A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Company called Patient First in VA - stu pidasso

Posted: Jun 28, 2012

If you want to work as an employee, try Patient First in VA.  They pay by the line, never run out of work, pay hourly wage if any unforeseen downtime, and type straight dictation.  If you can type dictation non-verbatim, this might work for you.  Check on CareerBuilder or Monster jobs.  I was not able to type non-verbatim, just against my ethics.

Patient First Info - please sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You have to drive there for the interview, no matter where you live. I was told they had people drive 8 hours to interview.

At one point they lost their back-up service because of their ridiculous specs. There are NINE PAGES of abbreviations you must use.

That's about all I know.

Great company - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was offered a job at PF last year and they offered to fly me out there, pay for 2 nights hotel and a rental car all at their cost. I have heard nothing but great things about them. I ended up staying at my QA job but if I were to ever MT again that is the first place I would work.

I have thought about them but pay is about 0.06 - sm - INKMT

[ In Reply To ..]
cpl....min 1400 or 1500 lines a day....forget, but it was about $96 a day for a lot of work.
Inaccurate pay quote - Happy at PF
[ In Reply To ..]
Actually, the newbie starting pay is 0.76 cpl for a 50-character line including spaces. The minimum requirement is 1400 lpd for full-time employees. Great company, management, team leads, and benefits. You work with the same providers every day Mon-Fri. No weekends and only two holidays a year. Non-worked holidays are paid, and worked holidays earn triple pay! There is also a Christmas bonus, but they don't take just anybody...
My bad -- $0.076 cpl! - Happy at PF
[ In Reply To ..]
Please allow me to rephrase: The newbie starting pay is 0.076 cpl. So much for my attempt to be accurate, but it's late, and I wouldn't have even replied if it were not for the storms in Virginia keeping me awake! Please do not judge the company based on my mistake as it has been a rough night.
please explain something to me (off topic) - Snow Bunny
[ In Reply To ..]
Where did the term "my bad" come from?

It's cute. I just would like to know the origin.
probably a rap song - Drone
[ In Reply To ..]
It is cute isn't it? I like to say it. Oops my bad. The current expression these days though (just so you know) seems to be Really? said instead of Are you kidding?

PF employee - and love it

[ In Reply To ..]
I work at PF and love it! There are account specs and approved abbreviations, but just like everything else, it becomes second nature. Same doctors, great benefits, 7.6 per 50-character line, and quota is 1400 lines per day. They're very particular on who they hire, but if you get on, it's a great job.

Patient First - settled

[ In Reply To ..]
Does the 7.6 per 50-character line include spaces?

Similar Messages:

S/L EMCET Was Called; Patient Was In PEA. MSET? M CET? Team Was Called
Oct 02, 2012

xx ...

Patient Called 9-1-1 Or 911?
Mar 25, 2011

Patient Is DNR And A Hospice S/l *B-dess* Consult Was Called
Jul 19, 2012

Patient is DNR and a hospice s/l *B-dess* consult was called, along with palliative care. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A Company Called DTS?
Jan 21, 2011

They recently took over Wahltek.  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks! ...

HELP W2 From A Company Called CAS Resources
Mar 09, 2011

As I believe it is a company that handles the Payroll of a transcription company.   I thought I had received all my W2s, then this one pops up.  It was only for about 600 gross income.  I am thinking it may be TTS, but not sure, as I worked a little bit for them, but I thought it was in 2009, not 2010.  ...

Those Of You Familiar With A Company Called
Aug 09, 2013

Encore, what platform do they use? TIA ...

Test For A Company Called Medgarde
Oct 07, 2011

I was asked to test for a company called Medgarde.  Does anyone know anything about them? ...

Anyone Familiar With A Company Called MD-IT Transcription?
May 02, 2012

Is anyone familiar with a company called MD-IT Transcription? I am looking for a job as transcription jobs at the hospital I work for are being outsourced to a company called Nuance. I have not heard good things about Nuance. Would appreciate any information from someone who is familiar with MD-IT Transcription. Thanks. ...

Job Hunting - Found A Company Called.....s/m
Jul 19, 2012

Heartland Information Services.  Thought maybe it was a company based in the Midwest so I clicked on it.  Guess what website came up?  NUANCE.  No thank you.  Been there, done that. ...

