A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SUITS MAKING RULES FOR UNDERLINGS - 99% ACCURATE

Posted: May 20, 2011

It is obvious that those in charge have NEVER typed a word and have no idea what transcription is all about.  They need to go on Undercover Boss and spend one day at the computer and listen to what we listen to and then tell me we need to be 99% accurate.  What a joke!

Ever notice how they announce these things before - Christmas or during MT week?

[ In Reply To ..]
I've come to expect bad things in May and December.

BAD THINGS - WFP

[ In Reply To ..]
Ive gone to expect bad things every day when I log in to work.. sigh

Yeah nice timing. We appreciate you MT's. - Now up your production,

[ In Reply To ..]
improve your accuracy, take a pay cut, and oh yeah maybe lose your job, but we love you MT's.

Just when I thought they could not sink any lower - boy, was I wrong

[ In Reply To ..]
Just finished my minimum wage shift of 8 hours of trying to decipher reports dictated in what I swear is not the English language only to see that starting June 1, 99% accuracy on all reports, or else..... Can't send it to QA or we'll get docked, can't send it in with so many blanks or will get docked, and now, I guess we all need to learn to speak fluent Spanish, Arabic, and Chinese by June 1st, or else. I am headed for the fridge now for a cold one!!! I'm so discouraged right now. This is just not right! But like the poster said, one thing to look forward to is unemployment benefits when they finally fire us all over this or else just go ahead and lay us off already! We all know is coming. I think I would make more on unemployment than I do right now. Anyways, sorry for the late afternoon rant, but I can only get knocked down so many times, ya know? Have a good one everybody.

Has anyone been let go - Because of less than 98%

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just wondering how they handled that. I just passed a 3-week audit. I kept getting 97.9. Then I squeaked by. Oddly I've always been over 98% since 2001 when I started with MQ and have over 20 years of experience. If they fire us because of less than 99%, couldn't we still collect unemployment if we said they changed the original rules of when we were first hired?

What's the legal term - For when suits do that?

[ In Reply To ..]
What's the term for when a company changes the job description midstream so much from when the employees were originally hired on that it's impossible to meet the requirements? This in conjunction with drastically reduced benefits, several salary cuts, they're obviously trying to get rid of us so they can say they're forced to sent our jobs overseas.

twilight zone - a1typist

[ In Reply To ..]
Is it just me or did I read that memo wrong. My understanding is that this will be better and easier for us!@@# Am I reading it wrong or is that what they really said? Can't believe anything they do would make it better for us. Please help me on the understanding of this latest ax to the heart.

According to the note, bringing it in line with ADHI. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
The organization that was supposed to stand up for us MTs. Thanks ADHI. This is one reason ADHI has none of my money, plus, their work has helped cause drive my wage into the subterrain.

suits making the rules - kittykat

[ In Reply To ..]
What a bunch of jibberish. Yeah, both sides of the coin. I cannot tell you how many times my check was messed up and they had to send me the difference by overnight, no less. And you are right, don't the doctors have to be a little bit more perfect? Like when the say right in the heading and you type a very long report and then they say left (which is a critical error), so you have to either proofread the report which takes longer, or hope for the best. Are they held accountable. Or how I have a couple of docs who EVERYTIME cannot get the case correct. I have trained myself on those docs to listen to the complete sentence and still it trips me up.

Heck they can't even get the type of report right. - How many times do you

[ In Reply To ..]
to go back because they say procedure note and it is a history or they say history and it is a discharge summary. That is BEFORE they even start dictating.

Similar Messages:

More Suits....
Jun 06, 2012

Do we really need all these upper management people?  We get an introduction email at least once a month......I feel another pay cut coming on or at least changes to DQS that will put more money in their pocket.  What are we getting paid for now that they can somehow manage not to pay us for?   ...

Suits Are Good!
Sep 12, 2010

Suits are just everyday people that have taken their careers toward management, usually just by accident. There are good suits and bad suits. We aren't all the same. Sometimes we suits become non-suits again or move back and forth. This "suit" talk is silly. We're all just people who are doing the best we can. It's even harder these days with a horrible economy, but we all do our best. Management is not the enemy. ...

Hey CBAY Suits
Mar 26, 2011

Why dont ya just open up all the regions into one clump and let us have a giant cesspool?  Then every report that pops up will get assigned out immediately and there will be instant TAT!  If you do it quick enough, you can beat all the other MTSOs to it and be the leader of the pack!  I mean, seriously, jumping from the 15 to 20 now is such a piece of cake, and you really dont want me thinking I have the upper hand here, do you? ...

