A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Oncologist dictates: EGD shows "GAVE" (sm) - Ayanna

Posted: Apr 24, 2010

I cannot find this - any help would be welcome.

Gastric Antral Vascular Ectasia :) TYAW - Ayanna

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for looking

I believe - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
it is GAVE syndrome

It could be this...sm - Lilly

[ In Reply To ..]
GAVE --- gastric antral vascular ectasia. :)

Similar Messages:

Was Let Go Because QA Gave Me 97%
Mar 29, 2010

I was let go from my full time job of 10 years.  I dont think I can collect unemployment if I have a part time typing job............ can I? ...

Gave Up Transcription
Jan 23, 2010

Had to give it up after almost 17 years.  My wrists are shot (CTS) (surgery failed to help) and have cervical radiculopathy (numbness and tingling in arms and hands constantly and shooting pains up forearms).  Went on Work comp then SSD.  Get out before you ruin your health.  It's not worth it. ...

Exactly Why I Gave No Notice
Apr 25, 2010

I read the post below from the MDI/Transcend MT who is struggling with BeyondTXT.  When I was informed last week that this platform was going to be installed on my computer in a day or so and then training would take place for God knows how long, I  hung up during the conference call and immediately resigned.  I had started another job, which I was going to give a trial period before leaving Transcend, but I realized that taking the time and effort to learn this unfriendly user pl ...

Gave Notice To The Q
Dec 14, 2010

Hi all.  I've been doing medical transcription for over 20 years, and have been with the Q for almost 12 years (the first year in the office and at home, and then they sent us all home).  Been through all kinds of changes, from working in the local office and at home, to working at home, to being moved to the responsibility of another office, to that office closing down, then to working for a "virtual office" and finally a "service area."  I lost count of how many superv ...

Just Gave My Notice!
Aug 11, 2011

Just gave my notice! Working for the Q was just too stressful! Pay was crap, hours were crap.  I couldn't take it anymore! I went from an awesome job making about 25 bucks an hour with great hours to the Q? My other company closed down (it was local) thanks to EMR.  I must have been desperate.  Just accepted another job for better pay and better hours.. ...

What Companies Gave
Dec 17, 2013

nm ...

Got An E-mail From MQ Friend. She Gave Her
Aug 15, 2010

Another one bites the dust.  She said she didn't have anything lined up yet; just couldn't stand the stress any longer.  ...

Gave Notice Yesterday...
Aug 14, 2012

My employers response?  Crickets...nada...nothing.  Not even an acknowledgement that I was leaving.  Seems strange, don't you think?     ...

Encore Gave Me Bad Paychecks
Aug 07, 2013

I thought I found a good company to work for until I got a two returned checks from them in the mail. The first time I thought mistakes can be made but AGAIN my check was returned. That really upsets me because I work hard for this company and they give me a bad check. There is no excuse for doing this to an employee. I have not been contacted about this check and I just quit because enough is enough. This is very dishonest and unprofessional to say the least. I have a family to take care ...

Just Gave Myself The Best MT Week Gift
May 23, 2014

I sent my resignation letter to my supervisor.  I am getting out before they completely destroy my self-esteem and physical health.  I've had enough.  ...

Pt With Bronchitis. Gave Her A Z-Pak To Cover For S/l Atypicals
Nov 16, 2009

:-) ...

...the Rescue Squad Gave The Patient (s/l) A-dem-a-see. SM
Dec 27, 2009

....an episode of supraventricular tachycardia.  The episode was a few hours in duration.  He developed chest pain and dizziness.  The electrocardiogram was caught by the rescue squad.  The heart rate was about 220.  I assume that the rescue squad gave the patient (s/l) a-dem-a-see.   ...

I Just Gave 2 Weeks Notice. I Am Practically
Feb 22, 2010

giddy and dancing around the room.  At the last second I tried to cancel the e-mail, but it was too late.  Guess it was meant to be.  I have been with this company for 8 years, and they don't deserve me any longer.  ...

MD Just Gave Weight In Kilometers. Not Kidding.
Nov 24, 2010

Company Hiring For MT Inhouse Just Gave Me A Call
Sep 29, 2010

Paying 15.00 an hour.  It is temp to hire. Hours 8 am to 5 pm, Unfortunately, I already have an inhouse day shift job.  They asked if I knew anyone who would be interested.  Couldn't think of a soul. ...

