A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WebmedX - VAST layoffs, now firings, even of CMTs, 1/3 pay - What is going on??!

Posted: Oct 10, 2010

First continually and rapidly cutting our pay to nothing while we had to retrain on numerous systems, then mass layoffs of seasoned employees, even CMTs AND newbies, now they're trying this week to create reasons to let the rest of us go.  I think it's past time we look into A.) a class-action lawsuit and B.) go public with our outrage!  They cut our pay to nothing but continue to charge their CLIENTS too much so they lose accounts to MedQuist and start treating US like dirt?!?!  I don't know about you but the whole tone there has changed over the past 2 months.  Consider yourself LUCKY if you were among the masses that were laid off becuase of the supposed loss of ONE (NEW!) account.  The management that remains there should be ashamed of themselves.  Bring it up to your local media as to the relation to offshoring, greed, unemployment, etc.  We need an area to all gather that is specific to this.

IF YOU LOST/LOSE YOUR WEBMEDX JOB - IMPORTANT - Repost from below also

[ In Reply To ..]
This was such an important message I felt it needed to have it's own post. It kind of got lost below in the thread. Anyone who is going through this type of situation can really benefit from this information - I know it was powerful salve for my heart. Thank you for posting this Former Manager.

Posted: Oct 9th, 2010 - 9:01 am In Reply to: WMX BLOODLETTING - ea

Most MTSOs of any decent size at all have production/quality policies. These are usually listed as "requirements" for MTs but these expectations are usually described again under a termination or performance management policy.

If a random or routine quality and/or production check results in lower standards than the company wants, they usually will follow through with notifcation to the MT and follow their performance management process. They want to keep the MT and just help them improve. Turnover is very expensive.

However, if the company is looking specifically to lighten its work force and/or specific individuals, they will not give the MT(s) notice. They will do a historical quality/production review and simply state they no longer need their services.

They will NOT entangle themselves by stating it is because the MT did not meeting production or quality standards or any other requirement because they have not followed their performance management policy. They simply terminate without cause.

Can they do this? Yes. I don't know of a state that is not "at will" or of similar structure when it comes to employment expctations. We don't want that situation anyway - we want to be able to come/go from a job as we see fit and the company needs to do the same.

It does seem unfair and it is definitely painful when it happens.

What MTs need to look for are patterns of this, especially when it happens in groups or batches of employees.

Webmedx recently terminated a group (whatever size doesn't matter) of MTs/QA due to the loss of at least one account. So, watching for a pattern of terminations without cause is very crucial.

If an MT is truly blindsighted by a termination, this is a true red flag that all at the company should pay attention to and those thinking about applying should carefully weigh. Nothing illegal about it but there are more ethical ways to reduce staffing.

What do I mean by being "blindsighted by a termination?" If you are terminuated and:
1. You were not given any prior counseling, discussion, documentation about poor performance of any kind.
2. At your termination, you were not given a "poor performance" reason or perhaps any reason - just a "we no longer need your services" excuse.
3. You were given poor performance stats on yourself that went back further than the last completed pay cycle.

It will NEVER be easy to lose a job regardless of the reason or circumstances. It can help, though, to understand what is happening so you can determine if you were just a victim of a poorly executed business decision versus truly having not meet performance requirements (which you need to know for your continued employment opportunities).

I would also hope that all MTs when reporting such incidents on message boards do so with credibility and integrity - not just make vague statements but be specfiic (much more credible) as this particular poster has been. This will help other MTs make a more informed choice about staying or onboarding with this company.

Former Manager

ALSO: If on schedule and not getting work - NEED TO BE PAID FOR OUR TIME - Labor Violations

[ In Reply To ..]
Forcing us to work a schedule and sit on our hands while not getting any work OR pay for our time, is also illegal. We need to take it up with the local labor department. CLASS ACTION SUIT!

You can get and are entitled to partial unemployment - RLee - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

How does one go about - doing this?

