A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TO: NUANCE SUITS - See message

Posted: Dec 22, 2013

First off, because I am polite, I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas. Now, I must ask, have you any idea as to the degree of financial devastation and destruction you have caused your MLSs? Are you aware that some have lost their homes and others are in the process of same due to a paycheck that is up to 50% less than what it used to be? Do you know or care that a lot of MLSs cannot afford to buy Christmas presents or even send out Christmas cards? To think that you hold us in such contempt by paying slave wages, insisting we join your pet projects (ENRICH and FIESA) with no pay whatsoever and demanding we work more and more and faster and faster has come to a fever pitch point where angry, depressed and worthless are now the ways a lot of MLSs would describe themselves. Please rethink your greedy, hateful ways and give us back what we deserve and what we are worth. Again, Merry Christmas to you and your families. May all of your Christmas wishes come true.

TO: NUANCE SUITS - 7th child

[ In Reply To ..]
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANTLY SAID.

BLESS YOU!

No doubt ALL MTSOs everywhere will have a wonderful - MTmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Christmas, in their paid-up, unmortgaged homes...and we're paying for it.

I'm sure they're not having RAMEN for their holiday meals, either nm - Sammy

[ In Reply To ..]
JMHO

MT POVERTY - ProMT

[ In Reply To ..]
The head Nuance suit, in particular: As Chief Executive Officer at NUANCE COMMUNICATIONS INC, Paul A. Ricci made $37,077,679 in total compensation. Of this total, $794,423 was received as a salary, $1,200,000 was received as a bonus, $0 was received in stock options, $34,899,375 was awarded as stock, and $183,881 came from other types of compensation. This information is according to proxy statements filed for the 2012 fiscal year.

While all MTs who work for MTSOs have continued to fall into poverty due to severe cuts in wages, etc., it is apparent to me that without our complex skills and experience, the Nuance CEO and other higher-management Nuance suits would not continue to reap the fruits of our slave labor.

Suits of all kinds - Winnower

[ In Reply To ..]
Suits are masters in business. All that is right and wrong has been erased from their hearts as they worship the creature, not the Creator. I refer you to Psalms 64, a perfect portrait of the business masters, as well as all others in charge of this world, painted by the true Master's Hand and one in which the upright in heart should take comfort, though it is terribly frightening in the face of the devastation and destruction you justly describe. As such, I wish them all a Merry Christmas as well while I search through my cubbard for a nutritious holiday meal in a can and wait for work to come.

NTS - Tired2

[ In Reply To ..]
It's all so aggravating. They constantly beg for people to work OT to "keep the customers happy." They even offer to set up the pools for the MTs so they can get their favorite dictators and work types to move the work faster, which in turn leaves the ones that are on their shift the bad dictators left because "somebody has to do them." (Not everyone gets to chose of course). They want dedicated employees. What ever happened to dedicated employers? I do not feel like this is a team. I feel like I am treated as an enemy. Perfection and speed, yet they do not provide the proper tools for this. In my opinion, I feel things are put in place on purpose to make sure I do not achieve goals. Instead, I feel I am met with counter production...more and more emails, learn this, learn that, endless changes, account specifics, jump from one account to another, conference calls, changes to platforms, and on and on. Why is it when physicians make mistakes they never have their wages deducted from? Why is there not improvement with dictators? Why are we having to spend so much time looking up things because they can't pronounce or speak clearly? Why are our wages deducted from for sending work for someone else to listen when the dictators are bad or the sound file? Team work? I think not.

NTS - Tired2 - 7th child

[ In Reply To ..]
Hmmmmm. Sounds like we are on the same account? Do the rules/wants change about every 2 to 3 days? Do they tell you to do it one way then change their mind and then ding you when you make a mistake. Drives me insane!

Ooh, ooh! Pick me! - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have the answer to this question!

Why is it when physicians make mistakes they never have their wages deducted from?

It's because the doctors are the money makers in the hospitals and no one wants to make them mad. They already detest having to take time from their schedule to do the transcription in the first place. So, the carrot is dangled in front of us and the whip used from behind to do what they can't or refuse to do. (That's what I was told anyway)

TO NUANCE SUITS - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
They have had the opportunity to be the leader in the industry and become the company where people are waiting in line to be hired, but they have blown it. If they paid a living wage instead of undercutting Americans, the whole industry would take note and quite possibly realize they are slowing killing this necessary industry.

