A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just a little help in case you werent aware of it - jh

Posted: Mar 06, 2012

A lot of the standards are single spaced, whether they are supposed to be or not..

if you go to the top panel there are a pair of binoculars the icon NEXT to it on the right is a find and replace feature,,,you can type in any say word that is consistently wrong and then type it correctly in the replace box and it will fix the whole document...Same can be done for punctuation put in there .  (one space)  and in the find replace put the .  (two spaces) and hit the button, fixes the whole mess..

How do the MQ/MM standards look now? I don't...sm - oldtimer

[ In Reply To ..]
work there anymore but I remember being so frustrated with the standards when I worked there, so many simple but critical errors. I had one bariatric surgery account that had about 20 standards and all were just awful. I ended up correcting all of them and making my own standards for that account.

why would you take the time to go in and change spacing - never

[ In Reply To ..]
If the standard has 1 space, leave it. If the standard has word spelled wrong, notify QA person, and leave it.
If the ASR puts 1 spcae and the account needs 2, notify ASR support staff and leave it.

There is no way on this planet that I am taking the time to fix this crap when the people paid to fix it wont. Never gonna happen.

well it is an easy fix and extra spaces do go towards extra lines - but your right

[ In Reply To ..]
X

I dont think they pay us for 2 spaces anyway - no matter what the client wants

[ In Reply To ..]
I am just not taking any more of my "production time" fixing their junk. Especially stuff like this that they could fix on the back end.
Really?? Is there a program that will count lines - They ripped us off years ago
[ In Reply To ..]
and got basically a spanking..they WILL do it again
If they dont pay us for dbl spaces, Im not doing them regardless of the client profile - how can we find this our
[ In Reply To ..]
x
when you look at report after upload - there is only 1 space
[ In Reply To ..]
so that tells me that on their "back end formatting," they change all double spaces to single space, and they probably calculate the line count after that.

This is my opinion, as I see no reason for them to switch to 1 space when the client profile does not specify to type only 1 space.
Honestly when I go into documanage I have not see that.. - but ill check more carefully
[ In Reply To ..]
Really sucks when you cant trust a single thing anymore..What do seem to be awfully low on line counts are the straight transcription jobs..Im gonna save a couple and manually count them just for the heck of it..
When I look at the reports after upload on my - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
accounts, there are 2 spaces. The client profiles on my accounts call for 2 spaces and that is what it is in the final product. If I mess up and put 1 space, that is what is there and it is caught if that report is audited.
Yes, this is true. I've found the same - Just Sayin
[ In Reply To ..]
doesn't matter whether you put 1 or 2 spaces, it will reformat to only 1 space and I guarantee that's all we're getting paid for. Don't waste your time going back and putting in 2 spaces. I did that before, only to find out I was wasting my time.

Similar Messages:

Werent We Supposed To Hear Something
Jun 14, 2012

"enhanced" benefits and pay rates? I can't seem to find the e-mail that discussed this. I think it was in April or early May, but so far can't find it. Why no word from Vern lately? Is he on a Norwegian cruise? I miss his chummy e-mails. ...

Anyone Aware Nuance Has Gotten Rid Of Transcription
Jan 13, 2015

for the Kaleida Health System and will no longer be using MTs at all soon, they are using templates and the doctors will be editing their own reports, and this is for the entire system as radiology has already been phased out. this must be similar to MModal's voice 'understanding' not just recognition. it is tied into the EHR and can create reports from templates based on the electronic health records. it knows when a doctor dictates an error and will flag it, and all the doctor ...

Do You Think MQ Suits Are Aware Of The Tammy Post And
Nov 03, 2011

x ...

Is Anyone Aware Of The Trade Adjustment Assistance Act?
Jun 12, 2012

I just found out about this government program.  From what I understand, it helps those who have lost all or part of their hours/income due to outsourcing of their profession, especially us older workers who need to retrain in order to reenter the workforce in another field.   It looks to me like Medical Transcriptionists should fit their description, and we should be eligible for some funding to get some training!   The catch is, in order to file, you have to have at least 3 pe ...

MT Roll In Malpractice Prevention - Are They Aware? (sm)
Oct 01, 2012

When I worked for several clients as a contractor for about 20 years, I don't think a day ever passed that I didn't make corrections to doctors who were exhausted or on auto pilot who made dictation errors that could cost them a fortune in a malpractice suit. It was right corrected to left breast, making sure the woman didn't have a surgical history of prostatectomy, nor a man having a TAH BSO, making sure allergies went where they would be noticed, and knowing when they were dic ...

