A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Job hunting.....which is better - Nuance or M'Modal? Have read all posts. - needanswer

Posted: Jun 27, 2012

Now taking a poll.   :)

thats like poking both eyes out with a pencil - thats my answer

[ In Reply To ..]
neither

Nunance/M Modal - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with the above!!!!

LOL... Love the pencil answer!! No truer words ever spoken! - TIREDPRO

[ In Reply To ..]
Or, poking both eyes out with the SAME pencil! LOL

Based on this board - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Nuance and after reading both the Nuance board and the M-Modal board, I have to say Nuance.

The difference in the complaints is hugely different from board to board. M-Modal sounds like an absolute nightmare, especially in the way they seem to monitor everything you do.

Nuance pays like crap and the QA is HORRIBLE. However, they pretty much leave me alone as long as I am meeting the requirments.

I got a M-F shift (kind of a cross between days/evening), so can't complain about that either.

Communication is awful, as in NO communication. E-mails are completely ignored.

I worked for MedQuist twice many moons ago and I hated them and could not get out of there fast enough and it doesn't sound like much has changed.

Nuance is the lesser of the two evils, in my opinion.

If I could get out of this biz completely, I would.

Nuance QA - MassMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry QA is so horrible, but what do you want for $8.25 an hour? I'm bored, too; maybe that has something to do with it. Been in the biz over 30 years and boy, how things have changed.

Why would these 2 be your choices? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Because the rest sound worse. nm - needanswer

[ In Reply To ..]

Good answer! Nuff said! LOL nm - TIREDPRO

[ In Reply To ..]
x

They are gobbling everyone else up - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
In the end they will probably be the only 2 left. I shudder at that thought. Both are horrible and can imagine it will only get worse.

I used to think I was so lucky that I stumbled into this profession. Working from home, making $20 an hour. It was great.

Now I do SR all day, fighting off the mind numbing boredom of it all and making $8 an hour.

At the rate things are going, one will probably own the other - before long so either/or.

[ In Reply To ..]
wouldn't surprise me.

You are SO right!! Second time in one post that... - TIREDPRO

[ In Reply To ..]
NO TRUER WORDS WERE EVER SPOKEN!!

Similar Messages:

Hmmm Interesting Read About Nuance Trying To Buy M*Modal
Jul 17, 2012

No clue what this means to us peons working the trenches, but interesting, see link: http://hdstoday.com/?p=143   ...

Just Read Posts! So Sorry For MTs Let Go.
Sep 02, 2010

How do you think the head person of WEB started out?  I believe it was from learning the business from MQ.  Before WEB, it was Spheris.  Before Spheris, it was MQ who was previously known as MRC Group and Transcription Limited who joined and became MQ.  Previous to MRC Group, it was Secrephone/Medifax where some of the managers started out and became CEO/COO/board of directors.  All these CEO, COO, financial officers, board of members all know each other and used to wor ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

I Just Read The Posts Below About Layoffs.
Apr 05, 2013

The layoffs seem to be posts from Evelyn, Liz, Donna, Sue, Lee, Ruth, Pegge, Ginger and so on.  Another post stated she talked to her TSM and it was all rumors.  I do not mean to offend anyone, but I am part time and have overtime work tonight and for this weekend.  Maybe due to people being laid off??   The thing is, I do not work my hours like I should because I am so SICK of this job after being here way too many years to care anymore.  I have another job ...

If You Don't Like Complaining Posts On This Board, Don't Read Them.
Jan 23, 2012

An MT posting a complaint on this board is one of the reasons it is here!!!  If you don't like them, move on.  You do not have to read them, and you certainly do not have to respond. While I do not agree with personal attacks on a board or anywhere else on individuals, complaining about pay, workload, or company practices should not be considered complaining, but very useful information, maybe not to all, but probably to some. You work for a company who does not pay?  Name ...

Keystrokes? I've Read The Posts. Are YOU Happy There?
Jul 03, 2012

I'm working for one company and do not like it.  I don't want to make a switch to another company that is just as bad.  Do you like KS?   Feel free to email me because I see the haters come on here when anything positive is said.  Thank you. ...

Anyone At Oracle? Read Posts From 2012...
Jul 21, 2012

Doesn't sound very good there either.  OMG are there any companies out there who respect their employees and pay a decent salary with no VR ?????????????? ...

Going Solo-concerned About Some Previous Posts Ive Read
Jan 05, 2010

I am working on starting up my own MT business (as you have maybe seen by some of the other posts I have sent) and I have been reading some of the latest posts and have seen discussions about this being a dying business and I have seen many people are getting out of this field and venturing elsewhere.  Up until the  holidays, I was making a great living and I guess with the holidays underway, I am still waiting on work.  I thought that this would have picked up by now but I have n ...

Better Read The New Email From M*Modal
Jan 27, 2012

Lots of changes!!  Including your email to @MModal.com All of these changes as of Monday, and this weekend it says you'll most likely run in to trouble accessing.    ...

READ M*MODAL BOARD.
Apr 04, 2014

Another is inviting us to email her/him as well with specific information.  They advise to first set up an anonymous email account.  They are contacting lawyers and Erin B.  There are 2 separate threads on the M*Modal tab.  They want help from every MT out there. ...

