A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Breast tumor markers. Doc dictates "CA27 point 29" then "CA15 dash 3" - Should they both be "point" or both be "dash"?

Posted: Oct 19, 2011

It just looks odd with two different ways?  Is there a standard?

CA27.29 and CA15-3 is correct. nm - Fossil

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Tumor markers - marshall11

[ In Reply To ..]
If the client doesn't have specific requirements one way or the other (are you supposed to type verbatim?) I'd be consistent and do them both one way. (I've done a lot of oncology and more often than not it's the dash).

Similar Messages:

Breast Tumor Marking
Oct 30, 2009

The area had been previously injected by radiology with s/l "thicknitian sufrakyloid."   This is regarding an excision of a breast tumor.   Thanks. ...

Dictated Humalog 14 Dash 4 To 5 Dash 14?
Sep 01, 2010

How to type this? ...

Breast Reduction Mammoplasty: S/l "Patengi's Point"
Mar 24, 2015

Anybody heard this term?  I've looked everywhere!    Thanks!  ...

When Dictator Says "dash" Do I Type A Dash?
Nov 28, 2010

If a dictator says "dash" do you put a dash?   For example, Worsening cough—as per HPI.  Is this the correct format or should I be replacing the dash with something else?  Verbatim account.  Thanks for your help. ...

Pt Had Tumor Right Leg. Tumor Was Grossly Resected. It Turned Out To Be An S/l RCA Resction. TIA
Nov 19, 2009

xx ...

For Cancer Marker: Is It CA15-3 Or CA 15-3 ??
Aug 26, 2010

:) ...

The Left Breast Remains Swollen Compared To The Right Breast With Some S/l Po Durage Changes Of The
Dec 19, 2009

xx ...

Dash 4
Nov 16, 2012

Diagnostic left and right coronary angiography was then performed using 5 French sheath  -4 (she said dash 4) and 3DRC catheter suspectively. dash 4.. is that correct? ...

Dash Versus Slash
Aug 05, 2010

Not really a word question, more style - which is actually correct tibia-fibula or tibia/fibula, I have seen it both ways and an account I used to work on it required it to be tibia/fibula, however, corrected by QA to be tibia-fibula, so am I to assume that is the correct way to transcribe it? ...

... DASH Scale Score
May 30, 2011

Data and Tests: Alca measurement tools... DASH scale results and score is 72. This is a physical therapy form. I appreciate the help. ...

<non-s> Markers?
Dec 02, 2010

I'm fairly new to MQ and learning the skip marker thing.  Could someone please tell me, are we suppose to remove the markers that say <non-s>?  I've had so many reports that are FILLED with these markers.  Or, are they suppose to stay in? I'd appreciate input/answers.  Thank you, Happy. ...

QA Markers On 7.1
Nov 15, 2012

Has anyone else had this problem, where you put a QA marker, but when you go back to listen to it again, it takes the sound back to the beginning of the report and no matter how many times you try to fix it, it just keeps doing that? What's the deal? ...

Cardiac Markers
Nov 20, 2009

Cardiac bile markers?  I have never heard of this but that sounds like what he is saying. ?? ...

Skip Markers
Jan 25, 2010

I got a call from MQ regarding the amount of <skip> markers in my ASR reports.  I was told that there shouldn't be more than 3 to 5 skip markers in any given report???  This sounded absolutely ABSURD to me and I told them to give a listen to some of the reports I edit and explain to me how exactly I am suppose to accomplish that!  Has anyone been told that or something similar?  It doesn't seem to me that the "ASR machine" will learn if we simply do correctio ...

CMTgenetic Markers
Jul 13, 2010

He says "I was going to do the CMT genetic markers for the "excellent" gene".  I have looked under CMT genetic markers and cannot find any "excellent" gene or anything that looks like it. Any ideas?  ...

Some Thoughts On The S Markers
Sep 16, 2010

I was wondering why in the new 6.1 version, it takes more words to get an automatic S marker inserter (highlighting words then using the delete button).  I used to have to count the words and if 5 or more, used to place the S marker.  I wonder why now the difference.  Do you think the Q keeps track of how many S markers are generally given in our documents as their ASR system is developed, and now wants to give themselves another pat on the back, exclaiming how their stellar ASR s ...

