A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Oh goodie! I just got an e-mail telling me - Daisy

Posted: Jan 19, 2011

how many times I clicked the mouse while doing ASR last week and how many minutes I was idle in a document.  Gee, could it be that I was looking up a word or checking on a previously dictated document in order to complete the document I was working on in order to produce a good report with no holes? If I want to click my mouse I'll click my mouse! Oh yes, the good news is the e-mail said that I could attend an online class so I can learn how to be more productive and use the "hot keys" instead of the mouse. Oh, and by the way - if I choose to attend the class, it's on my own time - not paid! Unbelievable! Do they seriously think I'm going to attend a class so that I can learn how to use an F key in order to speed it up? Who cares! Those are my pennies, not theirs!

To Daisy: ASR - naturegal

[ In Reply To ..]
ditto here, girlfriend and ditto on your comments!! wonder how much they're paying someone to generate these reports -- just makes ya want to puke...

Same here and you know what? - Still clicking away

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried using all the "hot keys" when I first started doing ASR and found I am much faster with the mouse, must be the way my brain works. I do use some "hot keys" I learned, but I am a mouse person and always will be. I spend probably 80% of my "idle time" looking up doctor and assistant names because they don't care to put specialty with names in database and/or dictators don't give first names, spell names, etc. I appreciate them trying to help me be more efficient (sic), but give me something real to work with and fix the obvious obstacles and I will become more efficient and still use my mouse! I love my mouse, probably click it in my sleep, LOL.

I got one last week - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
When I got that exact same email I was so irritated. Now in my ASR reports when I'm reading and my fingers aren't doing anything, I just start clicking for no reason. I'm curious what they'll do if I break a record.

You will have to beat me... - I know there is a prize

[ In Reply To ..]
Wouldnt it be so funny if all of us just kept clicking away and threw their whole production charts out of wack!

As if the production charts were even halfway - accurate to begin with! LOL
[ In Reply To ..]

Great idea! All should just mouse click on blank area in job - to increase mouse clicks. Then SM

[ In Reply To ..]
interesting to see what management has to say about THAT. ROFL

I got one last week - kittykat

[ In Reply To ..]
I have trouble with hitting keys wrong. I am not that fast a typist, but when I start using keys in combination I get strange things and do not know how to undo it, sometimes the undo key does not take out everything. A few months ago I hit shift/ctr (I think that was what it was) and an arrow key and got a screen that was upside down (I am not joking). I had to call the help desk because I did not know what combination. I do better with the mouse, it is safer for me.
LOL -- i really did lol on that one - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I do the same thing sometimes. I've gotten letters with accents over them, funny little symbols and even a musical note once! Not the sound, just the symbol. I've tried to repeat it and I can't figure out what I did to get it.

If everyone did enough mouse-clicks, maybe their - click-counting software would blow a fuse. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

LOL - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That is funny.

I got one several months ago and also got very irritated and replied to it telling them it was none of their business how many times I hit my mouse and wrote CCM that I did not appreciate them sending me those emails and if I want to use my mouse, I will use my mouse. I have never gotten another one.

In my opinion, just another thing to waste money on by paying people to send those useless emails.

I certainly would not worry about it and just keep doing reports the way you always do them. If I do get another one, I will just delete it. Don't have time to waste reading their stupid stuff.

What exactly do these numbers mean - anyway?

[ In Reply To ..]
Seriously.. why are they wasting time on this?

I, for the life of me, do not understand why they think we are being unproductive with our time. We do not get paid hourly!

Doncha wish we could run some performance numbers on them?

my guess - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe the top number is the actual line count and the next number is what the line count would be if the idle minutes were subtracted?

providing a corporate job for washed up QC - JMOH

[ In Reply To ..]
Seriously, the name on the bottom of my email was my old QC. Lets just say that she was a few fries short of a Happy Meal when it came to "quality." It looks like corporate found her a job sending out worthless emails that get deleted. Man I love this company. Gives me hope that if I screw up enough at my job they will give me a corporate job too.

To: JMOH - Wooly Bully

[ In Reply To ..]
The irony of it all - don't that just put the icing on the cake!!!!

Performance numbers run on management would - probably register in the NEGATIVES..... nm

[ In Reply To ..]

the final straw - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Got one of those in early December. Up to that point I was a somewhat happy MQer who toed the line and did my absolute best with all the changes for the last 3 years.

