A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

More CMTs coming from off-shore - Not Happy

Posted: Dec 18, 2010

New CMT & RMT tests out, so off-shore will be teaching to the tests big time.  This is going on in our industry and others; but savvy big companies are awake and tweaking certification testing to catch the problem; not sure ADHI is sophisticated enough for that.  I am really NOT sure they WANT to address that issue.  Watch the flood of new CMTs from off-shore...and what it does to availability of our jobs.  (Yet there will be the related flood of money into ADHI.)  Are they going to sell us out?

Of COURSE they're going to sell us out. - (Thats what AHDI is all about!)

[ In Reply To ..]

They already sold us out years ago when.. - MT lady

[ In Reply To ..]
they no longer required on-the-job training in medical records. Made it so easy to work as an MT and the supply went way past the demand. Same thing happened with college students....they funded so much college education...but not enough jobs for them. Made home loans too easy and now more supply than demand. You make anything too easy and it loses its value.

Seems like we could use an AHDI board for those - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
inclined to this sort of thing. Or maybe a combined Offshore/AHDI Concerns would do nicely. The mood of so many posts is much the same, with I'm guessing lot of overlap in posters.
ahdi is a huge issue with us all, and it affects - all aspects of MT. We should
[ In Reply To ..]
be able to discuss it anywhere the subject comes up, which is basically, everywhere.
It's just that your outrage is so BIG it deserves its - its own board
[ In Reply To ..]
where those inclined can really analyze and discuss how this schmucky organization only wants our money, that they really only want our money, when they really only want our money, should they really only want our money, etc. You know, just more room for this terribly important topic.
Heh, yeah, it does get boring, doesn't it? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xxx
So does hearing about AHDI's supposed "merits". - n/m
[ In Reply To ..]

AHDI test panders to the off-shore - Suck up to the off shores

[ In Reply To ..]
One of the old test questions deals with what is normal body temperature in Celsius, while Fahrenheit most common in US. BOS covers it, but why the question not in Fahrenheit?

Fahrenheit/Celsius/Metric System - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I work on site. Some of our providers use the metric system when they dictate numerical values, anyone working for an MTSO is going to encounter this and needs to know how to make the conversion. Candaa uses the metric system I don't see them as an offshore threat, although their MTs may sit for the exam. I am sure you encounter dictation on a daily basis where cm, cc and gm are referred to by American MDs. I don't see that as pandering to offshore MTs. The United States is the only country that couldn't/wouldn't learn the metric system and it has caused a lot of confusion. I'm a knitter and always have to convert meters to yards when purchasing yarn because it's manufactured for worldwide distribution and measured in meters. The question is asked in Celsius because it is something that everyone should know. The Amercian way is not the only way.
This is America. We speak English. We measure - length in inches & temp in Fahrenheit.
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes we do.... - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
Because we thought we were better than everyone else and refused to convert to the metric system. Now, instead of conforming, some people are whining about not being treated fairly on a test that asks a simple question about converting Fahrenheit to Celsius. Like it or not, the days of being #1 for us are over, the rest of the world caught up.
America is in a steady state of decline. We'll - probably be 3rd-world within 20 years.
[ In Reply To ..]
X
America is in a steady state of decline. We'll - probably be 3rd-world within 20 years. - earlymusicus
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think it'll take as long as 20 years; I'm betting on a year after the 2012 elections, the way things are going.
America is in decline because of the - Celsius scale?
[ In Reply To ..]
like, think about it.
This is medicine. We use our heads. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You may not realize that many of the most prestigious medical institutions here in America use the metric system for vitals.

They do not do this because they are turncoats. They do this because they are scientists. Do you not realize that mmHg is metric?
Hmmm, you obviously havent met some of the - doctors I transcribe for. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Not Happy - Not Happy, Either

[ In Reply To ..]
All AHDI wants (and all its prior incarnation as the AAMT wanted) is to take your money. Period.

GOING to sell us out? They sold us out YEARS AGO - Bunch of self-important hypocrites.

