A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Company hiring for MT inhouse just gave me a call - Birmingham AL MT

Posted: Sep 29, 2010

Paying 15.00 an hour.  It is temp to hire. Hours 8 am to 5 pm, Unfortunately, I already have an inhouse day shift job.  They asked if I knew anyone who would be interested.  Couldn't think of a soul.

Wish I lived in Birmingham!!!!! - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
Hopefully someone from this board lives in that area and can have an opportunity to appliy and get the info they need from you via email. I wish all MTs who have this chance the best of luck!!!!!

I do both in-house and at home transcription (sm - Sandy

[ In Reply To ..]
That is why I keep my in-house position. They pay me $18 an hour to do their transcription and I also work part-time for a national.

In-house versus at home - cindy

[ In Reply To ..]
I would run, walk or swim to that job. I have done both over the past 25 years and it is so much nicer to get paid by the hour. You can actually take a break, chat with others for a couple of minutes and you don't have to type every second of the day to make money. Those in-house jobs are rare and far and few between in this world of MTSO. The hospitals around my area don't have any positions, they outsource every thing.
I agree with Cindy! sm - melmt
[ In Reply To ..]
I would LOVE an in-house employee position again! Had one years ago - now I'm at-home IC. Hmmm, I already live in the south - maybe a move to Birmingham wouldn't be that bad ... LOL. Best of luck to whoever does snag the job. :)

I sent you an email but you could - may be a good match

[ In Reply To ..]
you could email back from this post.

Similar Messages:

What Company Is Hiring New MT's Please/Thank You
Jun 04, 2010

I have been in school for the last two years updating my computer and Transcription skills. Who is hiring New MT's ...

What Does It Mean When A Company Is Hiring
Jan 17, 2012

for that company or MQ?  I'm confused on a recent ad that I thought of applying to.  It says part of MQ, but lists another company name.  Are they entities of MQ or ?  Does anyone know?  TIA ...

Did Anyone Else Get A Call From CCM For Company Survey?
Jun 11, 2011

Q wanting to know how satisfied I was working for them and what suggestions I could make. ...

I Got A Call From The Company Q Hired
Oct 08, 2011

OMG!  It felt soooo good to tell her exactly what my problems were there, and her responses often made me feel as though she had heard everything before.  She was uber nice, and I told her that my problem wasn't w/ her but the company.  She laughed again, told me she understood, and told me that Q needed to know where their problems were.  I also suggested to her the boss swap show (can't remember the name but don't watch it) needed the CEO to be strapped to my ...

I'm Actually Interviewing With Another Company During This Call
Oct 15, 2012

nm ...

Asking For ANY Input On A Company Does Not Call For
Jun 09, 2013

When MTs ASK what you know about a company, I do appreciate the Good and the Bad.  Please don't get Ugly here.  Not all good about any of these services and what they have done to people and their jobs.  We have low wages, difficult dictators, and platforms that are new and old.  Personally, I want to know both sides before I make my own common sense decision.  I appreciate any input other MTs have. The one post wanted to know about a company and then answered to th ...

I Just Found Out That My Company Is Hiring Sm
Jan 18, 2010

a couple hundred MTs in the next couple of months. Apparently, they got several MQ hospitals. Good for me, not so good for MQ. ...

My Company Is Hiring When I Don't Have Enough Work
Mar 31, 2011

Perfect, just perfect, lol. Amphion by the way. ...

Before I Call My Internet Company And Complain, Again.
Jun 27, 2012

The downloads are ridiculously slow and the searches in documanage are even worse.. ...

Out Of Work, Yet Company Still Hiring - I'm Thinking
Jan 07, 2014

I'm thinking of sending my resume in to my current job, since they're hiring, for part-time work, since I'm sitting in front of my computer without work.  I don't understand why this happens.   AND....to all those applying and getting hired at said company that keeps running out of work yet continues to hire, if I started a job and soon after ran out of work, that would be a huge red flag, and I think I would move on.   ...

Radiology Jobs - Any Company Hiring ?
May 13, 2014

I wanted to ask if anyone knows or works for a company hiring for radiology transcription, even if its editing??  ...

Doesn't Company Hiring IC Need SS And 1099 Filled Out?
Sep 26, 2012

Hi, I am new to the independent contractor thing, but shouldn't a company that has "hired" you as an independent contrator have your SS and a 1099 filled out by you?   Just wondering as it seems to me this is necessary and since it is not being done, it makes me wonder about this company that much more, espcially since others have stated they have not been paid by this company.   I guess if they are not planning on paying me they don't need a 1099 or SS# huh?  ...

Calif Transcription Riverside, CA- Any Info On This Company? Are They Hiring? TIA
Dec 07, 2009

nm ...

Company Provided Computer Other Than MM And Nuance? Precyse Not Hiring Now.
Jul 18, 2014

Nuance not paying me enough to afford my own computer.   ...

I Just Saw An Add For An Inhouse MT Position....
Dec 15, 2009

and the pay is $10 - $14 an hour, depending on experience.   Are you kidding me???  ...

