A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Those Telling You MT is in Demand - ...are probably schools or recruiters

Posted: Mar 18, 2013

Please don't listen to those telling you that MT is in demand. Those are either schools. or recruiters who work for MTSOs. I suppose we could twist this to mean that MTs are still needed, but what they don't tell you is that the pay is horrendous these days.

That being said, if one still chooses to do it, go in with your eyes WIDE OPEN and remember these posts......

I Agree - Sounds fishy

[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds fishy to me. Okay, yes, perhaps MTs are in demand, but no, you will not get paid well. "In demand" only means they want you to work for slave labor, check the accounts around the clock, and do whatever measely reports come your way. And if you do have work, it will be ASR crud which is not worth your time to fix. If they want to pay me $20 per hour, I'll fix the messes.

No, they are in demand... skilled MTs - 2bz2sleep

[ In Reply To ..]
As I sit here with several hours of dictation in my queue....In my area, we are short-handed. I still stay in touch with my classmates, and we all have too much work and are trying to offload it.

2bz2sleep - Been around the block

[ In Reply To ..]
Enjoy it while you can. It will not last.

Similar Messages:

Which Is In More Demand
Apr 13, 2010

I am trying to figure out what type of coding to take.  Which is in more demand?  CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P  or something else?  Thank you ...

Can An IC Demand Hourly Pay Or Does It Have To Be Cpl?
Nov 06, 2009

Can an IC demand hourly pay or does it have to be cpl? ...

We Need To Demand More Pay As A Profession
Aug 06, 2010

Just need to vent. I have been a medical transcriptionist since the late 1980s and I have seen the trend to cut our pay consistently over the years. It look over 20 years for me to gain the experience I have, in most specialities I might add.  It is very disconcerting to have a company offer 7 to 8 cpl with my experience.   Now, with voice recognition (which it seems most of the larger companies out there have), our pays are cut even more so.  I might add, at least for me, ...

They Wouldn't Have To Demand
Oct 02, 2012

they would put people on their strength worktypes and specialities instead of put us on what we are the weakest at and then complain b/c they are constantly out of TAT.  Just amazing to me how we were asked what our strengths and weaknesses were and after that email, I was put on my weakest out of everything.  Perhaps I am the only one to realize that if you were given the work that you are strongest at, you would be able to go through it faster, but not with Nuance, they seem to thin ...

What's The Most Obnoxious Demand You Have Received?
May 21, 2012

One I found irritation was the doctor calling at 11:30 at night for stat transcriptions...on a regular basis. I had another client who used a recorder and spoke into the speaker instead of mic. Another would dictate an entire paragraph, v e r y s l o w l y, and then say "scratch that" and start over. ...

100% FIESA Review Demand
Jun 12, 2015

You WILL check your FIESA alerts and you WILL do it now. We WON'T pay you for your time and we WON'T care that your unpaid efforts will result in a decrease in your already abysmal pay. Just DO it. Yeah--right. I'm gonna respond to THAT request--not. ...

When They Demand & Threaten To Force You To Work OT,
Mar 29, 2012

they can count me out.  When I feel like part of a team & am asked nicely to help when they're backlogged, I'm more than happy to help.  I think the power goes to some of their heads.  We're not children... ...

Demand-type Myocardial Infarction?
May 02, 2014

Patient has COPD, pericarditis, and emphysema. One of the dx listed s/l "demand type" myocardial infarction. This is for a cardiology followup note. TIA ...

Why Don't Facilities Simply Demand 98% Accuracy From VR Vendors? (nm)
Apr 02, 2015

. ...

Swap Board....back? By Popular Demand?
Apr 06, 2015

Apparently, my team (lucky us) has been selected to participate in a pilot to bring back the Swap Board.  If my memory serves me correctly, it was a ginormous disaster the last time they tried to force it upon us.  This on top of the back log of work, mandatory overtime and switching accounts?  Really?  Am I in the Twilight Zone?   ugh...first resume sent last week...more to follow for sure. ...

Anyone Else Get The Email Telling You How Much
May 07, 2012

They are tracking every key movement while you're in docqscribe and sending it as incentive to help you produce more..Well you got me with a week where my internet was messed up bad,,,so all I can do is go up from here...No warning, they are just watching...I dont like being watched...Applied for a transcription job in a docs office,  if the money is right, Im outta here... ...

After Just Telling Us MT Will Never Make What They Used To And Will
Oct 16, 2012

they dont mention in the ad no pay increased and never making a living wage. ...

