A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Need opinions please ... on IME the physician dictates .... (sm) - anon

Posted: Aug 17, 2010

Most vena cava clips these days can be MRIed - MRId ........

Would it be ed behind MRI or just the d?  Both look very odd.

TIA

I do it this way...sm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
MRI'd...because the apostrophe takes the place of missing letters. :)

Thanks so much GT, that is exactly how I did it. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Referring Physician Vs Requesting Physician
Apr 30, 2013

What is the difference between referring physician and requesting physician? ...

Dr. Dictates Gotten. Would You Type Gotten?
Mar 15, 2010

He has not gotten lost driving.   He has gotten a workup. ...

Dictates Wet-to-drys
Aug 02, 2010

it as wet-to-drys or simply wet-to-dry? In context:  that wet-to-drys would be the best way to go     ...

ESL Doc Dictates (too Funny):
Feb 01, 2014

VR:              "Patient went out drinking CYANIDE (and soon felt sick).  DICTATED:   "Patient went out drinking SATURDAY NIGHT (and soon felt sick).   VR:              "Patient has allergy to  P _  N I S." DICTATED:   "Patient has allergy to  P E A N U T S." ...

Sutures - Doc Dictates S/l 14-0 Ef A Lon Was Used For Closure
Nov 19, 2009

Morning all - looking for suture name/type.  Doc dictates s/l 14-0 ef a lon was used for closure.  Pt. had sharp dissection of nose lesion.  Thank you! ...

Dictates Drug List With DMT 5-MeO. Sm
Mar 06, 2011

methamphetamine, marijuana, ecstasy, mushrooms, PCP, DMT, 5-MeO, peyote, LSD, alcohol, and tobacco. (the commas are not dictated).  I am questioning the DMT, 5-MeO, because I find 5-MeO-DMT and one thing??  How to type?  ...

This Doc Always Dictates Under Vitals--can't Ever Make Out
Mar 24, 2012

It's a terrible s/l but really is best I can do with how fast she dictates. Always, always, indistinguishable and run together this way. Vital Signs:  Blood pressure 168/102, pulse 95. Respiratory rate is 16, oxygen saturation 100% on room air, *s/l "wushterpizhil"*, and temperature is 98.4. ...

Physician Look-ups
Nov 23, 2010

Does anyone have any good websites for looking up physician names?  Started a new job and I am all over the country on some of these physicians.  Sometimes i have a full name, other times just a last name and no clue as to what the speciality is.  Thanks in advance for your help.  ...

Physician Thank You
Dec 08, 2014

So, I'm editing this report and it comes to the end and the physician states, "Transcriptionist, thank you so very, very much.  I appreciate you and your work."  Totally made my day!  Since this physican doesn't know it was me doing the report, I wanted to pass it on so hopefully it'll make someone else's day too.  Please no negative comments.  I have enough negative (as we all do).  Let me just enjoy the thank-you, and even more the appreciatio ...

I Have A Question Regarding QA. Let's Say You Have A Dictator Who 9 Times Out Of 10 Dictates T
Sep 15, 2014

exactly the same on every report and you have put his ROS and PE in your abbreviation expander, but sometimes he will dictate something out of order.  For example, the dictator still says the same exact things he always says, but sometimes instead of saying "EXTREMTIES:  No clubbing, cyanosis or edema."  He says, "EXTREMITIES:  No edema, clubbing or cyanosis."  Do you go back and change it or do you leave it since he is saying the same thing?  And if you don� ...

Resident Physician
Nov 26, 2010

I have alway been told when in doubt, leave a blank. Resident did not give attending physician's name. There was a doctor's name in the hearder as attending, but I  was not sure so I left the attending line blank at the bottom of the report. My boss calls me and tell s me to go on a limb and guess in the future.  I do not like those ethics because it leaves me up for problems in the future.  Comments welcomed. ...

Physician's Addresses
Sep 01, 2011

What's a good website to use to get current addresses of physicians?  Thanks ...

One Physician Transcription
Oct 06, 2011

I have been approached by a physician to do his transcription.  This is to be done at home.  What equipment will I need for transcribing  --- also, what equipment will the physician need for dictating?  I appreciate all your suggestions.  I have done transcription for this doc at a hospital.  The hospital went voice recognition -- using a company 100+ miles away.  He wants me to do the transcription for surgeries he does in a different location other than ...

Associated Or Associative Physician
Sep 14, 2012

The doctor I transcribe for sometimes says "Associated Physician" and sometimes says "Associative Physician" and then lists the doctor's name.   Sometimes he will also list a "Primary Physician."  Just curious to see if there is a difference between associated vs associative and if one would be better than the other in this situation.  Any thoughts? Thanks! ...

Another Physician's Comments On Using The EMR
Nov 23, 2012

Below is a link to a NY Times editorial.  "The advent of electronic medical records has been a boon to patient safety and physician efficiency in many ways. But it has also brought with it a slew of “timesaving” tricks that have had some unintended consequences. These tricks make it so easy for doctors to document the results of standard exams and conversations with patients that it appears more and more of them are being documented without ever having happened in the first pla ...

