Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It already - is in some cases.

Posted: Nov 17th, 2019 - 1:06 pm In Reply to: The purpose of AI is to elilminate editing - sm

Someone in another thread said they only 2% edit, so I highly doubt they'll need that editor in the very near future.

We are only here to train it so it can go straight through to the client.

Sooner or later, there will only be one way to diagnose patients and the billing codes will already be assigned (no need for coders), and all reports will state the same exact phrase. It will all be done with the press of a button or a voice-activated drop down.

This profession stopped caring about accuracy or any kind of unique style as soon as they dropped the "must go with EMR" status in many practices of medicine.

There's a machine for everything that spits out the data and even creates the report (results) of the test. I know sleep studies are done this way (techs pop in some numbers but that's about it- no need for MT or an editor), EMG studies are done this way as well (the doctor or tech pops in the numbers). All results are at the ready- no need for dictation, editing, and it even electronically signs the report.

Before I left my hospital position in 2006, they were fast tracking people in the ER who had certain symptoms and they developed a protocol. It was to shorten their stay and make the doctors more ready to take care of more and more patients.

Do you know what game hospitals are playing now for revenue? They allow their pre-admissions department to look up your insurance carrier and your coverage and they demand your deductible before they'll do your surgery. If you don't have the money, they cancel your surgery. No more "we'll bill ya' later, it's pay up or go somewhere else." I have firsthand experience with this as a patient and an employee. That will be the next automated thing you speak to on the phone before surgeries is to give you instructions and you give them your credit card number.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)