A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Should I bother telling my TSM about this... - Quinn

Posted: May 08, 2015

In FIESA I was corrected for, but didn't lose points for,  leaving out the word "of" after the word "off," as I learned in transcription school that it is not correct to say "off of," you just need to say "off." Should I tell my TSM to mention this to the QA person or does no one care since I didn't lose any points? I have also seen blanks in reports that this QA person added to my reports for words that I know I typed correctly because I am very familiar with my accounts and have worked on them for almost 4 years. I could QA for them, but I do not live in India (Ha).

Meh.... - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd just let it go if you didn't lose points. I've had similar stuff happen as well where they made a "correction" like that, but I didn't actually lose points for it. I've had the very situation that you mentioned. I've also had them add in "of" when the doc has dictated a date like "April of 2015." I was taught to transcribe that as April 2015 and drop the "of."

Honestly, even if you did mention it to your TSM, I think there are too many channels it would have to go through to finally get to that particular QA person in India. I doubt it would even get to that person.

Now... if they deduct points for that nonsense... that's another story altogether, and I'd definitely contact my TSM and request reversal on that.

also.... - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I've also had blanks put in where I knew what I had was correct. I've transcribed my exclusives for years and know them well, and these blanks will appear in regular phrases that they've dictated over and over throughout the years. There are never points deducted for those kinds of blanks though. I'm sure these QA people have their own QA process where their work is checked, so if they are unsure of what they are hearing they just blank it to cover their butt. The completed report has already gone to the client, and as long as I'm not getting points deducted, they can do whatever they want with that report. Heck, they can replace the whole report with a bunch of winky face emoticons for all I care, lol. ;)

LOL! - Quinn

[ In Reply To ..]
!

If your account is verbatim, do not correct anything except obvious - punctuation, plural, verb tense, etc, errors

[ In Reply To ..]
Doing stuff the way you learned in school or according to BOS standards is not verbatim. QC and QA are often confused by this, but verbatim means minimal, minimal manipulation, just the way that account has specified they want it.

My accounts are all verbatim, but... - huh?

[ In Reply To ..]
... I've been corrected on both of the examples that the previous posters gave ("off of" and "of" between a month and year). I typed "of" and it was removed, and I got an email from my account manager saying that it wasn't proper grammar and to leave it out. This was on reports that I had sent to QA myself. That was around 4 years ago before Nuance took over our accounts, but I stopped typing "of" in those instances and have never had a problem since... even with all of Nuance's QA shenanigans. If I had someone add the "of" back in my report in the FIESA feedback, I wouldn't even pay it any attention honestly. I think I'll go with what my account manager says is correct and not some QA person in another country.

Not verbatim - Quinn

[ In Reply To ..]
The account I was corrected on is not verbatim. The account specifics say to correct for grammar. If I do ever lose points for it, I can just copy and paste the instructions in my reversal request;)

Should I bother -- YES! SM - AnonQC

[ In Reply To ..]
You were correct and QC or QA is wrong. You are supposed to omit "of" (even if dictated) after "off" and between months and years. Ask your TSM to inform whomever QC'd or QA'd your report.

Similar Messages:

Do You Even Bother.....
Jun 12, 2012

giving a 2-week notice? I am so sick of sitting and waiting for work that doesn't come. I have begged and begged for more work (and there are several late/heavy accounts just sitting there) and still get NOTHING. Would you even bother giving 2 weeks' notice or would you just quit signing in? ...

Why Did They Bother
Jul 23, 2013

Seriously.  What did they lay off like 12 people? What good did that do, really?  It didn't do any good and hurt the ones laid off. ...

Does It Bother Anyone Else....
Dec 09, 2013

that our supervisors never question how someone with 10-15 plus years experience could leave such nonsensical and totally stupid words and phrases in our dictation?  Of course, this is being dinged by offshore.  And, I swear I remember changing or deleting a lot of these, but there they are back again after sending.   ...

Don't Bother
Feb 23, 2014

with that german transcriptionist job on the board. I tried to bluff my way through the test and did not fool them. Next, I will give the french test a shot.   ...

Don't Bother With MedGarde!!!
Jan 26, 2011

In December I was contacted by MedGarde's recruiter to set up a telephone interview.  This was after I had submitted my resume and tested for them.  The interview was 45 minutes and consisted of multiple questions regarding my education, experience, etc.  Then there was a verbal test on computer knowledge.  Then there was a verbal test on medical terminology knowledge.  Afterwards, she thanked me and told me she would be in contact with me by early next week.  ...

Why Bother Sending An Email
Sep 03, 2012

I just wonder, as an MT we are REQUIRED to respond IMMEDIATELY to an email that they say "respond immediately" to.  But if in that email it states any questions, please let us know and you email them back with questions and now 2 weeks later, you still have not received an answer back.  Why is it that we are required to immediately respond and have emailed the same question now a few times and yet no answer from their side.  I wonder how this makes their side of the company run so ...

Why Bother With Exit Interviews
Dec 06, 2013

when all they have to do is read this board to find out why MTs are leaving?  Not that I expect any logical actions from them but since they are paying an outside company to do the interviews, this is an added expense.   ...

It Wouldn't Bother Me To Get Accounts From All
Oct 28, 2014

They would just make the formats for all work types the SAME across the board.  It's NOT the changing of dictators/facilities that is so difficult...it's the having to check 1 thousand different sets of account rules!!!  UGH! ...

Is The Workflow Any Better At Synernet ? Should I Bother Applying ?
Nov 25, 2013

x ...

