A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

A round of applause for the Nuance suits - sickofitmt

Posted: Aug 17, 2013

Hundreds of jobs out of TAT this morning across the board.  Betcha the clients are getting a little bit cranky.  While you are holding your employees to unobtainable standards of perfection to perfect your VR so you can get rid of us and send the meager rest to India, you will have run this company into the ground first.  Don't the clients penalize you when reports are late?  Make sure you pass that loss on to us, the MTs.  Don't dare take responsibility for your ineptness.  How's that greed thing working out for you now that you can't retain employees with your horrid pay and ridiculous QA standards? And for HR and other suits that troll this board, betcha even you don't have the nerve to hit dislike about this sad truth, cause you'll be out of a job too.   

applause - sickofit2

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't have said it better. Unobtainable is a perfect description of what we are held to. Verbatim, that is a JOKE.

I will personally love it when some of these smug %#@! don't have a job because they are making a boatload of money off of me.

The OTAT issue is the worst - I have seen it

[ In Reply To ..]
in years. However, in days past we used to get incentives for working every single day of the week and many hours, we used to get genuine pleas for help and offers to make it worth our while either with $ incentives based on lines typed or gift certificates, something.

Now it seems they are resorting to vague threats in a "the clients are not happy" vein. No way I could keep the client happy on my own even if I did type 10 hours a day 7 days a week, and I would still only probably make what I used to make for 40 hours WITHOUT harsh penalties and WITHOUT being so afraid to make one mistake that my lph has gone down a good 20%. And I still make the mistakes and get marked off.

I wonder if they are trying to lose accounts so they can justify sending the work to India somehow? But if the clients are not happy with us, do they really think the work going to India will meet with their specifications? TAT maybe, but quality?

I personally think a lot of people have quit already since my primary account seems to be always out of TAT and has never been before, or maybe some people got moved to other accounts?

Such business wizards surely have to understand that we need rewards for extra work too? I just don't get why they think cutting our pay initially and now when they need help not offering anything but vague threats will cut it. Are we slaves already?

You know what they say: "Those that can, DO. - Those that cant, MANAGE!" ;)

[ In Reply To ..]

Hmmphhh...., not sure if you'd call what they actually do "managing"....sm - gotta be anon this time

[ In Reply To ..]
Barking out orders and/or emailing messages of "begging for help" is definitely not a way to "manage" anything, except maybe "managing" to drive us all insane and into the arms of a different job!! Funny how when one of us emails asking for help or a resolution to a problem that pertains to WORK, most of us are either ignored or sent some kind of dry, canned email response, but God forbid we don't immediately drop everything we are doing and sit down and accommodate them ASAP when we receive emails with messages stating how "unhappy the client is" or "please help out whether you're scheduled or not in order to help US get this backlog under control."

OR even better, getting an email begging for you to start earlier than your normal shift because there are several jobs that are "fixing to go OTAT" and there's NO ONE ELSE scheduled to do them (especially when said email comes FIVE hours before your shift is scheduled to start and you are sleeping after working until 2 a.m. the night prior) I mean, REALLY???!!!

I'm also just disgusted and sick of the little cheerleading messages that accompany backlog status updates too... Just send the damn backlog out showing what accounts need attention and exactly how low MOST of the accounts are on work and keep the rest of the UNNECESSARY information OUT of the damn message. It's ridiculous how many emails we get already in 1 day as it is without having to read through a paragraph or more of "cheerful" unnecessary crap.

All of that "cheerfulness" just oozing in some of these email messages is like a slap in the face to me when I am the one having to sit down and fight for what little work there is in any of the MULTIPLE accounts that I work AND it's particularly disturbing that the messages begging for help contain absolutely NONE of that "happy thoughts" crap because they are so desperate for help. I especially despise the "begging for help" emails on a day when I am supposed to be on my day OFF from work!!

I don't. That's how we all know they aren't - "doers", just STUPIDVISORS.
[ In Reply To ..]

I almost feel like trying to - make a deal

[ In Reply To ..]
Okay, you want me to work overtime and get a lot of work done? Call off the QA/QC dogs for a day or two while I am helping you get back into TAT and we have a deal.

There is no more sickening feeling than realizing the 3 hours of "overtime" you have done which have netted you maybe $15 (OT is calculated based on hourly rate plus half, so basically you don't get the hourly rate, you just get the half and my hourly rate keeps shrinking and shrinking - granted you get the increased line count, but that is not impressive either) has resulted in some QA/QC triumphantly finding a wrong word and costing you whatever bonus you would have made anyway. I can't be bothered to figure it all out, just know it is hard to keep getting played and played and played.

