A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone answer ad posted in March for company STAT Transcription, Inc--be aware - amazed

Posted: Jun 14, 2013

I sent my resume in and just heard back last week asking if I was still interested. She sent a brief little word document with some account specs, cpl and paydates--no contract, HIPAA agreement, etc. I did three voice files the first day. She sent back a copy of my transcription, supposedly with corrections, but there were no QA markings or corrections. I did 15 voice files the next day and again she sent back a copy of my transcription with no obvious corrections. I asked her how I was supposed to know what she corrected and she said just read it over I'm sure you'll notice them. I reviewed the file and couldn't see anything that was changed. Read it line for line against my original and nothing was different. Thought it was pretty strange and decided maybe not to take any more work from her and let it go. Today she sends me a copy of a voice file I transcribed last week that was an incomplete dictation. Said she wanted me to listen to it again to see if I could hear all of it now. I played it and it still cut off about a third of the way through. I transferred it to another computer and same thing, cut off about a third of the way through. I e-mailed her and asked her what she wanted me to do with it. She said they had switched to ds2 files and I that's why I couldn't hear it. Said she was sorry I didn't have the right programs and if I ever got them to let her know and she would send me more work. I then converted the latest file she sent, the ds2 file, to MP3 and it still cut off. I went back to the original voice file and noticed it was an MP3 file. I looked at all the files she had sent me, some were MP3 and some were DSS and they all played just fine. So this woman is just a mind game. I have a feeling she is scamming people to do overflow and then blows them off with lame excuses hoping they just walk away shaking their heads and forget out the pay. Good grief she didn't even touch the transcription that she said she made changes to, who does that? Proceed with caution if you hear from her.

Thank you - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for the heads up. I certainly appreciate you sharing this with us. It sounds like she was playing you, or that she is extremely unorganized and/or inefficient, to say the least. I've encountered several individuals at various companies that have played mind games such as this (and ones that you could never predict in advance), but these games usually began after I was hired. Because I've been so trusting and wanted to believe the best, it has usually taken me several months to figure it out on my own. It seems that these scenarios are more frequent with online work situations, so I appreciate the warning.

I am sorry this happened to you. - It sounds exactly

[ In Reply To ..]
like someone I worked for recently. same scenario, except with the DS2 files, they suggested that I purchase an Olympia player to be able to hear the files all the way through, except they were not DS2 files, they were WAV files, and I already had two different WAV players on my computer, both capable of playing DS2. They had also suggested a certain person to purchase the very expensive $400 Olympia players from. I refused. I am no longer working for them, as it sounded like a "set up" for someone's relative to make a commission from selling software. With the transcription industry going down the tubes pretty quickly, I am sure that the software used to do this type of work is also taking a hit in sales. I do not pay to be scammed... by anyone. You were wise to see the light! Stay vigilant everyone. There are true bottom feeders out there looking to line their pockets off the MT.

What to do - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They have no legal teeth, but it will be on her record and might save someone else from going through this. Shame on her!

RED FLAG - how to get free labor - just saying

[ In Reply To ..]
And I would not waste time with the BBB - this appears (from your account) to be deliberate fraud. Contact the Department of Labor and see if there is a way to report this company - or at least get some advice from them. Also may be the moderators of the board could follow up? I would also send a demand letter for payment of work done. Don't make it easy for cheats to get away with fraud.

I read a while back on here that - sm - JavaMT50

[ In Reply To ..]
a company contracted an IC to work a 4-hour shift daily typing radiology and 1/2 hour before her shift was done, she fired the IC. Come to find out, according to other people's post, she had a habit of doing that. Sounds like some of these companies have a game where they use people to cover backlog and fire them suddenly and try to get out paying them.

