A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ortho doc dictates s/l "seven sixteenth" heel lift shoes - New MT

Posted: Jul 15, 2013

how do you transcribe this

7/16 (as in 7/16 of an inch) - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Anyone Else In My Shoes??
Mar 04, 2010

I just read my Medquist email and heard about this new First Time Right policy!! 5% QA submission, are they kidding me? When this proposal was first mentioned months ago, I had my first major conflict with my supervisor arguing the fact that I type for multiple foreign doctors at teaching hospitals and there was no way I was able to comply with only a 5% submission rate and be able to in turn comply with a 98% accuracy rate....and can you guess what my answer was from my direct supervisor - "Typ ...

Dip Soled Shoes?
Apr 20, 2011

Anyone heard of this?  I hear it twice in the same report.  No other information to help me thus far.  TIA! ...

MedQuist Cost Cuts Lift Profit 7 Percent
May 13, 2010

MedQuist said it reduced employee head count last year and lowered transcription costs by increasing its use of speech recognition technology. = employees took the loss while they got the gain! (Courier Post) ...

Sent Heel??
Dec 14, 2011

The dr dictates "She had her wound care this morning consisting of S/L 'sent heel' wrap, padded and heel protector put in place."  I've tapped out my resources.  Can someone please tell me what he might be saying. ...

Heel Pain
Oct 15, 2013

Does anyone else suffer from heel pain from constant use of the foot pedal? Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on a setup that might alleviate the heel pain, perhaps by someone getting your heel off the floor somehow. Staples sells a foot rest, but someone you'd have to attach the foot pedal to it. Not sure if that would work. ...

S/l Show Pad Strap And Heel Cups
Nov 21, 2012

My recommendation would be physical therapy.  In addition we have gotten him show pad straps and heel cups. ...

Taking Test, Foot Pedal Issue - Report Begins Over Every Time I Lift My Foot!
May 27, 2010

I am taking a test for a company and have gotten as far as taking the transcription portion.  I downloaded their file (pedalplugin-win) but whenever I lift my foot off play, the tape rewinds to beginning.  I cannot rewind or FF and autoplay to 0 isn't registering. Can anyone suggest what I could do to? Thanks!!!!  I have 4 hours to complete test. ...

He Is Receiving S/l Maxer Of Silver To The Left Heel Ulcer.....
Sep 22, 2010

n/m ...

Patient Has Colicky Abdominal Pain. Doc Tried To Ellcit S/l Heel Strike Sign? Help!
Apr 03, 2012

.. ...

How Should I Transcribe "a Sixteenth Of A Cc"
Jul 01, 2013

Not sure how to transcribe the above. D: "...a sixteenth of a cc of purulent drainage..." Should it be "1/16 mL of purulent drainage..." Thanks for any advice! ...

"the Heel Is Up And A Bit More *equinos*...." - Is This Spelled Correct?
Nov 28, 2009

nm ...

A Countersink Was Used To Drill A "s/l Comet" In The Heel.
Apr 01, 2010

ortho surgery, talonavicular arthrodesis.   Thanks! ...

Dr. Dictates Gotten. Would You Type Gotten?
Mar 15, 2010

He has not gotten lost driving.   He has gotten a workup. ...

Dictates Wet-to-drys
Aug 02, 2010

it as wet-to-drys or simply wet-to-dry? In context:  that wet-to-drys would be the best way to go     ...

ESL Doc Dictates (too Funny):
Feb 01, 2014

VR:              "Patient went out drinking CYANIDE (and soon felt sick).  DICTATED:   "Patient went out drinking SATURDAY NIGHT (and soon felt sick).   VR:              "Patient has allergy to  P _  N I S." DICTATED:   "Patient has allergy to  P E A N U T S." ...

Sutures - Doc Dictates S/l 14-0 Ef A Lon Was Used For Closure
Nov 19, 2009

Morning all - looking for suture name/type.  Doc dictates s/l 14-0 ef a lon was used for closure.  Pt. had sharp dissection of nose lesion.  Thank you! ...

