A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do you think MQ suits are aware of the Tammy post and - how many hits it has gotten? nm

Posted: Nov 03, 2011

x

why would they care - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you think because some stupid "Tammy post" got a bunch of hits that they would all of a sudden stop sending work to India and everything would go back to normal?

Of course not! Just wondering if anybody thinks they - aqre aware of what happens here. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Do you know how many people have been let go from the Q - too many to count

[ In Reply To ..]
From supervisors, tech people, MTs, QA...

Why would 1 person who was acquired from another company be a big deal? This Tammy person is no different than any of the thousands that have lost their job due to offshoring of our work.

They are too busy watching their bank records than worried about what you or anyone else thinks. Hate to be harsh, but I am a realist.

Q just looking for ways to make us leave - donna

[ In Reply To ..]
Why else would they take someone that worked on an account for over 10 years and then put them somewhere different. Is that productive? When a tier 3 leaves, they can hire a tier 1, save money. I didn't take the offer from Q when they took over my company and they seemed surprised that I turned them down. If all tier 3 quit, where would they be? Who would correct all the VR? We would then have them where they have us, with limited choices. Like a strike!!! Make them pay us what we have worked so hard for! Just a thought.

that would only work - if...

[ In Reply To ..]
It would work for all the tier 3's to leave IF their goal was to have both offshore and US MTs, but that is simply not the case. Look what CBAY did to their own MTs...

Their goal is to acquire as many companies as they can and shift it all to India. They want the tax breaks, they want the low-paid India MTs to do the work, and they want us GONE.
Medquist is a dirty player people, but this is an election - Stand up!
[ In Reply To ..]
year. In Sept, they bought out 3 companies and those of us that could watched them send every bit of work to India. Next, many workers from the bought-out company were let go-sorry, we don't need you anymore.

Those of you that have not had this happen to you are just sitting on a time bomb waiting for it to explode, and it will unless we do something about it.

How many times do you have to read this on here to figure it out and take action.

When are we going to stand up for our rights.

Every single person that has been affected to this point should be writing to their senators, news outlets, i.e., Fox, CNN, etc. They all sit around every day and whine about the unemployment rate, but allow this to happen to US workers.

This has been a very bad week for those bought out in Sept. and I am in the process of getting my word as far as I can. A lot of us are work at home mom's, some single, some not, and we are being abused by a large corporation that has to be stopped.

If anyone knows how to set up a website for protest signatures, please email me. I am not stopping until something is done.

For those laid off, google "displaced workers and name of your state", get website, and report MQ!!!

Stand up and do something for yourself and stop being the "silent forgotten" just because you work at home so you can have a part in raising your children.

Anyone that wants to help or has any advice on ways to get it out there-email me, I'll be here trying to figure out how I am going to feed my kids and what I am going to do if one of them gets sick!
C-Bay not a US owned and as such not much to be - done against it, not like if it was US owned.nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
you can do something...don't work for them and sm - formermtemployee
[ In Reply To ..]
write your congressmen and president and state that if these multinational companies want to do business here then they must hire US workers to do US work and pay fair wages or take a hike!!! These are our hospitals in our country who we support with our taxes and insurance payments and we should be managing our own personal information right here in our country!! Also, hang up on any telemarketer who is not from this Country, too, because we're losing those jobs to them as well. Also, buy American if you can find it. A little bit from all Americans can make great changes. If we do nothing we don't really have a right to complain.
Ok, I've got a pen. What is your addy so I can have - my bills sent to you. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Right?! What planet are these people even FROM? - Not mine ...
[ In Reply To ..]
You're kidding me, right? It sounds almost like you're suggesting that I tell Medquist to kiss my @$$ just to make some kind of "statement". I don't know what planet you're on, or maybe you're married, have a backup form of income of some sort or maybe you're just whacked in the head but that measely $400 I made on this paycheck just paid HALF of my payment arrangement to my apartment office. If I took your advice I'd be homeless. It must be nice to be in a position to just quit your job to make a "statement" that will never be heard, muchless cared about. What does that feel like? I may only make $6 an hour but without it I would literally be going hungry right now so giving advice like you just gave could only come from someone half crocked, or someone who has the luxury of having their bills paid, a worry-free roof over their head and food in their belly that didn't come from the food bank. I'm going to send you my bills too since you're in such a sweet position.
Well - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You're the one willing to work for 6 dollars an hour. Nobody is making you. I have to pay bills too, but if I made only 6 an hour I wouldn't be here. I'm not the above poster but I agree. I don't have the luxury of having my bills paid but I'm not going to stay at a job where I only make 6 an hour. Don't send me your bills, I don't want them. I have enough of my own. Why not get out and find something different. Don't tell me you can't because you can if you want to. I once worked 3 jobs to keep me and my son fed and it wasn't easy but I did what I had to do.
Don't judge me - you don't know *anything* about me - MME
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't owe you ANY explanation about what I'm doing or NOT doing about my personal situation but as a matter of fact I AM in school, I'm a health and wellness coach certified through the Institute of Integrative Nutrition as of last month. I'm also scheduled to start at a new transcription company on November 21 which means my first paycheck won't come until just before the holidays which is a long freaking time to wait.

