A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keystrokes layoffs? - sm

Posted: May 30, 2014

I just read that KS is laying off, can anyone confirm? 

http://www.thelayoff.com/keystrokes-transcription-service

I know this ... - their HR person is gone. n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

That would be a good thing - JD?

[ In Reply To ..]
She is the most unfair, cold person I've ever dealt with there, other than CS.

Yes ... - JD n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Not transcriptionists, all office staff. Three took other positions within KS. sm - KS Lead MT

[ In Reply To ..]
They let go a programmer, a clerical person, an HR person, a coordinator moved positions and one sales person. The sales person did not sell anything in almost a year, and the HR person was cold as ice. I don't know the programmer or the clerical person. The HR was a great source of company gossip, but was a bit full of herself IMO.

KS info too - Beth

[ In Reply To ..]
The coordinator did not move positions but got demoted. The programmer was very instrumental in the development of ChartNet. The sales person -- she did land some new accounts that are still coing on. The clerical person was just hired a few months ago. These firings were because of $$$ --- KS is having to chop people once again to get enough $ to make payroll. If the MTs do not start looking for a second job, even part-time, they are going to be in a bad place next year - IMO.

How do you know it's to meet payroll and not a - restructure to make more? Where

[ In Reply To ..]
did you get this information? Just wondering because this board is full of speculation and one's idea of what is happening with any given MTSO over fact.

Fact or alleged?

Agreed - Tam

[ In Reply To ..]
If this isn't a huge red flag to the MTs at KS, I don't know what is. I saw this coming when I left back in 2011.

Most of your information is wrong. sm - LongTimeKSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
The programmer was did not develop Chartnet, that was developed before they bought the company a few years back. The sales person did not even land one account in 9 months. The coordinator was not demoted; they think very highly of her, and the position was not good for her. You really don't know. I don't know about the CSS person, but she was fairly new. So, sometimes "lay-offs" are disguised as such so as not to hurt the feelings of the people being let go. I had to do the same when I owned a service, and it had nothing to do with money at all. All companies make changes not just transcription. No one really knows except those who made the decisions. I only know what I put at the top of this reply, but I do know those are facts.
Correction - TomQ
[ In Reply To ..]
I doubt a company lets six people go at once just because they want to spare their feelings.
The programmer that was let go was indeed a Chartnet developer.

No memo's yet to say anybody - no longer there.

[ In Reply To ..]
We got a memo a month or 2 ago when a QA person was no longer with them.

Just so my pretty busy e-scription account stays the same !!

still let go for $ - not restructuring - SL

[ In Reply To ..]
I heard this from one of the firee's......

of course they would say that. They were fired. need to blame something. sm - Not KS

[ In Reply To ..]
If I was fired, I would not say it was because I didn't do my job. I would blame anything and everything else. I'm sure someone who is fired doesn't have nice things to say about the company they are fired from.
Why would it matter anyway to anyone? Most health companies, hospitals and vendors are tightening t - It would be foolish not to
[ In Reply To ..]
Look at how many hospitals are laying off hundreds of employees, not just transcriptionists. And look at companies in general. Every day, I see articles and news reports about thousands being laid off. I would rather see an MTSO lay off office people than all the MT's and send the work to India or Phillipines.
In other words, you would rather see it happen to others and not yourself. - Selfish selfie
[ In Reply To ..]
Comment has to be from some Key Joker.
Duh, YEAH. I have a family to feed, rent to meet. Of course I want MY kids - to have a home and food. Geesh. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Sounds reasonable - TomQ
[ In Reply To ..]
If you saw layoffs coming at your employer, would you hope they hit you instead of your coworker? Would you stand up and say "Fire me first"?
There's nothing at all wrong with hoping the layoffs hit some other group.

Similar Messages:

Where Are The Layoffs
Apr 07, 2013

Unless I missed something, no one has said if there were specific regions where many MTs were laid off. Perhaps MM is going about this region by region. I am a Tier 3 part-timer and have not received a call. Of course, my mgr said it was all a rumor -- yea, right. I agree with those who said we are being replaced by India. I'd love to know MM's timetable for this -- and their thinking behind who goes here and who stays. I have had more than enough work from my primary account ...

Maybe This Had Something To Do With The Layoffs.
Aug 20, 2013

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:E0vrOZbvAZAJ:www.klasresearch.com/print/%3Furl%3D/research/export/print/segment.aspx%3Fid%3D78+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a Data was retrieved by on Saturday, August 10, 2013.   Front-End Speech (FES) – system used for real-time voice to text conversion by clinicians enabling them to start, edit, complete, and sign off on notes or reports withoutsing transcription services.&n ...

