A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Guess it's time to start job hunting. - Mandatory schedule changes

Posted: Jan 28, 2015

I've been here for years and work on the worst accounts I've ever had in my life, only to make peanuts.  Now they're trying to take away the only good thing I have left, my schedule.  I wonder how many people they're going to lose this way.  If I had wanted to work 2nd and 3rd shift, I would have taken a job with that schedule in the first place.  Does it even occur to them that we took this job with our particular shift in the first place because that's the shift we NEED.  Some of us are working around taking care of children and coordinating with our husband's shift, etc.  In all the years I've been an MT, I've never been required to change to a completely different shift.  I feel like crying.  I have too much personal stuff going on right now to have to deal with finding, training, and starting a new job.  What horrible timing.  Cry

I agree - HDS

[ In Reply To ..]
I have not changed my schedule regardless of what my schedule says. I work the schedule I can work, put in my required number of hours, meet my minimum lph requirement, and do my honest to goodness best to meet their insanely stupid accuracy requirements, and if they don't like it then fire me. I can then receive unemployment until I find a new job and when/if asked why I was fired, my response would be "irreconcilable differences between a the company and humanly impossible expectations required for very little pay and no appreciation at all."

Calling unemployment myself - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Just to see if I can collect should I be fired. Meantime, job hunting also.

They have ads up now. Why not simply hire for these shifts instead - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
of screwing up current employees' shifts?

Why dont they give the evening work to India - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
its day time there

Most of the accounts in my group are not sent - off-shore.

[ In Reply To ..]
I work in the group that is facing mandatory shift changes. They don't send any of the work on most of those accounts overseas.

So let's see do you want the work in the USA and work the shifts available or do you want them to send the work off-shore until eventually it is all over there, including day-shift?

Do you really believe that? I worked for - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
their predecessor, and even when it was in the contract to stay in the US, they'd still send it to India. Regardless, if you're willing to turn your life upside down and work the opposite shift of what you were promised, then by all means, go for it & don't be angry at the ones who can't or aren't willing to go to that extreme for what little pay we make now. I won't do it.
Um, I'm not the least bit angry, you seem a bit peeved though - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, I am absolutely positive 3 of the 5 accounts I work on do not send off-shore. It isn't about "belief" it's about what my own little eyes witness.

Again, I'm good working an evening shift, I get it that not everyone is able to do it.

Sorry you have to find a new job and I wish you much success in finding your dream job.
This is a 24/7 job - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I assume it is 24/7 in India. The work is going to India anyway. So why not split it up fairly and then most of us could work days. If you want to work evenings or mids, by all means you should be given your shift. But to think that simply passing some evening shift work off to India and taking Their evening work and sending it back here is going to cause ALL work to go to India is insane logic. There are ways to accommodate everyone, I am very sure most of the people over there would like a "normal" schedule as well.

Still waiting - Nana

[ In Reply To ..]
We were told we had the correct number of people, just not on right schedules. I am yet to hear from my boss replying to my email giving my notice. No hurry, lol.

F11 your reports, work when you want - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
end result is the same...gone...good luck, I am right behind you.

They are hiring for those shifts - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am guessing they are anticipating a lot of people quitting. I have noticed a LOT of new names on the evening shift, as an MME or whatever my initials are now.

You gotta admit... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
They are grossly overstaffed M-F day shift. The work is going out of turn around time every single night and weekend.

So this is life, it stinks but they don't need all the people they have on day shift.

If they didn't need people on that shift, then why did - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
they hire them for that shift?! I think it's more of a bait-and-switch. If they need evening people, then that's what they should advertise up front and hire.

I started 2 years ago and was told - NO DAY SHIFT AVAILABLE EVER

[ In Reply To ..]
I took an evening shift that has now been turned into an overnight shift due to schedule changes.

Has anyone been hired in the last few years that got day shift?
Why would they need overnighters when supposedly - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
that was the whole reason for India in the first place, that they would be working during our overnight/their daytime and our holidays. And they wonder why we don't believe anything they tell us.
A lot of accounts do not want their work sent off shore - Personally, I like that.
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't want them to send any of our work off-shore, so you won't catch me complaining about it when they have work available evenings and nights.

A lot of hospitals demand the work be completed by US MT's. This is a good thing.

That's all fine and dandy if you're hired on knowing ahead of - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
time you'll be working the crap shift & you agree to it. It's an entirely different thing to spring it on you later.

I think - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It is more of a financial move. Those of us that have been here are making more than the new hires. We quit, they hire new people at a lower rate. Face it people, we are nothing more than a number and a body to them.