So don't mouth off about what I'm doing or "should be" doing because you know absolutely *NOTHING* about me or my situation.
I didn't say you owed me anything - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You were the one whining about not being able to pay your bills and so forth, making 6 dollars an hour. You didn't bother to tell people that you were moving on and getting out. Why didn't you make it a positive post about getting out instead of only telling part of the story?
WOW, way to show compassion - CAMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Why did she need to explain anything about her situation to you or anyone else, are you her mother? Would the fact that she's getting out make the $6 an hour seem more acceptable? I'm having a hard time understanding why all your responses seem super harsh.
If she had explained her situation - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
totally, I would have encouraged her and said way to go since she is getting out of it and doing something to fix her situation. By her post, it seemed like she was accepting 6 dollars an hour and not doing anything about it. I don't think my posts are harsh, just honest. When people are doing something about their situation, I encourage them. When they are sitting around whining and not doing anything about it, I try to encourage them to do something about their situation.
Your 'encouragement' really doesn't come across - CAMT
[ In Reply To ..]
OK I guess I never got the 'encouraging' part of your note, that seemed to be missing even from your last post when you still accused her of whining even after realizing that she's getting out. The truth is that none of us can really know anyone else's reality or what's going on in their off-line life so maybe we shouldn't judge or assume we know the whole story. I'm 'honest' too but hiding behind a veil of honesty doesn't give us permission to be rude or judgmental. I'm just suggesting that instead of charging out of the gate accusing people of whining that we take a step back to try and understand that whatever problem they're having in their life, it's THEIR reality and it's not ours to judge. We're all in the same boat here, right?
Maybe if people - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
told the whole story, which apparently they want to be heard since they post here, then people would know how to answer their posts. By whining about the bad and not telling the good, then what kind of response should we give? I have read many posts on here telling people that are whining to get up and do something about their situation. If she had posted the whole story I would have told her good for her for doing something about it and more people should do that. This is a chat site and you are right, we don't know everybody elses situations, just what we read, and we respond to what we read. No we're not all in the same boat. Some are doing things about their situation and some are sitting around whining and not doing anything.
Her post was insulting and harsh to the original poster - tired of the flamers
[ In Reply To ..]
If someone says let's all try and get out of the field telling them to pay their bills is rude. You know it's just a matter of time before we all have to get out or be forced out, so let's try to stay on each others side instead of petty back biting
hopefully my quitting will help you in someway... - formermqmt
[ In Reply To ..]
I wish you no ill will. My only hope is by those of us who can stand up to these crooks will and then maybe you can make more than $6.00 an hour. It's the Q's fault your getting paid so poorly, not ours. In case you're confused we're all in this boat together and it doesn't help to be rude. That's the planet I live on.
Hey, I'm a former Medquist employee, tier 3, and I quit them. I think we all should. - formertier3mqemployee
[ In Reply To ..]
It will definitely hurt them only if the majority of people leave. I know it's hard but it's the only way things will change. If you don't try and stop what they're doing then unfortunately you're just part of the problem. I might sound mean but I don't mean to be... it's just the truth.
neither you nor anyone else quitting will fix this. - and NO, it wont hurt them
[ In Reply To ..]
They dont want us anyway, the want it all in INDIA. If every US MT walked off today, they would be psyched that the could give it all over there without the games they have to play.
Yea, so let's just do nothing buy sit around on this board and complain! - Typical
[ In Reply To ..]
So, the answer is "just don't work for them", "won't make any difference", all typical answers for those who want to just be lazy and sit around and complain. Heaven forbid, don't try to do anything that might be of benefit. So, just sit there and wait for your turn then, but at least spare us your philosophies if you don't want to try and help-my opinion anyway!

