A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Latest layoffs, can we figure out - how many were "let go"

Posted: Jun 08, 2010

from what areas? SA4/South CCM is the same, but one regional director was changed from a guy to a woman I'm not familiar with.

SA4/South - Change here

[ In Reply To ..]
I lost my CCM, got an e-mail welcoming me to a new team on Thursday and then a call from another CCM welcoming me to her team on Friday. I have had LOTS of managers in my years at Q, but two in two days is a record!

almost got you beat! - North MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Supposedly we got a new CCM Friday. The first email/contact from her was today letting us know they are switching our account to a different CCM!

May Have You Beat - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I seem to recall several years ago having 3 in one week. Actually, it was only 2 people, but 3 changes. I got the first change back after they changed to someone else. Confusing, I know. This whole thing is. It's just what they do. If you have a CCM for an entire year, you're riding a high game.

Similar Messages:

Orthopedics Splint - Figure-eight Or Figure-8
Apr 18, 2010

The patient has a fracture and the doctor said he "placed a figure-8 splint."  What is the correct for this: figure-8, figure-eight, figure-of-8, or figure-of-eight? ...

Figure-of-eight Or Figure-of-8 Sutures? Nm
Dec 17, 2009

nm ...

Where Are The Layoffs
Apr 07, 2013

Unless I missed something, no one has said if there were specific regions where many MTs were laid off. Perhaps MM is going about this region by region. I am a Tier 3 part-timer and have not received a call. Of course, my mgr said it was all a rumor -- yea, right. I agree with those who said we are being replaced by India. I'd love to know MM's timetable for this -- and their thinking behind who goes here and who stays. I have had more than enough work from my primary account ...

Maybe This Had Something To Do With The Layoffs.
Aug 20, 2013

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:E0vrOZbvAZAJ:www.klasresearch.com/print/%3Furl%3D/research/export/print/segment.aspx%3Fid%3D78+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a Data was retrieved by on Saturday, August 10, 2013.   Front-End Speech (FES) – system used for real-time voice to text conversion by clinicians enabling them to start, edit, complete, and sign off on notes or reports withoutsing transcription services.&n ...

LAYOFFS/PASSWORDS
Apr 04, 2013

I know this board is consumed right now about the layoffs but I have question. HAD to call Support yesterday and today, and was told that I cannot change my password in Ipswitch. He said only the techs could do it for me and that I am not allowed to have a personal password!! Never heard of such a thing. My head is spinning after talking to him. Are all you out there able to change your password?  So sorry to the person(s) that got laid off.  A job is a job and it's always sad t ...

Layoffs/Terminations
Apr 11, 2013

Think I will get the proverbial axe on Monday or Tuesday - Tuesday should be the first day of my new pay period according to my schedule.  After the corrective action for low LPH and many other things bugging me - definitely kept asking questions and when one did not answer, or answer fully, went higher, and also to HR.  I really did love this job and it makes me so angry and depressed all at once at how things have gotten so awful!  I did finally get them to finally acknowledge t ...

April Layoffs
Jul 24, 2013

I was laid off April 4th.  Supervisor was sorry she had to make the call as there was no problem with my work.  Had been with company 16 years and worked 7 days a week, third shift, split shift, part time.  It is all working out though, collecting unemployment and in school thanks to TAA.  Everything is paid for: books, tuition, supplies and if school is 50 miles from home, a gas allowance is available.  UE office said I could attend any college I chose and that thi ...

MModal Layoffs
Aug 17, 2013

Anyone wanting to discuss the lay offs by MModal and the commonaliities of people laid off, please contact me through the "reply by email" button below or through this board. We were fired because our jobs were outsourced.  The person who called and told about this "transition" admited it when I asked.   Company loyalty means nothing to these people; they're just big business.  I feel sorry for middle management, who probably know they're next to go. ...

Keystrokes Layoffs?
May 30, 2014

I just read that KS is laying off, can anyone confirm?  http://www.thelayoff.com/keystrokes-transcription-service ...

Layoffs -- If You Look In The MQ Address Book
Jun 02, 2010

nm ...

Wonder How The Webmedx Layoffs Will Affect
Sep 02, 2010

I wonder if this is an "open the floodgates" kind of thing and will have a domino effect and more companies (like Medquist) will start laying off, too. Anybody have any comment on this? ...

Scan Medical Layoffs
May 21, 2011

I think I had posted this on the wrong board.  For those of you that lost their accounts at Scan Medical along with me where did you all go.  Did anyone try to go with the accounts to the new company or just start looking for jobs again. ...

Layoffs Curious If The Ones Laid Off
Apr 05, 2013

got an email from amy about all mt meeying on april 17?.  i got that email and 20 minutes later board was full of talks of layoffs.  just wondering if i got the email because im safe or if everyone got it ...

I Just Read The Posts Below About Layoffs.
Apr 05, 2013

The layoffs seem to be posts from Evelyn, Liz, Donna, Sue, Lee, Ruth, Pegge, Ginger and so on.  Another post stated she talked to her TSM and it was all rumors.  I do not mean to offend anyone, but I am part time and have overtime work tonight and for this weekend.  Maybe due to people being laid off??   The thing is, I do not work my hours like I should because I am so SICK of this job after being here way too many years to care anymore.  I have another job ...

