A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Sutures - Doc dictates s/l 14-0 ef a lon was used for closure - Lynn

Posted: Nov 19, 2009

Morning all - looking for suture name/type.  Doc dictates s/l 14-0 ef a lon was used for closure.  Pt. had sharp dissection of nose lesion.  Thank you!

Ethilon suture. - mt7

[ In Reply To ..]
There is an Ethilon suture. Could that be it?

4-0 Ethibond?...and it would be sharp excision of nose lesion. nm - nosa

[ In Reply To ..]

Ethilon sutures - Answers

[ In Reply To ..]
s

Similar Messages:

ASD Closure
May 11, 2013

"prime-M ASD closure" ?? Thx.... ...

SVD Closure Procedure
Nov 23, 2010

s/l corday, i.e., a significant amount of "corday" coming across the superior portion of the SVD. ...

Thoracotomy Closure
Apr 24, 2012

Sounds like Brovina?? Braveena??? skin closure system.... Please help!! ...

Vascular Closure Device
Jul 12, 2011

Doing a balloon valvuloplasty and it sounds like doctor is saying "2 Perclose" of arteriotomy site - not Perclose, but something similar.  Anyone know?  Thanks in advance. ...

Brain Surgery Closure--has Anybody Ever Heard Of...
Feb 03, 2015

A "humanitarian" stitch?  It sounds pretty clear but I can't find this term anywhere with regard to suturing a wound.  I did come up with links to a lot of charity web sites though! LOL Thanks in advance!  ...

S/l Amicas Or A Mucus Closure Deployment, Cerebral Arteriogram
Sep 17, 2010

Any ideas? ...

Doing Breast Implant Closure. "With (s/l) Fish Protector In Place...
Jan 25, 2012

the muscle and fascia were approximated with interrupted simple sutures of 3-0 Vicryl." ...

2.0 PDS Sutures?
Apr 08, 2010

I am used to hearing "two oh pds sutures" and transcribing "2-0 PDS sutures."  Now I have heard two different docs say, "two point oh pds sutures."  I am wondering if this is another type of suture.  I googled and found many more hits with "2-0 PDS sutures" but still some published articles with "2.0 PDS sutures."  Anyone know what's up with this?  ...

Ott Sutures
Jul 26, 2011

Which is it? 6 ott sutures 6 Ott sutures 6-ott sutures (I'm obviously confused) ...

Sutures Question
Sep 09, 2010

The patient has four s/l inarthed sutures on her chin.  This is a 3-year-old patient.  Thanks for taking the time and any help you can offer! ...

Figure-of-x Sutures
Oct 05, 2010

Is there such a thing as figure-of-x sutures? ...

Silk Sutures
Mar 29, 2011

doctor is saying "two double O silk sutures" and I am not sure how to type that.   My first thought was 2-00 silk sutures?  Does anyone know if that is right? Thanks in advance! ...

S/l Stoney Sutures??
Jan 15, 2012

FILMS OF THE CHEST, 2 VIEWS COMPARISONS: ___ [DATE]. HISTORY: (s/l itus), congestive heart failure. FINDINGS: A problem with the cardiac silhouette is noted. (s/l stoney) sutures are present. Thoracic screw fixation is noted of the distal thoracic spine. Surgical clips are noted in left upper quadrant. Mild blunting is noted in the left costophrenic angle suggesting atelectasis. No focal areas of consolidation are identified. ...

S/l Monocle Sutures
Apr 21, 2012

Sounds like "monocle sutures" "s/l Monocle sutures are clipped." Any ideas? Thanks :) ...

S/l March Saline Sutures???
Jun 10, 2010

Whatever they are, they are attaching a skin graft to the mandible.  Thanks! ...

Sutures - Do You Type 3-0 Or Spell It Out As In Three-zero?
Jul 14, 2011

I am new at transcribing op reports.  Physician is discussing sutures and I am wondering about the proper way to type this.  Do you type 3-0 or spell it out as in three-zero?  Thanks! ...

