A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dictates pubic pubic "symphy seal" area. Not symphysis? Spelling? - brandy

Posted: Jun 13, 2010

:)

symphyseal - Janie

[ In Reply To ..]

According to Dorland's Dictionary:

symphyseal (sim-fiz´e-Ó™l)   pertaining to a symphysis.

Thanks Janie! - brandy

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Similar Messages:

Ischiococcygeal Area Or Ishial And Coccyx Area?
Dec 21, 2014

QA picked this up.  I had ischiococcygeal area which I could find listed as one word on google, but I could not find it listed by search criteria which I separated the 2 words.  I can find ischial and coccyx, but not together as the dictator is stating.  The only thing that makes me wonder iif QA is right is the context before the words.  He stated he has 2 ulcers at the ischiococcygeal area.  It seems like in this case it would be ischial and coccyx, but I cannot docume ...

In Seal Device?
Feb 09, 2010

A laparoscopic in seal device was used to mechanically score the medial aspect of the sigmoid mesentery immediately caudal and cephalad to the inferior mesenteric artery ...

Spelling Versus Not Spelling
Feb 11, 2011

I never thought I'd say this, but a dictator can do too much spelling.  There is one at my company who spells out every single medication.  While this is normally helpful, this doctor's pronounciation leaves a little to be desired.  It would be much simpler for him to just say the name of the medication.  ...

S/l Release? S/l Mucus Seal?
Feb 19, 2010

with bifrontal pain, continuing after surgical release of a mucus seal, and multiple other operations and surgeries.   sounds like he is saying surgical release? would it be relief? and I tried finding 'mucous seal' would it be mucous cell  ...

*to-seal* To Secure AmnioGraft
Aug 27, 2013

Recurrent conjunctival epithelial cyst excision with pterygium revision, including mitomycin C and AngioGraft with *to-seal* and sutures. The *to-seal* was used to secure the AnmioGraft. ...

In Surgery End Seal Cautery, Is It 1 Word Or 2 - Nm
Oct 20, 2009

x ...

Spinal Surgery S/l DuraGen And Ta-seal
Jul 27, 2010

The reinforcement of the dural repair, composed of DuraGen and ______, is visible on the MRI scan. s/l Ta-seal (emphasis on 2nd syllable). ...

Pt Has History Of Scoliosis And S/l A-seal-ings
Jan 06, 2014

x ...

Dr. Dictates Gotten. Would You Type Gotten?
Mar 15, 2010

He has not gotten lost driving.   He has gotten a workup. ...

Dictates Wet-to-drys
Aug 02, 2010

it as wet-to-drys or simply wet-to-dry? In context:  that wet-to-drys would be the best way to go     ...

ESL Doc Dictates (too Funny):
Feb 01, 2014

VR:              "Patient went out drinking CYANIDE (and soon felt sick).  DICTATED:   "Patient went out drinking SATURDAY NIGHT (and soon felt sick).   VR:              "Patient has allergy to  P _  N I S." DICTATED:   "Patient has allergy to  P E A N U T S." ...

Sutures - Doc Dictates S/l 14-0 Ef A Lon Was Used For Closure
Nov 19, 2009

Morning all - looking for suture name/type.  Doc dictates s/l 14-0 ef a lon was used for closure.  Pt. had sharp dissection of nose lesion.  Thank you! ...

Need Opinions Please ... On IME The Physician Dictates .... (sm)
Aug 17, 2010

Most vena cava clips these days can be MRIed - MRId ........ Would it be ed behind MRI or just the d?  Both look very odd.   TIA ...

Dictates Drug List With DMT 5-MeO. Sm
Mar 06, 2011

methamphetamine, marijuana, ecstasy, mushrooms, PCP, DMT, 5-MeO, peyote, LSD, alcohol, and tobacco. (the commas are not dictated).  I am questioning the DMT, 5-MeO, because I find 5-MeO-DMT and one thing??  How to type?  ...