Need Opinions Please ... On IME The Physician Dictates .... (sm)
Aug 17, 2010

Most vena cava clips these days can be MRIed - MRId ........ Would it be ed behind MRI or just the d?  Both look very odd.   TIA ...

Dictates Drug List With DMT 5-MeO. Sm
Mar 06, 2011

methamphetamine, marijuana, ecstasy, mushrooms, PCP, DMT, 5-MeO, peyote, LSD, alcohol, and tobacco. (the commas are not dictated).  I am questioning the DMT, 5-MeO, because I find 5-MeO-DMT and one thing??  How to type?  ...

This Doc Always Dictates Under Vitals--can't Ever Make Out
Mar 24, 2012

It's a terrible s/l but really is best I can do with how fast she dictates. Always, always, indistinguishable and run together this way. Vital Signs:  Blood pressure 168/102, pulse 95. Respiratory rate is 16, oxygen saturation 100% on room air, *s/l "wushterpizhil"*, and temperature is 98.4. ...

I Have A Question Regarding QA. Let's Say You Have A Dictator Who 9 Times Out Of 10 Dictates T
Sep 15, 2014

exactly the same on every report and you have put his ROS and PE in your abbreviation expander, but sometimes he will dictate something out of order.  For example, the dictator still says the same exact things he always says, but sometimes instead of saying "EXTREMTIES:  No clubbing, cyanosis or edema."  He says, "EXTREMITIES:  No edema, clubbing or cyanosis."  Do you go back and change it or do you leave it since he is saying the same thing?  And if you don� ...

Doctor Dictates The White Blood Cell Count As 12.3 Thousand
Oct 21, 2009

I have not heard this in a long time and I forget how to transcribe it.  The doctor dictates the white blood cell count as 12.3 thousand.  Do I leave it like that, or is it 12,300??? TIA ...

Cryptococcal Meningitis - The Doctor Dictates: Lumbar Puncture Was Performed And The CSF Showed
Apr 26, 2010

The doctor dictates: Lumbar puncture was performed and the CSF showed cryptococcal trough 1:512.  "India ink pains were positive"  Has anyone ever heard of this?  If so what does "India ink" pains mean?  ...

Doc Dictates "F" Word, Direct Quote, In Psych Eval? How Would You Type?
May 18, 2012

I'm typing a psych eval. Doc  dictates the patient states "I don't give a f**k" I can't find the rules for typing profanity in BOS, but I did find in the psych eval section to type it as quoted. Anyone else know any different??? ...

He Dictates"He Is A Reportedly Healthy 3+ 10-year-old Child" Is This How It Should Be Type
Nov 17, 2009

NM ...

He Dictates "a *frayed* Foot Is Noted. It Sounds Like Frayed.
Nov 23, 2009

nm ...

Doc Dictates "senna Docusate" As One Drug. How To Type?
Jun 05, 2010

sd ...

Hyphenation - Doctor Dictates "arterio And Arteriosclerosis" 
Jul 26, 2013

Doctor dictates "arterio and arteriosclerosis."  What is the correct way to type this? "arterio- and arteriolosclerosis" or as above. Thanks for any and all help.  TXMT ...

Oncologist Dictates: EGD Shows "GAVE" (sm)
Apr 24, 2010

I cannot find this - any help would be welcome. ...

Doc Dictates 20 "R M" Ovoids Were Placed For Radiation Therapy.
Oct 13, 2010

Next, 20 mm ovoids were placed into the lateral fornices.  Appropriate geometry was obtained. ...

Doc Dictates "diverticulized" Small Bowel Sm
Jun 14, 2011

I googled the phrase, it came back "diverticulated" small bowel. Is it acceptable to use diverticulated in this sentence? Is "diverticulized" a word? Thank you in advance for any help. ...