A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

anyone familiar with a company called MD-IT Transcription? - Marja

Posted: May 02, 2012

Is anyone familiar with a company called MD-IT Transcription? I am looking for a job as transcription jobs at the hospital I work for are being outsourced to a company called Nuance. I have not heard good things about Nuance. Would appreciate any information from someone who is familiar with MD-IT Transcription. Thanks.

Know nothing about them but work for Nuance. SUCKS ROYALLY. - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been with Nuance for a few months. Hate VR. Hate the crappy pay. Am actively job hunting. As soon as I find something, I am outta here w/out notice. MT field has gone downhill. Tired of busting my a$$ for a few bucks while these companies rake in the dough.

Same experience here. Tried to tell people here that - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and got very rude responses.

Nuance - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Nuance and personally have not had the experiences you are mentioning. I think they are great company and I have had only positive experiences while working here. To the MT whose hospital is moving to Nuance, please give them a try! I was in the same boat and love it here! Don't let the opinions of others determine your own opinion.

Never heard of MD-IT - Will say this..

[ In Reply To ..]
if you can avoid Nuance, try by all means. I dont want to get descriptive about them, but I dont think you'll be too happy.

I have heard good things about Accentus. I dont work for them, but it is about the only place that I can think of off the top of my head with a fairly decent reputation and reasonable line rates.

Happy at Nuance - Mary

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Nuance and I have had no problems. Affordable benefits for me and as long as you do you job you make money. I'm paid better than I was at their competition and have had a way better experience here with my TL and and training.

Keep in mind, she is coming from a hospital - where pay is usually guranteed

[ In Reply To ..]
by the hour and incentives are usually worth striving for, where I came from it was no less than $300 incentive per pay check with the most being up to $600 depending on hours worked.

Its easy for someone who has only worked for a company to comment and say "they are the best" but when you have never worked for a company and just for a hospital its a whole new ballgame.

OP, take your time and look and see what works best for you. Working for companies is nothing like working for a hospital.

Another peice of advice is to take what you read here with a grain of salt.
Good advice - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree. Working in-house and for a company are very different.

In-house is better in every way. It is unfortunate that those jobs are all but gone.

I would say that all companies are pretty much the same. The biggest factor of success versus failure is the luck of the draw on what account you get assigned.

Agree, comments on this board shoul be taken with a grain of salt. None of us have the same experience, again, mostly based on the accounts we are assigned and the supervisor group we get dropped into. These variables are impossible to know until you actually start working.

I actually kinda like Nuance and yet many other people hate it. I suspect it's because I have a great TL and a great account and the one's who hate it don't.
Such good advice. Just for instance Sucks Royally hates Nuance but - but cites the work itself. I do worry
[ In Reply To ..]
about companies systematically exploiting us, being their employees' worst enemy by stacking the system to milk us here, milk us there, and probably the big companies are the most likely to be doing that. I left Transcend after finally becoming sure that must be happening. My paychecks had been dropping over time like water level in a basin with pinholes in the bottom. No matter what I did, always down.
Grain of Salt - nr
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree! Take this board with a grain of salt! Research and make your own decisions/determination. I also came from working as an MT in the hospital environment to an MTSO, and while it is an adjustment, working for an MTSO can be a great experience! Hear what your new company has to say and speak to the recruiters if you need more information. Go with your gut - it will never steer you wrong. Good luck!

Accentus - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have never worked for Accentus, how can you recommend them? I am sure some of their employees would have negative things to say just like some of the posters on this site who work for other companies.

I have a good friend who works for Accentus - She does extremely well with them..also

[ In Reply To ..]
Based on her experience, I just thought I would recommend.

And not only that, other posters on this board seem to be happy with them as well, so I dont think she's an exception.

Unlike some companies, they dont have nearly as many negative posts on here, most are fairly positive.

If something ever happened to my job, thats the first place I would apply. I know what its like to get outsourced so I recommended her to the only good one (in my opinion) thats out there.

I stick with my MTSO because I have that **if it aint broke dont fix it mentality** and my pay has been darn good with lots of OT and plenty of work. But if ever there should come a day where I had to leave, Accentus would be my first choice.

MD-IT - ay

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for TransformMT, which I believe is the same as MD-IT. Don't know if it is what you are referring to. Anyway, TransformMT has been a great experience, only drawback being that they overhire and there is not enough work. I am fortunate to have great dictators and the pay is above average for service companies. I would recommend it.

Similar Messages:

Those Of You Familiar With A Company Called
Aug 09, 2013

Encore, what platform do they use? TIA ...

PRN Military Transcription - Anyone Familiar With This Company?
Sep 20, 2011

Anyone familiar with this company?  Would like info regarding their platform, dictators, pay scale and if they do VR.  Any info at all would be appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A Company Called Probity Medical Transcription?
Oct 15, 2009

If so, how are they to work for?  Is the pay competitive?  Do they pay for spaces?  Any info is greatly appreciated. ...

