A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

This is America where people are important - not COWS! So stop telling me I have "inactive" - Daisy

Posted: May 16, 2012

too funny - moo

[ In Reply To ..]
Dont know why you cannot post a message. There is a pretty big box that ya type in. Does it just disappear?

I type a message and when I hit submit it's gone. NM - Daisy

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

when it does that - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
hit your back button then post reply again when you see your text. Dont know why it does that sometimes.
Happens to me a lot too - I do the same
[ In Reply To ..]
So frustrating when you type a long post then have to retype.
I copy mine first - in case it doesnt save
[ In Reply To ..]
then I don't have to retype. Glitches!!

But there are a few Sacred Cows. - Moo.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

How Many Out There No Longer Take Pride In Telling People What You Do For A Living?
May 08, 2010

x ...

Well, I'm Really Tired Of New POD Scheduler's Emails Telling Us How Many People She Has To
Dec 01, 2014

Cows Protocol?
Jun 18, 2011

This one's got me stumped.  It sounds likes "cows" protocol.   Below is the sentence in its entirety. She was also put on a "cows" protocol to protect her from opiate withdrawal. ...

Catheter Position In Biliary Drainage Tube Measured At "stop Cot" ?
Jun 15, 2011

The brachytherapy catheter position was verified at 47 cm into the biliary drainage tube measured at the " stop cot".  ?? ...

Please Stop Transcribing "STENT STYLE" POLYP, Whomever You Are
Mar 05, 2012

As an MT, it just aggravates me to no end to see the same mistakes transcribed over and over by transcription service MTs, or left unedited by VR MTs, and to have no way to inform that MT about the error.  Some MTSOs, you know, aren't responsive.  It isn't as if they provide a complaint hotline. Decided not to post this in the word help forum, since I am not asking for help with a word.  Kind of the opposite.  I wouldn't think this MT would be asking for help, ...

Stop Letting These Companies Advertise Their "jobs" Here....sm
Apr 17, 2011

8 cpl is what I started at 6 or 7 years ago, I'm still seeing this number and of course much lower. How are companies getting away with this nonsense of not paying for spaces, paying 5 cpl, etc. In my opinion 8 cpl + typing for large teaching hospitals with 18 pages of specifications = really low pay. The one way I can think to put an end to these companies and their crappy pay, besides no one taking these jobs, is to stop letting them advertise on MT stars and other MT boards unless they ...

Ever Heard Of Sl "X-STOP" Removal?
Dec 16, 2009

She said it twice and definitely did not say X-flap. ...

Why Do People Post "thank You Notes" Here To Their Companies For Christmas Gifts? Sm
Dec 20, 2010

I sincerely doubt that the company big shots are reading the postings here, plus the anonymity wouldn't make your thank you mean much.  I would think it more appropriate to send a handwritten thank you note, which is what I used to do when I worked for TransTech. I'm glad your comany sends you gifts.  In this day and age, most of us are just lucky to have a job.  Still, it kinda rubs it in to those of us who work for Scrooge companies who treat us like piece worker ...

Working MT From Home A "Hazard" For Single People?
Jun 01, 2010

Right now I'm working inhouse doing MT and I have a part time working from home.  I would like to eventually work from home full-time but someone mentioned to me that because I'm single, I shouldn't do it.  I am aware of the need to have balance of doing MT and interacting with people.  I live alone and I have no pets.   I have plans in mind if I work full-time at home, for ex. volunteer, take a college class, take an exercise class.  I would app ...

Regarding A September Thread About MTs Being "nasty, Miserable" People
Oct 07, 2013

Quote from your post: " MT's are among some of the most nasty, miserable... People I've ever come across."    I'm a little late to the party, but here's my 2 cents for the OP: You appear to be the kind of person who pulls 1 green M&M out of a bag and then assumes all M&Ms in that bag must be green.  There are nearly 100,000 MTs in the US, but only about 400 visit this board.  Do you see where I'm going with this, or do I have to ...

Do They Realize Making It "mandatory" Will Tick A Lot Of People Off
Mar 16, 2015

This "mandatory" OT is just the type of thing to tip a lot of employees to the breaking point, resulting in some quitting.  This will just cause a cycle and get worse.   I wish businesses were like pirate ships, where if the workers were fed up enough and were to collectively agree, they could mutiny and overthrow the captain, putting one of their own in charge who they believe would do better.  I don't believe there are many of us who could do any worse than MM's curre ...

S/l "vitrogedous Therapy From The Derm People" Sm
Dec 31, 2009

My doc is saying, "The difficulty is that he has had apparently "vitrogedous or bitrogedous" therapy from the dermatology people.  He is referring to the nose ala.  I think he is cutting something off the beginning, but not sure.  Any help is really appreciated.  Thanks so much! ...

Inactive Time
Feb 19, 2015

Does everyone realize that we are given inactive time if the moronic dictator decides to call in and wait 300 seconds before actually dictating a report if they dictate anything at all?  I just did a 400 second transcription job and I spent the first 300 seconds listening to the news in the background while he talked about the news.  I finally type the report and get out of it and see that I was "docked" 2.48 seconds for having to listen to NOTHING.  I already got in trouble for " ...