[ In Reply To ..]
Would we have to get WMX to okay this? Will that mean they look unfavorably on you when the work picks up? I am lucky I am able to wait for work and pick it up when I can, but it really is exhausting and if I could file for partial unemployment without anything backfiring I would be interested in finding out more. Have you done this?
Pattial unemployment - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
I filed for partial unemployment last December when employed at Transcend. All I did was file an initial claim and answered questions and was granted partial unemployment. If you are hired for a specific schedule and hours and are not getting in any lines then you are entitled to it. Transcend did not fight it until they fired me in February and I started collecting full unemployment and needless to say I was granted full unemployment benefits. Contact you Dept of Labor and file a claim - it can be done through their Intertent site and it is a very simple process.
Thank you! - This is helpful
[ In Reply To ..]
I will start keeping track of the NJA time on my shift. My shift has become so ridiculous lately it is almost 24 hours at times, just go on at any time to see if I can pick up a few jobs. This has happened in the past, but never has it seemed so dire, i.e. they did not fire enough people? Can't say I want them to fire more (including me), but really making my life a mess trying to get the lines in. Thanks for sharing your personal experience.
Correction - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
I file my weekly claim via the Internet. I do believe that you have to talk to someone on the phone to file the initial claim and get the ball rolling - then after that it can be done via the Interent, at least in the state of Maine that is how it works. Good luck.
Florida Unemployment - TT MT
[ In Reply To ..]
When I filed for unemployment here in Florida, after being let go at Transcend, I did all of my paperwork on line and never had to talk to anyone. When it was okayed, I got my first check within 2 weeks. After that I logged into the site when required and answered a few questions regarding whether I had looked for work, could not find work, et cetera and then I got another check. They tell you how much you are eligible to get, based on the rate of pay you were receiving with your company, and they also tell you how much you have in total until you run out of unemployment compensation. It is very easy and takes no time at all.

If you're so unhappy, start your own service and see how "easy" it is. - WatchTheNews

[ In Reply To ..]
We are in a recession, some calling it a depression. Companies do what they have to do to survive. I work as a manager for a small company and feel that the smaller companies are being squeezed out by larger companies but more so by our government and mostly by the economic state.

Class action suit? For Transcription?!?!? What about other industries? Auto (my husband worked for GM for 28 years and lost his job last year), textiles (gone offshore), coal miners, electricians, plumbers, construction workers, financial people, even teachers. Schools are closing, banks are failing, so many auto dealerships have closed in our city that it looks like a ghost town in some areas.

If you can't afford your house, you can't even downsize because your house is probably worth 40 to 50% of its true value, probably worth less than you owe. Even if you are lucky enough to have equity, no one is buying. If they are, they are buying short sales and foreclosures.

This is bad and getting worse. When will it turn around or will it ever? The Great Depression lasted more than a month; it lasted 10 years and only turned around because the govt imposed rationing, recruited 6 million defense workers, drafted 6 million soldiers and ran massive deficits to run WWII. That is NOT how we want it to end this time, but will anything help?

Instead of complaining about our jobs, we should be working harder to make ends meet and put some money in the banks or in our mattresses for harder times that could come our way.

If you do not work for Webmedx you have no idea - what we are talking about.

[ In Reply To ..]
This is not about how tough times are right now - it is about the SHAMEFUL way that this company has conducted itself over the past couple of months. Since you don't work there, you have no idea.

I DO WORK THERE! - WatchTheNews

[ In Reply To ..]
Ijust think that it's SHAMEFUL the way a handful of MT's can make it look like a company is rotten.

Look around you because they are not doing anything wrong, even if you are not happy with the changes. Do you think I am happy that my home is worth half what I owe?
It is not a handful of MTs making the company look rotten. - It is the company making the company look rotten.
[ In Reply To ..]
If you work there you should know that!
Looking rotten - Handful?
[ In Reply To ..]
Judging by internet searches of webmedx layoffs, it doesn't appear to be a few.
Embarrassing that so many working there have no idea - what is going on. Anywhere.
[ In Reply To ..]
Class action suit?
Labor violations?
Go public with shameful industry abuse, etc.? (Don't you know you have?)