Anyone Have An Infor On A Company Called Transcription, Technology & Support, LLC
Sep 28, 2012

QMedET Solutions - Anyone Familiar With Above Company?
May 15, 2013

Anyone familiar with above company?  I received an e-mail from them to join a meeting online  for a Contractor Information Call.  I can't remember sending them an e-mail with my resume, but I have been sending so many I probably did.  Should I do this or not?  Your opinion, please.  Thank you. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A Company Called DTS?
Jan 21, 2011

They recently took over Wahltek.  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks! ...

HELP W2 From A Company Called CAS Resources
Mar 09, 2011

As I believe it is a company that handles the Payroll of a transcription company.   I thought I had received all my W2s, then this one pops up.  It was only for about 600 gross income.  I am thinking it may be TTS, but not sure, as I worked a little bit for them, but I thought it was in 2009, not 2010.  ...

Company Called Patient First In VA
Jun 28, 2012

If you want to work as an employee, try Patient First in VA.  They pay by the line, never run out of work, pay hourly wage if any unforeseen downtime, and type straight dictation.  If you can type dictation non-verbatim, this might work for you.  Check on CareerBuilder or Monster jobs.  I was not able to type non-verbatim, just against my ethics. ...

Test For A Company Called Medgarde
Oct 07, 2011

I was asked to test for a company called Medgarde.  Does anyone know anything about them? ...

Job Hunting - Found A Company Called.....s/m
Jul 19, 2012

Heartland Information Services.  Thought maybe it was a company based in the Midwest so I clicked on it.  Guess what website came up?  NUANCE.  No thank you.  Been there, done that. ...

Anybody Heard Of A Company Called Proscript?
Feb 26, 2014

Has anybody heard of a company called Proscript?  One site only says to submit resume and another site says they have no openings. ...

Have You Ever Heard Of A Company Called Silent Type
Jun 17, 2010

Hi Everyone,  Have you every heard of a company called Silent Type. Are they good or bad to work for, steady workflow, compensation rate. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Anyone Familiar With Breitner Transcription?
Dec 15, 2010

I am thinking of working for this company and I am interested in anyone's experiences with Breitner.   Thanks ...

Anyone Familiar With US Transcription In Iowa?
Sep 21, 2011

steady work, pay, platform, etc. ...

Does Anyone Have Info About A Company Called Genesis Government Solutions? Sm
Nov 30, 2014

What platform do they use and is it user friendly?  Is the transcription straight typing, VR, or a mix?  How is the workload?  TIA ...

Anyone Familiar With Metro Transcription Service In NJ?
Sep 24, 2010

Not much info about them in the archives.  Any info, good or bad, would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Familiar With Expert Medical Transcription
Oct 08, 2010

Anyone familiar with or know anything about this company out of Florida? ...

Is Anyone Familiar With Clear Choice Transcription?
Nov 09, 2012

Is anyone familiar with Clear Choice? Any information would be appreciated. I understand they pay by the minute of dictation, a dollar a minute after release from QA. I'm wondering if their platform allows for a good line count and how the company treats the employees. ...

Lutz Transcription? Girl's Name ***** Are Familiar
Nov 30, 2010

For some reason, the girl's name ***** are familiar to me - nonpayer? ...

Familiar With The Transcription Program At Either Career Step
May 29, 2012

Is anyone familiar with the transcription program at either Career Step, MT at Home, or Medical Transcription A to Z?  Opinions would be appreciated. ...

S/L EMCET Was Called; Patient Was In PEA. MSET? M CET? Team Was Called
Oct 02, 2012

xx ...

Anyone Familiar With "Transcription Doctors"
Dec 14, 2011

Maybe I am being way too cautious....Seems like their hiring process was super easy compared to everyone else so I was just wondering if anyone had anything to say about them.....good or bad? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription. Anyone Know Anything About This Company?
Dec 17, 2009

Thanks ...

DSG Transcription Company
Jul 03, 2010

If anyone has worked or is currently working for DSG transcription, I would appreciate the experience you have had working with them. Thank you. ...

JLG Transcription Company
Jun 22, 2011

Can someone please give me an update on JLG Transcription.  The only references I found were from 2009.  I wondered if anyone has any updated information.  I do not want to make a big change to something that may not be a good move.  I support myself so I really have to know something concrete.  Thank you.  ...

My Own Transcription Company.
Feb 17, 2011

After 10+ years of typing numerous specialties, I am interested in running my own transcription business.  Do you have any suggestions on where/how to get work?  Thanks in advance! ...

Breitner Transcription - Anyone Know About This Company
Oct 27, 2009

Does anyone know about this company - pay record, work, accounts, etc.   ...

ANP Transcription - Info On This Company?
Jul 28, 2010

Anybody have info on this company?  I took sample test, a verbatim lecture.  Wondering about quality of company. ...

SRVMT Transcription Company
Jan 11, 2011

Has anyone heard or dealt with SRVMT Medical Transcription Service.  I was offered a job with them and am curious about the company.  It sounds like it is a new company. ...

U-Scribe Transcription Company
Apr 28, 2011

I received a call today from a recruiter at U-Scribe in response to a resume I must have sent in.  I have done some Google research as well as searched through this forum.  There's not much to be said about this company except that they are hiring.  The gentleman I spoke with today told me they are very backlogged.  He said a majority of their clients are from England, Ireland and Scotland.  This man was English.  He sent me two files to transcribe and return, ...