If You're Not Happy... - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
vote with your feet. In other words, quit. I don't disagree with you & all the rest who continually complain about the decline of this profession, but nobody can take advantage of you without your permission. I was an MT for over 30 years and left the field 10 months ago. I make about $9.50 less per hour than my last hospital MT job, but it's more than I made slaving away for Nuance, and I'm no longer stressed about all the ways Nuance cheated me out of money. Really, people, quit already. Why waste your time and energy griping to the "suits" who really don't give a crap about you?

I wish I knew what else to do. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have no other skills and must work at home. Any suggestions? I do agree with you. If only...

What else - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Because you must work from home, that will limit your options, of course. How about customer service rep of some sort? BeautiControl has work-at-home CSRs and starts at $13/hour (last I was told anyway from a family member who did it). What about a CSR for an insurance company like BCBS? I had no other skills either and am insurance coordinator at a one-doctor office. It's been a difficult job to learn and is extremely frustrating at times just because that's the nature of Medicare and insurance, but it's still better than Nuance. Part of my job involves calling insurance companies to verify benefits, and many of the CSRs I talk to daily work from home. Also, I believe companies like TeleFlora hire at-home operators.
It drives me crazy when MTs say they have "no skills" - Val
[ In Reply To ..]
BS. You have patience, persistence, a flat bottom from sitting, sitting, sitting, attention to detail, computer skills and are literate. You know medical terminology, anatomy, and pharmacy. There is no reason Anon can't look at this site to see what is going on. If the industry ever turns around, and she wants to do it again, her skills will be invaluable.

TO ANONYMOUS - ProMT

[ In Reply To ..]
To Anonymous: Well, great for you. You left the MT field, although we see you still remain posting on MT Stars. Must miss it, huh? As for your comment, no one was really asking your opinion on the matter, but you are free to post your thoughts, just as others are. Please let people do what they need to do in their own situation. If it takes them a while to leave the field, great. If not, let them freely vent their frustration. No one can force you to log on to MT Stars (especially after you have left the field) and criticize people who are concerned about their career.

Calm Down ProMT - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It seems you're one of the MTs who must enjoy the pity party and playing the victim. No, I don't really miss MT, not what it was with Nuance anyway. I do miss the money I made before Nuance, and I miss working from home. However, I actually really like my co-workers and don't mind working outside the home. I just come on here to read how bad Nuance still is and to confirm that I made the right decision in leaving the field and especially in leaving Nuance. Is that okay with you? I'm "letting people do what they need." Just trying to help. Sometimes people need a kick in the pants rather than the "poor me too" responses to make a change.
ALWAYS CALM - ProMT
[ In Reply To ..]
As an MT for over 30 years, I am no longer in the field either, and I, in no way, label myself as a victim. It certainly is appropriate for you to peruse the Nuance comment board on MT Stars as a way to convince yourself of your decision, but you might try softening your tone when trying to help people instead of sounding so abrasive. If people, indeed, need a kick in the pants, they will let you know. Peace!
TO PROMT - anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
So ProMT, IF you're no longer in the field, why are YOU always posting on this site? What's it to you what the Nuance Suits are making? Seems to me you like to fuel the fire, keep the pot stirred, etc., eh? Might want to reread your post. You're just as abrasive as Anon. And you sound like a you're playing the victim card to me too.
To anon2 - Orig Poster
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think ProMt was on here to stir the pot, but rather in a supportive role to perhaps help us understand why our wages are just a sliver above poverty. Please, let's stop turning against each other.

TO: If you're not happy - ladonna

[ In Reply To ..]
Quitting a job and finding another is easier said than done. I have been applying for over a year for a new job and could not get an interview until finally I got one last week at a pathology office. I have no idea how many resumes and applications I sent out with no call whatsoever. So don't be telling people to stop complaining and quit. It isn't that easy!