LAYOFFS/PASSWORDS
Apr 04, 2013

I know this board is consumed right now about the layoffs but I have question. HAD to call Support yesterday and today, and was told that I cannot change my password in Ipswitch. He said only the techs could do it for me and that I am not allowed to have a personal password!! Never heard of such a thing. My head is spinning after talking to him. Are all you out there able to change your password?  So sorry to the person(s) that got laid off.  A job is a job and it's always sad t ...

Layoffs/Terminations
Apr 11, 2013

Think I will get the proverbial axe on Monday or Tuesday - Tuesday should be the first day of my new pay period according to my schedule.  After the corrective action for low LPH and many other things bugging me - definitely kept asking questions and when one did not answer, or answer fully, went higher, and also to HR.  I really did love this job and it makes me so angry and depressed all at once at how things have gotten so awful!  I did finally get them to finally acknowledge t ...

April Layoffs
Jul 24, 2013

I was laid off April 4th.  Supervisor was sorry she had to make the call as there was no problem with my work.  Had been with company 16 years and worked 7 days a week, third shift, split shift, part time.  It is all working out though, collecting unemployment and in school thanks to TAA.  Everything is paid for: books, tuition, supplies and if school is 50 miles from home, a gas allowance is available.  UE office said I could attend any college I chose and that thi ...

MModal Layoffs
Aug 17, 2013

Anyone wanting to discuss the lay offs by MModal and the commonaliities of people laid off, please contact me through the "reply by email" button below or through this board. We were fired because our jobs were outsourced.  The person who called and told about this "transition" admited it when I asked.   Company loyalty means nothing to these people; they're just big business.  I feel sorry for middle management, who probably know they're next to go. ...

Layoffs -- If You Look In The MQ Address Book
Jun 02, 2010

nm ...

Latest Layoffs, Can We Figure Out
Jun 08, 2010

from what areas? SA4/South CCM is the same, but one regional director was changed from a guy to a woman I'm not familiar with. ...

Wonder How The Webmedx Layoffs Will Affect
Sep 02, 2010

I wonder if this is an "open the floodgates" kind of thing and will have a domino effect and more companies (like Medquist) will start laying off, too. Anybody have any comment on this? ...

Scan Medical Layoffs
May 21, 2011

I think I had posted this on the wrong board.  For those of you that lost their accounts at Scan Medical along with me where did you all go.  Did anyone try to go with the accounts to the new company or just start looking for jobs again. ...

Layoffs Curious If The Ones Laid Off
Apr 05, 2013

got an email from amy about all mt meeying on april 17?.  i got that email and 20 minutes later board was full of talks of layoffs.  just wondering if i got the email because im safe or if everyone got it ...

I Just Read The Posts Below About Layoffs.
Apr 05, 2013

The layoffs seem to be posts from Evelyn, Liz, Donna, Sue, Lee, Ruth, Pegge, Ginger and so on.  Another post stated she talked to her TSM and it was all rumors.  I do not mean to offend anyone, but I am part time and have overtime work tonight and for this weekend.  Maybe due to people being laid off??   The thing is, I do not work my hours like I should because I am so SICK of this job after being here way too many years to care anymore.  I have another job ...

Medical Transcription Layoffs
Sep 29, 2013

Many MTs are losing their jobs or grossly under-employed due to outsourcing.   The salary for many is insufficient to live off of in the USA. These MTs have been very loyal, flexible, highly productive employees that are committed to excellence.  How did we get to this point where hardworking, loyal medical transcriptionists are no longer valued as employees by even the "Best Companies?"  What can we do to keep MTs in the USA from being hungry and living in poverty level? These ...

M-Modal Hiring Now After Layoffs?
Oct 14, 2013

Why is M-Modal running an ad for hiring when they recently laid off so many transcriptionists? ...

Layoffs After EPIC Implementation
Jun 05, 2014

Has anyone worked where EPIC has been implemented?  Did transcription work pick up after initial drop off or were there layoffs? ...

Layoffs, Acquisitions, Economy, Companies. Sm
Sep 03, 2010

With the economy the way it is, layoffs happen.  Do you really think that companies like to lay people off?  If they lay people off, there is less being transcribed and less being invoiced and less profit lining their pockets.  While I agree that email seems a cold way to lay people off, what option did they have?  Everyone works remotely, right?  If they started to make phone calls, it would've caused a panic for those who weren't being laid off.  This wa ...

