A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Scan Medical layoffs - KAMT

Posted: May 21, 2011

I think I had posted this on the wrong board.  For those of you that lost their accounts at Scan Medical along with me where did you all go.  Did anyone try to go with the accounts to the new company or just start looking for jobs again.

Scan Medical - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been so sad because of the layoffs with Scan. It was a great company and paid fairly. They also treated me like I know how to do my job unlike some of the other companies out there. I tried to stay and asked if she had any other accounts but was told not right now, and we weren't told where our current accounts are going...

Similar Messages:

Scan Medical In MI - Anyone Still Working At Scan Medical
May 29, 2011

Is anyone still working at Scan Medical.  I lost my account and just wondered if she is getting more accounts. ...

Medical Transcription Layoffs
Sep 29, 2013

Many MTs are losing their jobs or grossly under-employed due to outsourcing.   The salary for many is insufficient to live off of in the USA. These MTs have been very loyal, flexible, highly productive employees that are committed to excellence.  How did we get to this point where hardworking, loyal medical transcriptionists are no longer valued as employees by even the "Best Companies?"  What can we do to keep MTs in the USA from being hungry and living in poverty level? These ...

Scan Medical
Feb 04, 2010

Anyone that works for Scan Medical can you tell me how the work is there.  ...

What Is Going On With Scan Medical?
May 06, 2011

Wondering if they are sending work overseas as their accounts are suddenly disappearing.... ...

Scan Medical Services? Nm
Feb 20, 2010

Anyone heard of them?  ...

Scan Medical Service, MI
Nov 06, 2010

Does anyone have any information on Scan Medical Service in MI.  Just wondered what the work flow was like and how are they to work for. ...

Scan Medical With Less Work
Mar 28, 2011

Anyone else finding the work with this company getting less and less.  What is going on.  Have they lost accounts. ...

Scan Medical In MI - If They Are Hiring ?
Apr 26, 2011

Does anyone know if they are hiring at all.  I sent in an application months ago but have not heard anything.  Still looking. ...

Used To Work For Scan Medical In MI.
Dec 03, 2011

Does anyone know anything about Scan Medical.  I havent seen any ads lately at all for help with this company. ...

Anyone Else On Here Working For Scan Medical In MI. Nm
Jan 27, 2014

nm ...

Scan Medical Paycheck January 31
Jan 31, 2011

Has anyone received their paycheck for today, January 31, 2011? Usually, it is there when I wake but not today.  She said it should be there today.  They are a wonderful company and have always paid on time so far, but because of other companies I have dealt with in the past, I'm a little worried.  It's all I have for my family.... ...

Does Anyone Know If Scan Medical Is Still Hiring Or In Business. Nm
Jun 02, 2012

dd ...

Question On Scan Medical For People That Lost Account
May 23, 2011

Did anyone that lost their account at Scan get hired by the new company that took the account over or try to apply with them.  ...

S/l CT Sick Scan? 6 Scan? Thick Scan?
Feb 10, 2010

Patient with upper abdominal pain. She received a CT ** scan of her chest and abdomen. There really isn't any further context that would help. ...

"Beecher" Scan? Type Of Chest Scan
Nov 04, 2010

Sentences: "A CT scan of the chest was ordered by primary care provider for the complaint of pleurisy.  A (s/l Beecher) scan was ordered thereafter." I have a feeling I'm going to kick myself when I realize what this one was, but I am fried and just can't find it.  Any thoughts? ...

Where Are The Layoffs
Apr 07, 2013

Unless I missed something, no one has said if there were specific regions where many MTs were laid off. Perhaps MM is going about this region by region. I am a Tier 3 part-timer and have not received a call. Of course, my mgr said it was all a rumor -- yea, right. I agree with those who said we are being replaced by India. I'd love to know MM's timetable for this -- and their thinking behind who goes here and who stays. I have had more than enough work from my primary account ...

Maybe This Had Something To Do With The Layoffs.
Aug 20, 2013

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:E0vrOZbvAZAJ:www.klasresearch.com/print/%3Furl%3D/research/export/print/segment.aspx%3Fid%3D78+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a Data was retrieved by on Saturday, August 10, 2013.   Front-End Speech (FES) – system used for real-time voice to text conversion by clinicians enabling them to start, edit, complete, and sign off on notes or reports withoutsing transcription services.&n ...