I have just finished training with my new company and did so well in the 100% QA period that they offered me an 80% (yes that is correct, not a typo) bonus for 3 weeks to help with the backlog on a newer client.

I am paid by the audio minute, too, so I get paid for all the fumbling and pauses (and demo info). The down side to that however, is that if you get a report with canned text available, it ends up being an 8 sec audio that you have to proof 100 lines in. Except, it is not ASR, so it is quick.

Life after the Q exists, ladies. Best of luck to all of you. Big brother watching was too much for me.

Daisy - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]
Good gravy! Don't they have anything better to do than to monitor your mouse? Some of those ASR reports have so many edits that all the hot keys in the world are not going to speed things up. In fact, sometimes, it is almost impossible to negotiate changes using them going back and forth on the system I have. Alt K back space or forward etc. Some features in ASR are good some are clumsy. Idle in a document? Somebody needs to get in there and see what has to be done to make a decent report out of some of the garbage that is allowed to go through ASR just to save the client money and give us headaches. Attent a class? Send them a bill for your time.

ASR editors should do a semi-"strike" - and just - send unedited jobs through to the client.

[ In Reply To ..]
Wouldn't that be a riot, if you could be a fly on the wall at the client's end? They'd end up with all these disasters typed by ASR, that unedited, would look more like someone let their cat walk across the keyboard a few times.

Where is your integrity? - HonestMT

[ In Reply To ..]
So let me get this straight. You would just send unedited text to a facility. Let me ask you a question what if it were YOUR report. YOUR consult as you were sick lying in a hospital. You are a disgrace to this profession. There is a patient behind every report you touch, whether it be ASR or transcription. My God, do the profession a favor and find another job.
It went out the window with an honest day's pay - for an honest days work.
[ In Reply To ..]
-
The "disgrace" you talk about is any hospital - sending its transcription to VR.
[ In Reply To ..]
-

ASR productivity - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Does this e-mail have anything to do with not reaching the required line count for that period?

None whatsoever - I get it and I do plenty over the required nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I am reqd 150 lpm and did 300!! got email too. sm - ververyoldMQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
did any of you get the one about allowing too many distractions to come into play?? And the FTR, I use it a lot! Also, looking up new surgical terms, drugs, etc. I for one will not compromise a quality document. I already have taken their pay cut and I have been here a lonnnnnngggg time. Yes, I am an extremely fast typist, but I hate hot keys when the mouse click is quicker, especially in ADT... I am an old dog, so some things new don't really matter when I am well within my production rate even with my mouse clicks deducted. I refuse to be intimidated any longer. I do my job to the best of my ability. I even hold it in and clock in and out for potty breaks for crying out loud!
Whoa, I meant reqd 150 lph! sm - ververyoldMQMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Can u imagine any of us having to do lines per minute!! Now, that is a nightmare... sorry I didn't have a hot key to put it in FTR.. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ha
Basically my report is telling me I spend too - dnr
[ In Reply To ..]
time in a job and my 'goal' is to "Reduce distractions affecting inactive time". Hmmm... They sure don't know that I am spending time trying to figure out a correct doctor's name on this account which is new to me, time in DQM looking up either dictator samples or prior reports on the patient, time in DQM checking the client profile on this labor-intensive job, double checking drugs because the doctor can't pronounce it close enough, checking words that are new to me. If I got the same dictators enough times, I could get faster. Familiarity helps a lot with speed. Doubt they are getting any knowledge into how many times I have said screw it and just started typing because the ASR is taking me much too long to edit. Just maybe ...... my ASR speed has something to do with the crap the program outputs along with never getting enough consistency in dictators to familiarity with a dictator.
PS - I find it interesting that I finally got an - dnr
[ In Reply To ..]
ASR productivity report after complaints about no report had been made on this board. So.... Hoping they are reading the input about the reports :-))
Pehh! Next they'll be telling us we can't be on - Facebook! (Im on it all the time...)
[ In Reply To ..]
If someone wants to monitor my potty breaks - sm- - MT Wordz
[ In Reply To ..]
then I'd be more than happy to help them out with that. Like mounting a PC camera in the toilet bowl, so they can see for themselves what's happening.
Camera in the Bowl...? - LMAO
[ In Reply To ..]
Now that's too funny... they'd probably send the footage to India though given everything else is sent there...
I would title the resulting video "S___ Happens". - hehe
[ In Reply To ..]
catheter - Vet MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Next thing you know a Foley and a colostomy bag will be included in the Welcome to Our Happy Family kits!