[ In Reply To ..]
They have done NOTHING but undermine the MT profession to the point where we make less than an office receptionist. Thanks for nothing AHDI.

And as for trying to make Congress adopt your worthless piece of paper? Good luck with that one. Who made you the HIM experts in America? Just because you say you are doesn't make it so.

I totally agree! - Old and Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Their ridiculous BOS is a prime example. Just because "they" say so, it is taken as gospel by the MTSOs. The biggest problem is,the "gospel" seems to change every year or so. If it is "gospel", it should stay the same. It is nothing but a planned obsolescence move to make more big money for them and the suckers always fall down and worship at their feet. I always wondered who died and left them in charge of transcription in the first place.

AHIMA did. They used to be in charge and they were horrible to MTs - Old Timer

[ In Reply To ..]
AHIMA had (has?) no respect for medical transcriptionists. Back in the days when they were in charge, we were treated like scum, similar but a little worse than we are treated by our own organization now.
AHIMA - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
AHIMA is the American Health Information Management Association, and represent the coding and health information management profession, they used to be AMRA (American Medical Record Assocation). They have never represented transcriptionists, I think you have them confused with AAMT.
AHDI is most certainly not MY organization. - and they never will be! nm
[ In Reply To ..]

What if they do someetimes care but don't how to fix what they broke - See message

[ In Reply To ..]
What if it was broken by earlier AAMT leaders and AHDI isn't smart enough to fix it? It may not be a matter of not wanting to do it. They may just not be smart enough.

Oh, they're smart enough. Believe me. Smart - enough to con the entire nation.

[ In Reply To ..]

They SELL the tests - Jean

[ In Reply To ..]
From what I heard, they (AHDI) SELL the CMT crdential(do not know about RMTs)to the transcriptionists in India. I was told that by someone who owns a 170-transcriptionist small MTSO.

Similar Messages:

Any Info On TransDyne? Off Shore? On Shore?
Feb 20, 2015

Any info on TransDyne? Off shore? On shore?   ...

WMX CMTs-Will You Be Renewing Your CMT...sm
Dec 18, 2009

credential when it comes up for renewal?  They aggressively pushed this credential a few years ago and I got it (I felt pressured to), but I really hear nothing about wanting a credentialed work force from the company now. Due to the fact that our insurance has really been stink-o starting last year and this year's deductible is now $500 higher with no raise in 3+ years, I am seriously thinking about dropping it.  I was wondering if anyone else was going to do that ...

Question For CMTs
Sep 19, 2011

I am thinking about taking the test to become a CMT.  If you have done this, what references would you recommend that I have in front of me while taking the test?  Has anyone failed the test on their first try and if so, can you retake it without paying a second fee?  I have been an MT for a long time and should be able to pass the test but I'm worried they might fail you for little things.  What other suggestions can anyone offer?  I know there will be people ...

CMTs Who Transition
Mar 20, 2012

Will you or have you let your CMT expire? ...

For Current (or Former) CMTs....Please.....need Advice
Aug 15, 2010

I know a lot of MTs don't feel getting credentialed is worthwhile for various reasons; however, I feel like my company is going to eventually require this of all their MTs.  Whether they are in cahoots with ADHI and it's all just a money-making scam or not I don't know. I can't worry about that.  I don't have anything against being required to be certified by the way--I just feel that if they are going to make this requirement there should be some reimbursement ...

Would Appreciate Some Help From Current CMTs To Help Me Decide
Apr 17, 2011

Does your employer offer a differential for being a CMT (Certified Medical Transcriptionist)?  I am on the fence as to whether to take the CMT test now or just wait until it becomes mandatory.  Would really appreciate some help from current CMTs to maybe sway me one way or the other.  Since I am currently looking for a new employer, this may be the perfect time for me to decide.  If I go the CMT route, then I would probably apply to companies that will pay me more for the C ...

