A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

American Health Connection - Be aware - sm

Posted: Feb 09, 2015

I was hired by American Health Connection as a patient scheduler. I was sent an offer letter which I signed and then an email came with several forms to complete. Once had to be notarized, so I mailed everything back priority rate. Then, another email came with more attachments. Within those attachments, was a training reimbursement agreement that I was required to sign that said that if I quit the job prior to 6 months on the job I would have to pay $2,500 to the company. I have never in my life ever been asked this of me. Had I known about this FIRST, I would not have sent all of those other forms in first which contained my private information. I was also told that I would be required to add ICD-9 codes in addition to insurance verification and prior scheduling experience. All of this for 12 bucks an hour. Lastly, because I mailed everything in I was asked if this was going to be an issue in the future because they said they were a "modern" company and expect everything to be scanned, attached as pdfs and emailed back. I am not about to email my private information such as social security number, address, bank check, driver's license, etc. There's just too much identity theft going on. I also bought the headset/mic that was required, so now I have to sell that to recoup my money because the company won't take it back. 

I'm so sorry this happened to you. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I would not even consider liking your post because what happened to you is horrible. For 12 dollars an hour? I mean, I'm speechless. How in the world are these "companies" getting away with this???

When are these scams gong to stop - Dear Lord

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for letting everyone know your experience. You may save another from having to go through this. And yes, how are these companies getting away with this. People are just so desperate to work from home that they are getting taken advantage of from every angle. Nothing wrong with wanting to work from home, but there is EVERYTHING wrong with companies taking advantage of this. We hate government getting involved in everything and I agree, but shouldn't there be some sort of protection from this crap. File complaints against the Bait tactics so many are pulling. File complaints and warn on as many boards as you can. Please do something! Exposure is really the only way to stop this.

AHC - I contacted them

[ In Reply To ..]
I sent them an e-mail stating I was looking for a part time employee position and would not consider an IC position and sent my resume'. They immediately responded, stating they were not hiring at this time and my application will be deleted! I did read about the headphones though. So either they are lying or people are so desperate for jobs, they do what these companies want. As for the $2500.00. I have heard of places training people and then if you don't fulfill your contract with them, they make you pay for the training, so I don't know if I would consider that a scam or not. I guess what was unfair to you, is they didn't disclose everything you were expected to do. Bummer! Hope you can sell the headset!

The problem was part time. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They told me that they only hire full time because it's not worth their time to train people who want to work part time.

Part Time - Thanks!

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for posting that. Their e-mail was rather abrupt to say the least, but I figured they must get a ton every day. Kind of surprised to even hear back. It is so difficult to find a PT employee position. IC jobs all over the place, but I am an IC and don't want another IC job. I don't like the tax stuff you have to do.

Similar Messages:

American Health Connection?
Feb 08, 2013

Does anyone have experience with them or did anyone find any info. on them?  I couldn't find much of anything.  Thanks. ...

American Health Connection
Apr 05, 2013

Is it just me or does the new American Health Connection ad look like others we have seen from another company...maybe Phonix MedComm? ...

Any Info On American Health Connection, Not Much In The
Mar 29, 2013

. ...

American Health Connection Review
Apr 03, 2013

American Health Connection has posted for staff/agent jobs on MTDaily and MT Stars.  They are very pleasant people with whom to work for sure.  The trend these days is to outsource hospital patient registration and companies such as this are taking off big time.  Having started training with them, I have had nothing but trouble...at first I was told my bandwidth was fine, only to learn that I needed 40-50 download speed and at least 10 upload speed.  Had to switch to a new provider, however, ...

Anyone Heard Of American Health Connection
Aug 29, 2013

I recently applied and interviewed with American Health Connection. It is not a transcription company but has remote home positions that work well with our MT knowledge base and sounds perfect for my tired hands after 20+ years. Has anyone had any exposure to this company? ...

Ahconn Or American Health Connection
Jan 15, 2015

American Health Connection or Ahconn has no business trying to recruit professional transcriptionists for their virtual call center.  That is all it is.  Furthermore, there are other problems, like your inability to care about these patients whom you engage, their problems are not your problems, so in the event they need your help and you can or try to help, they will reprimand you.  They are not clear on your duties until it is too late and your job is in jeopardy.  Manageme ...

Phoenix Medcom Or American Health Connection
Mar 28, 2013

Has anyone obtained a position and started working with either of these companies on their new positions for patient representatives, which is basically taking phone calls, setting appointments, checking insurance, etc.?  I am curious as to how it works out in the long run and if it is worth it.  Any information would be greatly appreciated - thanks! ...

American Health Connection - Remote Schedulers
Mar 17, 2014

Has anyone ever heard of this company and/or have any information about it?  Thanks! ...

Anyone Apply For American Health Connection As Posted On MT Jobs?
May 18, 2013

I have not yet. Any insights are appreciated. TIA. ...

Anyone Know About American Health Connections?
May 04, 2013

I saw a couple of ads on MT Jobs from this company.  Sounds interesting for a change of pace.  Any info on them? ...

American Health Connections And Others
Apr 18, 2014

It never ceases to amaze me, in an absurd kind of way, how companies can place job ads for positions and ask for bilingual/foreign language to be a major qualification here in the US of A!!  This is an English-speaking country, and I resent the fact that these companies can make these requirements on us who are US citizens and English is our first language!  They want our expertise in work ethics, but we need to learn their language in order to apply for a job with them; how ...