Physician Scribes
Jun 21, 2013

Physician scribe jobs have just come to my attention.  Been browsing the Internet and heard about it locally, too.  Can't find a really detailed description of what these scribes actually do in a day's work.  Anyone know?  Thanks! ...

PSA: Consulting Physician
Oct 03, 2013

I admit, this is a huge pet peeve of mine.  The consulting physician is the one who goes to see the patient at the request of the REFERRING physician.  I wish I could get some docs to read this and state the difference.  If I was typing, I could just correct it right away but I have to correct it on the VR.  ...

Just A Message From A Physician
May 21, 2015

Hello everyone and sorry to intrude. I just wanted to say thank you. I'm a hospitalist physician and I dictate daily. I would say about 10% of my dictations contain a "_______" that needs to be corrected, maybe less...and I am someone who mutters a LOT. So I'm surprised it's not a much higher percentage. And when I hear some of my fellow internationally-born docs dictate, I'm amazed that ANYONE, let alone someone over the phone, would be able to understand what this person i ...

Physician Do Not Dictate List
Mar 15, 2010

Since we have a (lengthy) Do Not Use list, I think the doctors should be versed in proper dictating form with a Do Not Dictate list to include "next", "next number", "new line", "skip line", "and", and "uh, uh, uh" and all those other little irritating words that ASR loves!  Charge them 3 cents MORE per line of dictation if they can't maintain 98% with no blanks sent back to them!!!!!!!! ...

Bowing To Physician's Wishes
Jun 24, 2011

Just got an E-mail from our QA person stating that a physician is complaining that we are not sending CC's to the PCP that he gives at the beginning of the report.  Now, I do realize that this information has been placed into the Client Profile under specific instructions for this physician, but sometimes when you are working on the same facility and feel comfortable you stop looking at the CP for every single MD.  This is not a facility I type on often, and apparently it is not j ...

My Father, An 89-year-old Physician...sm
Oct 05, 2010

just retired from his practive in July.  His body wore out long before his mind is willing to concede so he wants/needs to stay busy and connected.  His life story is an extremely interesting one and he is considering writing his memoirs.  Since I have been transcribing for over 30 years he has turned to me for help.  All he knows to use is a handheld recorder but I do not have (or wish to purchase) equipment to transcribe from tapes.  Is there a way he can transcribe, e ...

Not Sure What To Do. Afraid Of What A Physician Is Asking Me To Do. Advice
Nov 20, 2010

I have an account with a physician whom had one of his office staff call me yesterday on their cell phone, asking me to "delete" information on a particular patient, certain things in their weekly follow up visit reports.  He is being audited by someone, and this sort of freaks me out. I do not want to alter a dictation that has already been billed to insurance for.  I asked him to send the request to me in writing, so that in the event something would happen, I would have that infor ...

MT Transition To Physician Assistant
Mar 05, 2011

I am considering this.  I am interested in biology and medicine, but do not want to be a nurse.  Anyone know about physician assistant's courses, how rigorous they are, how expensive and how much time it takes to complete them?  I am in the middle of getting my associates degree right now in general studies.  The original plan is going for a masters in social work, but biology and medicine is holding my interest at this point, so wondering if I should switch majors.  ...

Dictating NP Different From Attending Physician
May 27, 2011

How and where do you designate the dictating nurse practitioner's (NP) name when she is not the attending physician (psych discharge summary)? ...

How Hard Can It Be For A Physician/dictator To Put In The
Jan 14, 2013

correct patient name/number.  It's really scary the way they screw these things up.  If they would slow down and pay attention to what they are doing, my guess is that it wouldn't happen  nearly as often as it does.  If they would quit overbooking/overloading themselves with patients, then maybe they could slow down enough to properly take care of the patients they have.  It just about blows my mind that we are held to a higher standard than the doctors. ...

Fuzzy Physician Search
Sep 26, 2013

it was really helpful. It's been gone six months now.  When are they going to bring it back? ...

Are We Going Down, Can't Load ADT Or Physician Info
Nov 10, 2013

x ...

Physician Question Marks In ADT.
Nov 26, 2013

Did they fix this in the new Fluency 7.3 upgrade? Our group has not upgraded yet. I was transferred to a new group, and amongst the information sent out today by QAM was that we are to re-research and repopulate any physician with a question mark in the ADT. I quit repopulating physicians with question marks in the ADT sometime back and have never had any input from QA. It makes me maniac angry to have to spend upaid time fixing IT's incompetency. I so want to send an angry note ba ...

Does Anyone Still Have Fuzzy Physician Search?
Mar 13, 2014

I had it a few hours, then after we had all that downtime, it disappeared, never to return again. ...

Nurse Practitioner Dictating For Physician
Jan 19, 2010

I have a physician who needs ideas of verbage at the bottom of dictation in which his nurse practitioner dictates notes for him on patient's that they see together.  Has anyone provided anything like this before?  Any ideas? ...