It's not my fault they overstaffed a shift. I signed an agreement on - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
pay and shift, and I'm honoring my end. If I'm going to have to work graveyards, I'll go where I can make a hell of a lot more money than I can make here.

An agreement that YOU would work those hours - not a contract on their part

[ In Reply To ..]
guaranteeing you a specific shift. I recall when hired there was some sort of codicil that our shifts were at the company's discretion.

Not to mention they merged some BOBs a few months ago and our group in particular has been in serious trouble with turn around times for about a year now.

Frankly, they dragged their feet a loooong time before they forced these schedule changes. I can remember getting e-mails begging for even minor shift changes for the last 6 months or so.

I'm not sure what you want them to do. Keep the day shift over-staffed, have work go out of turn-around time constantly and then lose the account? At that point there is no work for anyone on any shift and your job is gone anyway.

At least U were not fired for 99.48 - ExMMoral

[ In Reply To ..]
Get over it

Get over it?? I was about to post a supportive post for you, but - that was just rude. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Mandatory shift changes - outahere

[ In Reply To ..]
They don't give a flying fig about what you need. They don't expect us to have a life outside of M'Modal. Robots.

Most low paying jobs are exactly the same - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The guy writing the checks, writes the rules.

If you do not like the pay, schedule or whatever, you enjoy the freedom to leave. There are clearly plenty of people willing to work the schedule you refuse to work.

Is it right? Nope. But since unions are made to be such villains and have been crushed, that is now simply the way business works in this country.

Worse than that, not only are they - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
trying to totally get rid of unions, they're trying to get rid of everything the unions have done for us in this country -- weekends, overtime, minimum wage, safety rules.... And they want to get rid of Social Security and Medicare for our senior citizens. Pretty soon, we'll be back to 3 families splitting one room and a bag of beans after working 7-12s, just like we were before unions & Democrats stood up for us, against the corporations and ultra-wealthy. People better wake up fast.

mandatory job hunting - true stuff

[ In Reply To ..]
this makes me so sad. i get sad a lot here it seems. but i'm sad for you. and so many others who are dealing with more changes.

i feel grateful. i'm not exactly sure why, except that i know things could be worse. i was reading that post about remembering the good old days. and i felt sad. i'm grateful because i don't seem to have any problems with my managers and PC. i usually get prompt replies to my emails. my schedule has never been an issue. but i work weird hours and mostly at night. i volunteered to change but they said they liked me where i am. i'm getting positive reinforcement when i do a good job. not always, but i don't crave praise much. just a little. just enough to want to keep on going.

i'm getting used to my POD and i find that for the most part the clients i get are fairly decent. i still can't pull off a huge line count though and that is the thing i get bitter about the most. the paying us nearly half for VR. it just seems so unfair and makes little sense to me. making $800 less per month has pissed me off for a long time. and depressed me beyond belief. i'm grateful my nearly 93-year-old mom lives with me and has upped what she gives me monthly for her share of things, otherwise i would not be making it.

so i'm just going to be glad i have a job and keep on trying to do a good one. and keep my fingers crossed i can hang on until retirement.

the good old days for me were 8 years ago when i worked in a hospital/doctor's offices and got paid by the hour and were recognized regularly for our efforts. often i truly felt like a part of a team that was doing important work.

i try to feel that way now but it isn't easy in this cyber world we work in. i think thats the nature of the beast. i don't blame our managers/bosses for too much. i suspect they are under possibly even more scrutiny than we are, and they have hundreds of people to deal with, most of whom probably show some level of disrespect in their emails or phone calls. so i feel for them. we complain a lot. but it could be worse.

i'm sure i'll be back here in a month or two complaining and depressed and threatening to burn my house down out of desperation again, but for now, i've got a job to do, a job that i mostly enjoy, even if i feel somewhat used with the sorry excuse for a paycheck.

Schedule changes - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
So tell me, what is going on with a mandatory schedule change? Is this coming down now? I just did my module for the new improved (?) system, but I have not downloaded it yet because I don't want to have to crawl through everything learning at the moment. But schedule changes now? Can any one enlighten me? Oh boy! I feel like we are hamsters in that bubble going round and round without the weee factor!

Schedule changes???? - Rusty

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been seeing this a while on this board, but haven't gotten or heard anything pertaining to this. Is it all regions and/or every employee? I live in the Midwest and type all from my state, except an ECF that is all over US. Anyone?