Multiple 6-0 S/l Fullon Sutures
Oct 29, 2012

Multiple 6-0 s/l fullon sutures were then utilized to complete the skin closure. ...

Sutures - Irrigation Was Done And We Placed Interrupted 2-0 Monocryls
Jul 17, 2010

Irrigation was done and we placed interrupted 2-0 Monocryls within the aneurysm sac itself to cause collapse of the soft tissue. The skin was closed with 2-0 Prolene and 4 (for endair) sutures for eversion. ...

Sutures - Should I Leave It As Triple Or Could It Be 3-0 Plain Gut?
Feb 12, 2011

This ia a verbatim account. D: ....was closed with triple plain gut. Should I leave it as triple or could it be 3-0 plain gut? ...

Correct Way To Type 4 #50 Nylon Sutures?
Nov 01, 2011

States "four number five oh nylon sutures"  What is the correct way to type this?  Thanks! ...

Dr. Dictates Gotten. Would You Type Gotten?
Mar 15, 2010

He has not gotten lost driving.   He has gotten a workup. ...

Dictates Wet-to-drys
Aug 02, 2010

it as wet-to-drys or simply wet-to-dry? In context:  that wet-to-drys would be the best way to go     ...

ESL Doc Dictates (too Funny):
Feb 01, 2014

VR:              "Patient went out drinking CYANIDE (and soon felt sick).  DICTATED:   "Patient went out drinking SATURDAY NIGHT (and soon felt sick).   VR:              "Patient has allergy to  P _  N I S." DICTATED:   "Patient has allergy to  P E A N U T S." ...

ILR Was Reinserted Back And Sutured With Ethibond 0-2 Sutures?
Aug 15, 2011

Is it Ethibond 0 two sutures?  Or, Ethibond 0-2 suture?  Or 0-2 Ethibond suture?  Any help is appreciated.  ...

Radiology Report...(s/l Starney) Sutures Are Present.
Jan 23, 2012

HISTORY: Congestive heart failure. MRI FINDINGS: Slight cardiac silhoutette noted.(s/l starney) sutures are present. *I have exhausted my resorces and still can't tell what he's referring to. ...

Need Opinions Please ... On IME The Physician Dictates .... (sm)
Aug 17, 2010

Most vena cava clips these days can be MRIed - MRId ........ Would it be ed behind MRI or just the d?  Both look very odd.   TIA ...

Dictates Drug List With DMT 5-MeO. Sm
Mar 06, 2011

methamphetamine, marijuana, ecstasy, mushrooms, PCP, DMT, 5-MeO, peyote, LSD, alcohol, and tobacco. (the commas are not dictated).  I am questioning the DMT, 5-MeO, because I find 5-MeO-DMT and one thing??  How to type?  ...

This Doc Always Dictates Under Vitals--can't Ever Make Out
Mar 24, 2012

It's a terrible s/l but really is best I can do with how fast she dictates. Always, always, indistinguishable and run together this way. Vital Signs:  Blood pressure 168/102, pulse 95. Respiratory rate is 16, oxygen saturation 100% on room air, *s/l "wushterpizhil"*, and temperature is 98.4. ...

I Have A Question Regarding QA. Let's Say You Have A Dictator Who 9 Times Out Of 10 Dictates T
Sep 15, 2014

exactly the same on every report and you have put his ROS and PE in your abbreviation expander, but sometimes he will dictate something out of order.  For example, the dictator still says the same exact things he always says, but sometimes instead of saying "EXTREMTIES:  No clubbing, cyanosis or edema."  He says, "EXTREMITIES:  No edema, clubbing or cyanosis."  Do you go back and change it or do you leave it since he is saying the same thing?  And if you don� ...

How Would You Type....the Wound Was "VAC'd"  As In It Had Vacuum Assisted Closure
Sep 08, 2010

the wound was "VAC'd"  as in it had vacuum assisted closure.  This is a verbatim account, so I have to put as he dictates, but not sure how to type it.  is VAC'd correct? ...