We need some movers in this profession, not whiners!
Exactly, turn down the ridiculous minimum wage offers MQ gives - Just say NO
[ In Reply To ..]
you when they buy-out your company, say NO THANKS! Have some guts and do it. Mass exodus unexpected, will hurt MQ. Remember, there are some clients that will not allow them to send to India, and once they see the quality there will be more-believe me, I have seen it!
You are correct - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't quit yet, but come the time I'm forced to do ASR, I'll be outta here. I have a decent account and do okay for now. If you're making minimum wage, it's because you accept minimum wage. Don't say that's all you know, cause it isn't. If it is, go out and try to find some of your own accounts. It takes some effort, but it's better than sitting around accepting what MQ throws at you. Why do you think they do it? Because you let them! Why do you think you get thrown in the cesspool? Because you let them! Why do you think you make half the pay for ASR? You guessed it. You let them.
I quit 3 months ago. - Glad to be gone.
[ In Reply To ..]
First it was the cut in pay, then sitting around waiting for work and speding 12 hours trying to get 8 hours in. I can't believe so many of you are willing to spend your days this way. Like all the other posters have said, they can't treat you badly unless you let them.
Q pay is increase from where I was. And, so far, ample work. - If/when that changes then I will move on. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
My post - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
was agreeing with what you are saying here. I'm not sitting around waiting for work and don't let them treat me badly. I also said they can't treat you badly unless you let them.
Would you mind emailing me? - Sunshine
[ In Reply To ..]
where you went to work? All this stress is killing me. Been here 12 years and the demands and last cut in pay are unrelenting to say the least.

Similar Messages:

This Is Tammy...just Wanted To Say.....
Nov 01, 2011

Thank you to all of you who have gotten in touch.  I really loved working with each and every one of you and your support and concern is so truly appreciated!  But you know what?  Honestly, I am looking at this as a blessing in disguise.  I would not want to work for a company that constantly lies to its employees and has no regard for anything other than their own pockets.  Please keep in touch.  You can all still contact me at tpkj05@yahoo.com or ca ...

Trish Or Tammy. Call Me, Please, Dont Wait Til Sunday.
Nov 01, 2011

x ...

Just A Little Help In Case You Werent Aware Of It
Mar 06, 2012

A lot of the standards are single spaced, whether they are supposed to be or not.. if you go to the top panel there are a pair of binoculars the icon NEXT to it on the right is a find and replace feature,,,you can type in any say word that is consistently wrong and then type it correctly in the replace box and it will fix the whole document...Same can be done for punctuation put in there .  (one space)  and in the find replace put the .  (two spaces) and hit the button, fixe ...

Anyone Aware Nuance Has Gotten Rid Of Transcription
Jan 13, 2015

for the Kaleida Health System and will no longer be using MTs at all soon, they are using templates and the doctors will be editing their own reports, and this is for the entire system as radiology has already been phased out. this must be similar to MModal's voice 'understanding' not just recognition. it is tied into the EHR and can create reports from templates based on the electronic health records. it knows when a doctor dictates an error and will flag it, and all the doctor ...