American Health Connection - Be Aware
Feb 09, 2015

I was hired by American Health Connection as a patient scheduler. I was sent an offer letter which I signed and then an email came with several forms to complete. Once had to be notarized, so I mailed everything back priority rate. Then, another email came with more attachments. Within those attachments, was a training reimbursement agreement that I was required to sign that said that if I quit the job prior to 6 months on the job I would have to pay $2,500 to the company. I have never in my lif ...

Patient Is To Be Aware Of Incontinence As This Could Indicate S/l Acato Quino Syndrome. Thanks!!
Jan 04, 2010

x ...

Finally Got Through Support. Says They're Aware Of The Problem But Doesn't Know How Long
Jun 18, 2012

~ ...

Anyone Answer Ad Posted In March For Company STAT Transcription, Inc--be Aware
Jun 14, 2013

I sent my resume in and just heard back last week asking if I was still interested. She sent a brief little word document with some account specs, cpl and paydates--no contract, HIPAA agreement, etc. I did three voice files the first day. She sent back a copy of my transcription, supposedly with corrections, but there were no QA markings or corrections. I did 15 voice files the next day and again she sent back a copy of my transcription with no obvious corrections. I asked her how I was sup ...

OK Doc...sss Nn N C End Case,, Really?
Mar 07, 2012

I know exactly what you mean but I dont know the exact wording so now I have to go back and look at old reports and try and figure it out..and then make a shortcut for it cause you always talk like a dumbass...If you would talk like a human you would find your reports get done faster and more accurately.. Do they realize that we type over 100 different doctors on any given day or do they really think we are their personal transcriptionists..Someone needs to tell them how to talk..These companie ...

Into The K? End Of The Case?
Jan 24, 2013

I don't think there is a k in the renal arteries. I just can't understand what he is saying.   Confirmatory angiography s/l  --into the k --showed wide patency of the renal arteries and excellent run-off with both hypogastrics patent. ...

Serious Case Of Bunout
May 10, 2012

I know I'm fortunate to have the job I have and to be able to work from home, but I have a serious case of bunout!  I've been trascribing for 25 years and have been looking for another career after recently graduating.  In the meantime, I have to transcribe.  Anyone have any techniques they use to overcome burnout?  It seems it takes all I have lately to sit in my chair and transcribe, and I hate feeling this way!   ...

In My Case, Is Becoming An MT Worth It?
May 29, 2013

I read this message board from time to time but have never posted but am looking for advice.  Last fall I lost a full time job at a bank - which caused me to sincerely doubt my self-confidence as an employee. I then started the career step MT program and am currently about 60% compete. I recently applied and accepted a job at a local, very busy gift/general merchandise store. I like the job. It pays $9 per hour and is about 30 hours a week. There aren't any benefits.  I believe I ...

Just In Case Anyone Is Interested...
Sep 12, 2013

Very interesting article!   ...

In Case You Missed It
Nov 27, 2013

will tell you one more time what they just did to me. In my former BOB was back up to about $18/hour, getting kudos for having 100% accuracy on many reports. Then switched to a new BOB. After working for about 24 hours on the account I was audited, failed at 98.1% and immediately put on 100% QA at which point I quit. Previously I had been audited once a month (and sometimes went for months without an audit) and when I occasionally failed, was given another month to "improve." I was making 1 ...

Just In Case There Was Any Doubt
Dec 21, 2014

Spoke to someone last night that had a friend fired for Christmas. Not a transcriptionist, but a medical biller in Florida..Their work was outsourced to Pakistan..And to add insult to injury her company actually tried to tell her she had to stay and train her replacement..This is the future of anything medical, and probably anything that can be done from a remote location.. ...

KS OT Case In Texas: MTSO Has To Pay
Nov 11, 2009

There's a post buried below regarding overtime and a case lost by Keystrokes in Texas.  A KS poster (probably the owner) states "It is a lie".  It's not a lie.  Here's the publicly accessible truth. The link for the original charges is listed below this post.  The Final Judgment 6/19/09 is below and states that all Keystrokes employees must be informed.  These files are open to the public to view. -------------------------------------------------------- ...

Prosthesis Case Windowed?
Dec 15, 2009

This is a patient who has a poor fitting prosthesis and developed an ulceration on his leg. It sounds like the doctor states prothesis case will probably be windowed?  Does this make sense to anyone?  ...

Need Spelling For S/l KO Case Inhibitor??
Jun 28, 2010

. ...

I Must Either Be An Extreme Rare Case . . .
Jul 27, 2011

After readings these boards, I have to say I must be either be an extreme case or lucky.  I have been an MT for about 20 years.  I have worked both in-house and at home, being at home the last 7 years.  I have worked for both MTSOs and independently.  I have to say I work part-time for 2 companies (small MTSOs) as an IC and love it.  I have done so for about 2 years now and know what my day looks like by 9 a.m. every morning and plan accordingly. Yes, ther ...