Inhouse Vs Home
Aug 31, 2012

Hello! Can anyone tell me how much difference on average is the pay working inhouse for a clinic (not a hospital) versus working as an IC from home? Thank you for you time! :)  ...

OMG! Just Got A New Job As An Inhouse Coder
Jul 12, 2014

(not my first), and STARTING pay is $60K a year!  I'm ecstatic!  Can't give out the name of the hospital, but will give out the state:  OREGON ...

Low Wage For Inhouse Transcriptionist
Jun 30, 2011

Hello: I interviewed today for a psychology practice that is offering $8.50/hour for a receptionist/transcriptionist position (for 3 psychologists).  I thought, well, perhaps there is not much transcription involved, but was told that would be the majority of the workday.  I feel this would be interesting work, I need the benefits provided, and all the doctors are English as first language speakers (a bonus!).   I was told all of the doctors are very caring people ...

Heard Back From Inhouse Job!
Jun 17, 2013

Oh man I don't want to get my hopes up but I submitted my application the other day and today was asked to do the online "organizational fit assessment."  I don't know if I answered the questions correctly but I did the best I could.  So we'll see.  Inhouse jobs don't come up very often in my community - almost never! and this one has other responsibilities too.  I should add that I think I owe a lot to Preptel.com.  It's a website I saw posted h ...

I Am Blessed To Have The Opportunity To Work Both As An IC And Inhouse.
Jan 25, 2010

There are good things about both sides.  I get paid more inhouse but I have more free time with IC. ...

Found An Inhouse Job And I Am Out Of This Online Nightmare
May 06, 2011

I was finally able to get hired by a local hospital that very rarely has openings. I will get to work from home once I am up to speed on their platform....doing VR....getting paid by the hour....benefits for the family of only $200/month....and PTO time. I couldn't be happier. I have been slugging it out with MTSOs for 10 years and am finally getting out of this rat race. It was music to my ears when I asked what the chances are of them ever turning their work over to a MTSO and they sa ...

Opinion Please: Friend Changing From Inhouse To MQ
Jan 08, 2012

Ok, I have a friend who has worked inhouse for a few years for a large hospital.  She makes $14 an hour with shift differential.  They have pretty much cut the incentive pay out.  She really doesn't get that I don't think anymore.  She is fustrated with her boss and is considering going to Medquist radiology transcription.  Another friend who works on the radiology side of MQ said she has not ran of work before and has 5 accounts to work on, etc.  She says ...

From Inhouse To Working Remotely For MTSO
Jun 19, 2014

I have heard too many times where a hospital is outsourcing their transcription department and you must take the job with the MTSO, and you cannot get unemployment benefits if you don't take the job.  I have been thru it twice. Both times it was done in the most unprofessional way; in 1998 and again in 2011, two different hospitals in two different states. Both times, they lied to us, saying we must go with the MTSO and won't qualify for unemployment.  When you are laid off ...

Friend Wants To Quit Inhouse Job To Work MedQuist
Jan 08, 2012

Someone who works at Medquist on the radiology side said that radiology isn't as bad as the acute care side.  She said she has not ran out of work yet, and she has been there several months.  I know what I see on these boards about the acute care side.  Does this pertain to the radiology side too or is it different?  ...

Was Let Go Because QA Gave Me 97%
Mar 29, 2010

I was let go from my full time job of 10 years.  I dont think I can collect unemployment if I have a part time typing job............ can I? ...

Gave Up Transcription
Jan 23, 2010

Had to give it up after almost 17 years.  My wrists are shot (CTS) (surgery failed to help) and have cervical radiculopathy (numbness and tingling in arms and hands constantly and shooting pains up forearms).  Went on Work comp then SSD.  Get out before you ruin your health.  It's not worth it. ...

Exactly Why I Gave No Notice
Apr 25, 2010

I read the post below from the MDI/Transcend MT who is struggling with BeyondTXT.  When I was informed last week that this platform was going to be installed on my computer in a day or so and then training would take place for God knows how long, I  hung up during the conference call and immediately resigned.  I had started another job, which I was going to give a trial period before leaving Transcend, but I realized that taking the time and effort to learn this unfriendly user pl ...

Gave Notice To The Q
Dec 14, 2010

Hi all.  I've been doing medical transcription for over 20 years, and have been with the Q for almost 12 years (the first year in the office and at home, and then they sent us all home).  Been through all kinds of changes, from working in the local office and at home, to working at home, to being moved to the responsibility of another office, to that office closing down, then to working for a "virtual office" and finally a "service area."  I lost count of how many superv ...

Just Gave My Notice!
Aug 11, 2011

Just gave my notice! Working for the Q was just too stressful! Pay was crap, hours were crap.  I couldn't take it anymore! I went from an awesome job making about 25 bucks an hour with great hours to the Q? My other company closed down (it was local) thanks to EMR.  I must have been desperate.  Just accepted another job for better pay and better hours.. ...

What Companies Gave
Dec 17, 2013

nm ...