No - No message

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Not at all. NM - Daisy

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I would email them back, asking if they didn't have more - important things to do than count - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
people's mouse-clicks! (I can also think of more exciting things to do, as well.. like watching grass grow!)

Why do they think clicking a mouse is counterproductive, anyway? Sheesh! I'm ambidextrous, so I use the mouse with one hand while simultaneously writing in my job log with my other hand.

And I'm much faster clicking on something I can actually see on the screen, and point to with a cursor, than I am trying to memorize, and then find, a bunch of stupid "hot keys".

I sure hope the next step is not taking - Going backward

[ In Reply To ..]
away our "mice" and forcing us to use the keyboard only. I remember MedRite back in the day and we had no mouse, don't know if I could go back to not using one, especially in this platform.

Anyway, glad I am not the only one who finds the mouse more efficient and I don't feel so inadequate now.

I can't even use my daughter's laptop because of the - missing mouse.

[ In Reply To ..]
LEAVE MY MOUSE ALONE!!!!! I hate control/alt whatever. Click it and get on with it.

How could they take a mouse away? Mine is mine, - I paid for it, Im using it, and -

[ In Reply To ..]
nobody is taking it anywhere.

Similar Messages:

Oh Goodie! Incentive! No Thanks!
Mar 16, 2012

Do you seriously think I'm going to get sucked into that? Hah! I think NOT! ...

Another AHDI Goodie...
Dec 04, 2013

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-lowery/7-ways-outsourcing-can-he_b_4350244.html I especially like reason #2. Pardon me while I don't agree with this garbage. ...

Oh Goodie, I Got An Email Stating I Have A Mentor For ASR.
Apr 11, 2012

ie, the shadow mentoring. They say their methods have been effective in increasing ASR production. We will see... The one good thing is they will get to see exactly how much I have to correct their ASR! It might be more educational for them than me. :) I use all the short cuts provided, but I do listen to every single word. ...

Anyone Else Get The Email Telling You How Much
May 07, 2012

They are tracking every key movement while you're in docqscribe and sending it as incentive to help you produce more..Well you got me with a week where my internet was messed up bad,,,so all I can do is go up from here...No warning, they are just watching...I dont like being watched...Applied for a transcription job in a docs office,  if the money is right, Im outta here... ...

After Just Telling Us MT Will Never Make What They Used To And Will
Oct 16, 2012

they dont mention in the ad no pay increased and never making a living wage. ...

Those Telling You MT Is In Demand
Mar 18, 2013

Please don't listen to those telling you that MT is in demand. Those are either schools. or recruiters who work for MTSOs. I suppose we could twist this to mean that MTs are still needed, but what they don't tell you is that the pay is horrendous these days. That being said, if one still chooses to do it, go in with your eyes WIDE OPEN and remember these posts......   ...

Should I Bother Telling My TSM About This...
May 08, 2015

In FIESA I was corrected for, but didn't lose points for,  leaving out the word "of" after the word "off," as I learned in transcription school that it is not correct to say "off of," you just need to say "off." Should I tell my TSM to mention this to the QA person or does no one care since I didn't lose any points? I have also seen blanks in reports that this QA person added to my reports for words that I know I typed correctly because I am very familiar with my accounts and have ...

Shouldn't AHDI Be Telling MQ
Mar 02, 2010

this is a very dangerous thing to do for patient care? ...

Emdat Shuts Down W/o Me Telling It To?
Aug 03, 2010

Yesterday when I logged in to type in Emdat I could get a report started and then Emdat just shut down.  I logged back in and it closed itself again without me telling it to.  I was working fine Friday at the end of my shift.  I don't understand what is going on with it this week.  I can't call the Emdat help because I do not have long distance on my home phone.  I emailed them but they didn't know how to help me.  This is very frustrating.  I CA ...