To ladonna - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
DID I SAY IT WAS EASY TO FIND ANOTHER JOB???? NO, I didn't think so. I applied for at least 50 jobs and went on few interviews before I found another job. I realize it's hard and realize people have to find another job before quitting Nuance. That all goes without saying. I can't tell people what to post and you can?

I have to find a replacement job before I - quit. I think most people do.

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless they'r ready to retire, I guess. I've been applying for secretarial jobs for 6 months. When I get one, I'll quit. Not before.

The point of this post... - Another Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
...was not about finding another job or what skills one may have. It's about the abusive relationship in which we seem to dwell at the hands of greedy autocrats. Like the original poster said yesterday, let's not turn against each other. And, if you have a gripe about finding another job, open another thread.
I didn't turn on anyone. I simply responded - to a post.
[ In Reply To ..]
I also did not gripe. I only made a statement of fact about my own situation. I'm not sure why you're responding to me.

Easier said than done - Pollyanna

[ In Reply To ..]
I've tried for 2 years to leave this industry to no avail. In case you haven't noticed most employers won't hire anyone who's in their 50s or 60s for a new career! You're more than fortunate to have found your way out. Many of us are trapped!

You know, it's not as easy as "just quit already" for some of us...sm - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Some of us have escape plans in process (like myself), but until we have another guaranteed form of financial support coming in, we can't "just quit already." I'm glad it was that easy for you and I'm glad that you're no longer stressed about all the ways Nuance was cheating you out of your money, but those of us who are still slaving away for this nightmare of an employer can really do without your ever so easy "if you're not happy, just quit already" advice.

Why waste our time and energy coming here to gripe? Because there are so many of us who don't have the luxury of "just quitting" that we find at least some empathy and sometimes even a good piece of advice from others in OUR situation. Since you left the field 10 months ago, why do you still come here? Why do you come to this board and post a response that contains so little sympathy or empathy for those of us still struggling to get out of this field and away from Nuance altogether. Seems to me that since you once were in our position, you might be a little bit more empathetic and maybe offer up something more than "if you're not happy, just quit already."

So, why don't you quit "wasting your time and energy" coming here and practically gloating in our face about how you were able to "just quit already" and "how you're no longer stressed" and yada yada yada. Why don't you instead give us all some advice that we might be able to REALLY use to our benefit, especially those who are the sole breadwinners in our families, those of us who are single moms or just plain single and don't have a spouse/significant other chipping in to help with the monthly finances, those of us who are choosing between purchasing our medications every month or eating, and especially those of us who are clearly very close to retirement age and may not have as many employment opportunities as those that are much younger. Use your energy for something positive to help the rest of us so that we too can "no longer be stressed." In other words, be a fellow MT even if you have already left the field, especially if you are going to offer up advice when you no longer even work in this field.

I'm sorry if you might feel my reply is rude, but your response/post was especially rude to me. And by the way, I'm no newbie at this field. I have 17 years of experience and once only worked about 6 hours a day to make what now takes me 10 to 12 hours a day to make. I am the sole income earner in my family, and I still have 2 children at home to finish raising. I'm not on any kind of government assistance, and I'm busting my ass working for Nuance ONLY until my escape plan has reached it's final stage and that will be in about 6 weeks or so. So please don't insult us with a generalized statement like "just quit already" when there are so many other aspects that need to be looked at for each different situation.

Go and enjoy your stress-free life and please stop coming here and being so nasty. It's enough that we have to put up with all the crap Nuance dishes out every single day without having to come here and have an EX-Nuancer throw a blanket statement in our face about "just quitting." I WISH it were that easy!

Great post... - I think you should open a...

[ In Reply To ..]
...new thread so this will be at the very top of the board. It is very well written and cannot be improved upon! I'm right with you and have my escape plan in the works, too. Here's looking at a bright 2014!!

