Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

NEW POST FROM LT - SM

Posted: Jul 12th, 2019 - 7:00 pm In Reply to: INFO ON COMPANY FILING BANKRUPTCY - See article.

LT just posted this on her Limitless Facebook page a few hours ago. I have a feeling she has been reading some of the posts on here......

Being in business is not all sunshine and roses.

... Sometimes it's HARD.
... Sometimes you make mistakes
... Sometimes you need to swallow your pride
... Sometimes you need to ask for help
... Sometimes you need to take the punches
... Sometimes you need to deal with haters
... Sometimes you need to forgive yourself for mistakes

What do you do when things are not going great in your business?

I've been in business for 22 years this month (7/7/97). There have been some great years - really great years - and some bad - also really bad. What I've learned is that you can't do everything yourself and just because something worked for a while, even years, doesn't mean that it always will.

Success can be fickle ... sometimes it's luck, sometimes it's skill, and sometimes it's a lack of both that causes issues and problems.

DON'T BE ME:

** Don't learn the hard way.

** Learn from the mistakes and successes of others. Ask them questions - you'd be surprised at how much help you'll get.

** Don't be afraid or too proud to admit what you don't know.

** Don't wait too long to make changes and when you do, make them quickly.

** Admit when you've made a bad decision and turn it around.

** Don't be afraid to show your weakness. It makes you human.

** Remember that there are people who will always point out every mistake you've ever made, no matter how many good decisions you've made since then. You can't make everyone happy all the time, and there are people who will bring up the past over and over again to make themselves feel better about themselves. Ignore them. You know what you're made of and what's inside. They don't.

I did it all myself for a long time. Yes, I had a team, but I was not a leader to that team. They really weren't allowed to make decisions or have opinions. I thought I knew it all. I didn't. I thought I was a good boss. I wasn't.

That was then.

This is now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)