Anybody Heard Of A Company Called Proscript?
Feb 26, 2014

Has anybody heard of a company called Proscript?  One site only says to submit resume and another site says they have no openings. ...

Have You Ever Heard Of A Company Called Silent Type
Jun 17, 2010

Hi Everyone,  Have you every heard of a company called Silent Type. Are they good or bad to work for, steady workflow, compensation rate. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A Company Called Probity Medical Transcription?
Oct 15, 2009

If so, how are they to work for?  Is the pay competitive?  Do they pay for spaces?  Any info is greatly appreciated. ...

Anyone Have An Infor On A Company Called Transcription, Technology & Support, LLC
Sep 28, 2012

Does Anyone Have Info About A Company Called Genesis Government Solutions? Sm
Nov 30, 2014

What platform do they use and is it user friendly?  Is the transcription straight typing, VR, or a mix?  How is the workload?  TIA ...

If This Company REALLY Cared About Patient
Dec 23, 2014

the pay would be set up so that you only get 7 cents a line if you don't meet the QUALITY criteria.... The way it is now is the only way you'd get 7 cents is if you send more than 10% to QC.  You can have 85% quality and 400 lines an hour, and if you send less than 10% to QC, well your check will be nice.  On the other hand, you could have 100% quality, 300 lines an hour (as you'd have to slow down a bit to have that 100% quality) but if you so much as sent 10.1% to QC ...

Patient First Transcription - Any Recent Experience With This Company
Dec 14, 2011

Wondered if anyone has any recent experience with this company. Considering an offer but hesitant because of long delays in communication with HR. Thanks.     ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

What Is That Called?
Dec 08, 2009

When they rub your sternum with knuckles?   Doc says . . . No response to s/l noxic stimuli. ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...

Has Anyone Every Heard Of A Lab Called A BVV?
Nov 20, 2009

This is an NP dictating on a pt newly placed on Coumadin for DVT. ...

My CCM Just Called. I Just Got Audited.
Jun 15, 2011

I hope this post quells some tempers and fears.  Obviously there are a lot of audits going on.  I got the call and my CCM said "just wanted to let you know that you are going great.  You were audited and are right where you need to be with quality and are above production level".  She said thank you very much and that she appreciated my hard work.  I asked her if she ever frequented this board, she said yes.  I told her about the firing posts and she said that peo ...

So-called Testing
Jan 29, 2012

Let me see if I got this right. You send me a few voice files.  You send me a few templates.  You send NO other instructions whatsoever.  I wing it, based on my years of experience and common sense.  The fact that I left out a blurb the speaker "always" wants in there (but never dictated) causes me to fail your so-called test? A blessing in disguise I think.  You should add "needs to be a mind reader" in your job post. ...

My Son Called Me Last Night
Jul 09, 2012

coming to a Holiday Inn where he lives. He said they advertised "Medical Transcription jobs - earn $40,000 a year!"  He thought I could use a good laugh. Thanks, son. ...

TTT-Anyone Called Back?
Sep 30, 2012

Anyone here called to work again for TTT? If so, are you chosing to upgrade your own PC or buy one from the company?   ...

New Radiology Ccm Or Whatever They Are Called Now
Oct 19, 2012

okay, since they fired our old manager and this new person took over, i spend more time out of work than i do working...also, the ONLY reports i get now are over 2 minutes long (in case you didn't know, radiology is paid by report)...i used to be able to bust my butt, but make a decent living...in the past two weeks, my pay has dropped by about 45% due to lack of work and distribution of reports....all since this mangament change...i don't know if she is giving them all to her old team ...

Anyone Ever Hear From Their CCM Or Whatever They Are Called Now
Feb 06, 2013

Got a new one, my 4th in a year btw, and the last one I heard from every day, at least 10 times a day with calls, e mails, etc.  This one started probably 2 weeks ago, haven't had a call from her to introduce herself, no e mail, no reply to my e mail...nothing. It is either feast or famine I guess.  I just hope when it is time for vacay,I hear from her but if I don't, guess she won't miss me when I'm gone ...

Nuance Called Me!!
Nov 12, 2014

Nuance actually called me out of the blue today regarding a job...I have heard A LOT of miserable things about them...do they still ring true?? ...