A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Class action suits. All the comments below that nothing - mtnsp

Posted: Apr 05, 2014

can be done. That is SO NOT true, and I hate to state the obvious, the elephant in OUR room here, that its likely management trolls.  The law firm listed below is fantastic.  And class actions work where 1 or 2 Plaintiffs step up and its converted to a class action for all employees. That's where ya sit back, don't have to do squat, the pros go over payroll and you get compensated if wages are calculated to be do you. Its simple, NOT some big drama fest.  This IS America, and we have individual state labor boards who protect our rights, as well as Federal.  Its up to US to simply tell them.  They're not mind readers.  And the AHDI thing was a fluke.  Many class actions paid us MONEY, back wages, in the past.  I'd just find a nice check in my mailbox and literally THANK the MT who had the balls to stand up and do something.  One person, 2 people who stand up, that's all it takes and ALL benefit. 

and we don't have to talk privately to each other. Pick a law firm, and we call in - mtnsp

[ In Reply To ..]
and explain our situation. However, they are already more than familiar with the tricks and violations, having handled successful MTSO suits already. If you talk to a lawyer, this one or any lawyer, it is privileged confidential information. NOBODY knows anything. Its not on us to rally here and get evidence. If there is a problem, we report it, discuss it, and if the legal eagles believe it valid, they proceed accordingly. That is their expertise. We do our jobs as usual, and they do their jobs. THAT is how the lawyers earn their fees. That is their end of this. Its not all that complicated.

I emailed you mtnsp - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I started the mess below, probably after you started some things. You have more info then I ever did..Would love to work with you

what law firm? - obtuse mt

[ In Reply To ..]
x

someone posted all contact info below. I believe Koller and Koller in St. Louis, MO - mtnsp

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe their last MTSO case was Transcend. There are actually several cases listed below. I guess buried by now Maybe the original poster will be generous and share again.

Again, this firm and others are already well aware of all the - mtnsp

[ In Reply To ..]
"shenanigans" of the industry. They know all about NJA and being here and not getting paid, having to flex, having to be penalized to pay for QA blanks, having to make up our time on our days' off, time clock experts, platform, the 99.7%, ILPs to different standards, etc. Its not that we have to make our case. The case is already known, since its been done before and is still going on. Obviously, it helps us to have more than 1 or 2 people willing to share their story with them, strength in numbers where maybe they will take on our case, but you don't have to share it here with each other. Nobody has to sit and compile a master list. They know what's going on, which is so refreshing. They just need to hear from us.
Do you have to be a current employee to call? - Are they looking for
[ In Reply To ..]
a small group like the Transcend group? What if you quit because you feel like you were forced out?

Class action suite - mtinmi

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't work for either of the 2 companies, but I have a question. VR was marketed that the physicians have to be trained for it to work. It is my experience that this step was skipped but VR was still forced down our throats with a cut in pay and we are still required to produce a report to the client's specific requirements regardless. Would there be any recourse for us since the facilities did not do their part? Just a thought because I am sick and tired of "fixing" these outlandish reports. Could you please ask the lawyer you talk to if this is something that might be worth pursuing. Thanks...

suit - exmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Well the only class action I got involved in MY miney went to AHDI.

Similar Messages:

Where Is The Class Action Lawyer?
Mar 03, 2010

There ought to be class action lawyers lined around the block to represent us!!! ...

Class Action Lawsuit?
Apr 08, 2013

Wondering how/if all of us who work for MModal can start a class action lawsuit against them?  What for you ask?  Oh gee......lying to us, taking our work away from us, saying they'll pay a certain amount but really do not, bad TSMs.....etc, etc.  What all those are called in legal terms, I have no idea.  I am 60 years old and not close to retirement age yet.....Michigan does not allow part time UE, so what the heck am I going to do for a living for the next 2 years?&nbs ...