I think it is just one BOB - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It didn't happen overnight either. They have sent out e-mails for months, at least 3-4 months, begging people to change their schedule even by just an hour or even just one day. Not enough people did it to cover the gaps so mandatory schedule changes went into effect. We have basically had OT available nonstop for the last year going out of TAT every single weekend during that period.

I wouldn't worry about it for the moment if you haven't heard anything from your TSM.

I'm so tired of constantly being switched - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to new supers which means all new accounts every time it happens, always being harassed for mandatory overtime, the insanely impossible quality score requirement that's unheard of anywhere else in our industry, and these mandatory schedule changes that keep coming up ever so often. It just never ends. They can't let you get settled, get used to your accounts, get your speed up, and get comfortable and content with your job. I've had it. I think I'm going to look for another job anyway & get off this broken rollercoaster before I snap.

Similar Messages:

I Guess Keystrokes Didn't Waste Enough People's Time
Oct 20, 2014

posting the same jobs for which they received 735 responses, mine included. 31 years of experience, multispecialty, 3 compatible computers, and must have got 100% on the easiest 'test' I've ever taken...I wonder which of us will 'get a life' first...and who's the bigger fool at this point, the poster or responders... jes' sayin'--know what I mean KB? ...

Anyone Know Start Time For 2nd Shift At Transtech? PT Or FT? Nm
Jan 30, 2012

Nm ...

Can Someone Tell Me What Time Does Night Shift Start
May 16, 2014

East coast/West coast. Like everything else, it is almost impossible to find out!! Thanks so much!!   ...

It's Time To Start Drawing Some Lines. Please DO NOT Apply
May 13, 2015

This is not only a reprehensible and indefensible pay scheme but it defies logic.  Why is the thumb any different from the other fingers, or the space bar any different from the other keys that have to be pressed to create a document?  In fact, if you check any table of computer character codes, you will find that THE SPACE IS A CHARACTER, complete with its own code.  The space is REQUIRED IN ORDER TO MAKE SENSE OF THE OTHER CHARACTERS. We get no respect at all from the MTSOs in ...

If I Start Some Coding Training, Do I Need To Start Learning ICD-9 Or ICD-10?
Jan 09, 2010

nm ...

Job Hunting At 50?
Jul 14, 2011

So, who here has passed the course, passed the cert test(s) and gotten a job when you have been an MT for about 20 years or more at home??  I want very much to start a coding course and get my foot out of my home door and into a physician's office door (or hospital), but wondering if the door is actually open to those like me?  Would love to know of anyone's experience as far as getting hired at this point in life (:  Thanks! ...

Been Doing A Lot Of Job Hunting Lately -
Jul 19, 2012

am I crazy or does 8 cpl seem to be the norm lately???  I've even noticed some 7 cpl  for straight typing.  What is wrong with these people???  I made more than 8 cpl 13 years ago when I first started out.  With the cost of living as much as it is, how are we to make a living doing this job other than working our fingers to the bone and working 16 hours a day?  We all need to send emails and letters to Dateline or other news shows to do some kind of expose on t ...

For Those Of You Job Hunting, Something To Think About
Nov 23, 2013

I was  recently hired by a company and earlier today, was having a phone conversation with my supervisor.  She stated that during their recent advertisement, they had received an overwhelming response.  However, there were people who did not submit a cover letter with their resume, and cover letters and resumes that they received that were full of grammatical errors as well as spelling errors and some cover letters and resumes that contained "text type speak." For heaven's s ...

MQ As A Reference -- To MQ MTs Job Hunting
Nov 18, 2009

When completing job applications, are you all putting down the main MQ number in Laurel, NJ, are you using your current CCM's info (they chg so frequently), or using the URL for employment verification.  I have to find something else soon.  I guess you can consider me a complainer now too because I'm tired of making less and less money but working more hours.  I'm working another job, but have to find a replacement for MQ asap.  I can't do this anymor ...

Job Hunting Question
Jun 14, 2011

After filling out multiple forms, tests, etc...how long can one expect to wait to hear anything?  I would hope after doing this for 11 years that I would be a good fit for someone out there.  :(  I know it is pretty tight right now...I just wondered how long people have had to wait until they heard anything.  I know I saw some people on here saying they heard right away.  I am still doing more research, applications, etc...to get all over the place.  Thanks. ...

Plea To MTs Job Hunting
Jun 01, 2011

If you are currently job hunting for an MT position, please do all of us a favor.  Research the company to make sure it is a US-only based company.  If all MTs who are job hunting would stick together and refuse to work for companies who outsource to India, Phillipines, etc., we could make a difference.  I have worked for 6 different companies (2 of those being PT supplemental income jobs), and I made sure all of them were US-only based jobs.  Before the rant starts, I k ...

