A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TSM firings. sm - Ben Tover

Posted: Jan 09, 2015

I suspected she would be, but hoped against all hopes that my TSM would not be fired.  Not only was she fired, but they did it in a cold, calculating way in a 5 minute conference call and once she hung up she was left with nothing.  No insurance.  No job.  No offer to even type for Nuance.  The only TSMs that were fired from my original company were the TSMs who were fighting for us or basically "wouldn't kiss ass."  She told me that she had hoped and prayed her MTs had "read between the lines" in her communications with us before today.  I told her that we had.  That actually took some of the sting out.  She felt that all of the MTs who had worked for her at the "old company" would think badly of her and that it killed her to feed us the company crap.  She also told me that the last two months were pure hell for her.  She warned me that the TSM replacing her was not going to make me happy.  That's ok.  I am still working on getting fired myself.  When I show my state unemployment department what they did to us with this compensation plan, I am pretty damned sure I will get unemployment and I shall enjoy every nickel of it!

JB...you were and still are one of the best supervisors I have ever had. 

Similar Messages:

What Is Going On With The Firings?
Jun 14, 2011

I was considering going back to MQ because my current job (which I love) is going bye bye (very small local company).  Now I am wondering what the heck is up????   Why are they doing this? ...

Don't Be Too Shocked By Christmas Layoffs And Firings
Dec 14, 2011

I used to work for a company that had an annual Christmas layoff. It was almost a joke with those of us who had survived the latest round. Most companies have a budget. In bad times they tend to run out of money at the end of the year. It's rotten and shows poor planning, but nobody should be shocked when it happens. ...

My Rant About The America's Pride Firings
Sep 04, 2012

I'm surprised there is no thread about the America's Pride firings last Friday. I've been with them for years, and for nearly two have been unable to get any decent work. Over a year ago I was put on a new account that they promptly lost. The other account I had transitioned to mostly VR with only a few jobs coming in. When I asked to be added to other accounts, I received no response. Recently I asked to be on the new DC account, then got a rather vague email saying that DC woul ...

WebmedX - VAST Layoffs, Now Firings, Even Of CMTs, 1/3 Pay
Oct 10, 2010

First continually and rapidly cutting our pay to nothing while we had to retrain on numerous systems, then mass layoffs of seasoned employees, even CMTs AND newbies, now they're trying this week to create reasons to let the rest of us go.  I think it's past time we look into A.) a class-action lawsuit and B.) go public with our outrage!  They cut our pay to nothing but continue to charge their CLIENTS too much so they lose accounts to MedQuist and start treating US like dirt? ...

Interesting Thought Re Audits, PM, Firings, And Quitting
Jul 24, 2014

MTs have been leaving this profession in significant numbers in the last few years due to the pay, the lack of work, companies going out of business, voice recognition, and especially at MM with audits, performance management, firings, and disgruntled employees.  At the same time, you seldom see or hear of new MTs signing up and going through the schools to get certified.  The New MTs board is a good indication.  You also seldom see advertisements these days for MT training (for g ...