CONTACT LOCAL NEWSPAPERS ABOUT LAYOFFS!
Sep 03, 2010

If anyone is in the Atlanta, Georgia area or in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area who was laid off 2 days ago by Webmedx and is obviously still upset about it, as I am, I think it would be a good idea to notify any local newspapers in these 2 cities regarding the recent massive layoff at Webmedx, Inc. I believe the Atlanta office is their headquarters and the Pittsburgh office is their operations office.  I know they also have an office in Brentwood, Tennessee, but I'm ...

Don't Be Too Shocked By Christmas Layoffs And Firings
Dec 14, 2011

I used to work for a company that had an annual Christmas layoff. It was almost a joke with those of us who had survived the latest round. Most companies have a budget. In bad times they tend to run out of money at the end of the year. It's rotten and shows poor planning, but nobody should be shocked when it happens. ...

WebmedX - VAST Layoffs, Now Firings, Even Of CMTs, 1/3 Pay
Oct 10, 2010

First continually and rapidly cutting our pay to nothing while we had to retrain on numerous systems, then mass layoffs of seasoned employees, even CMTs AND newbies, now they're trying this week to create reasons to let the rest of us go.  I think it's past time we look into A.) a class-action lawsuit and B.) go public with our outrage!  They cut our pay to nothing but continue to charge their CLIENTS too much so they lose accounts to MedQuist and start treating US like dirt? ...

Has Anyone Worked Anywhere In ANY Field Where Employees Were Told Of Impending Layoffs?
Sep 03, 2010

I've been working since I was 15 years old in various fields and have witnessed many, many layoffs.  Although I have usually been in a position where I was privvy to the details of when the layoff would take place and who was on the list to be cut, I have NEVER worked anywhere where the employees to be laid off were given a heads-up beforehand.  Sure, rumors would circulate about the impending cuts, but I've never heard of employers actually warning an employee that they were ...

Keystrokes....
Nov 05, 2009

I know that there have been many negative posts concerning Keystrokes.  Is this Meditech platform that they use difficult to catch onto?  ...

Keystrokes 100% QA
Feb 15, 2010

I'm new to Keystrokes and just found out I barely didn't pass my very first audit to get off 100% QA.  Does anybody know how long they give you to get this 98% passing score before they fire you? ...

DD For Keystrokes?
Jul 01, 2010

I have given notice but including today have 2 checks coming.  To my surprise, the deposit is not in my account today. Has anyone else not gotten their DD from Keystrokes? ...

Keystrokes Help
Apr 27, 2010

I was wondering if anybody knew who I'd contact about trying to add secondary accounts to work on.  I've sent a couple of emails out but I'm not sure I sent them to the right people. ...

Keystrokes Job
May 28, 2010

Read the job opening for Keystrokes and also talked with the recruiter.  Can anybody here who works(ed) for and Keystrokes give real, hands-on experience for working for them?  I've had many instances where how it really is isn't how the recruiter said it would be and don't want to get burned again.   I'd really like to know the good and bad about the company upfront before I decide whether or not to accept the job.  Please don't ...

Keystrokes And VR?
Aug 27, 2010

Does anyone know if Keystrokes uses VR?  I am working with VR at the currently company I am working for and I don't like it.  I'm considering applying with Keystrokes.  ...

KEYSTROKES AGAIN!!
Jun 18, 2011

Seems some companies just do not learn after being sued for unpaid overtime.  Here is another one filed on June 2, 2011 - Whitaker v Keystrokes Transcription - here is the link http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/illinois/ilndce/1:2011cv03734/256349/1/     ...

Over 90,000 Keystrokes
Nov 10, 2010

and QA dings me for one.  Unbelievable.  That's what it averages for 1400 lines a day full-time.  Even with 3 cups of coffee and an office chair seat belt, it's no easy feat.  Ninety-thousand keystrokes PER DAY.  That's not including the ADT, the Internet look-ups, etc.  Throw me a bone here, QA. How many keystrokes to you do, PERFECTLY?? ...

OSI And Keystrokes
Jan 17, 2011

Just wondering about OSI and Keystrokes.  I recently have applied to both of these and looks like I could be hired by either one (have already done the testing).  Could anyway tell me how they are to work for.  Do they do voice recognition? And anyone know their pay rates? ...

Keystrokes W-2's
Jan 21, 2011

Has anyone from KS heard yet when they will be mailing out the W-2's?  ...