How Do You Get A Class Action Suit
May 20, 2013

Sorry - awhile back thought I was going to lose my job.  I am so fed up with they keep lying to us about our pay, etc, - well I am cornerstone - saw someome on here the other day -usually do not see Cornerstone- anyway - I just emailed Shaw or whatever his name is - Amay's second hand guy - kind of scared but at the same time feel empowered ...

Transcend Class Action Lawsuit
Jan 29, 2014

Does anyone have any idea how the above lawsuit is progressing.  I received an e-mail a few months ago, informing us Transcend had not compiled all the necessary discovery and they had a second hearing late last year.  Maybe one of the original 13 or so plaintiffs has some information ? Thanking you in advance.   ...

Class Action Lawsuit MModal
May 10, 2014

Anyone know about any class action lawsuit by employees in terms of MModal? ...

Transcend And Class Action Lawsuit
Aug 01, 2014

Does anyone have any information regarding the above-mentioned lawsuit, plaintiffs v. Transcend? ...

* Class Action Suit Against IMEDX
Apr 01, 2015

..has been discussed. I highly, highly suggest IMEDX does the right thing, or some money grubbin attorney will be glad to take on not on IMEDX's obvious and blatant playing with lives, but also the whole industry. Imedx is ripe for lawsuits, and they have deep pockets. Suits, wake up, we have nothing to lose now but a consult with an attorney. You clearly have and are going to continue to violate laws, now do the right thing. Also, you don't want to the Labor Board, etc involved from 5 ...

Can We File A Class Action Disability Claim
Mar 03, 2010

I am feeling a little shell-shocked.   ...

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Transcend
May 12, 2012

Anyone who works for Transcend now or in the last three years needs to check this out. This is the real deal.  For all of us who haven't made minimum wage or were refused overtime pay, you may be able to get in on this. ...

Aetna Insurance Class Action Lawsuit ???
Dec 20, 2013

Yesterday I received papers regarding a lawsuit against Aetna.  Has anyone else received such papers?  Thanks ...

Has Anyone Heard The Status On The Class Action Lawsuit Against Transcend?
Jan 04, 2013

I haven't been to the boards for quite a while, but I was just googling to find out a current phone number for Transcend to put on a resume, and I saw about the lawsuit. What's going on with this?  Does anyone know? ...

Class Action Lawsuit/Toth Transcription/AP Medical/AP MedWorkshops
Feb 18, 2011

Anybody who in interested in filing a class action lawsuit against Toth Transcription/AP Medical/AP MedWorkshops please contact. I have spoken with several different agencies as I am sure most of you have and this seems to be the best route to take.  Frankly, I do not care if I personally ever see a dime out of this man, I just want to see him have to pay for his fraudulent business practices. ...

CLASS ACTION SUIT FILED AGAINST TRANSCEND!!! BREAKING NEWS!!!
May 11, 2012

Well, it's done folks!  A couple of VERY brave ladies have filed a class action suit for make up to minimum and OT issues against Transcend.  If anyone is interested in getting their own going against some other MTSO's, well, it's time to be heard.  We're not going to take it anymore!  If you would like info on the attorneys who filed this suit, please feel free to email me.  A very proud day indeed! ...

BREAKING NEWS!!! CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST TRANSCEND!!!
May 11, 2012

Well, it's done folks!  A couple of VERY brave ladies have filed a class action suit for make up to minimum and OT issues against Transcend.  If anyone is interested in getting their own going against some other MTSO's, well, it's time to be heard.  We're not going to take it anymore!  If you would like info on the attorneys who filed this suit, please feel free to email me.  A very proud day indeed! ...

Class Action Lawsuits Against VR Cancers Would Start To Turn The Tide....
Jul 04, 2012

Many continue spinning their wheels in misdirected anger at the MTSOs who are the secondary byproducts/bottom feeders of the much larger metastatic VR software giants currently monopolizing this industry. Start hacking at the heads of the snakes & the tide will start to turn for MTs.  This below was posted on another thread and the first suggestion is spot on.    4cpl - Roda Posted: Jul 3rd, 2012 - 1:00 pm In Reply to: The abuse won't stop - Until we ...

