Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Reality check - for sure

Posted: Nov 16th, 2019 - 2:16 am In Reply to: Thanks for the reality check - Heather

I promise you they are not lying. You could ask 100 MTs here and probably 90 of them would tell you the same thing. Very few are lucky to still have decent income and no telling how long that will last.

I've been doing this for 17 years. I made about 60k a year PART TIME about 10 years ago. I live in a state where minimum wage is $13 an hour and I hardly ever make that much (on a very good night). So yes, teenagers flipping burgers at McDonald's make more money than me. If it weren't for my own medical issues and taking care of my mom I would have quit loooooong ago.

I talk people out of this line of work all the time. It's something people are trying to get out of, not into.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)