A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

To the LOST SUITS or SLAVES - No REWARD if FOUND

Posted: Sep 17, 2010

Regarding the English slang for Management being termed as a "SUIT." On a forum/bbs/chat board it is not uncommon to find shortened variations of words in slang terminology being used.  There seems to be 2 classifications of work force/individuals on this forum and one would NOT need a certification in education to realize them to be Production and Management classifications.  

The general consensus of "Production Workers" seems to have been appropriately christened "Slaves" with "Management Workers" being dubbed the "Suits." Such lighthearted and stress-relieving terms are nothing but a harmless outlet for those that appropriately associate themselves with them.    

It would seem that those finding fault, offense, and discounting anything "credible" simply because these terms are used and or referenced... is at best, "infantile, and childish" to say the least.  It would seem such an individual(s) would greatly benefit in either having their medications adjusted and or frequenting another forum, for such an obsession is tiresome and redundant in repeated efforts to draw attention to such a subject. 

So, for this LOST person, whether you are a "SUIT or a SLAVE," let us hope for your own sake you aren't FOUND... since there must be more productive things you could be doing than staying focused on such ridiculousness in your below post.   

You lost me with the infantile "suits" reference - Credibility crash for the thread

Posted: Sep 16th, 2010 - 12:02 pm In Reply to: Yes. This company makes the stupidest decisions. - K

Every time I'm interested in hearing what someone says in a thread, someone goes childish with a "suit" comment and all credibility goes out the window. The conversation was interesting before that happened, but now I don't believe the information to be factual. That's because of the low-credibility track record of the people making "suit" comments. 

Oh, my, don't we have a superiority attitude. I think I will post that under every post - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
just so you can go hide in your glass house.

SUPERIORITY attitude - is that like INFERIORITY attitude? - Just Me Too

[ In Reply To ..]
Hope you have a PRODUCTIVITY day!

one begets the other and vice-versa. - me three

[ In Reply To ..]
she's a great snot, though. bravo. pure example of what is running this industry....into the ground.

On this forum the term suit is not "lighthearted" or "harmless"... - gourmand

[ In Reply To ..]
...it is most definitely a derogatory reference.

Gourmand? Expand, please. :) nm - Loves to Cook/aka Expander

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Looks like someone has opened the door and put - Wow, I am impressed

[ In Reply To ..]
management and maybe a few choice and favorite employees on all these boards to try to look favorable. Well, call a spade a spade. You are all still suits and not very nice ones at that.

Sounds immature to me but you're free to use those terms if they work for you - Moving on to more intelligent conversation

[ In Reply To ..]
I am taking a short break, but I will have to say that messages with all the name calling aren't worth reading.

Then why do you read them? - KiwiCat

[ In Reply To ..]
Explain how it is immature to use the term "suit" or "slaves?"

hoo boy, help! Respond to above. nm - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
nn

Looks like you're overreacting. - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
Merriam-Webster among others define a suit as someone in management. If someone reads more into it than that, that's their issue. Making a federal case over a word like this seems more than a little unbalanced.

Similar Messages:

30 Million Slaves
Oct 17, 2013

half of which are in India.  Bet I know where the other half are. REPORT: 30 million people are slaves, half in India... ^ ...

Strap Up Your Girdles Nuance Slaves
Jul 30, 2013

Phrased as a "reminder", the TSMs, TLs are making it known (for the new hires pay attention) every single report, every single line, evey single word, WITH OR WITHOUT BLANKS, will be heavily scrutinized in the search for the QCs to make their 40% bonus.  Reports are being put through as many "audits" as it takes to hammer the MLS; I use the term audit losely, to nail the MLS any way they can, as hard as they can.  This way, the QCs get their bonuses of the backs and ...

How Are You Over Worked Under Paid Slaves Doing Tonight After A Long Day Of Work.
Oct 25, 2012

Back hurting? Wrists numb? Can you feel your finger tips? Ankles hurting? Ears ringing? Nerves shot? Anxiety and depression 2 fold? Stress out of control? Weight gain from lack of exercise? Tired eyes? Bills still not paid?   YEP.....sounds like you worked it today. Get some rest because you're gonna do it again tomorrow.....over worked and severely underpaid. How many of you got let go today without any explanation? How many of you got a check today that was short? How ma ...

