A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone know how many total CMTs there currently are in the United States? - Curious

Posted: Apr 17, 2011

Does AHDI list the total number of U.S. CMTs anywhere on their website?  I have been looking, but could not find anything.  Anyone have any idea what the number might be currently? 

You're right - sweetgirlsmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry.

Not asking about how many Medical Transcriptionists, but how many CERTIFIED MTs - Sorry I was not clear to you

[ In Reply To ..]

Trying to use the subject line sometimes does not allow for readers to understand the question.  Sorry I was not clear in what I was asking for or you misread the question.

I was wondering how many Certified Medical Transcriptionists there are - something I am positive is not part of the Department of Labor statistics. 

Surprised to see there aren't actually that many... - Hi there!

[ In Reply To ..]
I went to ADHI's "credentialed professionals directory" and searched for CMTs in the USA, with only 2679 results returned.

Here's the linky-link:

http://www.ahdionline.org/Certification/CredentialedProfessionalsDirectory/tabid/517/DSResult/T/NameCredentials/cmt/CountryCode/usa/Default.aspx

Thank you so much. - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks.

You're very welcome! (nm) - Hi there!

[ In Reply To ..]

so, 13 MTSOs pay more for CMT to 2679 MTs. - plus they are certifying India MTs.

[ In Reply To ..]

not paying to..sorry, but ratio is 2679 to 13... - not good. NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Thanks for posting that. Very interesting... - Surprised only 8 in my entire state. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Too Bad The United States Wont Do This.
Apr 24, 2014

It's about time somebody starts this, or has the guts to make such a law and enforce it. I'd love to see it here.   For heaven's sake, I had exchange students years ago who came here from Europe who spoke a hundred times better than some of these morons we transcribe.  I believe half of it is sheer laziness, maybe they simply don't care to make the effort to speak better, thinking possibly that if good enough gets them through life, that's all the more ef ...

What Is Your Opinion Of Nuance Transcription And United Transcription (United In Charlotte, NC)
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered a position with both.  I have; however, in the past, had a position where the employer still owes me $6000.  Does United pay and have the work?  Does Nuance have enough work for me?  I need full time work guaranteed income, like everyone else.  Good luck to all out there! ...

WMX CMTs-Will You Be Renewing Your CMT...sm
Dec 18, 2009

credential when it comes up for renewal?  They aggressively pushed this credential a few years ago and I got it (I felt pressured to), but I really hear nothing about wanting a credentialed work force from the company now. Due to the fact that our insurance has really been stink-o starting last year and this year's deductible is now $500 higher with no raise in 3+ years, I am seriously thinking about dropping it.  I was wondering if anyone else was going to do that ...

Question For CMTs
Sep 19, 2011

I am thinking about taking the test to become a CMT.  If you have done this, what references would you recommend that I have in front of me while taking the test?  Has anyone failed the test on their first try and if so, can you retake it without paying a second fee?  I have been an MT for a long time and should be able to pass the test but I'm worried they might fail you for little things.  What other suggestions can anyone offer?  I know there will be people ...

CMTs Who Transition
Mar 20, 2012

Will you or have you let your CMT expire? ...

For Current (or Former) CMTs....Please.....need Advice
Aug 15, 2010

I know a lot of MTs don't feel getting credentialed is worthwhile for various reasons; however, I feel like my company is going to eventually require this of all their MTs.  Whether they are in cahoots with ADHI and it's all just a money-making scam or not I don't know. I can't worry about that.  I don't have anything against being required to be certified by the way--I just feel that if they are going to make this requirement there should be some reimbursement ...

More CMTs Coming From Off-shore
Dec 18, 2010

New CMT & RMT tests out, so off-shore will be teaching to the tests big time.  This is going on in our industry and others; but savvy big companies are awake and tweaking certification testing to catch the problem; not sure ADHI is sophisticated enough for that.  I am really NOT sure they WANT to address that issue.  Watch the flood of new CMTs from off-shore...and what it does to availability of our jobs.  (Yet there will be the re ...

Would Appreciate Some Help From Current CMTs To Help Me Decide
Apr 17, 2011

Does your employer offer a differential for being a CMT (Certified Medical Transcriptionist)?  I am on the fence as to whether to take the CMT test now or just wait until it becomes mandatory.  Would really appreciate some help from current CMTs to maybe sway me one way or the other.  Since I am currently looking for a new employer, this may be the perfect time for me to decide.  If I go the CMT route, then I would probably apply to companies that will pay me more for the C ...

Any MQ CMTs Out There With Thoughts On Testing? I Am Thinking About It.
May 26, 2010

All I see is the test costs $$.  I have been an MT for 5+ years and would probably pass.  How difficult is it to keep up with thier recredentialing requirements?  I don't have time to do extra "homework" for free.  If it is job-related, it should be on the clock IMO.   It is a little irritating that we have to keep being tested all the time with audits, etc., and now they are pushing us to be CMT.  If I am being pushed to meet extremely high standards, I ...

WebmedX - VAST Layoffs, Now Firings, Even Of CMTs, 1/3 Pay
Oct 10, 2010

First continually and rapidly cutting our pay to nothing while we had to retrain on numerous systems, then mass layoffs of seasoned employees, even CMTs AND newbies, now they're trying this week to create reasons to let the rest of us go.  I think it's past time we look into A.) a class-action lawsuit and B.) go public with our outrage!  They cut our pay to nothing but continue to charge their CLIENTS too much so they lose accounts to MedQuist and start treating US like dirt? ...