Should I Even Bother Giving 2 Weeks Notice?
Sep 05, 2014

Really getting fed up....virtually NO work since Labor Day....looking elsewhere and don't want to burn any bridges, but what's the point of giving M*Modal 2 weeks notice if there's no work to type and I could actually be making money at a new job in that 2 weeks' time?! ...

Don't Bother Applying To Superior Global Solutions
May 20, 2014

I just received a call from the CEO stating that they were "making tough decisions" and I was to finish what I was doing and then I was laid off.  They immediately cut off my access to email, the SGS site with the timesheet and Spark. ...

Transtech Doesn't Bother To Contact You If You Fail Their Test?
May 14, 2013

Is Transtech one of those companies that doesn't bother to contact you if you fail their test? Or do they eventually let you know one way or the other?  It has been a couple of weeks since I have tested and haven't heard a peep. ...

Anyone Else Get The Email Telling You How Much
May 07, 2012

They are tracking every key movement while you're in docqscribe and sending it as incentive to help you produce more..Well you got me with a week where my internet was messed up bad,,,so all I can do is go up from here...No warning, they are just watching...I dont like being watched...Applied for a transcription job in a docs office,  if the money is right, Im outta here... ...

After Just Telling Us MT Will Never Make What They Used To And Will
Oct 16, 2012

they dont mention in the ad no pay increased and never making a living wage. ...

Those Telling You MT Is In Demand
Mar 18, 2013

Please don't listen to those telling you that MT is in demand. Those are either schools. or recruiters who work for MTSOs. I suppose we could twist this to mean that MTs are still needed, but what they don't tell you is that the pay is horrendous these days. That being said, if one still chooses to do it, go in with your eyes WIDE OPEN and remember these posts......   ...

Shouldn't AHDI Be Telling MQ
Mar 02, 2010

this is a very dangerous thing to do for patient care? ...

Emdat Shuts Down W/o Me Telling It To?
Aug 03, 2010

Yesterday when I logged in to type in Emdat I could get a report started and then Emdat just shut down.  I logged back in and it closed itself again without me telling it to.  I was working fine Friday at the end of my shift.  I don't understand what is going on with it this week.  I can't call the Emdat help because I do not have long distance on my home phone.  I emailed them but they didn't know how to help me.  This is very frustrating.  I CA ...

Oh Goodie! I Just Got An E-mail Telling Me
Jan 19, 2011

how many times I clicked the mouse while doing ASR last week and how many minutes I was idle in a document.  Gee, could it be that I was looking up a word or checking on a previously dictated document in order to complete the document I was working on in order to produce a good report with no holes? If I want to click my mouse I'll click my mouse! Oh yes, the good news is the e-mail said that I could attend an online class so I can learn how to be more productive and use the "hot ...

Is It Just Me, Or Is Anyone Else Tired Of All Of These SS Emails Telling Us About Our Sm
Jan 27, 2011

obligations to them --WHAT ABOUT THEIR OBLIGATIONS TO US?!!  I still see that "plenty of work TODAY" ad and it makes my blood boil.   I have an email formulated regarding this subject with plans to send to my PM and possibly copy it to the VP of operations, although I am not sure it will do any good.  At this point, though, it seems there is nothing left to lose.  They need to address this issue and explain why they have no work for the current employees yet continue to ...

Another Report Telling Me How Unproductive I Am At ASR
Oct 14, 2011

And how I need to do more, more, more.  You're welcome MedQ (not) ...

Got Booted Off And Now Telling Me I Am Logged In
Nov 18, 2012

and can't log in until I log off elsewhere???? Anybody else??   ...

Doctors Telling Me Where To Punctuate
Mar 21, 2015

I just love to get dictators (not all ESL either) who can't put a proper English sentence together telling me where to use commas, semi-colons, etc.  85% of the time they're incorrect and I want to drive to the hospital and shout at them to TAKE AN ENGLISH CLASS ! ...

I Am So Sick Of ASR IT Telling Me The Software Will Learn!
Apr 26, 2013

It used to be you could file a ticket regarding a word, format or phrase and IT would fix it. Now, all I get is an email stating that the speech engine will learn it from all the MTs' corrections. I even presented them with proof MTs were editing a particular item correctly, and I got the same email! With that particular email, I was told to contact my TSM if there was still that problem. ...

Now Telling Me Unable To Reach Sever!!!!!!!!!!
May 14, 2013

nm ...

Why Are Some CCM's Telling Those Laid Off That It's ALL Part Timers?
Aug 17, 2013

I am part time 24 hours and not a peep out of my CCM/TSM/whatever she is yet.  I would think I would be first in line because she is always giving me a hard time about my hours and my pause time, etc.  Is it still coming?  If not, why are they lying? ...

How Many Out There No Longer Take Pride In Telling People What You Do For A Living?
May 08, 2010

x ...

Well, I'm Really Tired Of New POD Scheduler's Emails Telling Us How Many People She Has To
Dec 01, 2014

How Long You Think It Took For Zylo Suits To Send Email Telling
Jan 13, 2012

x ...

Do I Bother Applying For "no Newbies" Jobs?
Nov 08, 2009

I've just finished MT school and am starting to apply for jobs while I wait for my final grade.  There is nothing in town, I live in a small town and the hospital fired all their MTs, so I need to work from home. But every ad I see says no newbies AND many say school doesn't count for experience. Of course, my school promised that most places did count our training as 2 years' experience, but I have this sinking suspicion they lied. Do I go ahead and apply for these jobs, or ...

This Is America Where People Are Important - Not COWS! So Stop Telling Me I Have "inactive"
May 16, 2012