A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Maybe the suits should all kick in half their - salaries to pay the bills.

Posted: Mar 08, 2014

They'd still have plenty left over for the lifestyle they've carved out for themselves. I bet Vern and Amy are having a good chuckle right now.

I think it's clear that the recent layoffs and firings are - nothing more than cost reductions

[ In Reply To ..]
Imagine, cutting the hand that feeds them first. No wonder they're in trouble.

More like they did not have enough work for you. - Informaticist

[ In Reply To ..]
As the article said, they were losing business to front-end SR and EHRs, which eliminate the need for MTs.

They had to eliminate the excess because there was no work. And, whenever possible make it your fault so it would not cost them more in unemployment insurance.

No mystery that they were firing the people paid at higher line rates, either.

Similar Messages:

How To You Transcribe This: Half 1% Lidocaine And Half Percent Marcaine.
Apr 22, 2010

x ...

Time And A Half Or Line And A Half Tomorrow
Jul 03, 2013

x ...

I Get Kind Of A Kick Out Of Reading This Board
Jan 07, 2014

because I keep thinking with as many unhappy, demoralized, uncaring, (I know they are all synonyms but they just fit so well!) MTs who don't give a crap about the work, the company or the quality that we are putting out and just trying to make a buck working out butts off, it can't be too long before these two monster companies go out of business and they have to bring our jobs back and that of course is what is going to really be SWEET!  They aren't going to be able to offsh ...

How Would You Type "half And Half 1% Lidocaine"
Oct 15, 2013

Rad/onc Word Sounds Like "couch Kick".
Apr 09, 2012

"The spine was treated with AP, PA fields using a couch-kick to stay off her mouth." Is this correct?  Can't find it anywhere.  ...

More Suits....
Jun 06, 2012

Do we really need all these upper management people?  We get an introduction email at least once a month......I feel another pay cut coming on or at least changes to DQS that will put more money in their pocket.  What are we getting paid for now that they can somehow manage not to pay us for?   ...

Suits Are Good!
Sep 12, 2010

Suits are just everyday people that have taken their careers toward management, usually just by accident. There are good suits and bad suits. We aren't all the same. Sometimes we suits become non-suits again or move back and forth. This "suit" talk is silly. We're all just people who are doing the best we can. It's even harder these days with a horrible economy, but we all do our best. Management is not the enemy. ...

Hey CBAY Suits
Mar 26, 2011

Why dont ya just open up all the regions into one clump and let us have a giant cesspool?  Then every report that pops up will get assigned out immediately and there will be instant TAT!  If you do it quick enough, you can beat all the other MTSOs to it and be the leader of the pack!  I mean, seriously, jumping from the 15 to 20 now is such a piece of cake, and you really dont want me thinking I have the upper hand here, do you? ...

I Have To Thank All Of You Who Talk About Law Suits
May 14, 2012

You've made this board so completely boring that I no longer feel the need to come here every day.    ...

For Nuance Suits. May You Have A
Jul 19, 2013

life plagued with famine, locusts and drought for having no concern for the lives and livelihood of those people who work the hardest for your wealth. May you know what it is like to struggle to feed your family and come to an understanding of what it feels like to not know how you will pay your bills or your rent/mortgage. May you know what it is to be ill and forego seeking treatment because of no insurance or enough money to cover the copay. This is my wish for you. ...

TO: NUANCE SUITS
Dec 22, 2013

First off, because I am polite, I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas. Now, I must ask, have you any idea as to the degree of financial devastation and destruction you have caused your MLSs? Are you aware that some have lost their homes and others are in the process of same due to a paycheck that is up to 50% less than what it used to be? Do you know or care that a lot of MLSs cannot afford to buy Christmas presents or even send out Christmas cards? To think that you hold us in such contemp ...

To The LOST SUITS Or SLAVES
Sep 17, 2010

Regarding the English slang for Management being termed as a "SUIT." On a forum/bbs/chat board it is not uncommon to find shortened variations of words in slang terminology being used.  There seems to be 2 classifications of work force/individuals on this forum and one would NOT need a certification in education to realize them to be Production and Management classifications.   The general consensus of "Production Workers" seems to have been approp ...

Make Me A CEO & I'll Cut All The Unnecessary Suits,
Mar 19, 2012

supervisors, managers, leaders, unnecessary webinars, conferences, etc., and increase the pay of the ones who actually have their hands on the item that produces revenue for the company...  Seems like an awful lot of wasted money in all these corporations IMHO.  ...

