Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Question for long retired MT.. (Views: 36)

CR's notes are the property of the court. No one - reports these

Posted: Jul 28th, 2024 - 11:54 am In Reply to: not all CR agencies - use legal transcription companies

CRs who are not doing their jobs. A transcript is produced, so there would be no reason to look at the CR's notes unless someone reported the CR. I've done legal transcription for Florida, which is a state that does not require certification, and I've received notes from a CR that included nothing but the objections. I've received notes from a CR that ended within 30 minutes of a two hour deposition and they just dropped off. If the legal transcription company owned up to what CRs were doing, then you'd all be out of a job! Trust me, I was surprised at how many CRs actually do not do their job. If CRs are not being reported, then they would have no worries about pissing their certification away, especially those that don't even have to be certified to maintain their job as a CR.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)