Should I Bother Telling My TSM About This...
May 08, 2015

In FIESA I was corrected for, but didn't lose points for,  leaving out the word "of" after the word "off," as I learned in transcription school that it is not correct to say "off of," you just need to say "off." Should I tell my TSM to mention this to the QA person or does no one care since I didn't lose any points? I have also seen blanks in reports that this QA person added to my reports for words that I know I typed correctly because I am very familiar with my accounts and have ...

I'm Starting To Demand To Know A Line Rate In Initial Contact W/company
Feb 06, 2011

... or they tapdance around the question, I'll bluntly refuse right then and there. I saw some positive remarks, so I thought, on here not long ago so I applied to FastChart.  Then after that, find comments about their low pay rate.  I just got a response back from them after about 2 weeks.  Unless someone is truly desperate and needs to take anything they can get, please try to start demanding a line rate before you waste your time testing and jumping through all those hoo ...

Shouldn't AHDI Be Telling MQ
Mar 02, 2010

this is a very dangerous thing to do for patient care? ...

Emdat Shuts Down W/o Me Telling It To?
Aug 03, 2010

Yesterday when I logged in to type in Emdat I could get a report started and then Emdat just shut down.  I logged back in and it closed itself again without me telling it to.  I was working fine Friday at the end of my shift.  I don't understand what is going on with it this week.  I can't call the Emdat help because I do not have long distance on my home phone.  I emailed them but they didn't know how to help me.  This is very frustrating.  I CA ...

Oh Goodie! I Just Got An E-mail Telling Me
Jan 19, 2011

how many times I clicked the mouse while doing ASR last week and how many minutes I was idle in a document.  Gee, could it be that I was looking up a word or checking on a previously dictated document in order to complete the document I was working on in order to produce a good report with no holes? If I want to click my mouse I'll click my mouse! Oh yes, the good news is the e-mail said that I could attend an online class so I can learn how to be more productive and use the "hot ...

Is It Just Me, Or Is Anyone Else Tired Of All Of These SS Emails Telling Us About Our Sm
Jan 27, 2011

obligations to them --WHAT ABOUT THEIR OBLIGATIONS TO US?!!  I still see that "plenty of work TODAY" ad and it makes my blood boil.   I have an email formulated regarding this subject with plans to send to my PM and possibly copy it to the VP of operations, although I am not sure it will do any good.  At this point, though, it seems there is nothing left to lose.  They need to address this issue and explain why they have no work for the current employees yet continue to ...

Another Report Telling Me How Unproductive I Am At ASR
Oct 14, 2011

And how I need to do more, more, more.  You're welcome MedQ (not) ...

Got Booted Off And Now Telling Me I Am Logged In
Nov 18, 2012

and can't log in until I log off elsewhere???? Anybody else??   ...

Doctors Telling Me Where To Punctuate
Mar 21, 2015

I just love to get dictators (not all ESL either) who can't put a proper English sentence together telling me where to use commas, semi-colons, etc.  85% of the time they're incorrect and I want to drive to the hospital and shout at them to TAKE AN ENGLISH CLASS ! ...

Hackers Demand $10 Million After Hijacking Millions Of Virginia Medical Records
Dec 22, 2009

This was in a UK paper but I don't recall hearing about it here in the US. Hmmm.....I wonder why.  Here's the link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1178276/Hackers-demand--10m-ransom-hijacking-millions-medical-records.html ...

I Am So Sick Of ASR IT Telling Me The Software Will Learn!
Apr 26, 2013

It used to be you could file a ticket regarding a word, format or phrase and IT would fix it. Now, all I get is an email stating that the speech engine will learn it from all the MTs' corrections. I even presented them with proof MTs were editing a particular item correctly, and I got the same email! With that particular email, I was told to contact my TSM if there was still that problem. ...

Now Telling Me Unable To Reach Sever!!!!!!!!!!
May 14, 2013

nm ...

Why Are Some CCM's Telling Those Laid Off That It's ALL Part Timers?
Aug 17, 2013

I am part time 24 hours and not a peep out of my CCM/TSM/whatever she is yet.  I would think I would be first in line because she is always giving me a hard time about my hours and my pause time, etc.  Is it still coming?  If not, why are they lying? ...

How Many Out There No Longer Take Pride In Telling People What You Do For A Living?
May 08, 2010

x ...

Well, I'm Really Tired Of New POD Scheduler's Emails Telling Us How Many People She Has To
Dec 01, 2014

How Long You Think It Took For Zylo Suits To Send Email Telling
Jan 13, 2012

x ...

This Is America Where People Are Important - Not COWS! So Stop Telling Me I Have "inactive"
May 16, 2012

Pea Brain Resident, Telling Me Comma, Space, Space,
Feb 15, 2011

Really, shouldn't he be more concerned about the content of the report rather than telling me where to put periods and commas and spaces.  You know I just never would have figured that one out without him! ...