Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I also went - through a coding course. sm

Posted: Nov 24th, 2019 - 8:57 am In Reply to: Other (non-medical) transcription... - Still cranky, still on the beach

I did not finish the practicum. I did not like it either. I also looked at jobs on Indeed and found they were not paying that well unless I wanted to work for a medical coding/billing company only and I'd be stuck on a computer screen in a cubby-hole somewhere and still isolated only to make about 15 an hour if I was lucky. The only way I could make more money was to have at least 2 years of experience and every single credential associated with medical billing and coding. All I lost was a little time about a thousand, so now I sit with outdated coding books because they change every year. Didn't like it at all, felt like I'd have a headache no matter what with medical billing and coding. Too much work for too little money.

I was wondering if anyone does survey taking for extra money? I already have a full-time job that is non-medical and outside the home, but I'm looking to get out of MT for good. I do a small account for a company but there's never any work.

General transcription as far as insurance transcription doesn't pay very well and it makes me tense and my neck hurts and I can't stand trying to decipher what people are saying on a cell phone standing on a windy street corner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)