Of course not. How can some people know absolutely nothing about the most basic issues affecting them as citizens, as employees, as MT/ME's? Even 15 minutes spent reading up about any one of these topics would make you embarrassed to read your posts too.

Learning is like rowing upstream: not to advance is to drop back. ~Proverb
I do watch the news - Not a handful
[ In Reply To ..]
I do watch the news and read these boards as well. How anyone can say "a handful of MT's" is beyond me. There are threads going way back about Webmedx. This is not new, just worse. Anyone who discounts what is going on there is obviously either management or living under a rock without a pulse. It well may be that management watches these boards with great interest and rightfully so. Why, because there are SO MANY unhappy people out there. And it's not just about the economy, it's about the way people are treated. Yes, mistreatment of workers is BIG news. Whether legal or not may yet to be determined but as far as ethics goes, this company apparently has none.
I don't live under a rock, but I do work for Webmedx and feel - personally what IS happening. Do you?
[ In Reply To ..]
x
You DO work there - are MANAGEMENT, clearly! - Hundreds are disappointed
[ In Reply To ..]
"I DO WORK THERE", clearly not as an MT or you wouldn't make the types of errors that you do. You are among the disgruntled management, if not the criminal CEO himself. We are on a company board, the dozens of us posting here about WebmedX's shameful recent tactics. You are trying to defend your company. You can't defend the recent horrid treatment of employees, and your posts make it blatantly obvious you are MANAGEMENT. You have dug your own grave.
Please give up your personal tirade. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Your posts are easy to spot.

I don't believe the OP is management but I do believe you are a very disgruntled and misguided employee.

Yes, Webmedx had a small pool of MTs/QA terminated but they are not treating employees horridly, per your description.

Narcissism is paranoia - anyone who is not for you is against you and that is exactly what we are seeing in your posts.

Please get some help. There are not shameful tactics going on but a sad situation that no doubt goes on in other companies but we just don't hear about it every single time.

You have no right to put the words into the mouths of the other "hundreds" of MTs - WebmedxMT
[ In Reply To ..]
..at Webmedx. You have no right to speak for me. Also, calling the CEO a criminal is ridiculous.

Speak for yourself, not for the rest of us.

I am not management. I am an MT.

Lack of communication - is the problem

[ In Reply To ..]
I think we all understand the economy is in the dumps, as we all have been affected. However, if WMX would communicate, just a little bit, what was going on, what is expected of us, that they were doing everything possible to keep our jobs, to keep their jobs, how important it is that we sit tight, i.e. "we are all in this together" type thing, maybe people wouldn't be getting paranoid. But nada, nothing, bupkus. In fact, had I not gone on this board, I would not even know anyone had gotten laid off except a few initially, just that things were a lot slower and all the emails telling us about the backlog, etc., abruptly stopped and that something was very wrong and there was very little work. In this age of hypercommunication, I think it is worrying in this situation to get absolutely no communication at all. When you look around on these boards, everyone is pretty much in the same bad situation, but lack of communication is inexplicable and inexcusable, and that is what worries me, anyway. It implies secrecy, deal making, selling out, no loyalty to their own employees. Or maybe it is just indifference on their part. Who knows? is my point, how can we know if they don't tell us?

I agree and personally would like more, but - Fellow Traveller

[ In Reply To ..]
it's very understandable if management hesitates to give out important information that will just be published here within minutes, whether correctly or hopelessly distorted, as sadly is the more usual case.

Really, we do not all "understand" that the economy's in the dumps. Just look at all the rage at our industry, as if our problems are in any way unique, from people unwilling to consider anything but their own little piece of it.