Is It Just Me, Or Is Anyone Else Tired Of All Of These SS Emails Telling Us About Our Sm
Jan 27, 2011

obligations to them --WHAT ABOUT THEIR OBLIGATIONS TO US?!!  I still see that "plenty of work TODAY" ad and it makes my blood boil.   I have an email formulated regarding this subject with plans to send to my PM and possibly copy it to the VP of operations, although I am not sure it will do any good.  At this point, though, it seems there is nothing left to lose.  They need to address this issue and explain why they have no work for the current employees yet continue to ...

Another Report Telling Me How Unproductive I Am At ASR
Oct 14, 2011

And how I need to do more, more, more.  You're welcome MedQ (not) ...

Got Booted Off And Now Telling Me I Am Logged In
Nov 18, 2012

and can't log in until I log off elsewhere???? Anybody else??   ...

Doctors Telling Me Where To Punctuate
Mar 21, 2015

I just love to get dictators (not all ESL either) who can't put a proper English sentence together telling me where to use commas, semi-colons, etc.  85% of the time they're incorrect and I want to drive to the hospital and shout at them to TAKE AN ENGLISH CLASS ! ...

I Am So Sick Of ASR IT Telling Me The Software Will Learn!
Apr 26, 2013

It used to be you could file a ticket regarding a word, format or phrase and IT would fix it. Now, all I get is an email stating that the speech engine will learn it from all the MTs' corrections. I even presented them with proof MTs were editing a particular item correctly, and I got the same email! With that particular email, I was told to contact my TSM if there was still that problem. ...

Now Telling Me Unable To Reach Sever!!!!!!!!!!
May 14, 2013

nm ...

Why Are Some CCM's Telling Those Laid Off That It's ALL Part Timers?
Aug 17, 2013

I am part time 24 hours and not a peep out of my CCM/TSM/whatever she is yet.  I would think I would be first in line because she is always giving me a hard time about my hours and my pause time, etc.  Is it still coming?  If not, why are they lying? ...

When I Send An E-mail From My MQ Mail, It Shows That It
Dec 16, 2011

came from someone else.  Anybody ever had that problem before and does anybody know who I contact to get it fixed? ...

Mail Purge On MT Mail System 10/16
Oct 12, 2012

What are you all doing with emails you have saved to folders? ...

How Many Out There No Longer Take Pride In Telling People What You Do For A Living?
May 08, 2010

x ...

Well, I'm Really Tired Of New POD Scheduler's Emails Telling Us How Many People She Has To
Dec 01, 2014

How Long You Think It Took For Zylo Suits To Send Email Telling
Jan 13, 2012

x ...

This Is America Where People Are Important - Not COWS! So Stop Telling Me I Have "inactive"
May 16, 2012

Pea Brain Resident, Telling Me Comma, Space, Space,
Feb 15, 2011

Really, shouldn't he be more concerned about the content of the report rather than telling me where to put periods and commas and spaces.  You know I just never would have figured that one out without him! ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

Help With E-mail
Mar 25, 2010

I am applying for a position under "Job Seeker's Board."  When I tried to send the E-mail from the job posting, I got this message.  "The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D" Can somebody please tell me what it means and how to fix it? Thank's!   &nbs ...

E-mail?
Jun 30, 2010

Not that I really WANT to hear from the Q, but am I the only one who does not have e-mail still?  I can log into MQ Central fine, click the "my community" button, and the regular e-mail page does come up but with only four boxes at the top (no e-mail list). One of those boxes says something about currently experiencing problems with MT mail, we are contact with the vendor trying to resolve issues.  That's it.  Rest of the page is white. Am I the only lucky one -- an ...

E,mail
Jun 28, 2010

Aaarrrrrrg - are we EVER going to get e.mail again.  Mine has been down since the wk-end.  Are they working on it or what? ...

Not Getting Much E-mail
Jun 27, 2010

This week I have not been getting much e-mail. Anyone else having this problem? Will I get banned from the forum for sking this question? ...

MQ E-mail
Jun 24, 2010

Anybody having trouble getting into MQ e-mail this morning?? It gives me a message that user name or password is not recognized??? ...

I Mail
Sep 22, 2010

Is anyone having trouble getting into MQ mail?  When I try to get in I get a message that says "No content available - Please check if there is content defined for the markup of your client device."  ??????!!! ...