A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WMX CMTs-Will you be renewing your CMT...sm - rethinking

Posted: Dec 18, 2009

credential when it comes up for renewal?  They aggressively pushed this credential a few years ago and I got it (I felt pressured to), but I really hear nothing about wanting a credentialed work force from the company now.

Due to the fact that our insurance has really been stink-o starting last year and this year's deductible is now $500 higher with no raise in 3+ years, I am seriously thinking about dropping it.  I was wondering if anyone else was going to do that.  If so, will you be telling the company why?  I intend to.

I let mine lapse. sm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't want it in the first place. Got another great job without it, didn't even ask if I had it.

I wouldn't drop it (sm) - Webber

[ In Reply To ..]
I wouldn't drop your CMT because of WMX's horrible treatment of their MTs. If you let it lapse you have to take the test over again later and pay that big testing fee. I know you have to pay to recertify, but I think it is only $50 every 3 years? The CMT differential at WMX is pretty lousy (1/4 cent), but that more than covers the recertification fee. Why drop your CMT and let them take even more money away from you? Also, if you go to the AHDI meetings at WMX they usually have CEC credits that you can get for free. I know that expenses for everything are up, but I think you would lose money in the long run if you let your CMT lapse since you would lose the differential. I think you should recertify. After all, your CMT could help you find a new job when you come to hate working at WMX as much as I do...

Webber - May I email you with some questions? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Sure, if you're not a WMX suit... - Webber

[ In Reply To ..]
x
They are known to fish here, don't correspond! - yup
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I wouldn't pay those shysters 50 cents, let alone - $50, to keep their scam "certification".

[ In Reply To ..]
AHDI = one of the biggest unreported scams in the US today.

No CMT, will be dropping some insurance tho - they only want editors now

[ In Reply To ..]
I never thought a quarter of a cent was worth the effort to get a CMT, so I didn't bother to begin with. What's next, they'll find a way to certify VR editors and push that?

I found out through ehealthins that I can buy my child a better health policy for under $100 a month, so that's the route I took. Unfortunately I can't get myself a private policy, I gained too much weight from job stress these last few months and am over the weight limit (according to agent). So I'm stuck with Wmx insurance until I drop some weight or get a better job - both goals for the new year for me.

I don't see the point in telling them why - obviously they want us to drop our dependents off our insurance, if you look at their price scale that is exactly what they're trying to make us do - its still fairly cheap for the individual, even though the coverage gets crappier every year.

Dropping our LTD was just another little kick in the pants for our "excellence" this past year. What is the reward for all the hard work they praise us for - getting constantly treated worse until we all quit! Why are they deliberatly destroying our company?

Definitely. Never bothered until this year, but even such a modest credential - MissIndigo

[ In Reply To ..]
may be useful for more than just an extra quarter cent during transition to whatever comes next. I'd dump no assets unnecessarily. That some companies want you to have it and thatreportedly 19% last year are paying more for it says something. Not sure what, but it's the reason I finally gave in and got it.

Anybody know what percentage of MTs hold the CMT now?

BTW, as an appraiser, my continuing ed courses (the real thing) and renewal fees cost several hundred dollars each year.

It's become pretty evident that all MTSOs' ulterior - motive is to cease all US operations -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
become 100% offshore. Unless that travesty is somehow taxed, fined, or outlawed, at the current rate they're going, it will probably happen within 5 years.

Similar Messages:

AHDI Wants To Know Why Folks Are Not Renewing CMT.
Aug 27, 2012

Can't wait to mail my *reason* back to them. I can hardly wait for the mailman to collect my reply, and this is just my opinion. I'm sending the below to all three persons at AHDI named on the inquiry. 1. My company (and others nowadays) do not recognize CMT status any longer. 2. Why should I *recertify* myself to obtain a basically minimum wage-paying career, which is what the MT field has become these days, and the pay is getting lower as time goes by. I do applaud their efforts ...

Question For CMTs
Sep 19, 2011

I am thinking about taking the test to become a CMT.  If you have done this, what references would you recommend that I have in front of me while taking the test?  Has anyone failed the test on their first try and if so, can you retake it without paying a second fee?  I have been an MT for a long time and should be able to pass the test but I'm worried they might fail you for little things.  What other suggestions can anyone offer?  I know there will be people ...

CMTs Who Transition
Mar 20, 2012

Will you or have you let your CMT expire? ...

For Current (or Former) CMTs....Please.....need Advice
Aug 15, 2010

I know a lot of MTs don't feel getting credentialed is worthwhile for various reasons; however, I feel like my company is going to eventually require this of all their MTs.  Whether they are in cahoots with ADHI and it's all just a money-making scam or not I don't know. I can't worry about that.  I don't have anything against being required to be certified by the way--I just feel that if they are going to make this requirement there should be some reimbursement ...

More CMTs Coming From Off-shore
Dec 18, 2010

New CMT & RMT tests out, so off-shore will be teaching to the tests big time.  This is going on in our industry and others; but savvy big companies are awake and tweaking certification testing to catch the problem; not sure ADHI is sophisticated enough for that.  I am really NOT sure they WANT to address that issue.  Watch the flood of new CMTs from off-shore...and what it does to availability of our jobs.  (Yet there will be the re ...

Would Appreciate Some Help From Current CMTs To Help Me Decide
Apr 17, 2011

Does your employer offer a differential for being a CMT (Certified Medical Transcriptionist)?  I am on the fence as to whether to take the CMT test now or just wait until it becomes mandatory.  Would really appreciate some help from current CMTs to maybe sway me one way or the other.  Since I am currently looking for a new employer, this may be the perfect time for me to decide.  If I go the CMT route, then I would probably apply to companies that will pay me more for the C ...

Any MQ CMTs Out There With Thoughts On Testing? I Am Thinking About It.
May 26, 2010

All I see is the test costs $$.  I have been an MT for 5+ years and would probably pass.  How difficult is it to keep up with thier recredentialing requirements?  I don't have time to do extra "homework" for free.  If it is job-related, it should be on the clock IMO.   It is a little irritating that we have to keep being tested all the time with audits, etc., and now they are pushing us to be CMT.  If I am being pushed to meet extremely high standards, I ...

Does Anyone Know How Many Total CMTs There Currently Are In The United States?
Apr 17, 2011

Does AHDI list the total number of U.S. CMTs anywhere on their website?  I have been looking, but could not find anything.  Anyone have any idea what the number might be currently?    ...

WebmedX - VAST Layoffs, Now Firings, Even Of CMTs, 1/3 Pay
Oct 10, 2010

First continually and rapidly cutting our pay to nothing while we had to retrain on numerous systems, then mass layoffs of seasoned employees, even CMTs AND newbies, now they're trying this week to create reasons to let the rest of us go.  I think it's past time we look into A.) a class-action lawsuit and B.) go public with our outrage!  They cut our pay to nothing but continue to charge their CLIENTS too much so they lose accounts to MedQuist and start treating US like dirt? ...