We've seen that people eager to attack are in no mood to find anything but fuel for more rage, even if it has to be manufactured from honest helpful communication. That exact thing has happened after the last several big meetings. What positive information was offered was again and again ignored entirely or twisted out of recognition into negative so it could serve as fuel. The same for the sort of good inside information you're asking for. All so it could be piled on top of the bonfire of dissatisfaction that's continually burning these days.
Okay, makes more sense - Now
[ In Reply To ..]
When you mention it, I recall looking on here in the past when things have been going good and people would still come on to complain about little things, so I guess it is a consideration. It never occurred to me that this would be any sort of motivation or de-motivation for management, but maybe it is so.
So it is MTStars' fault now that Webmedx has a communication problem. - Give me a break!
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, ultimately - they should not care
[ In Reply To ..]
What a board says. It should not influence their behavior unless they are worried for some future image problems, i.e. a merger, offshoring, etc. I don't think I am being hysterical thinking this. In the absence of other information, conclusions must be drawn, and if they don't want people drawing conclusions they need to explain what is going on.
I agree and - see msg
[ In Reply To ..]
If the company communicates what is going on, and then it gets distorted here, then others who come here will point that out, as they have done before. But now the only thing the employees who post here can do is speculate, either positive or negative, with no facts other than the ones staring us in the face: layoffs, lost accounts, low work.

Also, what about the majority of employees who likely do not frequent this board yet may wonder and worry about what is going on. Do they not deserve an explanation just because a few might repost the company's explanations here?

There have not been mass layoffs. A handful were - let go but it was not massive.

[ In Reply To ..]
You need to get a hold of yourself here and stop trying to panic everyone.

Yes, there are issues that all MTs at every company should be diligently watching but your paranoid over-the-top statements have zero credibility.

There is no class-action suit to be had. They didn't do anything illegal.

If you don't like the company, go to a different one. If you don't like how this business is changing, go get into something else.

It really is that simple.

How do you know - wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
That just a handful were let go?

No Mass Layoffs - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
This is getting ridiculous. I agree with the above. Don't like it, get out, I did. Maybe we should have a board for CBM (cry, bitching and moaning). I understand the plight, been there done that, but to degrade someone and bicker back and forth, who wants to listen to that garbage. I am concerned also, but I'm working. Not the best pay, but it is a job and in this economy it is better than nothing and I am not an IC, I am an employee and I don't work for 8 cpl. I get tired of people complaining about things they know nothing about. I am an ex-webbie, I lost faith in the company so I left. There are jobs out there, you just need to perhaps "lower" your standards just a little. I wouldn't work for 7 cpl, but I don't expect to get 12-15 cpl (although it would be nice), it just ain't gonna happen. So instead of CBM here, use your time to find a new job or new profession. We don't want to listen to people downgrading others here. We all have a right to an opinion, but if you have no empathy, you don't belong here.

"Mass layoffs" is just a troll for a mob. - The layoffs were very light--

[ In Reply To ..]
except as they weigh on the unfortunates let go. I know because, among other reasons, we have been low on work for all the people kept on, sharing it among many and flexing a lot more than usual to get our line counts, ever since the two accounts were lost to an offshorer.

This current trolling was energized by news from one person, who works a second job, that she was just let go for a pattern of low production and by another saying a friend had applied and might be hired.
Troll for a mob? - One Person?
[ In Reply To ..]
One person? Perhaps you should read through the boards and go back for months. A lot more than one person. If you are management, suggestion...the more you defend the company, the more replies there will be. MT's are articulate and intelligent. You may wish we'd just go away with out tale between our legs but people want to be heard and are entitled to vent. Your call for "one person" is way off the mark!
Dare I say - I almost wish
[ In Reply To ..]
They had laid off more, including me, so that I might get unemployment insurance while looking for a new job. I like Webmedx, really have become expert at my work, do it very well, but honestly for a month or more now this flexing of time, making up time, and using PTO because never enough hours of work are available has become so disheartening. This is why info would help. I don't want to leave, it would take me ages to get to the level I am now, where I know all the doctor names and spellings, have my expander set for so many repetitive phrases, have qualified for insurance and holiday time, averaging over 300 lph, even on straight typing, I know the dictators so well. So all in all I still like WMX, just wish some planning information were more forthcoming. OR more work, of course.