Any MQ CMTs Out There With Thoughts On Testing? I Am Thinking About It.
May 26, 2010

All I see is the test costs $$.  I have been an MT for 5+ years and would probably pass.  How difficult is it to keep up with thier recredentialing requirements?  I don't have time to do extra "homework" for free.  If it is job-related, it should be on the clock IMO.   It is a little irritating that we have to keep being tested all the time with audits, etc., and now they are pushing us to be CMT.  If I am being pushed to meet extremely high standards, I ...

Does Anyone Know How Many Total CMTs There Currently Are In The United States?
Apr 17, 2011

Does AHDI list the total number of U.S. CMTs anywhere on their website?  I have been looking, but could not find anything.  Anyone have any idea what the number might be currently?    ...

WebmedX - VAST Layoffs, Now Firings, Even Of CMTs, 1/3 Pay
Oct 10, 2010

First continually and rapidly cutting our pay to nothing while we had to retrain on numerous systems, then mass layoffs of seasoned employees, even CMTs AND newbies, now they're trying this week to create reasons to let the rest of us go.  I think it's past time we look into A.) a class-action lawsuit and B.) go public with our outrage!  They cut our pay to nothing but continue to charge their CLIENTS too much so they lose accounts to MedQuist and start treating US like dirt? ...

Off-shore
Feb 25, 2010

Our work is going offshore faster than you can imagine.  According to posts, I see we are wondering about the lack of work, in many cases for over a year.  We are behind in getting info on this.  Google off-shore transcription or any words that will get you the info.  The information is plentiful.  Many articles state the hospitals are unaware that work is going off shore.  They just dictate, assume it goes to a central system in the states and we sit behind our des ...

Off Shore Work
Feb 17, 2010

Has anybody read the share holders minutes from Transcend, boasting about how much they are going to increase their offshore transcription within the next two years?  Email me and I can send you a copy. ...

Off Shore Transcription
May 23, 2010

Does anyone know for a fact that Transcend sends work off-shore?  Heard the rumor, and just wonder if its true after their protestations to the contrary. ...

Accounts That Do Not Off-shore
Sep 08, 2011

What I've been wondering is whether or not MQ even wants to retain the accounts that do not allow them to off-shore.  These accounts obviously do not produce the same profits.  Thoughts? ...

Company That Does Not Go Off-shore
Feb 14, 2012

Is there a company out there that is hiring that does not send most of their work out? Please email me if you know of something please.  I am needing to make a change. ...

Off Shore Working
Oct 08, 2013

Currently right now, there are 1301 employers working on our accounts off shore, whiile ony in-state 198 are working.  Now where are our jobs?  no wonder we have NJAs   ...

Anti-off-shore Petition
Nov 29, 2012

Not sure how much good it will do, but here is something interesting.  I guess it can't hurt either. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prohibit-shoring-jobs-decrease-unemployment-keep-financial-health-personal-information-safe-usa/hl0t92Mg?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl ...

Our Work Is Going Off Shore Faster Than You Can Imagine
Feb 25, 2010

Our work is going off shore faster than you can imagine.  According to posts, I see we are wondering about the lack of work, in many cases for over a year.  We are behind in getting info on this.  Google off-shore transcription or any words that will get you the info.  The information is plentiful.  Many articles state the hospitals are unaware that work is going off shore.  They just dictate, assume it goes to a central system in the states and we sit behind our desks and have so much wor ...

On-shore US Illegal Activities By Indian IT Companies
Nov 25, 2009

Related to the US transcriptionists issues with work offshoring to Indian companies, is this article series about Indian owned/run companies in the Information Technology field pulling illegal activities right here in the US in order to save money.  http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_41/b4150034732629.htm http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_41/b4150034738024.htm http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_41/b4150034736588.htm Given that these owners would d ...

Petition To Stop Sending Our Jobs Off Shore
Nov 19, 2012

There is a petition here http://wh.gov/XbqE about stopping off-shoring jobs. I saw it on facebook, and it would apply to MT, I think. They need 150 signatures for it to be put on the White House website. If our jobs were back here and not sent to other countries, maybe we could finally work and get paid enough to survive - kind of like in the "good old days." ...

