A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

company provided computer other than MM and Nuance? Precyse not hiring now. - searchedboards

Posted: Jul 18, 2014

Nuance not paying me enough to afford my own computer.  

Try Transtech - they used to about a year or so ago-NM - Lucy

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Synernet gives you their icky Thin Client but no monitor. nm - SMT

[ In Reply To ..]

Does XP still meet requirements? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I use XP for Transtech. - I use my own but..

[ In Reply To ..]
they also supplied one.

Equipment - Bailey

[ In Reply To ..]
I used my own equipment at Transtech about a year ago and it was XP so I assume it is still okay. They did at that time provide their equipment also. Some companies still accept XP.

it's not just the giant services that do this - JanieC

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm "job shadowing" the medical records director at a local healthcare facility. Besides her on-site MTs, she uses 2 IC MTs who work on specific accounts. They likely end up having to do other accounts to make a full work load, BUT, she said they are provided the computer and equipment (on top of that, she pays very generously). So you never know...

Opti-Script provides the equipment and so does Diskriter, sm - SMT

[ In Reply To ..]
or at least they used to, but Opti-Script usually posts an ad when they are hiring. I am sorry for your financial situation. If you want a computer of your own, they do have models that are relatively cheap and places like HSN and QVC will sell computers for 5 payments at no interest.

Good luck to you. Not having enough money is no fun, obviously -- BTDT.

And the queen of delete strikes again. nm - LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
//

Similar Messages:

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

Are There Companies That Provide Computer Besides MModal? Have Heard Precyse Isn't Hiring. NM
Mar 09, 2014

xx ...

Medquist Provided Computer?
Jan 16, 2010

Does Medquist still provide a computer to transcriptionists.  If so, is there a rental fee or deposit fee?  Also,  is this only for full-time or also for part-time?  Thanks! ...

I Have A Shorthand Icon On My MModal Provided Computer Desktop...
Apr 01, 2013

It says it is a trail version though.  Did everyone pay for their own word expander or did MModal provide it?  I'm wondering why they put Shorthand on desktop and then we have to pay for it.  ...

Acct Going To Escription, Nuance Won't Upgrade Company Sypplied Computer- Sm
Apr 30, 2013

Nuance says they will make a $300 loan toward purchase of a personal computer to work on te account, paid in 26 installments. I know a decent computer that has their specifications will cost more than that. What to do?  I'm on Dictaphone now. ...

For Those Of You With Computers Provided By Your Company SM
Nov 02, 2009

Hi there - i work for a hospital but we were sent home to type 1 year ago. Now my Norton's antivirus is up I was just told by the director of our department that I have to pay for the subscription myself ($45!) and then be reimbursed by the hospital....is this the way it is done?  Seems to me it is a little iffy - just wanted some opinions....thanks! ...

Antivirus Provided By Company
Oct 10, 2014

Does anyone know if iMedX installs tracking software under the guise of an antivirus program on employees personal computers when hired?  ...

If A Company Has Provided You With Equipment, When You Quit, Sm
Oct 27, 2014

do they hold your final check until they receive the equipment? My payday is supposed to be Friday and they were supposed to send me the tags to send back the equipment, but I have not received them yet, and I am thinking I will maybe not be paid on Friday if they have not received the equipment. TIA ...

Precyse Hiring Practices
Feb 07, 2013

Hi everyone:)  This is in reference to the message left about applying for work at Precyse.  One MT stated that their hiring practices left a lot to be desired and she took the test and felt she wasted her time.  I am now among the ranks of those that tried and didn't make it.  I took the test, and looked over everything carefully and felt I had done a good job.  I took the job in the late evening and not even 1 hour later I got a message that I was not a "good fit ...

Precyse Solutions - Thinking About Hiring On
Feb 28, 2012

Does anybody know anything about Precyse Solutions.  Thinking about hiring on. ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Precyse Solutions - Anything About This Company?
Nov 10, 2009

Does anyone work for Precyse Solutions or know anything about this company?  I was wondering if they have plenty of work and are getting any new accounts soon?  Thank you in advance for any information that anyone can give to me. ...

Precyse Solutions - Considering Working For This Company
Jul 27, 2010

I'm considering working for this company.  I have an interview scheduled.  Can any current employees let me know what you think of the company?  Most of what I have read does not sound good. :-( ...