Afro-American Versus African-American
Nov 17, 2012

Afro pertains to a "hair style" usually worn by black people or African-Americans. African-American refers to a group or nationality of people whose decendants originated in Africa. Has anyone ever been corrected on that when getting audited? Just curious. I see this a lot. P.S. Not trying to stir the pot or offend anyone so please, no racial slurs or offensive posts. This is a ligitmate question. How do you type it? or do you think it matters? ...

Just A Little Help In Case You Werent Aware Of It
Mar 06, 2012

A lot of the standards are single spaced, whether they are supposed to be or not.. if you go to the top panel there are a pair of binoculars the icon NEXT to it on the right is a find and replace feature,,,you can type in any say word that is consistently wrong and then type it correctly in the replace box and it will fix the whole document...Same can be done for punctuation put in there .  (one space)  and in the find replace put the .  (two spaces) and hit the button, fixe ...

Anyone Aware Nuance Has Gotten Rid Of Transcription
Jan 13, 2015

for the Kaleida Health System and will no longer be using MTs at all soon, they are using templates and the doctors will be editing their own reports, and this is for the entire system as radiology has already been phased out. this must be similar to MModal's voice 'understanding' not just recognition. it is tied into the EHR and can create reports from templates based on the electronic health records. it knows when a doctor dictates an error and will flag it, and all the doctor ...

Do You Think MQ Suits Are Aware Of The Tammy Post And
Nov 03, 2011

x ...

Is Anyone Aware Of The Trade Adjustment Assistance Act?
Jun 12, 2012

I just found out about this government program.  From what I understand, it helps those who have lost all or part of their hours/income due to outsourcing of their profession, especially us older workers who need to retrain in order to reenter the workforce in another field.   It looks to me like Medical Transcriptionists should fit their description, and we should be eligible for some funding to get some training!   The catch is, in order to file, you have to have at least 3 pe ...

MT Roll In Malpractice Prevention - Are They Aware? (sm)
Oct 01, 2012

When I worked for several clients as a contractor for about 20 years, I don't think a day ever passed that I didn't make corrections to doctors who were exhausted or on auto pilot who made dictation errors that could cost them a fortune in a malpractice suit. It was right corrected to left breast, making sure the woman didn't have a surgical history of prostatectomy, nor a man having a TAH BSO, making sure allergies went where they would be noticed, and knowing when they were dic ...

Patient Is To Be Aware Of Incontinence As This Could Indicate S/l Acato Quino Syndrome. Thanks!!
Jan 04, 2010

x ...

Finally Got Through Support. Says They're Aware Of The Problem But Doesn't Know How Long
Jun 18, 2012

~ ...

Anyone Answer Ad Posted In March For Company STAT Transcription, Inc--be Aware
Jun 14, 2013

I sent my resume in and just heard back last week asking if I was still interested. She sent a brief little word document with some account specs, cpl and paydates--no contract, HIPAA agreement, etc. I did three voice files the first day. She sent back a copy of my transcription, supposedly with corrections, but there were no QA markings or corrections. I did 15 voice files the next day and again she sent back a copy of my transcription with no obvious corrections. I asked her how I was sup ...

Could Anyone Who Has An HRA (health Reimbursement Arrangement) Type Of Health Care
May 04, 2010

tell me how that works?  I know the insurance premiums are less than a regular health plan.  If your  company puts 500 in your account, does that mean the first few times, for example, until you use up the 500, you don't pay ANYTHING or is it the opposite...you pay the entire office visit cost until you reach that 500?  I would be so grateful for any information about this type of plan.  TIA ...

Internet Connection
May 12, 2010

I was wondering why most companies do not support or want satelite internet???? ...

Satellite Connection
Feb 15, 2011

I am about to be moving out in the boonies and was wondering what companies allow you to work with satellite Like WildBlue, Hughes or dial-up.  ...

Transcription Connection, INC.
Dec 13, 2011

Has anyone ever heard of Transcription Connection, Inc. out of Lynchburg, OH?  I was thinking of sending them a resume.  Any information would be great! THANKS! ...

Transcription Connection
Mar 12, 2012

Any one work for this company? how's the pay? ...

Dictatphone Connection?
Apr 06, 2014

anyone else having connection problems with dictaphone?  My stopped working about 30 min ago, not getting a response from anyone. ...

Getting No Internet Connection?
May 11, 2014

Obviously my internet is working..anyone else? ...

Connection Between Companies/MT Schools?
Feb 07, 2010

Have to admit I'm pretty shocked by several of the posts on this forum, especially concerning how the companies are operating.  New to the MT world here, and guess I'm green.  Hadn't heard much at the school I attended except this forum was "too negative."  I now see there's a legit reason for negative posts about companies if these posters are being honest, and I have no reason to believe they're not. Just wondering how tight a connection the MT schools ...

Fluency Lose Connection With Anybody Else?
Sep 12, 2013

x ...

Losing Internet Connection For A Second
Dec 28, 2013

Has anyone recently started losing their internet connection for a split second while they are working?  This just started last week and only when I am typing in Fluency.  Is this happening to anyone else? ...