More Suits....
Jun 06, 2012

Do we really need all these upper management people?  We get an introduction email at least once a month......I feel another pay cut coming on or at least changes to DQS that will put more money in their pocket.  What are we getting paid for now that they can somehow manage not to pay us for?   ...

Suits Are Good!
Sep 12, 2010

Suits are just everyday people that have taken their careers toward management, usually just by accident. There are good suits and bad suits. We aren't all the same. Sometimes we suits become non-suits again or move back and forth. This "suit" talk is silly. We're all just people who are doing the best we can. It's even harder these days with a horrible economy, but we all do our best. Management is not the enemy. ...

Hey CBAY Suits
Mar 26, 2011

Why dont ya just open up all the regions into one clump and let us have a giant cesspool?  Then every report that pops up will get assigned out immediately and there will be instant TAT!  If you do it quick enough, you can beat all the other MTSOs to it and be the leader of the pack!  I mean, seriously, jumping from the 15 to 20 now is such a piece of cake, and you really dont want me thinking I have the upper hand here, do you? ...

I Have To Thank All Of You Who Talk About Law Suits
May 14, 2012

You've made this board so completely boring that I no longer feel the need to come here every day.    ...

For Nuance Suits. May You Have A
Jul 19, 2013

life plagued with famine, locusts and drought for having no concern for the lives and livelihood of those people who work the hardest for your wealth. May you know what it is like to struggle to feed your family and come to an understanding of what it feels like to not know how you will pay your bills or your rent/mortgage. May you know what it is to be ill and forego seeking treatment because of no insurance or enough money to cover the copay. This is my wish for you. ...

TO: NUANCE SUITS
Dec 22, 2013

First off, because I am polite, I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas. Now, I must ask, have you any idea as to the degree of financial devastation and destruction you have caused your MLSs? Are you aware that some have lost their homes and others are in the process of same due to a paycheck that is up to 50% less than what it used to be? Do you know or care that a lot of MLSs cannot afford to buy Christmas presents or even send out Christmas cards? To think that you hold us in such contemp ...

Make Me A CEO & I'll Cut All The Unnecessary Suits,
Mar 19, 2012

supervisors, managers, leaders, unnecessary webinars, conferences, etc., and increase the pay of the ones who actually have their hands on the item that produces revenue for the company...  Seems like an awful lot of wasted money in all these corporations IMHO.  ...

Maybe The Suits Should All Kick In Half Their
Mar 08, 2014

They'd still have plenty left over for the lifestyle they've carved out for themselves. I bet Vern and Amy are having a good chuckle right now. ...

SUITS MAKING RULES FOR UNDERLINGS
May 20, 2011

It is obvious that those in charge have NEVER typed a word and have no idea what transcription is all about.  They need to go on Undercover Boss and spend one day at the computer and listen to what we listen to and then tell me we need to be 99% accurate.  What a joke! ...

MQ Suits Are Too Rich. They Have Multiple Houses
Oct 30, 2011

I am scoping out a big box for my next move to under the overpass down the street. ...

Do You Think MQ Suits Are Aware Of The Tammy Post And
Nov 03, 2011

x ...

Do You Think M Modal Suits Read This Site?
Apr 26, 2012

A Round Of Applause For The Nuance Suits
Aug 17, 2013

Hundreds of jobs out of TAT this morning across the board.  Betcha the clients are getting a little bit cranky.  While you are holding your employees to unobtainable standards of perfection to perfect your VR so you can get rid of us and send the meager rest to India, you will have run this company into the ground first.  Don't the clients penalize you when reports are late?  Make sure you pass that loss on to us, the MTs.  Don't dare take respon ...

Class Action Suits. All The Comments Below That Nothing
Apr 05, 2014

can be done. That is SO NOT true, and I hate to state the obvious, the elephant in OUR room here, that its likely management trolls.  The law firm listed below is fantastic.  And class actions work where 1 or 2 Plaintiffs step up and its converted to a class action for all employees. That's where ya sit back, don't have to do squat, the pros go over payroll and you get compensated if wages are calculated to be do you. Its simple, NOT some big drama fest.  This IS America ...

