A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wonder how the Webmedx layoffs will affect - us here at the Q?...sm

Posted: Sep 02, 2010

I wonder if this is an "open the floodgates" kind of thing and will have a domino effect and more companies (like Medquist) will start laying off, too. Anybody have any comment on this?

at least they got laid off... we just get messed with - until we quit or get fired

[ In Reply To ..]
If we got laid off, at least we could get TAA benefits.

You can get TAA benefits, and even while working - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
here. MQ is an exception. A petition was filed, and, because MQ sends almost all their work offshore, we can get TAA benefits without being laid off. According to previous posts, take a copy of the petition with you as the TAA workers are ignorant about this. Don't start or pay for any retraining before filing for TAA - you are not allowed to start until the government gives you the money. Unfortunately, sorta :), I was pro-active and had started training for another career before this petition was granted (didn't know such was in progress), so I was not eligible. The good news is, by being proactive, I am finishing a year earlier than if I had waited. I am now finished with school and taking the tests for my license. I'll be working in the medical field giving care - something that can't be offshored! I got my training at a community college, and I consider what I paid a bargain compared to the cost of those private "career" colleges (usually inferior training too). As far as those in rural areas or not close to a community college that has vocational training, one of my classmates was from such an area and bit the bullet and came out for the school year. It wasn't easy for her, but she did it.
http://forum.mtstars.com/sticky.php?id=92 (top of this formum)
http://forum.mtstars.com/180583.html (post with petition contents)

DNR - copy of petition? - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The second link did not work, as it said they were updating the system. Do you have another one?
Here's another link.for info. - dnr
[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.doleta.gov/ETA_News_Releases/20091212.cfm

MQ is too shady and underhanded to do the right thing and lay people off if need be......so we can - Kiki1

[ In Reply To ..]
at least collect unemployment/TAA benefits. They are sheisters who don't want to shell out 1 single cent for that. They'd rather play slimy games until we've had enough of their shenanigans (I really mean the other "sh" word) and quit.

As for how or if it will affect us remains to be seen. I don't think we have to worry about an influx of former WedMedEx'ers trying to apply at MQ, as MQ's rep precedes them....... But now it will just put more MTs looking for jobs and make it harder for those who want to leave MQ.

On the company board - it states

[ In Reply To ..]
that they think MQ acquired the 2 ;ost accounts from Webmedex. If that is the case then more work for you fortunate ones.

It's true and 1 of the accounts is utterly horrible sm - webba

[ In Reply To ..]
Picky picky and of course with the worst mushmouth ESL dictators, crappy sound and pages of exceptions to their picky rules.

When companies stop catering to these picky demands and standardize medical documentation, we will all be better off. Any "errors" the facility felt were occurring were all DEMOGRAPHIC or related to an exception for 1 or 2 dictators as to the routing of the work.

Similar Messages:

WebmedX - VAST Layoffs, Now Firings, Even Of CMTs, 1/3 Pay
Oct 10, 2010

First continually and rapidly cutting our pay to nothing while we had to retrain on numerous systems, then mass layoffs of seasoned employees, even CMTs AND newbies, now they're trying this week to create reasons to let the rest of us go.  I think it's past time we look into A.) a class-action lawsuit and B.) go public with our outrage!  They cut our pay to nothing but continue to charge their CLIENTS too much so they lose accounts to MedQuist and start treating US like dirt? ...

WEBMEDX Line Counting Could Affect ALL MTSOs,a Must Read
Aug 19, 2010

http://www.executivehm.com/article/Transcription-in-the-21st-century/ This article (above link)  has quotes from present COO of Wedmedx who is President of MTIA and used to be former Spheris boss.  This article explains how the MTSOs want our lines counted.  It explains how they want to take away all keystrokes that cannot be seen by the naked eye.  Won't this effectively save the hospitals and MTSOs from paying MTs for up to 1/3 of the keystrokes w ...

Where Are The Layoffs
Apr 07, 2013

Unless I missed something, no one has said if there were specific regions where many MTs were laid off. Perhaps MM is going about this region by region. I am a Tier 3 part-timer and have not received a call. Of course, my mgr said it was all a rumor -- yea, right. I agree with those who said we are being replaced by India. I'd love to know MM's timetable for this -- and their thinking behind who goes here and who stays. I have had more than enough work from my primary account ...