Job Hunting Update
Mar 01, 2012

I got an e-mail yesterday about a job.  I will be talking to "them" tomorrow.  Wish me luck.  Thanks. ...

My Start Menu Is Sideways And My Desk Top Is Sieways As Well And The Start Menu Is In The Upper Righ
Aug 12, 2013

My start menu is in the upper right hand corner and the desk top is on the side.  How can I fix it? ...

Have A Question For Those Job Hunting Or Just Getting A New Transcription Job
Feb 04, 2010

How long did it take you to hear from people?  I have sent out resumes upon resumes, on job boards, etc....I haven't heard squat from anyone!  I admit I only do clinic and rad transcription, but I do have eight years under my belt, and haven't had any complaints.  I do apply for jobs that fit in my area of expertise, and I have tried to apply outside that as well.  I thought I saw someone on this site say it took TWO MONTHS before they heard anything because of how ...

Hunting A Company That Has Clinic/multispeciality
Apr 21, 2012

anyone  know of any good companies hiring,  need input.   Much thanks in advance ...

Job Hunting - 3 Hospitals No Where Close To Me Pay......are You Ready....
Apr 30, 2012

$15/hour.  Like the good ole days.  I'm moving soon but not to those cities.  Hopefully I can find a MT in-house job, otherwise, I'm done.  I will not continue to work for these low wages while the companies make billions in revenue.  ...

Job Hunting - Found A Company Called.....s/m
Jul 19, 2012

Heartland Information Services.  Thought maybe it was a company based in the Midwest so I clicked on it.  Guess what website came up?  NUANCE.  No thank you.  Been there, done that. ...

DH And I Are Buying A New Computer. He Absolutely Wants Windows 7. I'm Job Hunting.
Dec 16, 2009

nm ...

Job Hunting.....which Is Better - Nuance Or M'Modal? Have Read All Posts.
Jun 27, 2012

Now taking a poll.   :) ...

Skills Rusty - Where To Focus Review For Job Hunting?
Dec 02, 2012

I graduated from M-Tec in Jan. 2011 while working a full-time job.  My plan was to keep working, get a part-time MT job until I gained experienced, and then quit my other job and do MT full time.  I sent out tons of resumes but received no replies except for one that expressed fear I would get burned out working 2 jobs.  After that I got discouraged and stopped looking for MT work for over a year.   Now I'm newly motivated (hate my current job) and want to start looking ...

Can Anybody Guess
Jan 04, 2012

Just came across this VR interpretation.  Can anybody guess what the doc was really saying "History of pepperoni she abandoned" ...

I Guess We Will Need At Least
Mar 09, 2014

Because the second TAA petition is about to expire, and as soon as we all get laid off, then we can get back to school.   ...

Guess What, Another Incentive, Oh Boy!!
Oct 23, 2009

This is getting to be a regular thing.  Barely enough work to go around in my BOB as it is! ...

To All The Newbies And I Guess All MQ MT's.
Jan 23, 2010

I have been with MQ, well. . . , FOREVER unfortunately.  I found out about the board when I was googling something about Medquist about 2-1/2 years ago.  How did you all find out about this board! ...

Anybody Want To Guess What This Is Supposed To Say?
May 03, 2010

He received supplemental oxygen and anti manic amputations by EMS. ...

Guess I Am Not Leaving
Jun 25, 2010

Got an E-mail (isn't that personal, but better than nothing, I guess) that my old hospital has decided not to fill the position "at this time," but will keep my resume for future reference.  New clothes, pedicure, and a lot of stress for nothing.  So my MQ job is looking a lot better today. . .  Maybe next time.  ...

Can Nobody Even Venture A Guess As To Why
Dec 01, 2011

a company would do that???????? ...

Take A Guess At This ASR Miss
Jan 05, 2012

ASR says: He was seen in "twelfth" 2011.   Anyone care to guess what "twelfth" means? ...

Guess I Am Not One Of The Chosen Few
Mar 07, 2012

E-mail says 300 MTs chosen to attend the webcast.  If you haven't received an invitation, you're not in.  Curious to see what the 300 have to say... ...

I Guess I'll Just Be Glad For One More Day
Sep 15, 2012

MModal didn't cut my pay this week, I haven't been thrown into the cesspool yet, I haven't been put on QA review (yet) and I have plenty of work.  So we'll see what tomorrow brings. ...