To the OP, Val and Love MT - Anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
OP, if you want the suits at Nuance to see a letter addressed to them, you need to send it to them. Second, almost everyone in my family and extended family have good jobs. Hardly anyone sends Christmas cards anymore because the postage is expensive and also because so much is done through social media and e-mail. No one is going to feel sorry for you because you couldn't afford to send Christmas cards. I don't know who said it, but without proof you know nothing about whose homes are mortgaged. I'm single with no second income. I have been an MT for 35 years. I was laid off from my job a little over a year ago. I got another job. Like another poster, I found a job but took a $3.00 an hour pay cut. I struggle with finances just like everyone else. My life is not stress-free and sometimes I don't think my employer treats me fairly (news flash: not everyone gets a Christmas bonus). What? It's only griping when people agree with you and join your pity party? To me, the post did not sound like gloating; it sounded like, "I can do it, so can you." You can get out; whenever you ask for suggestions about what you can do when you say that "MT is all you know" you blow that off. I went on job interview after job interview before I got another job. It is not easy; no one told you to "just quit," but if you wanted to, but you could do it. When I found myself unhappy in a job, I found another one and moved on, many people do. You are not stuck at Nuance. If you still want to be involved in transcription, other smaller companies are hiring. If you must work at home, there are medical scheduling jobs available. There are insurance related jobs that permit you to work at home. Some companies hire customer service reps who are home based. Look into transcription QA jobs that permit you to work at home and pay hourly, they are out there. There is non-medical transcription and editing work available. Are we supposed to find jobs for you as well? I'm sorry that your job sucks, but only you have the power to change your situation.
PS - Anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
I am a different Anon2 from the one above.
Thank you for your kind words. - Happy New Year!
[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Similar Messages:

For Nuance Suits. May You Have A
Jul 19, 2013

life plagued with famine, locusts and drought for having no concern for the lives and livelihood of those people who work the hardest for your wealth. May you know what it is like to struggle to feed your family and come to an understanding of what it feels like to not know how you will pay your bills or your rent/mortgage. May you know what it is to be ill and forego seeking treatment because of no insurance or enough money to cover the copay. This is my wish for you. ...

A Round Of Applause For The Nuance Suits
Aug 17, 2013

Hundreds of jobs out of TAT this morning across the board.  Betcha the clients are getting a little bit cranky.  While you are holding your employees to unobtainable standards of perfection to perfect your VR so you can get rid of us and send the meager rest to India, you will have run this company into the ground first.  Don't the clients penalize you when reports are late?  Make sure you pass that loss on to us, the MTs.  Don't dare take respon ...

More Suits....
Jun 06, 2012

Do we really need all these upper management people?  We get an introduction email at least once a month......I feel another pay cut coming on or at least changes to DQS that will put more money in their pocket.  What are we getting paid for now that they can somehow manage not to pay us for?   ...

Suits Are Good!
Sep 12, 2010

Suits are just everyday people that have taken their careers toward management, usually just by accident. There are good suits and bad suits. We aren't all the same. Sometimes we suits become non-suits again or move back and forth. This "suit" talk is silly. We're all just people who are doing the best we can. It's even harder these days with a horrible economy, but we all do our best. Management is not the enemy. ...

Hey CBAY Suits
Mar 26, 2011

Why dont ya just open up all the regions into one clump and let us have a giant cesspool?  Then every report that pops up will get assigned out immediately and there will be instant TAT!  If you do it quick enough, you can beat all the other MTSOs to it and be the leader of the pack!  I mean, seriously, jumping from the 15 to 20 now is such a piece of cake, and you really dont want me thinking I have the upper hand here, do you? ...

I Have To Thank All Of You Who Talk About Law Suits
May 14, 2012

You've made this board so completely boring that I no longer feel the need to come here every day.    ...

To The LOST SUITS Or SLAVES
Sep 17, 2010

Regarding the English slang for Management being termed as a "SUIT." On a forum/bbs/chat board it is not uncommon to find shortened variations of words in slang terminology being used.  There seems to be 2 classifications of work force/individuals on this forum and one would NOT need a certification in education to realize them to be Production and Management classifications.   The general consensus of "Production Workers" seems to have been approp ...

Make Me A CEO & I'll Cut All The Unnecessary Suits,
Mar 19, 2012

supervisors, managers, leaders, unnecessary webinars, conferences, etc., and increase the pay of the ones who actually have their hands on the item that produces revenue for the company...  Seems like an awful lot of wasted money in all these corporations IMHO.  ...

Maybe The Suits Should All Kick In Half Their
Mar 08, 2014

They'd still have plenty left over for the lifestyle they've carved out for themselves. I bet Vern and Amy are having a good chuckle right now. ...

