A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Doc dictates "supranasal" but isnt it "superonasal conjunctival fornix". Not in - traci

Posted: Aug 25, 2010

:)

supranasal and superonasal - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
In my experience, dictators seem to use these two terms interchangably, sometimes using one, and then other times using the other.

But since both terms have basically the same meaning, I transcribe them as dictated. Whichever one the dictator uses is the one that I will type.

Of course, I'm also on a verbatim account, but my feeling is that if they dictate "superonasal" that's what they want, and if they say "supranasal" then that's the one they want. And like I said, it really doesn't matter all that much since they both have the same meaning anyway.

Thanks to you I am no longer confused :) - traci

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Similar Messages:

Isnt There One Person On Here That Works For JLG In FL.
Jun 15, 2011

Would like some info on this company. ...

Isnt It Illegal For A Potential Employer To Ask Your Age?
Nov 16, 2009

Have any of you had the feeling you weren't getting callbacks from employers you applied with because of your age?  I've been getting that feeling, and I thought that discrimination based on age, among other things, was illegal. So of course, the answer would be to just not fill in your date of birth, right?  Well, lately I've applied at a few places where the ONLY way to apply was online.  I had actually called them because I wanted to either come in and fill out ...

We Were Just Told We Lost A Client. So I Guess 99.6% Isnt Good Enough
Jan 16, 2014

If you paid your workers a LIVING WAGE they might actually give a flying flip about what they are doing instead of rushing through to the next report so they can grab all the pennies they can.    DISGUSTING!!!! ...

Dr. Dictates Gotten. Would You Type Gotten?
Mar 15, 2010

He has not gotten lost driving.   He has gotten a workup. ...

Dictates Wet-to-drys
Aug 02, 2010

it as wet-to-drys or simply wet-to-dry? In context:  that wet-to-drys would be the best way to go     ...

ESL Doc Dictates (too Funny):
Feb 01, 2014

VR:              "Patient went out drinking CYANIDE (and soon felt sick).  DICTATED:   "Patient went out drinking SATURDAY NIGHT (and soon felt sick).   VR:              "Patient has allergy to  P _  N I S." DICTATED:   "Patient has allergy to  P E A N U T S." ...

Sutures - Doc Dictates S/l 14-0 Ef A Lon Was Used For Closure
Nov 19, 2009

Morning all - looking for suture name/type.  Doc dictates s/l 14-0 ef a lon was used for closure.  Pt. had sharp dissection of nose lesion.  Thank you! ...

Need Opinions Please ... On IME The Physician Dictates .... (sm)
Aug 17, 2010

Most vena cava clips these days can be MRIed - MRId ........ Would it be ed behind MRI or just the d?  Both look very odd.   TIA ...

Dictates Drug List With DMT 5-MeO. Sm
Mar 06, 2011

methamphetamine, marijuana, ecstasy, mushrooms, PCP, DMT, 5-MeO, peyote, LSD, alcohol, and tobacco. (the commas are not dictated).  I am questioning the DMT, 5-MeO, because I find 5-MeO-DMT and one thing??  How to type?  ...

This Doc Always Dictates Under Vitals--can't Ever Make Out
Mar 24, 2012

It's a terrible s/l but really is best I can do with how fast she dictates. Always, always, indistinguishable and run together this way. Vital Signs:  Blood pressure 168/102, pulse 95. Respiratory rate is 16, oxygen saturation 100% on room air, *s/l "wushterpizhil"*, and temperature is 98.4. ...

I Have A Question Regarding QA. Let's Say You Have A Dictator Who 9 Times Out Of 10 Dictates T
Sep 15, 2014

exactly the same on every report and you have put his ROS and PE in your abbreviation expander, but sometimes he will dictate something out of order.  For example, the dictator still says the same exact things he always says, but sometimes instead of saying "EXTREMTIES:  No clubbing, cyanosis or edema."  He says, "EXTREMITIES:  No edema, clubbing or cyanosis."  Do you go back and change it or do you leave it since he is saying the same thing?  And if you don� ...