Maybe This Had Something To Do With The Layoffs.
Aug 20, 2013

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:E0vrOZbvAZAJ:www.klasresearch.com/print/%3Furl%3D/research/export/print/segment.aspx%3Fid%3D78+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a Data was retrieved by on Saturday, August 10, 2013.   Front-End Speech (FES) – system used for real-time voice to text conversion by clinicians enabling them to start, edit, complete, and sign off on notes or reports withoutsing transcription services.&n ...

LAYOFFS/PASSWORDS
Apr 04, 2013

I know this board is consumed right now about the layoffs but I have question. HAD to call Support yesterday and today, and was told that I cannot change my password in Ipswitch. He said only the techs could do it for me and that I am not allowed to have a personal password!! Never heard of such a thing. My head is spinning after talking to him. Are all you out there able to change your password?  So sorry to the person(s) that got laid off.  A job is a job and it's always sad t ...

Layoffs/Terminations
Apr 11, 2013

Think I will get the proverbial axe on Monday or Tuesday - Tuesday should be the first day of my new pay period according to my schedule.  After the corrective action for low LPH and many other things bugging me - definitely kept asking questions and when one did not answer, or answer fully, went higher, and also to HR.  I really did love this job and it makes me so angry and depressed all at once at how things have gotten so awful!  I did finally get them to finally acknowledge t ...

April Layoffs
Jul 24, 2013

I was laid off April 4th.  Supervisor was sorry she had to make the call as there was no problem with my work.  Had been with company 16 years and worked 7 days a week, third shift, split shift, part time.  It is all working out though, collecting unemployment and in school thanks to TAA.  Everything is paid for: books, tuition, supplies and if school is 50 miles from home, a gas allowance is available.  UE office said I could attend any college I chose and that thi ...

MModal Layoffs
Aug 17, 2013

Anyone wanting to discuss the lay offs by MModal and the commonaliities of people laid off, please contact me through the "reply by email" button below or through this board. We were fired because our jobs were outsourced.  The person who called and told about this "transition" admited it when I asked.   Company loyalty means nothing to these people; they're just big business.  I feel sorry for middle management, who probably know they're next to go. ...

Keystrokes Layoffs?
May 30, 2014

I just read that KS is laying off, can anyone confirm?  http://www.thelayoff.com/keystrokes-transcription-service ...

Affect And ?? Appear Appropriate
Jul 22, 2010

"Gait and coordination are intact.  Affect and ----- appear appropriate."  Almost sounds like "episode."  Part of a regular physical examination. You can tell I've been stuck on Ortho for a year, because I've forgotten how to do physical examinations.  Ugh. ...

Layoffs -- If You Look In The MQ Address Book
Jun 02, 2010

nm ...

Latest Layoffs, Can We Figure Out
Jun 08, 2010

from what areas? SA4/South CCM is the same, but one regional director was changed from a guy to a woman I'm not familiar with. ...

Scan Medical Layoffs
May 21, 2011

I think I had posted this on the wrong board.  For those of you that lost their accounts at Scan Medical along with me where did you all go.  Did anyone try to go with the accounts to the new company or just start looking for jobs again. ...

Layoffs Curious If The Ones Laid Off
Apr 05, 2013

got an email from amy about all mt meeying on april 17?.  i got that email and 20 minutes later board was full of talks of layoffs.  just wondering if i got the email because im safe or if everyone got it ...

I Just Read The Posts Below About Layoffs.
Apr 05, 2013

The layoffs seem to be posts from Evelyn, Liz, Donna, Sue, Lee, Ruth, Pegge, Ginger and so on.  Another post stated she talked to her TSM and it was all rumors.  I do not mean to offend anyone, but I am part time and have overtime work tonight and for this weekend.  Maybe due to people being laid off??   The thing is, I do not work my hours like I should because I am so SICK of this job after being here way too many years to care anymore.  I have another job ...