Thank you all for the validation and advice - amazed

[ In Reply To ..]
It's good to know I'm not the only one, was feeling terribly foolish last night. I have not doubt this person is a scammer and have sent a letter requesting my pay. If she doesn't pay and/or the check bounces, I know who her clients are and am considering letting them know that she isn't paying her subs. I was afraid I was going to get a lot of responses telling me not to complain, and feel so much better today knowing we have a place like this were others understand and share their words. Thank you.
Amazed - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
I do stand by my advice to let the BBB know just so other docs and hospitals can see what a scammer she is. However, I do think the advice to report her to the Labor Board is excellent. Also write a letter to the Fraud Division of the Attorney General of your home state and of the state in which she does business. Build a fire under her butt.
The only thing with - the BBB is
[ In Reply To ..]
you cannot just file a complaint anonymously. You have to have tons of documentation to prove your complaint. The BBB takes all that info and goes directly to whomever you are complaining about. They are given the info you shared with the BBB and have the right to "respond" in kind to any allegations against them. If the company responds at all and has documentation proving their side of the coin, a complaint is not filed at all, but it is suggested seeking an attorney to "settle your differences." To me this is a complete waste of time and amounts to nothing. The BBB takes no action against them, but is more like a mediator to the problem. It takes months and goes no where.
A note on the BBB - just to clarify
[ In Reply To ..]
The BBB is not responsible for handling issues in an employer/employee relationship. The only handle complaints from consumers regarding a produce or service issue within a business/consumer relationship.

sounds like my - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It sounds like my last supervisor, although it was legal work. She was playing mind games with me all the time. I began to think I was crazy, but after being let go, or being "laid off" so she says, I saw the real her and decided it is a good thing that I was "laid off" because sooner or later I would have called her on it and I wouldn't be very nice. I detest people like that.

STAT transcription - Sue

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a lady from that company contact me from this site. This sounds exactly like what happened to me, except I didn't get as far as you did. Was the doc an ESL?

There is more than one STAT Transcription (sm) - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
I recall reading that there are also good ones using the same name. One, whom I believe is in the mid-west has a good long reputation, so it's important to know where these bad guys are located so we can avoid the right ones.

Similar Messages:

Clear Choice Transcription - QA Position Posted On MTstars From This Company
Feb 10, 2011

I was sent a contract and letter of hire for the QA position posted on MTstars from this company.  Can anyone give me any current information on this company? TIA  ...

Anyone Aware Nuance Has Gotten Rid Of Transcription
Jan 13, 2015

for the Kaleida Health System and will no longer be using MTs at all soon, they are using templates and the doctors will be editing their own reports, and this is for the entire system as radiology has already been phased out. this must be similar to MModal's voice 'understanding' not just recognition. it is tied into the EHR and can create reports from templates based on the electronic health records. it knows when a doctor dictates an error and will flag it, and all the doctor ...

And What About A Company That Refuses To Answer How
Nov 03, 2014

they will pay you. lol ...

A-STAT Transcription?
Jan 26, 2011

Any info on this company?  Pay on time?  Good to work for?  Or stay away? ...

STAT Transcription Service
Mar 24, 2010

Anyone ever heard of them?  I did an archive search and couldn't find anything.  Thanks in advance! ...

STAT Transcription--Must Haves
Mar 17, 2014

STAT Transcription in Michigan's ad says must have $$ own computer, own programs, own up-to-date books, Stedman's Medical spell checker, up-to-date Drug Index--$$--for low wages, oh, and pay your own taxes, no benefits.  Hospitals buy equipment for doctors...anything they want to keep them happy and on staff.  Once a radiologist came into the transcription department for batteries for his hospital-supplied hand-held Dictaphone so he could dictate his office notes...suppl ...

MRI Job Posted By Linda Rr.com Is Not A Company?
Aug 31, 2010

http://forum.mtstars.com/263430.html   Does anyone or a moderator have any information on this place or company?  Well it does not seem to be a company.  Thanks ...

Any Comments On Company GTS That Just Posted For MTs?
Aug 28, 2014

a ...

STAT Medical Transcription Services
Oct 31, 2009

Does anyone have any information on STAT Medical Transcription Services??  Thanx ...

STAT Transcription Davis Michigan
Dec 29, 2010

Looking for information on this company.  Thanks! ...

STAT Transcription, Inc, Palm Harbor, FL
Feb 22, 2013

Anyone work for this company, what's it like? ...

United Transcription - Answer A Few Questions For Me?
Jan 02, 2015

Can anyone working here answer a few questions for me?  How many liph are you getting here or lines per pay period?  I hear good things about working with them, which is a nice change, but would love to have some answers regarding earning potential.  Please....... ...

WHOA - How Come When I Type 1 Letter On The Subject Line Of My Company Email, ANYTHING I Posted On M
May 18, 2012

Went to reply to a company email and typed the letter "M" when a list of phrases i've used on here showed.    Some type of spyware????   ...

Non-stat Reports Labeled As Stat
Sep 01, 2014

I know this shouldn't bother me, but I have this doctor (and he has a PA-C under him that does it too) that STAT every file.  He's an urgent care doc, so I get that he thinks because the place he works is called "Urgent Care" that everything he does must, therefore, be "urgent."  But it's simply not true.  Your "urgent" sinus infection which you felt you needed to STAT got pushed in front of several files that your colleagues who actually sent patients to the ER by ...