I never work outside my shift. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't give a rat's behind for the place. I only work my shift, and my 2 days off are MY days off. I don't care if thest accounts are 1 month behind.

Until this companies pay a FAIR wage, I do the minimum.

Still got that 1 dislike from?? Probably LE! Bahaha. - no message

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Ya, she probably trolls whilst trimming and - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
clipping her hairy troll toes.

You have seen the light - feenixrising

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you seen the petition?

Similar Messages:

For Nuance Suits. May You Have A
Jul 19, 2013

life plagued with famine, locusts and drought for having no concern for the lives and livelihood of those people who work the hardest for your wealth. May you know what it is like to struggle to feed your family and come to an understanding of what it feels like to not know how you will pay your bills or your rent/mortgage. May you know what it is to be ill and forego seeking treatment because of no insurance or enough money to cover the copay. This is my wish for you. ...

TO: NUANCE SUITS
Dec 22, 2013

First off, because I am polite, I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas. Now, I must ask, have you any idea as to the degree of financial devastation and destruction you have caused your MLSs? Are you aware that some have lost their homes and others are in the process of same due to a paycheck that is up to 50% less than what it used to be? Do you know or care that a lot of MLSs cannot afford to buy Christmas presents or even send out Christmas cards? To think that you hold us in such contemp ...

Round And Round The Mulberry Buomplain I Go.
Apr 27, 2014

Less than a year ago, the account I worked on was completely off-shored (within about 6-9 months of Nuance purchasing Transcend).  I was put on a new account that supposedly had lots of work and it at least had a reasonable amount for a while.  I actually liked that account (or rather set of 2 accounts) which would explain why that account went to EPIC.  Today is my first day on a new set of accounts, new region, etc.  We were told that our account assignments were based on o ...

Round Plessage?
Sep 23, 2011

The patient has a Hills-Sachs lesion.  It sounds like they want to do a s/l round plessage??  for treatment.  I cannot find this anywhere and may just don't hear it right.  Thanks. ...

I Wish I Could Buy A Round Of Cosmos For All Of You
May 20, 2014

Without this board I would feel even more isolated than I already do, so I would like to say thank you to all of you for the support and the laughs. It makes work life a little easier for sure. Cheers to all of us enduring life as an MT in 2014, the crazy dictators, sketchy platform, demanding supervisors, etc etc....with dignity and pride for the important work that we do. Clink....and drink! :-)  ...

Round Table Meeting
Jan 18, 2013

Today our inhouse hourly waged MTs group figured out a way to keep our work in our clinic and not being outsourced.  We are going to make our present wage AND get back some of the doctors that went to outside line count charge.  We put our heads together and figured it out and our director (not an MT in any way, shape, or form) is all for our plans.  Now that is what I call a first step to keeping our jobs in house!  We were scared to present this but it would have been worse ...

Audits At 99%. Has It Changed? Was It Round
Mar 20, 2013

just wondering.  Was it at a lower rate before.  and now its higher.  What is going on?  anyone know. was it always 99% and now its 99.5,  i thought a few years back it was like 95% ...

Jumping Off The MTSO Merry Go Round (sm)
May 11, 2010

A couple of months back I posted my opinion about how things started going south for MTs when we no longer worked directly for the hospitals.  I decided to put my paycheck where my mouth is and started looking.  Lo and behold, practically in my own backyard I found a large hospital group who had been outsourcing everything, but then took it back in house because of poor quality and TAT.  My new job starts in a few weeks.  Great benefits, more leave time than I curre ...

Round Rock/Pflugerville Area MTs
Jun 15, 2011

I'm looking for MTs in the Round Rock/Pflugerville/North Austin area to network with.  I've been in the business for 10+ years and just don't really know any MTs in my immediate area.  I'd love to hear from you! ...

You Know Those Little Black Sponge Pads That Go Over The Round Type Headsets??.....
Sep 13, 2011

Does anyone know where to get GOOD quality ones?  I've been suckered TWICE by buying them online---they are these little thin things that break every single time before I can get them over the ear piece.   The only ones I've found so far that are good are the ones that come with the headset, but I don't want to buy a new headset every time I just need new pads.  I'd be so appreciative for advice on where to get good quality ones.  TIA!!!  ...