This Doc Always Dictates Under Vitals--can't Ever Make Out
Mar 24, 2012

It's a terrible s/l but really is best I can do with how fast she dictates. Always, always, indistinguishable and run together this way. Vital Signs:  Blood pressure 168/102, pulse 95. Respiratory rate is 16, oxygen saturation 100% on room air, *s/l "wushterpizhil"*, and temperature is 98.4. ...

I Have A Question Regarding QA. Let's Say You Have A Dictator Who 9 Times Out Of 10 Dictates T
Sep 15, 2014

exactly the same on every report and you have put his ROS and PE in your abbreviation expander, but sometimes he will dictate something out of order.  For example, the dictator still says the same exact things he always says, but sometimes instead of saying "EXTREMTIES:  No clubbing, cyanosis or edema."  He says, "EXTREMITIES:  No edema, clubbing or cyanosis."  Do you go back and change it or do you leave it since he is saying the same thing?  And if you don� ...

Doctor Dictates The White Blood Cell Count As 12.3 Thousand
Oct 21, 2009

I have not heard this in a long time and I forget how to transcribe it.  The doctor dictates the white blood cell count as 12.3 thousand.  Do I leave it like that, or is it 12,300??? TIA ...

Spelling Bee
Apr 22, 2010

I have just recently noticed a LOT of spelling going on.  Just now doc spelled Imuran and Toprol.  Yesterday it was simple things like "lingual."  It is on different accounts and by different doctors.  ...

Cryptococcal Meningitis - The Doctor Dictates: Lumbar Puncture Was Performed And The CSF Showed
Apr 26, 2010

The doctor dictates: Lumbar puncture was performed and the CSF showed cryptococcal trough 1:512.  "India ink pains were positive"  Has anyone ever heard of this?  If so what does "India ink" pains mean?  ...

Central Line Placement With Sea Of Blue, CO Blue, Seal Blue?
Aug 09, 2014

Doc is describing putting in a central line and says "Sea of blue/CO blue was used." Does anyone know what this is?? ...

S/l Zashia But Spelling For Sure?
Nov 16, 2009

Sounds so clear "Zashia" but the spelling is incorrect.  Does anyone have the correct spelling for this drug?  Thanks!!! ...

Cineangiocardiograms? Spelling?
Nov 19, 2009

Can anyone tell me if this spelling is correct?  Cannot find...sounds like "sin-E-angiocardiogram".  Thanks! ...

Which Is The Correct Spelling?
Nov 25, 2009

hemachromatosis or hemochromatosis ...

? About Spelling/correcting
Feb 21, 2010

Anyone ever had this happen? You spell something and you know it's right, plain and simple - however, the doctor corrects you on it, but its still wrong!! Do you spell it "wrong" -just for him only- to make him happy so he doesnt think you're not doing your job right or do you keep on spelling it "right", which he says is "wrong"?   ...

Word And Spelling Help Please
Feb 25, 2010

I have checked about 6 online dictionaries and googled it and can not find spelling for s/l tympanonomoscopy.  Any ENT people out there who can confirm the spelling of this?  He is saying tym-pan-o-ma-scopy.  This is a toddler with possible otitis media (as most of you probably guessed). ...

Segway Spelling Please
Mar 14, 2010

This is coming up misspelled when I spell check it... does anyone know the correct spelling of segway meaning transition?  Thanks! ...

Spelling Of A Work
Aug 04, 2010

Is the spelling of the following word correct?  neurobiochemical ...

Cyst Spelling
Jun 16, 2011

In my Stedman's Plastic Surgery Words book, it is spelled tricholemmal, but the physician and other references spell it trichilemmal.  Does anyone know the correct spelling?  Thanks!  ...

Word Spelling
Mar 29, 2011

Help!!  Is it written nonsurgically or non-surgically? ...

Looking For Spelling Of Med. S/l Flow X
Jul 12, 2011