Do You Think M Modal Suits Read This Site?
Apr 26, 2012

WARNING NUANCE EMPLOYEES, PLEASE READ
Jun 10, 2014

I'm such a fool. If there is ANYTHING you want to document from your emails, print it out NOW! I was fired an hour ago and they have locked me out of looking at my emails! I cant even print a copy of the contract they made me sign. Protect yourself. ...

I Have Decided To Name Nuance In My Will. That Way My Tombstone Can Read
Mar 05, 2015

Wait, what am I thinking, I won't have anything to leave them! Sad thing to see happen to so many unsuspecting innocents.         ...

Nuance, Legitimate Bonus Plan??? Please Read.
Jan 03, 2012

My opinion,  having been in the industry for over 30 years and after reading a few posts on this subject below. For years a good deal of MTSO's including Webmedx had in place bonus or incentive plans based on production ONLY. Such a plan most likely helped Webmedx win "employer of the year" for years. Employees would go the extra mile even working through breaks to achieve higher line counts while at the same time the newer employees could look forward to gaining more experience and e ...

Warning: Do Not Read This Post If You Want To Hate Nuance
Apr 15, 2015

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/14/gravity-payments-raise_n_7061676.html The CEO of the company Gravity, doubled all his lowest paid employees salaries to 70k per year AS WELL AS lowered HIS OWN from ONE million to 70k per year. The company's minimum wage is 70k per year.  That guy is my HERO.  Can you even imagine?     ...

Nuance Vs. MQ/M*Modal
Apr 15, 2012

Anyone worked for MQ before Nuance who can say which is worse/better?  Sick and tired of M*Modal.  I'm sure there are comments somewhere on the board about this before, but I can't find them.  Thanks! ...

M*Modal Or Nuance
Aug 26, 2012

Which company is better to work for, M*Modal or Nuance?  I'd like some honest, positive feedback on each company before I decide which one to sign with.  Thank you!! ...

M-Modal/Nuance QA
Oct 21, 2012

Nuance Fiesa QA program is a PITA.  How is M-Modal's QA system in comparison? ...

Nuance Vs M*Modal
Dec 11, 2012

I currently work for Assistmed, but have a phone interview with Nuance and M*Modal later this week.  I have read all the reviews about both companies and still not sure which is better.  Anyone have any experience with either of the two or any input on which company is better?  ...

Nuance/M-modal
Aug 17, 2013

I wonder if M-modal is trying desperately to keep their heads above water so as not to be bought out by Nuance.  I just can't fathom all these layoffs.  I'm really truly sorry.  How heavy your hearts must be right now.   It's just incomprehensible that they would do this to all of you.   ...

Nuance Vs. M-Modal
Jan 02, 2014

I just accepted an offer from Nuance.  I know, I know.  I used to work for M-Modal when it was Medquist three years ago.  I loved the DocQScribe platform.  Has anyone gone from working for M-Modal to Nuance?  Was there any change in the way lines were counted?  How do you compare working on Nuance's platform versus that of M-Modal? ...

M-Modal Or Nuance
Jan 13, 2014

Good Intentions.  Which is the better company MM or Nuance? ...

Nuance Or M*Modal?
Mar 26, 2014

I've learned a lot from the M*Modal side, but now if you don't mind I would like to ask questions about Nuance. 1. Do they hire part-time, and if yes what might a schedule consist of? 2. What are the line requirements? 3. Weekend work required? 4. What shifts are offered, do they have 1st/2nd/3rd? And, just about anything that is on your mind. TIA! ...

If You Had To Pick - Nuance Or M*Modal?
Jul 21, 2012

I've read more bad than good on both companies. ...

Same Thing At Nuance As M*Modal?
Apr 04, 2013

I'm in shock about all the layoffs at M*Modal this morning!  I'm sure everyone else is too.  I'm scared/worried the same thing might happen to Nuance now.  I see job postings all the time for both companies.  It's crazy how they hire all these people and then layoff a bunch of people.  I'm curious to know how many people in total got laid off.  Does anyone else see this coming at Nuance?  ...

Is There Anything Good About M-Modal And Nuance?
Dec 25, 2013

I've reached the point where I'll work for almost any company, even M-Modal or Nuance, if it means I can get a steady paycheck.  My current company is going down the tubes fast.  I've hung in here as long as I possibly can, but I think it's an exercise in futility.  Does anyone at M-Modal or Nuance have any positive experiences, or is it really as bad as all the posts make it sound?  Surely there must be "something" good, or they wouldn't have so man ...

Losing M-Modal With Nuance Acquisition
May 21, 2012

Can you tell me what we will notice or how we will be impacted when M-Modal is taken away from Transcend/Nuance employees.  (If indeed it is taken away.) TIA. ...

Transcend/Nuance - M-Modal Question.
Jun 20, 2012

When Wmx was taken over M-modal was taken from us.  Do you at Transcend still use it and are you having it taken away also?  ...

Opinions On M-Modal Versus Nuance.
Jul 09, 2012

Working right now for NTS (lots of dirt here), but would like some honest opinions on M-Modal.  They sent me an email wanting me to test (as i am sure they have many others), and today I got an automated phone call from them.  Anyone know if this would be an improvement?  Thanks! ...

M*Modal Or Nuance? Pros And Cons?
Sep 19, 2012

. ...