SUITS MAKING RULES FOR UNDERLINGS
May 20, 2011

It is obvious that those in charge have NEVER typed a word and have no idea what transcription is all about.  They need to go on Undercover Boss and spend one day at the computer and listen to what we listen to and then tell me we need to be 99% accurate.  What a joke! ...

MQ Suits Are Too Rich. They Have Multiple Houses
Oct 30, 2011

I am scoping out a big box for my next move to under the overpass down the street. ...

Do You Think MQ Suits Are Aware Of The Tammy Post And
Nov 03, 2011

x ...

Do You Think M Modal Suits Read This Site?
Apr 26, 2012

Class Action Suits. All The Comments Below That Nothing
Apr 05, 2014

can be done. That is SO NOT true, and I hate to state the obvious, the elephant in OUR room here, that its likely management trolls.  The law firm listed below is fantastic.  And class actions work where 1 or 2 Plaintiffs step up and its converted to a class action for all employees. That's where ya sit back, don't have to do squat, the pros go over payroll and you get compensated if wages are calculated to be do you. Its simple, NOT some big drama fest.  This IS America ...

Hey Suits And Others Reading This...Do The Hospitals Know Their Work Is Being Sent Offshore?
Jun 03, 2013

Are we taking for granted the "clients" hospitals know where the work goes, but DO THEY really? Wonder. Even if they DO know, bet most patients/people don't.  Wish there was a way to spread the word around.  Bet most people would be outraged.  It also seems like not such a good idea for national security, or just for privacy sake, to send medical records, information, all over they world (yeah, yeah, I know, not ALL over the word...not yet).  GREED is such an awful thing ...

How Long You Think It Took For Zylo Suits To Send Email Telling
Jan 13, 2012

x ...

The Suits Are Probably Saying "Why So Serious?"
Mar 23, 2010

They're so detached from reality, like Heath Ledger as the Joker in Batman.  There they sit all in their purple suits and crazy ideas.  They're probably thinking "Well, what else do they expect? They have fulfilling jobs.  We just gave them a great raise.  We make it fun to work for us with games and essays. Those stupid MTs just don't appreciate anything." ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Nuance OSI
Apr 14, 2011

Any thoughts on this merger???? ...

Web/Nuance Ad
Sep 15, 2011

Does anyone know why the ad says "No inquiries from overseas" when they obviously offshore the work?  Anyone reading that would incorrectly assume they do not offshore.  I was reading an article in the newspaper that a journalist was talking about a few days ago regarding the hospital outsourcing to the Web/Nuance, and the spokesperson for the hospital said in the article that the company only employs US MTs.  ...

Nuance -?
Oct 08, 2011

xx ...

Nuance PTO ?
Oct 23, 2011

The ad Nuance has up says increased PTO.  Anyone willing to tell me what it is now. Also information on their bonus program would be helpful.  Thank you. ...

WMX/NUANCE Here It Is......
Nov 04, 2011

....First send us an email with fabulous Nuance ins (bad news) because they had to announce that due to open season. However at the same time telling us that the new pay structure (probably more bad news) will be announced at a later date but will be effective Jan 1 2012. Good way to keep us hanging on while they are so behind with their horrid platform. Guess what Nuance/Nuisance, it will not work as your reputation has gone from bad to worse and we are now realizing that the We ...

NUANCE/WMX
Nov 18, 2011

What do Nuance MT's get for editing and transcribing per line.   Thanks ...

WMX/Nuance Changes
Dec 06, 2011

If Webmedx does away with or changes their recently advertised "PRODUCTION BASED INCENTIVE" bonus and adopts the Nuance quality based bonus then this change may be considered by quite a few WMX employees as yet another cut in pay. I’m sure that there are quite a few MT’s currently at WMX that have a high QA average and are earning $300-$400 (some even more) in production incentive pay each pay period, which equates to $600-$800 per month. As an example, acco ...

QA Nuance
Dec 28, 2011

Did anyone hear anything about changes for QA.  I heard there was a webinar today? ...

Nuance W2s?
Jan 20, 2012

Has Nuance/Alphastaff released W2s yet?  Quit mid-December, have no idea.  Thanks! ...