In Case Anyone Missed It This Weekend ...
Jan 27, 2014

While some of us are on Food Stamps, earning pennies and being nickeled and dimed to death, the company we REALLY work for ... JP Morgan Chase, just bumped its CEO from $11 million a year to $20 million a year.  In case you wondered, he now earns almost $55,000 A DAY, 365 days a year.    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/p-morgan-raise-james-dimon-pay-20-million-article-1.1590425 ...

In Case You Didnt Hate Your POD Enough Already
Dec 17, 2014

when MTs worked OT??? I was seriously upset when I found this out.  Why not for ALL MTs who worked OT?   ...

S/l 'case Preference' On Neuro Exam
Jan 08, 2010

It's a patient with with severe global aphasia. He dictates the following: Cranial nerves, of course she cannot cooperative to measure and test visual fields. She has some spontaneous extraocular motility, and overall, most important, I did not see any **s/l 'case preference' **  He goes on to say there is no nystagmus. She does have a right central facial palsy. ...

NEWS!! An Attorney Has Agreed To Take This Case!
Mar 04, 2010

I wrote in to ask for help from a major radio broadcaster who is a lawer, ***** (not allowed to advertise other websites here).  I briefly and objectively explained our quandary.  A lawyer said Mr. H_____ asked him to "briefly respond to your case" and is stepping up to the bat.  He said he believes we could have a case by "wrongful termination by constructive discharge."    His name is *****.  I'll be calling him on my lunch break and getting back to yo ...

Anyone Ever Filed A Worker's Comp Case?
Mar 23, 2010

Just curious to those who have been in this profession awhile and have become hurt as a result, have you filed and won or not won?  I have battled pain about eight years now and have hit a wall, can no longer work.  My hands and wrists swell up, I have twitches in all fingers, I drop things, cannot grip or open things, cannot write, wear splints, driving hurts.  Just wondering other's experience with this.  I have about 20 years until retirement so I need to keep working ...

Gee, If Amazon Workers Lost Their Case
Dec 09, 2014

I cannot believe this decision. Amazon forces their employees to wait in line to check if they are stealing stuff but will not pay them the half hour extra it takes. Sadly, this was a unanimous Supreme Court decision. From another article from Gawker: The ruling was unanimous. It means that workers are forced to spend an extra half hour per day at work for no pay. Reuters reports that "Justice Clarence Thomas wrote on behalf of the court that the screening process is not a 'principal ac ...

In Case Anyone Hasn't Noticed, When You Hit Ctrl-T To Insert The
Aug 11, 2010

current date into the body of the report, it's puts the WRONG date.  For example, I just noticed that it put 11/08/2010, and of course it's 08/10/2010.  So, I may have been inserting the incorrect address until noticing this.  Does this happen with anyone else or just me?  Is it a stupid "upgrade" glitch.......or is it just another way that QA can ding us and get us below 98%.   I hate sounding so paranoid, but that is what working for MQ has done to me.&n ...

Just In Case Anyone Missed It, See Here What Show NBC Is Putting Out And Why They Should Be Banned,
Aug 16, 2010

picketed and millions of emails from MTs like ourselves should be sent to them complaining, just as others are doing.  This is an absolute disgrace, comedy or no comedy!!!!  The show is called Outsourced.  If you do not want to click the link below then Google NBC - Outsourced, as I did, and read about the show and also read the hundreds, if not thousands, of people who are writing NBC and complaining!  Such poor taste! http://www.nbc.com/news/2010/05/07/nbc-picks-up-three-n ...

DLSE Said I Have A Very Strong Case And Asked How Many CA Employees There Are.
Jun 22, 2015

California employees, please file a wage claim.  The DLSE was very interested in all the nonproduction time we spend and stated Nuance needs to change their policies, but they haven't made any changes since specifically being made aware.  I overheard that there are a few other cases, but I urge everyone to file.  It's free and you are protected by the anti-retaliation laws.  ...

In Case You Forget That Nuance Is Not A Transcription Company At Its Core
Jul 16, 2014

I have to admit, I wasn't familiar with what "Ambulatory" transcription would entail, so I went searching on the internet and came across this PDF. It is a stark reminder that Nuance is not a transcription company.  They are a technology company, a speech recognition company, and we are all test subjects to make their speech engine better (through the thousands of doctors dictating and all of our editing).  They don't want to use transcriptionsits to do their work. They wan ...