How Do We Know What Company "J" Is On Part-time Ad Posted? - Nm
Feb 29, 2012

n/m ...

S/l March Saline Sutures???
Jun 10, 2010

Whatever they are, they are attaching a skin graft to the mandible.  Thanks! ...

SO...anyone Get Arrested In The March...hmmm? NM
Oct 26, 2011

x ...

No Bonus For Last 2 Days Of March....
Apr 10, 2013

On the timesheets they presented today approval they didn't have the QA payroll bonus for the past week. Don't I remember they told us everyone was getting it for the first quarter...which would have technically ended 3/31? I've sent an e-mail to my supervisor and manager asking as I don't want to sign off if they're trying to pull one on us and "forget" to give it for those last 2 days of the quarter which of course was in a different pay period. Will let you know wha ...

Another Morning No Work. CSM Says Will Be Better Middle Of March,
Feb 21, 2013

Guess we will have to wait and see.  Tuesday 3 hours of work because of doctor's appointment and could not make up time if there was any work.  Today second job, cannot make up time.  All morning no work.  Will have to work more hours at second job I guess.  Retail, not guaranteed hours but better than what I am getting at MModal.  ...

Nuance Bonus For Qtr Ending In March ?
Mar 18, 2013

Did I totally misunderstand or are we being grandfathered in for the bonuses of the 1st quarter to help with adjustment to the new rating system where an error in a short report is a KILLER? ...

Just A Little Help In Case You Werent Aware Of It
Mar 06, 2012

A lot of the standards are single spaced, whether they are supposed to be or not.. if you go to the top panel there are a pair of binoculars the icon NEXT to it on the right is a find and replace feature,,,you can type in any say word that is consistently wrong and then type it correctly in the replace box and it will fix the whole document...Same can be done for punctuation put in there .  (one space)  and in the find replace put the .  (two spaces) and hit the button, fixe ...

New Graduate March 2013 And Unable To Find A MT Job
Aug 24, 2013

I would like to know how anyone who graduates from Career Step and can not find a job for a MT...I am a graduate of March this year however not with honors. But still every job I have read you need three years experience or more. Very upset all the money put out for extensions, etc and it was a waste of life and time.. Any suggestions on places who give graduates a chance?? ...

Do You Think MQ Suits Are Aware Of The Tammy Post And
Nov 03, 2011

x ...

Is Anyone Aware Of The Trade Adjustment Assistance Act?
Jun 12, 2012

I just found out about this government program.  From what I understand, it helps those who have lost all or part of their hours/income due to outsourcing of their profession, especially us older workers who need to retrain in order to reenter the workforce in another field.   It looks to me like Medical Transcriptionists should fit their description, and we should be eligible for some funding to get some training!   The catch is, in order to file, you have to have at least 3 pe ...

MT Roll In Malpractice Prevention - Are They Aware? (sm)
Oct 01, 2012

When I worked for several clients as a contractor for about 20 years, I don't think a day ever passed that I didn't make corrections to doctors who were exhausted or on auto pilot who made dictation errors that could cost them a fortune in a malpractice suit. It was right corrected to left breast, making sure the woman didn't have a surgical history of prostatectomy, nor a man having a TAH BSO, making sure allergies went where they would be noticed, and knowing when they were dic ...

American Health Connection - Be Aware
Feb 09, 2015

I was hired by American Health Connection as a patient scheduler. I was sent an offer letter which I signed and then an email came with several forms to complete. Once had to be notarized, so I mailed everything back priority rate. Then, another email came with more attachments. Within those attachments, was a training reimbursement agreement that I was required to sign that said that if I quit the job prior to 6 months on the job I would have to pay $2,500 to the company. I have never in my lif ...

Patient Is To Be Aware Of Incontinence As This Could Indicate S/l Acato Quino Syndrome. Thanks!!
Jan 04, 2010

x ...

Finally Got Through Support. Says They're Aware Of The Problem But Doesn't Know How Long
Jun 18, 2012

~ ...

Q.E.D. Transcription. Anyone Know Anything About This Company?
Dec 17, 2009

Thanks ...

DSG Transcription Company
Jul 03, 2010

If anyone has worked or is currently working for DSG transcription, I would appreciate the experience you have had working with them. Thank you. ...