Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

For Nick-what about statutory employees? - sm

Posted: Dec 16th, 2015 - 4:37 pm In Reply to: And also apparently - Nick

I work for a company that classifies me as statutory employee. They hold out taxes. No benefits. No line requirement. I gave them a schedule of 30 hours a week. I am called constantly before my shift, after my shift and on my days off, to see if I can "help out." I have to pause the timer on a time clock when there is NJA or lunch, etc. Those 30 hours are easily now 40-50 hours. I always punch out because I want my metrics to stay high in case they have a lay off and keep the high producers. If I just let the clock run on NJA, my line count would drop dramatically to not even minimum wage. They did not provide the computer, nor do they pay for the internet service, I do, which I believe per IRS rules on statutory employees-they are required to provide. How can a company that relies on MTs make them all non-benefit people while QA and above are "employees" with benefits and a definite hourly wage? Thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)