A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Emdat shuts down w/o me telling it to? - MTmom

Posted: Aug 03, 2010

Yesterday when I logged in to type in Emdat I could get a report started and then Emdat just shut down.  I logged back in and it closed itself again without me telling it to.  I was working fine Friday at the end of my shift.  I don't understand what is going on with it this week.  I can't call the Emdat help because I do not have long distance on my home phone.  I emailed them but they didn't know how to help me.  This is very frustrating.  I CAN'T WORK!!!!  Anyone had this happen to them before?  If so, how do I fix it?  Thanks in advance

What OS is on your computer? - EmdatQA

[ In Reply To ..]
Occasionally when I have Internet connection problems with Emdat's server, my computer will shut down Emdat. It did not do it the same way on my older computer with Windows XP, but on my newer computer with Vista, it will do that. Maybe you could reboot your computer and get a better IN connection. I have never had problems with the Emdat program other than those associated with internet connection issues.

XP - MTmom

[ In Reply To ..]
I have Windows XP and that is what I had Friday when Emdat was working correctly. I just cannot figure out what happened over the weekend to make a change in Emdat to make it shut down on me like this because I haven't been on the computer all weekend. I have DSL so my internet connection is fine. I am still waiting for Emdat to call me back. I am getting frustrated I know that. I have bills to pay

hi - rahul

[ In Reply To ..]
check your internet

Check my internet for what? - MTmom

[ In Reply To ..]
What exactly am I checking my internet for? I have dsl and my connection is good. I have even tried turning off my firewall but that did not make a difference either. Thanks

Are you still not working? - EmdatQA

[ In Reply To ..]
the second poster gave the same advice I gave - that it is probably a problem with you internet connection. You can run tests on your computer to check your internet connection. To just sit back and say "I have DSL so that can't be the problem" is not going to get whatever problem you are having resolved. Right click over the internet connection moniker on your computer and chose "diagnose and repair". If you are not techie inclined, you could buy a $5 phone card and use it to call Emdat Tech Support or ask a friend if you can borrow their cell phone. Even shutting down your computer and restarting it will refresh your internet connection. You can always open you Control Panel on your computer and look at Networking and Sharing to take a look at your current connectivity. With Emdat open,click File, then select "test internet connection." You will need to be proactive as you are the one asking for help.

Emdat Is Working Now!!! - MTmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Ok, I have been on the phone with the Emdat help/support guys this morning. They have been on my computer checking things out. They had me to go to the Microsoft website and download, install, and restart my computer until there were not anymore updates to download and Emdat Works Now. I feel kinda silly because I should have known to do that, but when I download updates I only do the "High Priority" ones. To get Emdat working I had to download and install all of the updates. So thanks Emdat for your help. I can work now YAY!

Similar Messages:

Internet Shuts Down With Each Job - Help?!
Jan 23, 2012

I use Express Scribe and for no apparent reason three days ago the internet began shutting down EVERY time I click on my next job - I have to open everything back up up to four times before it will finally open the job. I work for dictators who often do 30-second dictations so I spend most of my day opening the internet and Express Scribe back up - maddening! My employer can't help and the techs told her it sounded like security/firewall issue but I haven't updated or added that, onl ...

Emdat Compatible With EMDAT And Stedman's
Jan 02, 2010

Does anyone know if Windows 7 is compatible with Emdat AND Stedman's Smarttype? Thanks ...

Anyone Else Get The Email Telling You How Much
May 07, 2012

They are tracking every key movement while you're in docqscribe and sending it as incentive to help you produce more..Well you got me with a week where my internet was messed up bad,,,so all I can do is go up from here...No warning, they are just watching...I dont like being watched...Applied for a transcription job in a docs office,  if the money is right, Im outta here... ...

After Just Telling Us MT Will Never Make What They Used To And Will
Oct 16, 2012

they dont mention in the ad no pay increased and never making a living wage. ...

Those Telling You MT Is In Demand
Mar 18, 2013

Please don't listen to those telling you that MT is in demand. Those are either schools. or recruiters who work for MTSOs. I suppose we could twist this to mean that MTs are still needed, but what they don't tell you is that the pay is horrendous these days. That being said, if one still chooses to do it, go in with your eyes WIDE OPEN and remember these posts......   ...

Should I Bother Telling My TSM About This...
May 08, 2015

In FIESA I was corrected for, but didn't lose points for,  leaving out the word "of" after the word "off," as I learned in transcription school that it is not correct to say "off of," you just need to say "off." Should I tell my TSM to mention this to the QA person or does no one care since I didn't lose any points? I have also seen blanks in reports that this QA person added to my reports for words that I know I typed correctly because I am very familiar with my accounts and have ...

Shouldn't AHDI Be Telling MQ
Mar 02, 2010

this is a very dangerous thing to do for patient care? ...