Is Anyone Aware Of The Trade Adjustment Assistance Act?
Jun 12, 2012

I just found out about this government program.  From what I understand, it helps those who have lost all or part of their hours/income due to outsourcing of their profession, especially us older workers who need to retrain in order to reenter the workforce in another field.   It looks to me like Medical Transcriptionists should fit their description, and we should be eligible for some funding to get some training!   The catch is, in order to file, you have to have at least 3 pe ...

MT Roll In Malpractice Prevention - Are They Aware? (sm)
Oct 01, 2012

When I worked for several clients as a contractor for about 20 years, I don't think a day ever passed that I didn't make corrections to doctors who were exhausted or on auto pilot who made dictation errors that could cost them a fortune in a malpractice suit. It was right corrected to left breast, making sure the woman didn't have a surgical history of prostatectomy, nor a man having a TAH BSO, making sure allergies went where they would be noticed, and knowing when they were dic ...

American Health Connection - Be Aware
Feb 09, 2015

I was hired by American Health Connection as a patient scheduler. I was sent an offer letter which I signed and then an email came with several forms to complete. Once had to be notarized, so I mailed everything back priority rate. Then, another email came with more attachments. Within those attachments, was a training reimbursement agreement that I was required to sign that said that if I quit the job prior to 6 months on the job I would have to pay $2,500 to the company. I have never in my lif ...

Patient Is To Be Aware Of Incontinence As This Could Indicate S/l Acato Quino Syndrome. Thanks!!
Jan 04, 2010

x ...

Finally Got Through Support. Says They're Aware Of The Problem But Doesn't Know How Long
Jun 18, 2012

~ ...

Anyone Answer Ad Posted In March For Company STAT Transcription, Inc--be Aware
Jun 14, 2013

I sent my resume in and just heard back last week asking if I was still interested. She sent a brief little word document with some account specs, cpl and paydates--no contract, HIPAA agreement, etc. I did three voice files the first day. She sent back a copy of my transcription, supposedly with corrections, but there were no QA markings or corrections. I did 15 voice files the next day and again she sent back a copy of my transcription with no obvious corrections. I asked her how I was sup ...

More Suits....
Jun 06, 2012

Do we really need all these upper management people?  We get an introduction email at least once a month......I feel another pay cut coming on or at least changes to DQS that will put more money in their pocket.  What are we getting paid for now that they can somehow manage not to pay us for?   ...

Suits Are Good!
Sep 12, 2010

Suits are just everyday people that have taken their careers toward management, usually just by accident. There are good suits and bad suits. We aren't all the same. Sometimes we suits become non-suits again or move back and forth. This "suit" talk is silly. We're all just people who are doing the best we can. It's even harder these days with a horrible economy, but we all do our best. Management is not the enemy. ...

Hey CBAY Suits
Mar 26, 2011

Why dont ya just open up all the regions into one clump and let us have a giant cesspool?  Then every report that pops up will get assigned out immediately and there will be instant TAT!  If you do it quick enough, you can beat all the other MTSOs to it and be the leader of the pack!  I mean, seriously, jumping from the 15 to 20 now is such a piece of cake, and you really dont want me thinking I have the upper hand here, do you? ...

I Have To Thank All Of You Who Talk About Law Suits
May 14, 2012

You've made this board so completely boring that I no longer feel the need to come here every day.    ...

For Nuance Suits. May You Have A
Jul 19, 2013

life plagued with famine, locusts and drought for having no concern for the lives and livelihood of those people who work the hardest for your wealth. May you know what it is like to struggle to feed your family and come to an understanding of what it feels like to not know how you will pay your bills or your rent/mortgage. May you know what it is to be ill and forego seeking treatment because of no insurance or enough money to cover the copay. This is my wish for you. ...