Excellent Blog Post On MT Wages (and Transcend Class-action Suit)
May 21, 2012

http://mtanywhere.blogspot.com/2012/05/transcriptionists-file-class-action.html   ...

Capitalization - Los Angeles Class/Class A esophagitis
Dec 17, 2012

Los Angeles class/Class A esophagitis. Is "class" capped or no?   Thank you. ...

Class 2 Or Class II Tuberculosis (nm)
Dec 30, 2010

x ...

More Suits....
Jun 06, 2012

Do we really need all these upper management people?  We get an introduction email at least once a month......I feel another pay cut coming on or at least changes to DQS that will put more money in their pocket.  What are we getting paid for now that they can somehow manage not to pay us for?   ...

Suits Are Good!
Sep 12, 2010

Suits are just everyday people that have taken their careers toward management, usually just by accident. There are good suits and bad suits. We aren't all the same. Sometimes we suits become non-suits again or move back and forth. This "suit" talk is silly. We're all just people who are doing the best we can. It's even harder these days with a horrible economy, but we all do our best. Management is not the enemy. ...

Hey CBAY Suits
Mar 26, 2011

Why dont ya just open up all the regions into one clump and let us have a giant cesspool?  Then every report that pops up will get assigned out immediately and there will be instant TAT!  If you do it quick enough, you can beat all the other MTSOs to it and be the leader of the pack!  I mean, seriously, jumping from the 15 to 20 now is such a piece of cake, and you really dont want me thinking I have the upper hand here, do you? ...

I Have To Thank All Of You Who Talk About Law Suits
May 14, 2012

You've made this board so completely boring that I no longer feel the need to come here every day.    ...

For Nuance Suits. May You Have A
Jul 19, 2013

life plagued with famine, locusts and drought for having no concern for the lives and livelihood of those people who work the hardest for your wealth. May you know what it is like to struggle to feed your family and come to an understanding of what it feels like to not know how you will pay your bills or your rent/mortgage. May you know what it is to be ill and forego seeking treatment because of no insurance or enough money to cover the copay. This is my wish for you. ...

TO: NUANCE SUITS
Dec 22, 2013

First off, because I am polite, I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas. Now, I must ask, have you any idea as to the degree of financial devastation and destruction you have caused your MLSs? Are you aware that some have lost their homes and others are in the process of same due to a paycheck that is up to 50% less than what it used to be? Do you know or care that a lot of MLSs cannot afford to buy Christmas presents or even send out Christmas cards? To think that you hold us in such contemp ...

To The LOST SUITS Or SLAVES
Sep 17, 2010

Regarding the English slang for Management being termed as a "SUIT." On a forum/bbs/chat board it is not uncommon to find shortened variations of words in slang terminology being used.  There seems to be 2 classifications of work force/individuals on this forum and one would NOT need a certification in education to realize them to be Production and Management classifications.   The general consensus of "Production Workers" seems to have been approp ...

Make Me A CEO & I'll Cut All The Unnecessary Suits,
Mar 19, 2012

supervisors, managers, leaders, unnecessary webinars, conferences, etc., and increase the pay of the ones who actually have their hands on the item that produces revenue for the company...  Seems like an awful lot of wasted money in all these corporations IMHO.  ...

Maybe The Suits Should All Kick In Half Their
Mar 08, 2014

They'd still have plenty left over for the lifestyle they've carved out for themselves. I bet Vern and Amy are having a good chuckle right now. ...

SUITS MAKING RULES FOR UNDERLINGS
May 20, 2011

It is obvious that those in charge have NEVER typed a word and have no idea what transcription is all about.  They need to go on Undercover Boss and spend one day at the computer and listen to what we listen to and then tell me we need to be 99% accurate.  What a joke! ...

MQ Suits Are Too Rich. They Have Multiple Houses
Oct 30, 2011

I am scoping out a big box for my next move to under the overpass down the street. ...

Do You Think MQ Suits Are Aware Of The Tammy Post And
Nov 03, 2011

x ...