A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Job hunting - found a company called.....s/m - mt2

Posted: Jul 19, 2012

Heartland Information Services.  Thought maybe it was a company based in the Midwest so I clicked on it.  Guess what website came up?  NUANCE.  No thank you.  Been there, done that.

How funny -- like a wolf in sheep's clothing. - Suzy Q

[ In Reply To ..]
I can relate to what you said about Nuance. They had to be tops in the worst companies I have ever worked for category. I thought M*Modal was bad -- well they were actually, but I think Nuance takes the cake here. Demanding almost absolute perfection with pathetic wages and phony incentive plan that no one can ever achieve. What more could you ask for, LOL.

(Well they could really demand 100% QA scores -- what a hoot.)

Heartland - AnonMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Heartland was bought by Transcend a couple years back. Of course, Transcend is now owned Nuance. Gobble, gobble...

Heartland - OldMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Heartland also outsources to India. I know first hand as my job was outsourced to Heartland, which was bought out by Transcend who is now Nuance. Yep, they all send out overseas. Pretty sad, isn't it?? They let so many people go where I worked, it was unreal. Then to send it out to India. That was also unreal. That would mean medical records in jeopardy. Just my opinion .... I think they are all horrible companies! Don't care about USA -- they just worry about saving themselves money, but put your private information out there for anyone to see!

Heartland - Bailey

[ In Reply To ..]
Worked for Heartland quite a few years ago. Once they got their Indian operation in place, they fired 102 MTs in a conference call. Some people never saw it coming. MDI-MD took a lot of those MTs in because it was such a dirty thing to do and gave them jobs. Heatland years later wanted to reenter to US but apparently had trouble doing so. Guess that was why they got bought out. What ever you do, DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. They will pull the rug out from under your feet without batting an eye.

I was just going to say that - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That if I remembered correctly, Heartland was India. In fact, if I recall, they were one of the first heavy heavy into India.

Boo-Heartland - HappyMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, they are India. My company outsouced to them. Heartland/Transcend/Nuance are all the same company. Don't let them fool you .... they contract to India! Fools .....

Heartland - KarenL

[ In Reply To ..]
Worked for Heartland for less than 6 months about 7 years ago, I just put on a resume about 20 minutes ago that the company didn't exist anymore, guess I was wrong! My only experience with a national company, promised me big money and it didn't take long to realize I could earn more at McDonalds!

Similar Messages:

Hunting A Company That Has Clinic/multispeciality
Apr 21, 2012

anyone  know of any good companies hiring,  need input.   Much thanks in advance ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A Company Called DTS?
Jan 21, 2011

They recently took over Wahltek.  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks! ...

HELP W2 From A Company Called CAS Resources
Mar 09, 2011

As I believe it is a company that handles the Payroll of a transcription company.   I thought I had received all my W2s, then this one pops up.  It was only for about 600 gross income.  I am thinking it may be TTS, but not sure, as I worked a little bit for them, but I thought it was in 2009, not 2010.  ...

Company Called Patient First In VA
Jun 28, 2012

If you want to work as an employee, try Patient First in VA.  They pay by the line, never run out of work, pay hourly wage if any unforeseen downtime, and type straight dictation.  If you can type dictation non-verbatim, this might work for you.  Check on CareerBuilder or Monster jobs.  I was not able to type non-verbatim, just against my ethics. ...

Those Of You Familiar With A Company Called
Aug 09, 2013

Encore, what platform do they use? TIA ...

Test For A Company Called Medgarde
Oct 07, 2011

I was asked to test for a company called Medgarde.  Does anyone know anything about them? ...

Anyone Familiar With A Company Called MD-IT Transcription?
May 02, 2012

Is anyone familiar with a company called MD-IT Transcription? I am looking for a job as transcription jobs at the hospital I work for are being outsourced to a company called Nuance. I have not heard good things about Nuance. Would appreciate any information from someone who is familiar with MD-IT Transcription. Thanks. ...

Anybody Heard Of A Company Called Proscript?
Feb 26, 2014

Has anybody heard of a company called Proscript?  One site only says to submit resume and another site says they have no openings. ...

I Just Found Out That My Company Is Hiring Sm
Jan 18, 2010

a couple hundred MTs in the next couple of months. Apparently, they got several MQ hospitals. Good for me, not so good for MQ. ...

Have You Ever Heard Of A Company Called Silent Type
Jun 17, 2010

Hi Everyone,  Have you every heard of a company called Silent Type. Are they good or bad to work for, steady workflow, compensation rate. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Drug S/l Al-my-lin Found A Pharmacy Company With That Name.
May 22, 2011

Past medical history:  Diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure.   ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A Company Called Probity Medical Transcription?
Oct 15, 2009

If so, how are they to work for?  Is the pay competitive?  Do they pay for spaces?  Any info is greatly appreciated. ...

Anyone Have An Infor On A Company Called Transcription, Technology & Support, LLC
Sep 28, 2012

Does Anyone Have Info About A Company Called Genesis Government Solutions? Sm
Nov 30, 2014

What platform do they use and is it user friendly?  Is the transcription straight typing, VR, or a mix?  How is the workload?  TIA ...