Doctor Dictates The White Blood Cell Count As 12.3 Thousand
Oct 21, 2009

I have not heard this in a long time and I forget how to transcribe it.  The doctor dictates the white blood cell count as 12.3 thousand.  Do I leave it like that, or is it 12,300??? TIA ...

Cryptococcal Meningitis - The Doctor Dictates: Lumbar Puncture Was Performed And The CSF Showed
Apr 26, 2010

The doctor dictates: Lumbar puncture was performed and the CSF showed cryptococcal trough 1:512.  "India ink pains were positive"  Has anyone ever heard of this?  If so what does "India ink" pains mean?  ...

Doc Dictates "F" Word, Direct Quote, In Psych Eval? How Would You Type?
May 18, 2012

I'm typing a psych eval. Doc  dictates the patient states "I don't give a f**k" I can't find the rules for typing profanity in BOS, but I did find in the psych eval section to type it as quoted. Anyone else know any different??? ...

He Dictates"He Is A Reportedly Healthy 3+ 10-year-old Child" Is This How It Should Be Type
Nov 17, 2009

NM ...

Ortho Doc Dictates S/l "seven Sixteenth" Heel Lift Shoes
Jul 15, 2013

how do you transcribe this ...

He Dictates "a *frayed* Foot Is Noted. It Sounds Like Frayed.
Nov 23, 2009

nm ...

Doc Dictates "senna Docusate" As One Drug. How To Type?
Jun 05, 2010

sd ...

Hyphenation - Doctor Dictates "arterio And Arteriosclerosis" 
Jul 26, 2013

Doctor dictates "arterio and arteriosclerosis."  What is the correct way to type this? "arterio- and arteriolosclerosis" or as above. Thanks for any and all help.  TXMT ...

Oncologist Dictates: EGD Shows "GAVE" (sm)
Apr 24, 2010

I cannot find this - any help would be welcome. ...

Doc Dictates 20 "R M" Ovoids Were Placed For Radiation Therapy.
Oct 13, 2010

Next, 20 mm ovoids were placed into the lateral fornices.  Appropriate geometry was obtained. ...

Doc Dictates "diverticulized" Small Bowel Sm
Jun 14, 2011

I googled the phrase, it came back "diverticulated" small bowel. Is it acceptable to use diverticulated in this sentence? Is "diverticulized" a word? Thank you in advance for any help. ...

He Dictates "absolute Neutrophil 2.5 Thousand" So Would You
Feb 17, 2015

These always confuse and aggravate me.   ...

Doc Dictates "mag Oxide". Do I Expand?
May 13, 2010

mag oxide ...

Doc Dictates Medication "Czedoc"
Apr 12, 2011

"Medications include [long pause from doc] Czedoc 1 tablet daily, ipratroprium bromide 1 to 2 tablets daily, etc."  This is a preop H&P for a rotator cuff repair, so I don't have any clues about the medical condition for which "Czedoc" might be prescribed. I have googled Czedoc and only come up iwth entries on foreigh language sites, so I'm hoping someone here will know.  Thanks! ...

Doc Dictates "T-H-S" BSO With LAR And Loop Ileostomy.
Sep 13, 2011

:) ...

Breast Tumor Markers. Doc Dictates "CA27 Point 29" Then "CA15 Dash 3"
Oct 19, 2011

It just looks odd with two different ways?  Is there a standard? ...

Dr. Dictates- S/l "astrozil 20 Mg"
Apr 26, 2011

Dr. dictates- s/l "astrozil 20 mg" I don't know what the medication is for, and I can't find it in any of my research?  :/ Thanks for any help! ...

Dictates Pubic Pubic "symphy Seal" Area. Not Symphysis? Spelling?
Jun 13, 2010

:) ...

She Dictates "He Is Fair Com Plected" Meaning He Has A Fair Complexion
Feb 08, 2010

Good morning all - I'm trying for a dermatologist today.  Not my usual account.  She dictates "He is fair com plected" meaning he has a fair complexion.  What is the right way to spell complected? I googled it, came up with a lot of variations and nothing concrete.  Thanks for your time!  ...