Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

getting started - groovy

Posted: Nov 21st, 2019 - 8:08 am In Reply to: How do I get started? - Heather

Try Hillcrest Beginning Transcription. Its what some colleges used (may still use but don't know) for teaching transcription. You can purchase on amazon and could potentially teach yourself.
If you are looking to get your feet wet, you could try Rev.com, Scribie.com. These are general transcripton sites that pay you to do short (usually under 6 mins) audio.
I came into working at home just about 2 years ago, after I lost my 20+ year career due to big corporate hospital takeover.
Dont mind being at home, but pay is something to be desired. If you're looking for good pay, you'd be better off trying to get into a hospital transcription department. Some even let you work from home after a certain time spent on site.
It wasnt too costly for me to start at home. I already had my own foot pedal and expresscribe software because I had been doing some audio transcription....oh that reminds me, you can sign up with Upwork too. Its website for freelancers. They offer all kinds of projects. Worth looking at anyway.
If I can help you in anyway, just shoot me an email.
Good luck to you.
Have a groovy day!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)