Been With Precyse 90 Days, AWESOME Company
Nov 05, 2013

I can't believe I put up with Nuance for soooo long!   Precyse is just  AWESOME! ...

Is Precyse A Good Company To Work For?
Jan 30, 2015

I am planning to test for Precyse and just wondering if it is worth my time?  From what I've been able to find there have been a lot of good remarks about them, but everything I was finding if from 2007.  I'm wondering how they are to work for NOW? ...

Stay Away From Precyse... Horrible Company!
Jun 23, 2015

nm ...

Precyse Or Nuance
Feb 28, 2012

Trying to decide between these two offers.  Any advice or opinions? ...

What Company Is Hiring New MT's Please/Thank You
Jun 04, 2010

I have been in school for the last two years updating my computer and Transcription skills. Who is hiring New MT's ...

What Does It Mean When A Company Is Hiring
Jan 17, 2012

for that company or MQ?  I'm confused on a recent ad that I thought of applying to.  It says part of MQ, but lists another company name.  Are they entities of MQ or ?  Does anyone know?  TIA ...

Preference? Nuance Or Precyse?
Jul 22, 2013

I'm taking a short poll.  You don't have a job at all.  You have 2 offers; Nuance and Precyse.  Based on your OVERALL opinion of both companies, one word answers please, Nuance or Precyse?  Thanks. ...

I Just Found Out That My Company Is Hiring Sm
Jan 18, 2010

a couple hundred MTs in the next couple of months. Apparently, they got several MQ hospitals. Good for me, not so good for MQ. ...

My Company Is Hiring When I Don't Have Enough Work
Mar 31, 2011

Perfect, just perfect, lol. Amphion by the way. ...

Out Of Work, Yet Company Still Hiring - I'm Thinking
Jan 07, 2014

I'm thinking of sending my resume in to my current job, since they're hiring, for part-time work, since I'm sitting in front of my computer without work.  I don't understand why this happens.   AND....to all those applying and getting hired at said company that keeps running out of work yet continues to hire, if I started a job and soon after ran out of work, that would be a huge red flag, and I think I would move on.   ...

Radiology Jobs - Any Company Hiring ?
May 13, 2014

I wanted to ask if anyone knows or works for a company hiring for radiology transcription, even if its editing??  ...

Company Computer
Jun 03, 2014

I currently have a company-issued computer and when hired I think I signed the boiler plate agreement not to add any programs.  I really want to load my Instant Text so I do not have to rebuild everything.  I am not tech saavy so was wondering if the company can tell if I actually put anything on the computer?  I know they can go into my computer if I use a program that allows them to get into my machine and make adjustments but not sure if they can monitor it in any other way?  Thanks for a ...

Company Hiring For MT Inhouse Just Gave Me A Call
Sep 29, 2010

Paying 15.00 an hour.  It is temp to hire. Hours 8 am to 5 pm, Unfortunately, I already have an inhouse day shift job.  They asked if I knew anyone who would be interested.  Couldn't think of a soul. ...

Doesn't Company Hiring IC Need SS And 1099 Filled Out?
Sep 26, 2012

Hi, I am new to the independent contractor thing, but shouldn't a company that has "hired" you as an independent contrator have your SS and a 1099 filled out by you?   Just wondering as it seems to me this is necessary and since it is not being done, it makes me wonder about this company that much more, espcially since others have stated they have not been paid by this company.   I guess if they are not planning on paying me they don't need a 1099 or SS# huh?  ...

Returning Company Computer
Sep 04, 2013

Has anybody involved in the terminations from last month received pickup labels or boxes to return company computer yet? ...

Keeping Company Computer?
Jan 15, 2014

I gave notice last week. I hate everything about this company EXCEPT I love their computer and monitor. Does anyone know if keeping it rather than returning it is an option?...and if so, if they ask a ridiculous amount of $$ to do so? ...

Buying Out A Company Computer?
Dec 04, 2014

I currently have a company-provided computer that I work from (Webmedx). I think I remember somewhere a long time ago that I can have the option of buying the computer if I leave the company. Does anyone know any info on this? If I quit Nuance, can I buy this computer from them? I don't have another one. TIA! ...