Medical Transcription Layoffs
Sep 29, 2013

Many MTs are losing their jobs or grossly under-employed due to outsourcing.   The salary for many is insufficient to live off of in the USA. These MTs have been very loyal, flexible, highly productive employees that are committed to excellence.  How did we get to this point where hardworking, loyal medical transcriptionists are no longer valued as employees by even the "Best Companies?"  What can we do to keep MTs in the USA from being hungry and living in poverty level? These ...

M-Modal Hiring Now After Layoffs?
Oct 14, 2013

Why is M-Modal running an ad for hiring when they recently laid off so many transcriptionists? ...

Layoffs After EPIC Implementation
Jun 05, 2014

Has anyone worked where EPIC has been implemented?  Did transcription work pick up after initial drop off or were there layoffs? ...

Layoffs, Acquisitions, Economy, Companies. Sm
Sep 03, 2010

With the economy the way it is, layoffs happen.  Do you really think that companies like to lay people off?  If they lay people off, there is less being transcribed and less being invoiced and less profit lining their pockets.  While I agree that email seems a cold way to lay people off, what option did they have?  Everyone works remotely, right?  If they started to make phone calls, it would've caused a panic for those who weren't being laid off.  This wa ...

CONTACT LOCAL NEWSPAPERS ABOUT LAYOFFS!
Sep 03, 2010

If anyone is in the Atlanta, Georgia area or in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area who was laid off 2 days ago by Webmedx and is obviously still upset about it, as I am, I think it would be a good idea to notify any local newspapers in these 2 cities regarding the recent massive layoff at Webmedx, Inc. I believe the Atlanta office is their headquarters and the Pittsburgh office is their operations office.  I know they also have an office in Brentwood, Tennessee, but I'm ...

Don't Be Too Shocked By Christmas Layoffs And Firings
Dec 14, 2011

I used to work for a company that had an annual Christmas layoff. It was almost a joke with those of us who had survived the latest round. Most companies have a budget. In bad times they tend to run out of money at the end of the year. It's rotten and shows poor planning, but nobody should be shocked when it happens. ...

WebmedX - VAST Layoffs, Now Firings, Even Of CMTs, 1/3 Pay
Oct 10, 2010

First continually and rapidly cutting our pay to nothing while we had to retrain on numerous systems, then mass layoffs of seasoned employees, even CMTs AND newbies, now they're trying this week to create reasons to let the rest of us go.  I think it's past time we look into A.) a class-action lawsuit and B.) go public with our outrage!  They cut our pay to nothing but continue to charge their CLIENTS too much so they lose accounts to MedQuist and start treating US like dirt? ...

Has Anyone Worked Anywhere In ANY Field Where Employees Were Told Of Impending Layoffs?
Sep 03, 2010

I've been working since I was 15 years old in various fields and have witnessed many, many layoffs.  Although I have usually been in a position where I was privvy to the details of when the layoff would take place and who was on the list to be cut, I have NEVER worked anywhere where the employees to be laid off were given a heads-up beforehand.  Sure, rumors would circulate about the impending cuts, but I've never heard of employers actually warning an employee that they were ...

How To Figure This
Mar 10, 2010

How should I figure out lines per hour? ...

How Do You Figure Out This ????
Jul 21, 2010

I am not good in math and would like to know how you figure out which is better 7 cpl w/spaces and a 55-char. line or 8 cpl w/spaces and a 65-char. line?  I am told the 7 cpl rate uses a lot of canned text that you get paid the full amount for so this should be a plus. Anyone out there feel brainy today?  If so, thanks for your help. ...

Can't Figure Out
Aug 02, 2010

It is also important to watch for the development of delirium tremens and treat with       s/l perincual valiums if this should occur. Any suggestions would be appreciated! ...

Figure This One Out.
Nov 17, 2012

I wonder if the in-house employees, office employees, have their time as scrutinized as ours is.  I wonder if they get docked for, let's say, going to the bathroom or getting a cup of coffee.  I know the transcriptionists working in-house make $15 an hour to start.  There was a job advertised 6 months ago or so, and I questioned it.  Here is their reasoning:  Because they have to drive and wear dress clothes, they make more money.  What the #$)(.  I have t ...

Can't Figure Out Why...
Jan 03, 2013

VR just can't get the word "catheterization."  This time it said "catheter is Asian."  Good grief. ...

Trying To Figure Out A Word
Jan 13, 2010

I'm trying to figure out a word that s/l "perinif"....here is the sentence.   The pain actually radiated square across her upper abdomen, but is close to the side of her surgical ______.  I had her undergo a CT scan Thanks for any suggestions!   ...

Doesn't This Figure!
Mar 14, 2010

So, that "First Time Right/QA on Demand just started.  Wouldn't you know that as SOON as it started, I have been getting nothing but out-of-BOB accounts.  At this rate, I won't be able to stay under 10%, much less than up to 25% or more.   Up until now, was getting my primary or at least BOB accounts, I calculated carefully and figured out that while staying in my BOB, I could come under 5% most of the time.   I am really thinking they want everyone consta ...

Figure-of-x Sutures
Oct 05, 2010

Is there such a thing as figure-of-x sutures? ...