LAYOFFS/PASSWORDS
Apr 04, 2013

I know this board is consumed right now about the layoffs but I have question. HAD to call Support yesterday and today, and was told that I cannot change my password in Ipswitch. He said only the techs could do it for me and that I am not allowed to have a personal password!! Never heard of such a thing. My head is spinning after talking to him. Are all you out there able to change your password?  So sorry to the person(s) that got laid off.  A job is a job and it's always sad t ...

Layoffs/Terminations
Apr 11, 2013

Think I will get the proverbial axe on Monday or Tuesday - Tuesday should be the first day of my new pay period according to my schedule.  After the corrective action for low LPH and many other things bugging me - definitely kept asking questions and when one did not answer, or answer fully, went higher, and also to HR.  I really did love this job and it makes me so angry and depressed all at once at how things have gotten so awful!  I did finally get them to finally acknowledge t ...

April Layoffs
Jul 24, 2013

I was laid off April 4th.  Supervisor was sorry she had to make the call as there was no problem with my work.  Had been with company 16 years and worked 7 days a week, third shift, split shift, part time.  It is all working out though, collecting unemployment and in school thanks to TAA.  Everything is paid for: books, tuition, supplies and if school is 50 miles from home, a gas allowance is available.  UE office said I could attend any college I chose and that thi ...

MModal Layoffs
Aug 17, 2013

Anyone wanting to discuss the lay offs by MModal and the commonaliities of people laid off, please contact me through the "reply by email" button below or through this board. We were fired because our jobs were outsourced.  The person who called and told about this "transition" admited it when I asked.   Company loyalty means nothing to these people; they're just big business.  I feel sorry for middle management, who probably know they're next to go. ...

Keystrokes Layoffs?
May 30, 2014

I just read that KS is laying off, can anyone confirm?  http://www.thelayoff.com/keystrokes-transcription-service ...

Layoffs -- If You Look In The MQ Address Book
Jun 02, 2010

nm ...

Latest Layoffs, Can We Figure Out
Jun 08, 2010

from what areas? SA4/South CCM is the same, but one regional director was changed from a guy to a woman I'm not familiar with. ...

Wonder How The Webmedx Layoffs Will Affect
Sep 02, 2010

I wonder if this is an "open the floodgates" kind of thing and will have a domino effect and more companies (like Medquist) will start laying off, too. Anybody have any comment on this? ...

Layoffs Curious If The Ones Laid Off
Apr 05, 2013

got an email from amy about all mt meeying on april 17?.  i got that email and 20 minutes later board was full of talks of layoffs.  just wondering if i got the email because im safe or if everyone got it ...

I Just Read The Posts Below About Layoffs.
Apr 05, 2013

The layoffs seem to be posts from Evelyn, Liz, Donna, Sue, Lee, Ruth, Pegge, Ginger and so on.  Another post stated she talked to her TSM and it was all rumors.  I do not mean to offend anyone, but I am part time and have overtime work tonight and for this weekend.  Maybe due to people being laid off??   The thing is, I do not work my hours like I should because I am so SICK of this job after being here way too many years to care anymore.  I have another job ...

M-Modal Hiring Now After Layoffs?
Oct 14, 2013

Why is M-Modal running an ad for hiring when they recently laid off so many transcriptionists? ...

Layoffs After EPIC Implementation
Jun 05, 2014

Has anyone worked where EPIC has been implemented?  Did transcription work pick up after initial drop off or were there layoffs? ...

Layoffs, Acquisitions, Economy, Companies. Sm
Sep 03, 2010

With the economy the way it is, layoffs happen.  Do you really think that companies like to lay people off?  If they lay people off, there is less being transcribed and less being invoiced and less profit lining their pockets.  While I agree that email seems a cold way to lay people off, what option did they have?  Everyone works remotely, right?  If they started to make phone calls, it would've caused a panic for those who weren't being laid off.  This wa ...