If you don't want to listen - Big Ears

[ In Reply To ..]
then don't read the posts. The only people who listen are those who so elect to read them. Like you say, don't like it, get out.

Absurd. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Hilarious, actually - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
you people ... lol

PART-TIME UNEMPLOYMENT - JC

[ In Reply To ..]
I sit here almost every morning for hours trying to get work. But if I applied for part-time unemployment, I can tell you that my company would find a reason to get rid of me. They have made so many cut-backs and apparently are hanging on by a thread. Yes, if they fired me I could get full unemployment but that won't pay my bills. Anyone know the max you can draw in Florida? I tried to check and it looked like the max was $234/week. That's unbelievable.

Florida Unemployment - TT MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The rate of pay you will get is based totally on what you made from your employer per pay period, and there is a percentage they calculate as to how they arrive at this figure. You can find this information on line at the Floridal Dept. of Unemployment Compensation. It varies for each person based on their rate of pay.

Similar Messages:

Don't Be Too Shocked By Christmas Layoffs And Firings
Dec 14, 2011

I used to work for a company that had an annual Christmas layoff. It was almost a joke with those of us who had survived the latest round. Most companies have a budget. In bad times they tend to run out of money at the end of the year. It's rotten and shows poor planning, but nobody should be shocked when it happens. ...

Wonder How The Webmedx Layoffs Will Affect
Sep 02, 2010

I wonder if this is an "open the floodgates" kind of thing and will have a domino effect and more companies (like Medquist) will start laying off, too. Anybody have any comment on this? ...

What Is Going On With The Firings?
Jun 14, 2011

I was considering going back to MQ because my current job (which I love) is going bye bye (very small local company).  Now I am wondering what the heck is up????   Why are they doing this? ...

TSM Firings. Sm
Jan 09, 2015

I suspected she would be, but hoped against all hopes that my TSM would not be fired.  Not only was she fired, but they did it in a cold, calculating way in a 5 minute conference call and once she hung up she was left with nothing.  No insurance.  No job.  No offer to even type for Nuance.  The only TSMs that were fired from my original company were the TSMs who were fighting for us or basically "wouldn't kiss ass."  She told me that she had hoped and prayed he ...

My Rant About The America's Pride Firings
Sep 04, 2012

I'm surprised there is no thread about the America's Pride firings last Friday. I've been with them for years, and for nearly two have been unable to get any decent work. Over a year ago I was put on a new account that they promptly lost. The other account I had transitioned to mostly VR with only a few jobs coming in. When I asked to be added to other accounts, I received no response. Recently I asked to be on the new DC account, then got a rather vague email saying that DC woul ...

Interesting Thought Re Audits, PM, Firings, And Quitting
Jul 24, 2014

MTs have been leaving this profession in significant numbers in the last few years due to the pay, the lack of work, companies going out of business, voice recognition, and especially at MM with audits, performance management, firings, and disgruntled employees.  At the same time, you seldom see or hear of new MTs signing up and going through the schools to get certified.  The New MTs board is a good indication.  You also seldom see advertisements these days for MT training (for g ...

WMX CMTs-Will You Be Renewing Your CMT...sm
Dec 18, 2009

credential when it comes up for renewal?  They aggressively pushed this credential a few years ago and I got it (I felt pressured to), but I really hear nothing about wanting a credentialed work force from the company now. Due to the fact that our insurance has really been stink-o starting last year and this year's deductible is now $500 higher with no raise in 3+ years, I am seriously thinking about dropping it.  I was wondering if anyone else was going to do that ...