Any MTs Looking For A Job From States Where
Jun 22, 2014

the minimum wage is higher than $8/hr having a difficult time finding a job? I am hoping to hear that there are MTs recently laid off or quit who have fairly easily found another MT job, living in a state (such as CA, WA, OR etc) where the minimum wage is higher than average. I am wondering if companies are ignoring applicants from these states? I so hope I am wrong. ...

Type "Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...." Or "A Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...&quo
Apr 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the more preferred way to type the above sentence would be?   Also, should I not use commas before "dated" and after the date or should I just straight type it "The report dated 08/12/09 states...."  We have a few different opinions in the office (which only dictated and have somewhat poor use of the English language) and I would like to see what you, the MT community, thinks.   Thanks! ...

Regarding Breaks In Certain States
Nov 14, 2009

I lost the email, but supposedly I get a 10-minute break after 4 hours. Do I clock out of DQS but stay clocked on at ScheduleSource or do I stay logged onto both and walk away from the computer for 10 minutes? Does it show up on the time card or only on the pay stub. Does anyone know the details? Thank you. ...

S/l DCS. Doc States Neuro: DCS 15. (Pt. Is 15)
Feb 03, 2010

doc states in neuro: DCS 15. (Pt is a 15 year old girl). I think this is her own slang.  Any ideas? ...

United Health
May 02, 2010

I have a good friend who left the Q and is working in a doctor's office.  They have to confirm insurance coverage ON some of their patients.  While doing so, she had to contact United Health.  The call was answered in INDIA!!! ...

United Transcription?
Jun 13, 2010

Good or bad?  ...

OMG! Below There Is A Post That States...
May 21, 2013

"At least, I was smart enough to get out of here."  REALLY! pfffft. It doesn't take smarts to run, it takes smarts to make a change for the better.  There is a big difference. Why don't you get off attack mode? I would keep this job until I got something else, i.e., something is better than nothing when your paycheck pays for food.  How self-centered. ...

United Transcription Out Of NC
Jul 12, 2013

I wanted to see if anybody had any current information on United Transcription out of North Carolina.  What is their communication like, training, pay, workload, etc...  Any info would be great!  Thanks! ...

United Transcription Of NC
Sep 04, 2013

Has anyone worked for, currently work for, or know of anyone who has worked for United Transcription of North Carolina?  They seem nice on the phone, but was wondering what the workload was like, percentage of ESLs, and the ability to earn a better-than-below minimum wage paycheck. Thanks!  ...

Inside States...
Apr 24, 2014

Inscribe posted on job seeker's site, the new state laws do not allow them to hire from California.  What is that all about?  Geez.. ...

Total Hip
Dec 14, 2009

Patient had bilateral total hip arthroplasties.  Under radiographs DR dictates "good calcar s/l nerve resporption."  I know calcar resporption is appropriate in this context, but I have never heard nerve dictated along with it.  Is this common or could I be hearing a stutter?  Thanks! ...

On Med List. Dr. States S/l Polyvinyl. ???? TIA.
Oct 23, 2009

nm ...

Any Info On United Transcription Out Of NC?
Nov 29, 2009

Hi.  Was hoping that someone could give me some information regarding United Transcription out of North Carolina??  Any details would be very much appreciated  ...

United Transcription Anybody Currently Working
Mar 29, 2010

there who can give me the pay rate, good, bad and the ugly, if any. ...

United Testing Anybody Heard Anything Yet?
Apr 02, 2010

Took the written and the dictation test, but have not heard anything yet.  Just wondering if anybody else took both tests and is waiting also. ...

United Health/Axolotl
Aug 06, 2011

Recently started with Axolotl (now part of United Health Group). I have 18 years experience and the account they put me on has to be THE WORST I have ever experienced, 99.9% horrible ESL's, on top of which their M*Modal platform is very, very slow. I have worked at other companies using M*Modal and did not find this to be the case with them. This account is VR and they pay by the hour because apparently the dictators and platform are so bad, an MT can't make any money by the line. Also ...

Does Anyone Have Any Information On United Transcription?
Apr 27, 2012

Does anyone have any information on United Transcription?  Do they have straight typing or VR?  Any info would be much appreciated.  I took the dictation part of the test today and am waiting to hear back from them. ...

SYNERNET Not Hiring From Certain States
May 03, 2012

Has anyone else had trouble with companies not hiring because of state laws with Workmans Compensation.  I did all the testing required for a company and then I get an email back stating they do not hire people from Ohio due to the workers comp laws.  It would be really nice for companies to take the time and list the states they will not hire from so we do not waste our time doing unnecessary testing.  The company is Synernet ...

What The Deal Is With United Transcription
Aug 08, 2012

Does anyone know what the deal is with United Transcription. I have a ton of experience but obviously not good enough. What is it they are looking for or not looking for? Cannot find much on the company, starting to wonder about whether this is even legit or not. Please advise. Thanks. ...

I Have Applied At United Transcription. . .
Aug 13, 2012

. . . so we'll see.  I don't particularly like that they give you a choice of set shifts, even as an IC, which is what I want, because I have to juggle my work with another job as a travel agent.  However, I HAVE to have at least 1000 lines a day to keep me going between commissions.  I usually work in the evenings and early in the morning and I have no problem with TAT.  I don't need to be babysat and held to a set schedule, since I have been doing this for 20 ...