Oh Goodie! I Just Got An E-mail Telling Me
Jan 19, 2011

how many times I clicked the mouse while doing ASR last week and how many minutes I was idle in a document.  Gee, could it be that I was looking up a word or checking on a previously dictated document in order to complete the document I was working on in order to produce a good report with no holes? If I want to click my mouse I'll click my mouse! Oh yes, the good news is the e-mail said that I could attend an online class so I can learn how to be more productive and use the "hot ...

Is It Just Me, Or Is Anyone Else Tired Of All Of These SS Emails Telling Us About Our Sm
Jan 27, 2011

obligations to them --WHAT ABOUT THEIR OBLIGATIONS TO US?!!  I still see that "plenty of work TODAY" ad and it makes my blood boil.   I have an email formulated regarding this subject with plans to send to my PM and possibly copy it to the VP of operations, although I am not sure it will do any good.  At this point, though, it seems there is nothing left to lose.  They need to address this issue and explain why they have no work for the current employees yet continue to ...

Another Report Telling Me How Unproductive I Am At ASR
Oct 14, 2011

And how I need to do more, more, more.  You're welcome MedQ (not) ...

Got Booted Off And Now Telling Me I Am Logged In
Nov 18, 2012

and can't log in until I log off elsewhere???? Anybody else??   ...

Doctors Telling Me Where To Punctuate
Mar 21, 2015

I just love to get dictators (not all ESL either) who can't put a proper English sentence together telling me where to use commas, semi-colons, etc.  85% of the time they're incorrect and I want to drive to the hospital and shout at them to TAKE AN ENGLISH CLASS ! ...

I Am So Sick Of ASR IT Telling Me The Software Will Learn!
Apr 26, 2013

It used to be you could file a ticket regarding a word, format or phrase and IT would fix it. Now, all I get is an email stating that the speech engine will learn it from all the MTs' corrections. I even presented them with proof MTs were editing a particular item correctly, and I got the same email! With that particular email, I was told to contact my TSM if there was still that problem. ...

Now Telling Me Unable To Reach Sever!!!!!!!!!!
May 14, 2013

nm ...

Why Are Some CCM's Telling Those Laid Off That It's ALL Part Timers?
Aug 17, 2013

I am part time 24 hours and not a peep out of my CCM/TSM/whatever she is yet.  I would think I would be first in line because she is always giving me a hard time about my hours and my pause time, etc.  Is it still coming?  If not, why are they lying? ...

How Many Out There No Longer Take Pride In Telling People What You Do For A Living?
May 08, 2010

x ...

Well, I'm Really Tired Of New POD Scheduler's Emails Telling Us How Many People She Has To
Dec 01, 2014

How Long You Think It Took For Zylo Suits To Send Email Telling
Jan 13, 2012

x ...

This Is America Where People Are Important - Not COWS! So Stop Telling Me I Have "inactive"
May 16, 2012

Pea Brain Resident, Telling Me Comma, Space, Space,
Feb 15, 2011

Really, shouldn't he be more concerned about the content of the report rather than telling me where to put periods and commas and spaces.  You know I just never would have figured that one out without him! ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

EMDAT?
Nov 04, 2010

Any opinions on this platform welcome.  I searched and found some older posts, but not sure if the platfor has improved.  Thanks for your help!  ...

EMDAT MT
Nov 10, 2010

Hello!!  I was just wondering if anyone could help me out and let me know if you know what companies use EMDAT.  Thanks so much!! ...

Is Anyone Using Emdat?
Jul 19, 2011

Hello everybody:  Just wondering if anyone out there is using Emdat?  If so, what can you tell me about it?  Are you happy?  Was it a good move? ...

Looking For EMDAT
Jun 05, 2012

I'm currently searching for a new job, but I'm trying to stay with companies that use EMDAT, as this is my most recent experience and what I'm most comfortable with.  In just doing internet searches, I've managed to find a few, but none of them are hiring right now.  Does anyone out there know of any other companies using EMDAT that I can check and see if they're hiring? ...

Anyone Using EMDAT - Can You Tell Me How To
Jun 11, 2012

put -year-old into autotext so that I can just type yo after the number and have it work out?  I've been trying to figure this out and I can't get it to work.  TIA :-) ...

EMDAT
Apr 12, 2014

Would somebody be willing to tell me a little bit about EMDAT?  I have never used the software and from what I've heard, it is very simple and productive.  I find it to be just the opposite. Is dictation completed using a foot pedal or is it geared for keyboard controls only?  Is word-expander software utilizable with EMDAT. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lynette     ...

Need Help - Emdat
May 07, 2014

Just started job doing VR using Emdat ShadowScribe II. Finding the editing very difficult on this platform. Any suggestions, thanks! ...

Emdat Platform
Oct 12, 2009

Is this system difficult. Is it voice recognition? ...

Vista And EMDAT...
Dec 09, 2009

For those that use Vista and EMDAT/Inscribe, have you had problems downloading and using the platform?  If so, what issues did you encounter?  Thanks!! ...