Inactive Time/BOOST Bull!
Jun 28, 2012

Ok, not sure if I'm the only one who had this initial perception of the mentoring program and the BOOST initiative, but it is my impression that during my mentoring session it was kind of IMPLIED that if our inactive time decreased our pay would go up...me thinking my daily pay for SR. Inserted in there ever so sneakily from my mentor is the fact that the inactive time has NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on our daily production pay! A low inactive time only affects PTO, downtime, etc., pay which is ...

Got My ASR Production/inactive Time Statistics ;)
Jul 10, 2012

Of course I'm over the "target". Hmm.... they us answering the phone, searching the internet and walking away from the work station. One huge cause of inactive time they are conspicuously leaving out is taking the time to read client profiles! - Especially when I am getting many jobs outside of my usual BOB. I'm happy to do a good job - follow the CP, make sure I have the right drug and dosage because the doctor can't pronounce the drug well enough, find the correct name of a s ...

Inactive Time Figures For ASR Have Been Really Strange During The Past 2 Days.
May 06, 2013

nm ...

Anyone Else Notice A Dramatic Jump In Inactive Time This Week?
May 15, 2013

haven't had to google anything tonight and have 7 mins in 4 hours?!?!?!?!   ...

Do Our Lines Per Hour Include Or Exclude Inactive Time?
Jun 18, 2014

When figuring your lines per hour, is that for the whole time you are clocked in or is inactive time deducted? ...

Anyone Else Get The Email Telling You How Much
May 07, 2012

They are tracking every key movement while you're in docqscribe and sending it as incentive to help you produce more..Well you got me with a week where my internet was messed up bad,,,so all I can do is go up from here...No warning, they are just watching...I dont like being watched...Applied for a transcription job in a docs office,  if the money is right, Im outta here... ...

After Just Telling Us MT Will Never Make What They Used To And Will
Oct 16, 2012

they dont mention in the ad no pay increased and never making a living wage. ...

Those Telling You MT Is In Demand
Mar 18, 2013

Please don't listen to those telling you that MT is in demand. Those are either schools. or recruiters who work for MTSOs. I suppose we could twist this to mean that MTs are still needed, but what they don't tell you is that the pay is horrendous these days. That being said, if one still chooses to do it, go in with your eyes WIDE OPEN and remember these posts......   ...

Should I Bother Telling My TSM About This...
May 08, 2015

In FIESA I was corrected for, but didn't lose points for,  leaving out the word "of" after the word "off," as I learned in transcription school that it is not correct to say "off of," you just need to say "off." Should I tell my TSM to mention this to the QA person or does no one care since I didn't lose any points? I have also seen blanks in reports that this QA person added to my reports for words that I know I typed correctly because I am very familiar with my accounts and have ...

Shouldn't AHDI Be Telling MQ
Mar 02, 2010

this is a very dangerous thing to do for patient care? ...

Emdat Shuts Down W/o Me Telling It To?
Aug 03, 2010

Yesterday when I logged in to type in Emdat I could get a report started and then Emdat just shut down.  I logged back in and it closed itself again without me telling it to.  I was working fine Friday at the end of my shift.  I don't understand what is going on with it this week.  I can't call the Emdat help because I do not have long distance on my home phone.  I emailed them but they didn't know how to help me.  This is very frustrating.  I CA ...

Oh Goodie! I Just Got An E-mail Telling Me
Jan 19, 2011

how many times I clicked the mouse while doing ASR last week and how many minutes I was idle in a document.  Gee, could it be that I was looking up a word or checking on a previously dictated document in order to complete the document I was working on in order to produce a good report with no holes? If I want to click my mouse I'll click my mouse! Oh yes, the good news is the e-mail said that I could attend an online class so I can learn how to be more productive and use the "hot ...

Is It Just Me, Or Is Anyone Else Tired Of All Of These SS Emails Telling Us About Our Sm
Jan 27, 2011

obligations to them --WHAT ABOUT THEIR OBLIGATIONS TO US?!!  I still see that "plenty of work TODAY" ad and it makes my blood boil.   I have an email formulated regarding this subject with plans to send to my PM and possibly copy it to the VP of operations, although I am not sure it will do any good.  At this point, though, it seems there is nothing left to lose.  They need to address this issue and explain why they have no work for the current employees yet continue to ...

Another Report Telling Me How Unproductive I Am At ASR
Oct 14, 2011

And how I need to do more, more, more.  You're welcome MedQ (not) ...

Got Booted Off And Now Telling Me I Am Logged In
Nov 18, 2012

and can't log in until I log off elsewhere???? Anybody else??   ...

Doctors Telling Me Where To Punctuate
Mar 21, 2015

I just love to get dictators (not all ESL either) who can't put a proper English sentence together telling me where to use commas, semi-colons, etc.  85% of the time they're incorrect and I want to drive to the hospital and shout at them to TAKE AN ENGLISH CLASS ! ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...