Retraining Programs To Those Of Us Displaced By Work Going Off Shore
Oct 23, 2014

I know I have seen this in the past, but cannot remember what the resources were.  I consider myself displaced due to off-shoring of my work (which would cover most of us), but I cannot remember what this information was regarding getting retraining due to this situation.  Can anyone help?  Thanks so much. ...

Ever Heard Of Synovial Shore Company Where Aspirates Are Sent To Check From Knee
Sep 13, 2014

Googled it but can't find company with this name.  Sounds 100% like it though.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Pt With Wrist Fracture. "Exam Reveals *mid Shore* AV Fistulas With Good **thrill* ???
Feb 02, 2010

s ...

Anyone Know About New Changes Coming To MQ?
Dec 27, 2009

Posted on Christmas Eve!  CBAY of India has 6,500 MT's with another 800 soon and MQ has how many MT's, 3,000-4,000?  http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/62574/ CBaySystems Expands India Operations with New Mumbai Centre     NewswireToday - /newswire/ - Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, 12/24/2009 - New Centre at Mindspace2, Airoli - Plans to add 800 people by end 2010 at this new Centre.       CBaySystems, th ...

Keep Them Coming
May 12, 2011

I have posted on here many times about putting in requests to have doctors removed from ASR and have been told it doesn't do any good.  Apparently some people are listening.  I was told that they are flooded with requests now and it is taking a little longer to get to my requests reviewed.  I have also noticed that some of the doctors I used to do in ASR are no longer in ASR.  Thanks to all who are sending requests and keep them going.  Some don't get removed, ...

QA/QC Changes Coming??
Dec 14, 2014

Sure hope so.  QA  are being set up to be the "Payroll Gods".  Setting us against each other.  I know there is one particular QA that I cringe when I see her name.  She is probably a nice person and just trying to do her job, but talk about nit-picky.  She has a Master's degree in that area. ...

Look Out For More New MT's Coming On Board.
Jan 29, 2010

Obama announced a new tax break for every new employee hired will get a 5,000 tax break and up to 500,000 total for each company who hires new employees.  My congressman is going to hear from tomrrow when I call his office.  You all know how MQ loves to hire new employees and I sure hope they do not plan on getting rid of us old ones and if they do?  I see ANOTHER lawsuit coming called age discrimination.  ...

What's The World Coming To
Feb 19, 2010

On my every-other-month audit by my QTL I lost points for expanding Clostridium difficule, but SHE wanted me to put (I kid you not) C Diff. Now I have been reading stories by newswriters about E-coli, but I'm still putting E. coli. Please don't tell me those idiot biddies at AHDI have changed the "rules" on us again.  I also make money typing papers for professional journals, and I really HATE dumbing myself down for MQ. and...I'm still getting broken jobs with terms like ...

How To Get Downtime Pay You Have Coming To You
Oct 07, 2010

Okay people, if you were in the middle of your shift, or you could not sign on for your shift, make sure you filed a Q-care ticket and notified your CCM.  Mine has been sending E-mails throughout the day stating that she KNOWS that DQS is still down even though it shows a green light.  By Medquists own Policy description for downtime for ME/MTs, this definitely qualifies.  Go to MQ Central Home page---Human Resources---policies.  At the bottom of the page there is a link call ...

Christmas Is Coming!!!!!
Nov 16, 2010

So what do you think we'll get as a Christmas present this year?  A new mouse pad, an envelope opener, perhaps a pencil with the Medquist logo on it, an eraser maybe?  Oh, the possibilities are endless!!  I'm sooooo excited, I just can't wait!  After all, we know how much Medquist appreciates us by the way they treat us!   Oh wait, I forgot, there have never been even cost of living raises let alone merit raises.  Oh wait, I forgot ...

Does Anyone Know When The TransTech W2 Will Be Coming Out? Nm
Jan 13, 2011