TO: NUANCE SUITS
Dec 22, 2013

First off, because I am polite, I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas. Now, I must ask, have you any idea as to the degree of financial devastation and destruction you have caused your MLSs? Are you aware that some have lost their homes and others are in the process of same due to a paycheck that is up to 50% less than what it used to be? Do you know or care that a lot of MLSs cannot afford to buy Christmas presents or even send out Christmas cards? To think that you hold us in such contemp ...

To The LOST SUITS Or SLAVES
Sep 17, 2010

Regarding the English slang for Management being termed as a "SUIT." On a forum/bbs/chat board it is not uncommon to find shortened variations of words in slang terminology being used.  There seems to be 2 classifications of work force/individuals on this forum and one would NOT need a certification in education to realize them to be Production and Management classifications.   The general consensus of "Production Workers" seems to have been approp ...

Make Me A CEO & I'll Cut All The Unnecessary Suits,
Mar 19, 2012

supervisors, managers, leaders, unnecessary webinars, conferences, etc., and increase the pay of the ones who actually have their hands on the item that produces revenue for the company...  Seems like an awful lot of wasted money in all these corporations IMHO.  ...

Maybe The Suits Should All Kick In Half Their
Mar 08, 2014

They'd still have plenty left over for the lifestyle they've carved out for themselves. I bet Vern and Amy are having a good chuckle right now. ...

SUITS MAKING RULES FOR UNDERLINGS
May 20, 2011

It is obvious that those in charge have NEVER typed a word and have no idea what transcription is all about.  They need to go on Undercover Boss and spend one day at the computer and listen to what we listen to and then tell me we need to be 99% accurate.  What a joke! ...

MQ Suits Are Too Rich. They Have Multiple Houses
Oct 30, 2011

I am scoping out a big box for my next move to under the overpass down the street. ...

Do You Think M Modal Suits Read This Site?
Apr 26, 2012

A Round Of Applause For The Nuance Suits
Aug 17, 2013

Hundreds of jobs out of TAT this morning across the board.  Betcha the clients are getting a little bit cranky.  While you are holding your employees to unobtainable standards of perfection to perfect your VR so you can get rid of us and send the meager rest to India, you will have run this company into the ground first.  Don't the clients penalize you when reports are late?  Make sure you pass that loss on to us, the MTs.  Don't dare take respon ...

Class Action Suits. All The Comments Below That Nothing
Apr 05, 2014

can be done. That is SO NOT true, and I hate to state the obvious, the elephant in OUR room here, that its likely management trolls.  The law firm listed below is fantastic.  And class actions work where 1 or 2 Plaintiffs step up and its converted to a class action for all employees. That's where ya sit back, don't have to do squat, the pros go over payroll and you get compensated if wages are calculated to be do you. Its simple, NOT some big drama fest.  This IS America ...

Hey Suits And Others Reading This...Do The Hospitals Know Their Work Is Being Sent Offshore?
Jun 03, 2013

Are we taking for granted the "clients" hospitals know where the work goes, but DO THEY really? Wonder. Even if they DO know, bet most patients/people don't.  Wish there was a way to spread the word around.  Bet most people would be outraged.  It also seems like not such a good idea for national security, or just for privacy sake, to send medical records, information, all over they world (yeah, yeah, I know, not ALL over the word...not yet).  GREED is such an awful thing ...

How Long You Think It Took For Zylo Suits To Send Email Telling
Jan 13, 2012

x ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

RE: New Post Replies, Do They All Go To The Bottom Of The Original Post?
Jan 23, 2010

I don't remember that yet when I post lately it goes all the way to the bottom rather than immediately after the original post.  Perhaps I just never noticed it before.  Oh well... ...

Question On Post Vs Status Post
Oct 22, 2009

Sometimes I'm not sure what to do when they say "post" ... something. I know if it is postauricular (for example), it is attached ... but how about post aneurysmal surgery?  It does not seem like it would be attached.  - Is it proper to leave it stand-alone or should I change it to status post ... or actually attach it? Thanks in advance!!  ...