I Wonder If I Can Give SoftScript The Same Excuse For Not Working That They Gave Me Sm
Feb 18, 2011

when there was no work ... how about, "it is too sunny  to work?"  LOL   They are still running the ad portraying outsourcing as evil.  You'd think they would know the difference between outsourcing and offshoring. A few more days and it will not be my issue anymore ........ ...

My Son Gave Me Noise Cancelling Earphones For Christmas!
Dec 27, 2011

It was probably the sweetest present he's ever given me!  He and his sister and three friends are playing "Rock Band" in the living room, two rooms away, right now, and I can hardly hear them while I'm working!   What a son! ...

TTD Just Gave Us All The STOP On Working Until Further Notice. No Warning. No Nothing. Just Told
Aug 02, 2012

NM ...

Dr. Dictates Gotten. Would You Type Gotten?
Mar 15, 2010

He has not gotten lost driving.   He has gotten a workup. ...

Dictates Wet-to-drys
Aug 02, 2010

it as wet-to-drys or simply wet-to-dry? In context:  that wet-to-drys would be the best way to go     ...

ESL Doc Dictates (too Funny):
Feb 01, 2014

VR:              "Patient went out drinking CYANIDE (and soon felt sick).  DICTATED:   "Patient went out drinking SATURDAY NIGHT (and soon felt sick).   VR:              "Patient has allergy to  P _  N I S." DICTATED:   "Patient has allergy to  P E A N U T S." ...

Sutures - Doc Dictates S/l 14-0 Ef A Lon Was Used For Closure
Nov 19, 2009

Morning all - looking for suture name/type.  Doc dictates s/l 14-0 ef a lon was used for closure.  Pt. had sharp dissection of nose lesion.  Thank you! ...

Need Opinions Please ... On IME The Physician Dictates .... (sm)
Aug 17, 2010

Most vena cava clips these days can be MRIed - MRId ........ Would it be ed behind MRI or just the d?  Both look very odd.   TIA ...

Dictates Drug List With DMT 5-MeO. Sm
Mar 06, 2011

methamphetamine, marijuana, ecstasy, mushrooms, PCP, DMT, 5-MeO, peyote, LSD, alcohol, and tobacco. (the commas are not dictated).  I am questioning the DMT, 5-MeO, because I find 5-MeO-DMT and one thing??  How to type?  ...

This Doc Always Dictates Under Vitals--can't Ever Make Out
Mar 24, 2012

It's a terrible s/l but really is best I can do with how fast she dictates. Always, always, indistinguishable and run together this way. Vital Signs:  Blood pressure 168/102, pulse 95. Respiratory rate is 16, oxygen saturation 100% on room air, *s/l "wushterpizhil"*, and temperature is 98.4. ...

I Have A Question Regarding QA. Let's Say You Have A Dictator Who 9 Times Out Of 10 Dictates T
Sep 15, 2014

exactly the same on every report and you have put his ROS and PE in your abbreviation expander, but sometimes he will dictate something out of order.  For example, the dictator still says the same exact things he always says, but sometimes instead of saying "EXTREMTIES:  No clubbing, cyanosis or edema."  He says, "EXTREMITIES:  No edema, clubbing or cyanosis."  Do you go back and change it or do you leave it since he is saying the same thing?  And if you don� ...

No Shows
Dec 16, 2012

My TSM is fired up today cuz lots and lots of no shows for shifts and nearly every account is out of TAT.    Why does this surprise her with the news that we received last week?   It was hard enough, and then they make it even harder to make a near poverty living.    ...

Doctor Dictates The White Blood Cell Count As 12.3 Thousand
Oct 21, 2009

I have not heard this in a long time and I forget how to transcribe it.  The doctor dictates the white blood cell count as 12.3 thousand.  Do I leave it like that, or is it 12,300??? TIA ...

CT Abdomen Shows (sm)
Apr 29, 2010

compression fracture and marked ?"Gibbles" deformity.   Patient is several years status post MVA with paraplegia, multiple surgeries, and complications.   Thank you so much for helping! ...

Research Shows - MTs Are Better!
Oct 10, 2011

We've always known it, but now the medical research is bearing out the same truth: MTs are more accurate than speech recognition. I try to keep track of studies like this; they're good ammunition! http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21940580     ...