Question For CMTs
Sep 19, 2011

I am thinking about taking the test to become a CMT.  If you have done this, what references would you recommend that I have in front of me while taking the test?  Has anyone failed the test on their first try and if so, can you retake it without paying a second fee?  I have been an MT for a long time and should be able to pass the test but I'm worried they might fail you for little things.  What other suggestions can anyone offer?  I know there will be people ...

CMTs Who Transition
Mar 20, 2012

Will you or have you let your CMT expire? ...

For Current (or Former) CMTs....Please.....need Advice
Aug 15, 2010

I know a lot of MTs don't feel getting credentialed is worthwhile for various reasons; however, I feel like my company is going to eventually require this of all their MTs.  Whether they are in cahoots with ADHI and it's all just a money-making scam or not I don't know. I can't worry about that.  I don't have anything against being required to be certified by the way--I just feel that if they are going to make this requirement there should be some reimbursement ...

More CMTs Coming From Off-shore
Dec 18, 2010

New CMT & RMT tests out, so off-shore will be teaching to the tests big time.  This is going on in our industry and others; but savvy big companies are awake and tweaking certification testing to catch the problem; not sure ADHI is sophisticated enough for that.  I am really NOT sure they WANT to address that issue.  Watch the flood of new CMTs from off-shore...and what it does to availability of our jobs.  (Yet there will be the re ...

Would Appreciate Some Help From Current CMTs To Help Me Decide
Apr 17, 2011

Does your employer offer a differential for being a CMT (Certified Medical Transcriptionist)?  I am on the fence as to whether to take the CMT test now or just wait until it becomes mandatory.  Would really appreciate some help from current CMTs to maybe sway me one way or the other.  Since I am currently looking for a new employer, this may be the perfect time for me to decide.  If I go the CMT route, then I would probably apply to companies that will pay me more for the C ...

Any MQ CMTs Out There With Thoughts On Testing? I Am Thinking About It.
May 26, 2010

All I see is the test costs $$.  I have been an MT for 5+ years and would probably pass.  How difficult is it to keep up with thier recredentialing requirements?  I don't have time to do extra "homework" for free.  If it is job-related, it should be on the clock IMO.   It is a little irritating that we have to keep being tested all the time with audits, etc., and now they are pushing us to be CMT.  If I am being pushed to meet extremely high standards, I ...

Does Anyone Know How Many Total CMTs There Currently Are In The United States?
Apr 17, 2011

Does AHDI list the total number of U.S. CMTs anywhere on their website?  I have been looking, but could not find anything.  Anyone have any idea what the number might be currently?    ...

Where Are The Layoffs
Apr 07, 2013

Unless I missed something, no one has said if there were specific regions where many MTs were laid off. Perhaps MM is going about this region by region. I am a Tier 3 part-timer and have not received a call. Of course, my mgr said it was all a rumor -- yea, right. I agree with those who said we are being replaced by India. I'd love to know MM's timetable for this -- and their thinking behind who goes here and who stays. I have had more than enough work from my primary account ...

Maybe This Had Something To Do With The Layoffs.
Aug 20, 2013

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:E0vrOZbvAZAJ:www.klasresearch.com/print/%3Furl%3D/research/export/print/segment.aspx%3Fid%3D78+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a Data was retrieved by on Saturday, August 10, 2013.   Front-End Speech (FES) – system used for real-time voice to text conversion by clinicians enabling them to start, edit, complete, and sign off on notes or reports withoutsing transcription services.&n ...

LAYOFFS/PASSWORDS
Apr 04, 2013

I know this board is consumed right now about the layoffs but I have question. HAD to call Support yesterday and today, and was told that I cannot change my password in Ipswitch. He said only the techs could do it for me and that I am not allowed to have a personal password!! Never heard of such a thing. My head is spinning after talking to him. Are all you out there able to change your password?  So sorry to the person(s) that got laid off.  A job is a job and it's always sad t ...