Hey Suits And Others Reading This...Do The Hospitals Know Their Work Is Being Sent Offshore?
Jun 03, 2013

Are we taking for granted the "clients" hospitals know where the work goes, but DO THEY really? Wonder. Even if they DO know, bet most patients/people don't.  Wish there was a way to spread the word around.  Bet most people would be outraged.  It also seems like not such a good idea for national security, or just for privacy sake, to send medical records, information, all over they world (yeah, yeah, I know, not ALL over the word...not yet).  GREED is such an awful thing ...

How Long You Think It Took For Zylo Suits To Send Email Telling
Jan 13, 2012

x ...

Lost In OB
Jun 21, 2010

Procedure EFM toco?  ...

NEW IC LOST AT SEA - Please Help - Sm
Jul 22, 2010

I need advice.  I have just recently gone from employee (for over 35 years) to independent contractor.  This has probably been asked or discussed before, but I never paid any attention to the discussions as it never pertained to me; now I wish I had read the posts.  I feel lost here.  I was hired in the usual manner, and told what my line rate would be.  I understand the part about no taxes taken out, no benefits, etc.  I was also told what hours/days they need ...

I Did My Best And Still Lost The Job
Mar 21, 2012

I trained for 5 days and was called today and told I was terminated. No explanation but their instructions on page breaks sucked and I had off and on problems with them. They sent a video to watch and and would not play on my computer and I told them about it. All they did was send it to me again and still didn't work. These companies are all about greed and do not want to take time to really train someone who really wants to learn their job. ...

Just Lost My Job To EMR
Aug 15, 2012

I just received an email that was addressed to us ladies stating that as of Friday this week, we are not needed anymore because all doctors in a certain place are switching to EMR. It was a whole city. This is the first I have heard of this, that is, all their accounts in this city are switching. God Help us All ...

Lost Job To EMR
Aug 16, 2012

After 14 years of transcribing for a medical practice, suddenly, without notice, I was "dumped."  My client implimented the required EHR mandated by President Obama.  I guess I was somewhat naive in not seeing this coming, but I assumed transcribed documents by a "real person" would still be wanted by my client.  Now I find myself at age 57 without work.  My next step is to inquire about verbatim transcription, but the idea of not correcting improper grammar and using "yeah" ...

I'm Sorry - Afraid I Will Be Lost Below!
Dec 11, 2009

Under IC QA - thanks (waaaay down there - lots of comments) but after you read this - do I have options? ...

Lost Account To EMR :(
Jan 19, 2010

Last week I was told that the account I was working on went to EMR and they do not need any of the MTs on that account anymore.  :(  I have been sending out my resume but no bites.  I have 12 years of MT experience.  Where are the jobs? ...

HELP! I Lost My Tool Bar - Sm
Mar 18, 2010

I was doing something on the internet in Explorer and I did something that made my toolbar at the bottom go away.  Can anyone help me get it back?  Thanks in advance. ...

More Mt Jobs Lost To EMR
May 26, 2010

Just heard today my local town's clinic will be going to EMR in September so those MTs will be losing their job (we are only 2000 people but the clinic is going EMR), another town 125 from me with about 100 MTs have just lost their jobs and a bigger town from there has lost about 100 MTs because of EMR.  These are rural America and not big hospitals by any means compared to some of the bigger cities in the country.  This is just not right and so, so, so sad.  I also jus ...

Where Your Lost MQ Wages Are Going
Aug 27, 2010

From an article written 2 days ago regarding MQ's settlement of a lawsuit filed by Kaiser against Medquist (which MQ settled for 2 million, by the way):   The company reported net revenues for the three months ended June 30, 2010 as increasing $20.1 million or 25.9 percent to $97.5 million compared to $77.5 million for the three months ended June 30, 2009. ...

Lost Accounts?
Sep 02, 2010

This lost accounts business is b.s. They have been pushing overtime in QA for a long time because they needed people and now they have the nerve to lay people off. Nice way to do business. I actually feel sorry for the workers left there with all of that work. They are going to drill those employees into the ground with work. ...