I Have To Thank All Of You Who Talk About Law Suits
May 14, 2012

You've made this board so completely boring that I no longer feel the need to come here every day.    ...

For Nuance Suits. May You Have A
Jul 19, 2013

life plagued with famine, locusts and drought for having no concern for the lives and livelihood of those people who work the hardest for your wealth. May you know what it is like to struggle to feed your family and come to an understanding of what it feels like to not know how you will pay your bills or your rent/mortgage. May you know what it is to be ill and forego seeking treatment because of no insurance or enough money to cover the copay. This is my wish for you. ...

TO: NUANCE SUITS
Dec 22, 2013

First off, because I am polite, I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas. Now, I must ask, have you any idea as to the degree of financial devastation and destruction you have caused your MLSs? Are you aware that some have lost their homes and others are in the process of same due to a paycheck that is up to 50% less than what it used to be? Do you know or care that a lot of MLSs cannot afford to buy Christmas presents or even send out Christmas cards? To think that you hold us in such contemp ...

To The LOST SUITS Or SLAVES
Sep 17, 2010

Regarding the English slang for Management being termed as a "SUIT." On a forum/bbs/chat board it is not uncommon to find shortened variations of words in slang terminology being used.  There seems to be 2 classifications of work force/individuals on this forum and one would NOT need a certification in education to realize them to be Production and Management classifications.   The general consensus of "Production Workers" seems to have been approp ...

Make Me A CEO & I'll Cut All The Unnecessary Suits,
Mar 19, 2012

supervisors, managers, leaders, unnecessary webinars, conferences, etc., and increase the pay of the ones who actually have their hands on the item that produces revenue for the company...  Seems like an awful lot of wasted money in all these corporations IMHO.  ...

Maybe The Suits Should All Kick In Half Their
Mar 08, 2014

They'd still have plenty left over for the lifestyle they've carved out for themselves. I bet Vern and Amy are having a good chuckle right now. ...

MQ Suits Are Too Rich. They Have Multiple Houses
Oct 30, 2011

I am scoping out a big box for my next move to under the overpass down the street. ...

Do You Think MQ Suits Are Aware Of The Tammy Post And
Nov 03, 2011

x ...

Do You Think M Modal Suits Read This Site?
Apr 26, 2012

A Round Of Applause For The Nuance Suits
Aug 17, 2013

Hundreds of jobs out of TAT this morning across the board.  Betcha the clients are getting a little bit cranky.  While you are holding your employees to unobtainable standards of perfection to perfect your VR so you can get rid of us and send the meager rest to India, you will have run this company into the ground first.  Don't the clients penalize you when reports are late?  Make sure you pass that loss on to us, the MTs.  Don't dare take respon ...

Class Action Suits. All The Comments Below That Nothing
Apr 05, 2014

can be done. That is SO NOT true, and I hate to state the obvious, the elephant in OUR room here, that its likely management trolls.  The law firm listed below is fantastic.  And class actions work where 1 or 2 Plaintiffs step up and its converted to a class action for all employees. That's where ya sit back, don't have to do squat, the pros go over payroll and you get compensated if wages are calculated to be do you. Its simple, NOT some big drama fest.  This IS America ...

Hey Suits And Others Reading This...Do The Hospitals Know Their Work Is Being Sent Offshore?
Jun 03, 2013

Are we taking for granted the "clients" hospitals know where the work goes, but DO THEY really? Wonder. Even if they DO know, bet most patients/people don't.  Wish there was a way to spread the word around.  Bet most people would be outraged.  It also seems like not such a good idea for national security, or just for privacy sake, to send medical records, information, all over they world (yeah, yeah, I know, not ALL over the word...not yet).  GREED is such an awful thing ...

How Long You Think It Took For Zylo Suits To Send Email Telling
Jan 13, 2012

x ...

Hypen Rules
Oct 31, 2010

Is not-too-distant future hyphenated?  Thanks ...

Rules Regarding Copies
Oct 03, 2011

I had always thought that the dictator received an automatic copy but in checking the MQ rules/standards, I don't see this.   Does anyone know for sure?  Should we copy the dictator if requested?  ...

MT Rules Changes Constantly
Aug 14, 2012

Does anybody else get emails of updated account specs or just in general about how this is now changing in the MT world and things such as hyphens are being phased out, among other changes to make the document "more readable".  I wonder...all these changes to how we are supposed to do our jobs, yet the only changes to what we are paid to do our job is a negative with pays dropping instead of going up.  I say it here and I can say it so many times, if somebody can sit in an office and c ...