SUITS MAKING RULES FOR UNDERLINGS
May 20, 2011

It is obvious that those in charge have NEVER typed a word and have no idea what transcription is all about.  They need to go on Undercover Boss and spend one day at the computer and listen to what we listen to and then tell me we need to be 99% accurate.  What a joke! ...

MQ Suits Are Too Rich. They Have Multiple Houses
Oct 30, 2011

I am scoping out a big box for my next move to under the overpass down the street. ...

Do You Think MQ Suits Are Aware Of The Tammy Post And
Nov 03, 2011

x ...

Do You Think M Modal Suits Read This Site?
Apr 26, 2012

A Round Of Applause For The Nuance Suits
Aug 17, 2013

Hundreds of jobs out of TAT this morning across the board.  Betcha the clients are getting a little bit cranky.  While you are holding your employees to unobtainable standards of perfection to perfect your VR so you can get rid of us and send the meager rest to India, you will have run this company into the ground first.  Don't the clients penalize you when reports are late?  Make sure you pass that loss on to us, the MTs.  Don't dare take respon ...

Class Action Suits. All The Comments Below That Nothing
Apr 05, 2014

can be done. That is SO NOT true, and I hate to state the obvious, the elephant in OUR room here, that its likely management trolls.  The law firm listed below is fantastic.  And class actions work where 1 or 2 Plaintiffs step up and its converted to a class action for all employees. That's where ya sit back, don't have to do squat, the pros go over payroll and you get compensated if wages are calculated to be do you. Its simple, NOT some big drama fest.  This IS America ...

Hey Suits And Others Reading This...Do The Hospitals Know Their Work Is Being Sent Offshore?
Jun 03, 2013

Are we taking for granted the "clients" hospitals know where the work goes, but DO THEY really? Wonder. Even if they DO know, bet most patients/people don't.  Wish there was a way to spread the word around.  Bet most people would be outraged.  It also seems like not such a good idea for national security, or just for privacy sake, to send medical records, information, all over they world (yeah, yeah, I know, not ALL over the word...not yet).  GREED is such an awful thing ...

How Long You Think It Took For Zylo Suits To Send Email Telling
Jan 13, 2012

x ...

0.5 Of 1% (or) One-half Of 1%.
Jun 10, 2011

Which is correct?   Thank you! ...

Pay Cut In Half?
Aug 26, 2013

With Fluency my pay will be cut in half - 4 cents now instead of 8 cents.......am scared to death. ...

1/2 Pin Or Half Pin??
Feb 20, 2015

A 2.7 mm ___ pin was placed in bicortical fashion. ...

Been Here Half A Year
Aug 18, 2011

Ive never not given a notice, but I interviewed today and might get the job. You all know the deal, I just can't afford to work here and they want to fill the position Im trying for immediately.  Do you think after only 6 months, I have to give them a notice?  If so, how much of one?  It feels so wrong to just up and quit, but I can't pay my bills!  Another 2 weeks, or even one just puts me further in the whole.  I made more on unemployment! ...

1 Little Job In Half An Hour
Jan 24, 2013

13 jobs in 2 days. Love it!  Make sure to put it in Remedy though so they can keep track and work later hours when jobs are there. Sorry, that's not an option for me.  ...

Anyone Want My Rad Work...i'll Pay U Half
Jan 28, 2013

Im loaded with work, over 400 jobs on the system and i just dont feel like doing it.  How's that....sell off my work hahaha, act like MModal and let someone else do it for "half".      ...

And I Get Paid Half For This?
Sep 11, 2013

Dictated: and if he does okay, will send him home. ASR: he had a dislocation of the long pants array. So close ASR, so close!! American doctor, no accent, clear as day. But thanks for trying If it was an occasional thing, I could understand but seems to be getting worse rather then better. ...

If Your Glass Is Half Empty
Jul 20, 2010

If your glass is half empty, read on...  It’s those rose colored glasses I wear, I guess.  Just trying to reach out and have an open dialogue about the future of our jobs and the way we’ve been treated.  If  my posts irritate you, move on, but why attack?  Couldn’t you use those language skills you have for something other than pooping in your own nest?  Animals don’t even do that.  I thought we were all in this together. &n ...

Angina Class III To III And A Half??
Aug 20, 2010

Has anyone come across this...dictator says...angina class III to III and a half.  Would that be the proper way of putting in report??? ...