S/L EMCET Was Called; Patient Was In PEA. MSET? M CET? Team Was Called
Oct 02, 2012

xx ...

Job Hunting At 50?
Jul 14, 2011

So, who here has passed the course, passed the cert test(s) and gotten a job when you have been an MT for about 20 years or more at home??  I want very much to start a coding course and get my foot out of my home door and into a physician's office door (or hospital), but wondering if the door is actually open to those like me?  Would love to know of anyone's experience as far as getting hired at this point in life (:  Thanks! ...

Been Doing A Lot Of Job Hunting Lately -
Jul 19, 2012

am I crazy or does 8 cpl seem to be the norm lately???  I've even noticed some 7 cpl  for straight typing.  What is wrong with these people???  I made more than 8 cpl 13 years ago when I first started out.  With the cost of living as much as it is, how are we to make a living doing this job other than working our fingers to the bone and working 16 hours a day?  We all need to send emails and letters to Dateline or other news shows to do some kind of expose on t ...

For Those Of You Job Hunting, Something To Think About
Nov 23, 2013

I was  recently hired by a company and earlier today, was having a phone conversation with my supervisor.  She stated that during their recent advertisement, they had received an overwhelming response.  However, there were people who did not submit a cover letter with their resume, and cover letters and resumes that they received that were full of grammatical errors as well as spelling errors and some cover letters and resumes that contained "text type speak." For heaven's s ...

MQ As A Reference -- To MQ MTs Job Hunting
Nov 18, 2009

When completing job applications, are you all putting down the main MQ number in Laurel, NJ, are you using your current CCM's info (they chg so frequently), or using the URL for employment verification.  I have to find something else soon.  I guess you can consider me a complainer now too because I'm tired of making less and less money but working more hours.  I'm working another job, but have to find a replacement for MQ asap.  I can't do this anymor ...

Job Hunting Question
Jun 14, 2011

After filling out multiple forms, tests, etc...how long can one expect to wait to hear anything?  I would hope after doing this for 11 years that I would be a good fit for someone out there.  :(  I know it is pretty tight right now...I just wondered how long people have had to wait until they heard anything.  I know I saw some people on here saying they heard right away.  I am still doing more research, applications, etc...to get all over the place.  Thanks. ...

Plea To MTs Job Hunting
Jun 01, 2011

If you are currently job hunting for an MT position, please do all of us a favor.  Research the company to make sure it is a US-only based company.  If all MTs who are job hunting would stick together and refuse to work for companies who outsource to India, Phillipines, etc., we could make a difference.  I have worked for 6 different companies (2 of those being PT supplemental income jobs), and I made sure all of them were US-only based jobs.  Before the rant starts, I k ...

Job Hunting Update
Mar 01, 2012

I got an e-mail yesterday about a job.  I will be talking to "them" tomorrow.  Wish me luck.  Thanks. ...

Have A Question For Those Job Hunting Or Just Getting A New Transcription Job
Feb 04, 2010

How long did it take you to hear from people?  I have sent out resumes upon resumes, on job boards, etc....I haven't heard squat from anyone!  I admit I only do clinic and rad transcription, but I do have eight years under my belt, and haven't had any complaints.  I do apply for jobs that fit in my area of expertise, and I have tried to apply outside that as well.  I thought I saw someone on this site say it took TWO MONTHS before they heard anything because of how ...

Job Hunting - 3 Hospitals No Where Close To Me Pay......are You Ready....
Apr 30, 2012

$15/hour.  Like the good ole days.  I'm moving soon but not to those cities.  Hopefully I can find a MT in-house job, otherwise, I'm done.  I will not continue to work for these low wages while the companies make billions in revenue.  ...

Guess It's Time To Start Job Hunting.
Jan 28, 2015

I've been here for years and work on the worst accounts I've ever had in my life, only to make peanuts.  Now they're trying to take away the only good thing I have left, my schedule.  I wonder how many people they're going to lose this way.  If I had wanted to work 2nd and 3rd shift, I would have taken a job with that schedule in the first place.  Does it even occur to them that we took this job with our particular shift in the first place because that ...

DH And I Are Buying A New Computer. He Absolutely Wants Windows 7. I'm Job Hunting.
Dec 16, 2009

nm ...

Job Hunting.....which Is Better - Nuance Or M'Modal? Have Read All Posts.
Jun 27, 2012

Now taking a poll.   :) ...

Skills Rusty - Where To Focus Review For Job Hunting?
Dec 02, 2012

I graduated from M-Tec in Jan. 2011 while working a full-time job.  My plan was to keep working, get a part-time MT job until I gained experienced, and then quit my other job and do MT full time.  I sent out tons of resumes but received no replies except for one that expressed fear I would get burned out working 2 jobs.  After that I got discouraged and stopped looking for MT work for over a year.   Now I'm newly motivated (hate my current job) and want to start looking ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

What Is That Called?
Dec 08, 2009

When they rub your sternum with knuckles?   Doc says . . . No response to s/l noxic stimuli. ...