HIPAA Rules
Oct 08, 2013

When a consultant's office calls the referred patient, is that office allowed to say the name of their office?  Ex:  Got a call from a GI office for my husband.  The woman gave her first name and said she needed his medical hx before she could schedule an appointment.  I asked what office she was from, and she said she couldn't say because of HIPAA but that it was a referral from his PCP.  Is it true that because of HIPAA we can't even know who's ...

New Change In Rules, Again
Dec 23, 2013

used to be when we ran out of work we could chose to make up time or take PTO, this was even at Thanksgiving.  Now we get the email that after waiting 6 mins some of you are taking PTO, but now we can't do this.  Now we are supposed to flex.  So just because the "lead" lets toooooo many people off I'm supposed to just keep checking and checking, that's great, i'll just do that after cooking our dinner and watching the kids open gifts and if I get work it'l ...

Number Rules
Mar 06, 2014

I don't know what the AAMT book of style does with regards to typing out numbers such as in this sentence:  I provided this patient and her 2 daughters with education regarding her diagnosis and treatment options.  Would you use numerals for "2" daughters in this case or would you type out "two"??? ...

So Many Rules, So Little Time
Aug 31, 2014

When I think about all the things we have to do, we really are more like administrative assistants than transcriptionists.  We have so much to do.  Make sure you put DOS, if given.  Make sure you list, or don't like as per client specs, unless dictator requests ??  Go by client profile or DSQ standard.  Which one is it this day?  Okay,  NOW okay to use q.h.s., so if put q.h.s. QA marks over it and still puts bedtime.  Okay to use cc  instead of m ...

Question About HIPAA Rules
Jan 13, 2010

Couldn't we just leave a note on any report with a cc to "please verify physician name for copy" which would then take the burden off of our shoulders? Not a QA marker, but by doing Ctrl + Shift + Q. I plan on leaving a note for anything that is questionable at all, ie., only last name given, unclear, cannot verify, whatever... I am not going down with them.  Fire me for it, then I will file for unemployment and win because they cannot fire you for a doctors mistake and then I might ...

Need Clarification On Rules For Sending Cc's.. Sm
May 11, 2010

Okay, I got a ding today from my extremely sweet and helpful QATL.  It seems I did not send as a cc a requesting physician dictated.  I looked at the report and I did enter the requesting physician in the ADT and the body of the report.  I thought if they did not specifically request a cc be sent, then you did not.   Am I wrong?   Old dog needs help.  Also, I thought if the Req Physician was in the ADT it automatically received a carbon copy..  Hmmm.. ...

Klein, Cline Rules For Dvt?
May 08, 2011

D-dimer is negative, making a pulmonary embolus unlikely by _______rules?   s/l Kline, Klein, Cline rules?? ...

Sometimes Certain Rules Just Don't Make Sense
Oct 24, 2011

There are some things that don't make sense to me in regard to certain rules for companies.  At my company, when you send something to QA, you have to put a blank and the number where it is, but if we think something "sounds" like something we cannot put that in because the QA person could hear what we are hearing and not really hear what is being said.  Now, what in the heck is VR then?  Sometimes when you see text presented on screen it may sound like what you are seeing.&n ...

Questions About HIPAA Rules
Jun 15, 2012

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge in regard to HIPAA violations and whether certain rules apply only in certain circumstances.  I had a workers comp claim and had my IME closing exam in March.  There were problems - the doctor assumed that he knew it all, didn't take any history from me and then rushed me through the exam and closed my claim.  I wasn't happy with the way the exam was conducted, and then on reading my exam report I found a number of mistakes, so ...

Mandatory OT/pay-per-line OT Rules
Jul 24, 2013

Our department was recently "onboarded" by a transcription service where we are now paid by the line.  We have had several days where we had "mandatory OT" where the boss would email and tell everyone they needed to do 1.5 hours of OT that day.  In my state, VT, the law says if you are required to work over 8 hours in a day you have to be paid OT pay.  Does anyone know how this works for pay-by-line work?  I know many of the practices of this company are questionable and ...

Current Number Rules?
Oct 11, 2013

Number rules.  I've been doing this a long time...but I just want to ask the group.  If there are no account-specific rules, is this sentence correct? "He has had 5 episodes since 08/10/2001." I think I'm correct, at least this is how I've been doing it.  What does the new BOS say?  I quit MQ/MM and don't have the current edition. Thanks ...