Medical Transcription Layoffs
Sep 29, 2013

Many MTs are losing their jobs or grossly under-employed due to outsourcing.   The salary for many is insufficient to live off of in the USA. These MTs have been very loyal, flexible, highly productive employees that are committed to excellence.  How did we get to this point where hardworking, loyal medical transcriptionists are no longer valued as employees by even the "Best Companies?"  What can we do to keep MTs in the USA from being hungry and living in poverty level? These ...

M-Modal Hiring Now After Layoffs?
Oct 14, 2013

Why is M-Modal running an ad for hiring when they recently laid off so many transcriptionists? ...

Layoffs After EPIC Implementation
Jun 05, 2014

Has anyone worked where EPIC has been implemented?  Did transcription work pick up after initial drop off or were there layoffs? ...

Effect Or Affect?
Nov 11, 2009

1) The patient will be given medication to effect bowel movement prior to discharge today.   OR--   2) The patient will be given medication to affect bowel movement prior to discharge today. ...

Affect Vs Effect ?
Nov 24, 2009

Just finishing up the night shift and want to go to bed and let the Sudafed take me away.  I'm thinking it's affect (the noun), but just want some input to be sure (overtired paranoia setting in).  Of course, this is the last note of the night too.  If I weren't tired, I know I wouldn't be doubting myself.  I have given her a note to that affect. - or - I have given her a note to that effect. Thanks! ...

Side Affect
Dec 21, 2009

She has severe arthritis in the hips which is chronic and was attributed to previous use of steroids and due to cause (divedious). What could this word be? Does anyone know? ...

Affect/Effect
Jun 10, 2010

The doc I work for frequently says "and he will increase the dosage until he experiences exessive side effects or good affect." I know the first "side effects" is correct, but I believe the later he means "good effect" and he just says it incorrectly, but I question myself each time. Is there anyone who can clarify this for me? I am most appreciative! ...

Affect And Effect
Oct 08, 2010

Significant artifact affecting the resting phase of the study. Is this correct or should it be effecting?  This is not a test. It is an actual report I am doing this morning.  My mind is shot. ...

Affect Or Effect
Apr 05, 2011

Is there an easy way to know if you should use affect or effect? ...

Affect Vs. Effect
Feb 11, 2012

I have been an MT for years and years and years (not telling my age haha) but I still to this day have the hardest time with affect versus effect...anyone have any genious tips on which to use when would be greatly appreciated??? For instance:  It is hard to determine what affect/effect the medication will have or how it will affect/effect the patient's outcome. The only one I am really positive about is when it has to do with the patient's affect. Thanks you are all the best ...

How ICD-10 Will Affect Transcription
Sep 04, 2013

Just wanted some thoughts on this article with regards to transcription. Scroll down to How Will The New System Help... http://www.m-scribe.com/blog/bid/214013/Medical-Documentation-and-Coding-Demand-Will-Increase-with-ICD-10 ...

Layoffs, Acquisitions, Economy, Companies. Sm
Sep 03, 2010

With the economy the way it is, layoffs happen.  Do you really think that companies like to lay people off?  If they lay people off, there is less being transcribed and less being invoiced and less profit lining their pockets.  While I agree that email seems a cold way to lay people off, what option did they have?  Everyone works remotely, right?  If they started to make phone calls, it would've caused a panic for those who weren't being laid off.  This wa ...

CONTACT LOCAL NEWSPAPERS ABOUT LAYOFFS!
Sep 03, 2010

If anyone is in the Atlanta, Georgia area or in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area who was laid off 2 days ago by Webmedx and is obviously still upset about it, as I am, I think it would be a good idea to notify any local newspapers in these 2 cities regarding the recent massive layoff at Webmedx, Inc. I believe the Atlanta office is their headquarters and the Pittsburgh office is their operations office.  I know they also have an office in Brentwood, Tennessee, but I'm ...

Don't Be Too Shocked By Christmas Layoffs And Firings
Dec 14, 2011

I used to work for a company that had an annual Christmas layoff. It was almost a joke with those of us who had survived the latest round. Most companies have a budget. In bad times they tend to run out of money at the end of the year. It's rotten and shows poor planning, but nobody should be shocked when it happens. ...

Affect Appears To Be Somewhat Elusive?
Mar 03, 2010

Does this make sense?   The patient's affect appears to be somewhat elusive. This is what it sounds like he is saying. tia. ...