ASR And Skip Markers
Sep 24, 2010

I accidentally hit the delete button and it did not put in a skip marker so wondering if the trainer was wrong. ...

What Are These Non-s Markers Showing Up Now? Sm
Oct 31, 2010

Since the new upgrade 3 days ago, the ASR reports are showing continuously these red non-s markers....   Annoying.  And I don't hear in the report any lapses of time.   I thought this was supposed to be something that was manually put in, so my guessing is Yes, we are editing ILP work!!!!   Oh well, I am just ecstatic I now have high speed internet and now no longer at the mercy of dial up on top of NJA and other problems.   I actually do li ...

Margin Map Markers
May 09, 2011

Has anyone heard of Margin Map markers used during mastectomy?  Previous reports have it as MarginMap markers, but I cannot find this in any of my reference books or online.  The complete sentence is "The breast was labeled with a MarginMap markers."  TIA! ...

How Do We Check/uncheck QA Markers?
Mar 14, 2010

My first report of the day was an ESL (typical for a Sunday when that's all I get).  I had QA markers, but when I went to send the document, the QA box was already checked and I couldn't uncheck it.  I didn't think another set of ears would have heard what I couldn't.  Obviously this report went on to QA as I was given no choice.  Aren't we supposed to have a choice to check that box starting today? ...

Cereal Inflammatory Markers . . . Yum!
Oct 03, 2010

gotta love ASR - this one made me spew coffee. ...

Why Is MME Leaving QA Markers In My Reports? Sm
Oct 26, 2011

I had a few extremely difficult ESL dictations tonight and reluctantly sent them to QA, only to get them back with some of my QA markers listened to, and others left in the report.  I thought they had to listen to ALL of the QA markers and either correct them or blank them?  I thought we weren't supposed to send reports with QA markers in to the hospitals?  Is this just the MME not doing their job, or something else? By the way, 99% of my QA markers were turned into blanks b ...

Turning Off Skin Markers
Dec 07, 2011

anyone remember how to turn off skip markers? ...

Can I Access Markers In ExpressScribe?
May 08, 2012

When a doctor uses markers at the beginning of each patient's dication in a recording, how can I access those in Express Scribe when listening to it? I have e-mailed the company twice, and the first reply was totally unrelated to my question. There was no reply to the second query. I am currently using the free dl version of ExpressScribe but would glady upgrade to the $30 version if I was sure I could access the markers. Thanks for any help! ...

Corporate Letter --- QA Markers QUESTION
Mar 02, 2010

HELP PLEASE.   The way I read the letter a QA marker will no longer automically route a report to QA, that we must request that it go to QA.  So how do we do that?  I'm stopped on a report with a marker because of no ADT feed.  Thanks in advance.     ...

Frist Time Right - New Procedure For QA Markers
Mar 05, 2010

Okay so I am going round and round with this.  I understand that MQ will be using weekly figures to determine the submission rate.  I understand how the submission rate is calculated but what I cannot figure out is how they determine what lines to pay the reduced amount on.  My super's comment was that you will be paid the rate on everything after the 10% (3-14 - 5-1) or 5% (after 5-1) that is sent to QA.  So, maybe one of you posters out there, who is not visual ...

I Hope Those Of You Who Delete Skip Markers
Sep 10, 2010

Just a thought.  I'd rather not have ASR learn too much.  If it gets too good, I'm out of work (more than usual anyway). ...

S/l Positive SIT Markers For Celiac Disease
Nov 02, 2010

I have heard this before but cannot place it. ...

Stop Putting Thank You, When It Stands Alone, Under Ship Markers
Mar 04, 2012

They arent gonna help us with ASR problems,..least we can do is stop making problems for ourselves ...

Dr. Dictates Gotten. Would You Type Gotten?
Mar 15, 2010

He has not gotten lost driving.   He has gotten a workup. ...