Layoffs/Terminations
Apr 11, 2013

Think I will get the proverbial axe on Monday or Tuesday - Tuesday should be the first day of my new pay period according to my schedule.  After the corrective action for low LPH and many other things bugging me - definitely kept asking questions and when one did not answer, or answer fully, went higher, and also to HR.  I really did love this job and it makes me so angry and depressed all at once at how things have gotten so awful!  I did finally get them to finally acknowledge t ...

April Layoffs
Jul 24, 2013

I was laid off April 4th.  Supervisor was sorry she had to make the call as there was no problem with my work.  Had been with company 16 years and worked 7 days a week, third shift, split shift, part time.  It is all working out though, collecting unemployment and in school thanks to TAA.  Everything is paid for: books, tuition, supplies and if school is 50 miles from home, a gas allowance is available.  UE office said I could attend any college I chose and that thi ...

MModal Layoffs
Aug 17, 2013

Anyone wanting to discuss the lay offs by MModal and the commonaliities of people laid off, please contact me through the "reply by email" button below or through this board. We were fired because our jobs were outsourced.  The person who called and told about this "transition" admited it when I asked.   Company loyalty means nothing to these people; they're just big business.  I feel sorry for middle management, who probably know they're next to go. ...

Keystrokes Layoffs?
May 30, 2014

I just read that KS is laying off, can anyone confirm?  http://www.thelayoff.com/keystrokes-transcription-service ...

Layoffs -- If You Look In The MQ Address Book
Jun 02, 2010

nm ...

Latest Layoffs, Can We Figure Out
Jun 08, 2010

from what areas? SA4/South CCM is the same, but one regional director was changed from a guy to a woman I'm not familiar with. ...

Scan Medical Layoffs
May 21, 2011

I think I had posted this on the wrong board.  For those of you that lost their accounts at Scan Medical along with me where did you all go.  Did anyone try to go with the accounts to the new company or just start looking for jobs again. ...

Layoffs Curious If The Ones Laid Off
Apr 05, 2013

got an email from amy about all mt meeying on april 17?.  i got that email and 20 minutes later board was full of talks of layoffs.  just wondering if i got the email because im safe or if everyone got it ...

I Just Read The Posts Below About Layoffs.
Apr 05, 2013

The layoffs seem to be posts from Evelyn, Liz, Donna, Sue, Lee, Ruth, Pegge, Ginger and so on.  Another post stated she talked to her TSM and it was all rumors.  I do not mean to offend anyone, but I am part time and have overtime work tonight and for this weekend.  Maybe due to people being laid off??   The thing is, I do not work my hours like I should because I am so SICK of this job after being here way too many years to care anymore.  I have another job ...

Medical Transcription Layoffs
Sep 29, 2013

Many MTs are losing their jobs or grossly under-employed due to outsourcing.   The salary for many is insufficient to live off of in the USA. These MTs have been very loyal, flexible, highly productive employees that are committed to excellence.  How did we get to this point where hardworking, loyal medical transcriptionists are no longer valued as employees by even the "Best Companies?"  What can we do to keep MTs in the USA from being hungry and living in poverty level? These ...

M-Modal Hiring Now After Layoffs?
Oct 14, 2013

Why is M-Modal running an ad for hiring when they recently laid off so many transcriptionists? ...

Layoffs After EPIC Implementation
Jun 05, 2014

Has anyone worked where EPIC has been implemented?  Did transcription work pick up after initial drop off or were there layoffs? ...

Layoffs, Acquisitions, Economy, Companies. Sm
Sep 03, 2010

With the economy the way it is, layoffs happen.  Do you really think that companies like to lay people off?  If they lay people off, there is less being transcribed and less being invoiced and less profit lining their pockets.  While I agree that email seems a cold way to lay people off, what option did they have?  Everyone works remotely, right?  If they started to make phone calls, it would've caused a panic for those who weren't being laid off.  This wa ...