Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

People do not pay - their bills (sm)

Posted: Nov 17th, 2019 - 3:31 pm In Reply to: Agree with your comment - about needing a credit card

and the hospital was tired of it, so we were required at scheduling the procedure even to collect the co-pay before the patient even came in for the study, and also collect any balance due on their account if they were coming in for surgery. We had to go in and calculate their unpaid deductible and collect that as well.

I had a freestanding surgery facility wanting thousands up front and wouldn't schedule my surgery. I explained I have where the employer pays for some of the medical bills and they didn't care to hear it.

I had to pay my doctor up front for his surgeon fees, and I told them that again I have where the employer pays half. They took it all or wouldn't do the surgery. I already had all my time off in place and everything ready to go. I had to later on call the office billing department and get my money back. I have a very strong feeling they would have just kept all the money if I hadn't called and told them to check the EOB because they had my money and the employer's money, so they got paid twice. I was livid as I was trying to recuperate. It shouldn't be this way. However, because people don't pay their bills, these places are asking for it upfront so they are assured they are paid for their services.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)