More Suits....
Jun 06, 2012

Do we really need all these upper management people?  We get an introduction email at least once a month......I feel another pay cut coming on or at least changes to DQS that will put more money in their pocket.  What are we getting paid for now that they can somehow manage not to pay us for?   ...

Suits Are Good!
Sep 12, 2010

Suits are just everyday people that have taken their careers toward management, usually just by accident. There are good suits and bad suits. We aren't all the same. Sometimes we suits become non-suits again or move back and forth. This "suit" talk is silly. We're all just people who are doing the best we can. It's even harder these days with a horrible economy, but we all do our best. Management is not the enemy. ...

Hey CBAY Suits
Mar 26, 2011

Why dont ya just open up all the regions into one clump and let us have a giant cesspool?  Then every report that pops up will get assigned out immediately and there will be instant TAT!  If you do it quick enough, you can beat all the other MTSOs to it and be the leader of the pack!  I mean, seriously, jumping from the 15 to 20 now is such a piece of cake, and you really dont want me thinking I have the upper hand here, do you? ...

I Have To Thank All Of You Who Talk About Law Suits
May 14, 2012

You've made this board so completely boring that I no longer feel the need to come here every day.    ...

To The LOST SUITS Or SLAVES
Sep 17, 2010

Regarding the English slang for Management being termed as a "SUIT." On a forum/bbs/chat board it is not uncommon to find shortened variations of words in slang terminology being used.  There seems to be 2 classifications of work force/individuals on this forum and one would NOT need a certification in education to realize them to be Production and Management classifications.   The general consensus of "Production Workers" seems to have been approp ...

Make Me A CEO & I'll Cut All The Unnecessary Suits,
Mar 19, 2012

supervisors, managers, leaders, unnecessary webinars, conferences, etc., and increase the pay of the ones who actually have their hands on the item that produces revenue for the company...  Seems like an awful lot of wasted money in all these corporations IMHO.  ...

Maybe The Suits Should All Kick In Half Their
Mar 08, 2014

They'd still have plenty left over for the lifestyle they've carved out for themselves. I bet Vern and Amy are having a good chuckle right now. ...

SUITS MAKING RULES FOR UNDERLINGS
May 20, 2011

It is obvious that those in charge have NEVER typed a word and have no idea what transcription is all about.  They need to go on Undercover Boss and spend one day at the computer and listen to what we listen to and then tell me we need to be 99% accurate.  What a joke! ...

MQ Suits Are Too Rich. They Have Multiple Houses
Oct 30, 2011

I am scoping out a big box for my next move to under the overpass down the street. ...

Do You Think MQ Suits Are Aware Of The Tammy Post And
Nov 03, 2011

x ...

Do You Think M Modal Suits Read This Site?
Apr 26, 2012

Class Action Suits. All The Comments Below That Nothing
Apr 05, 2014

can be done. That is SO NOT true, and I hate to state the obvious, the elephant in OUR room here, that its likely management trolls.  The law firm listed below is fantastic.  And class actions work where 1 or 2 Plaintiffs step up and its converted to a class action for all employees. That's where ya sit back, don't have to do squat, the pros go over payroll and you get compensated if wages are calculated to be do you. Its simple, NOT some big drama fest.  This IS America ...

Hey Suits And Others Reading This...Do The Hospitals Know Their Work Is Being Sent Offshore?
Jun 03, 2013

Are we taking for granted the "clients" hospitals know where the work goes, but DO THEY really? Wonder. Even if they DO know, bet most patients/people don't.  Wish there was a way to spread the word around.  Bet most people would be outraged.  It also seems like not such a good idea for national security, or just for privacy sake, to send medical records, information, all over they world (yeah, yeah, I know, not ALL over the word...not yet).  GREED is such an awful thing ...

How Long You Think It Took For Zylo Suits To Send Email Telling
Jan 13, 2012

x ...

The Suits Are Probably Saying "Why So Serious?"
Mar 23, 2010

They're so detached from reality, like Heath Ledger as the Joker in Batman.  There they sit all in their purple suits and crazy ideas.  They're probably thinking "Well, what else do they expect? They have fulfilling jobs.  We just gave them a great raise.  We make it fun to work for us with games and essays. Those stupid MTs just don't appreciate anything." ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Nuance OSI
Apr 14, 2011

Any thoughts on this merger???? ...