Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Katina - Nick

Posted: Dec 16th, 2015 - 9:16 am In Reply to: IC hours - katina

Even the IRS itself says that there is SOME latitude and that it considers each case individually, but she appears to have really stepped over the line. That is why I hope someone can get the IRS and Labor Board involved to make the decision. They are the pros and deal with these kinds of things every day. I will bet you a nickel to a hot fudge sundae that if this whole thing is reported, she may be found to owe a whole lot of back tax refunds to MTs who were misclassified as ICs and thereby incurred a lot of costs for themselves. If she has nothing to hide, she (and her board of directors, since she indicates by "Inc" that she is a corporation) should come forward and play by the rules like the rest of us have to do. I have gone to Tax Court three times in the course of my education and it is not something I would ever want to do as a business owner. The fines, etc. (especially the IRS) levies are frequently hefty. There is an old saying in law school, but it is true: IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE. You know how Old Pro is always telling people who want to become MTSOs to invest in a consultation with a CPA and a small business attorney? That is money well spent and can prevent some hapless person from landing in tax court--or becoming the defendant in a civil suit. If you are going to run a business, no matter how small or how large, you need to know (and play by) the rules.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)