A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

doctor dictates the white blood cell count as 12.3 thousand - siren

Posted: Oct 21, 2009

I have not heard this in a long time and I forget how to transcribe it.  The doctor dictates the white blood cell count as 12.3 thousand.  Do I leave it like that, or is it 12,300??? TIA

WBC - TMEFG

[ In Reply To ..]
I would say that if he specifically said *12.3 thousand*, transcribe it as 12,300. If he just said 12.3, it is okay to leave it as that. Well, at least for me it would be okay. It might depend on your account specifics or whatever they are called (don't know the correct term for that as I work in a small hospital and everything is standardized).

Similar Messages:

White Blood Cell Count
Nov 29, 2011

Doc says 4.6000 wbc cell count....is this correct?  how should this be written??   ...

White Count Was 7.3 Thousand?
Jan 24, 2011

This is probably a pretty basic one, but how would you correctly word this when a doc dictates a white count this way:  "7.3 thousand?" 7.3000? 7.3 thousand? other?   Thanks -- ...

Help..in Lab Data, Doc Says White Count Elevated At 50.4 Thousand (sm)
Jun 29, 2011

This is a verbatim acct.  Would you type 50.4 thousand? ...

White Blood Cell Scan And Sulfur Colloid Exam Both Showed - Sm
Mar 30, 2010

no s/l sin-do-graph-ic evidence for any acute infectious process.   ...

White Cell Count 27.6000?
Apr 23, 2010

Does it sound right for a white cell count to be 27.6000.  (He stated 27-point-6000).   Looks odd to me but thought I'd ask. ...

White Count Is "2.39 Thousand" How To Type?
May 25, 2012

? ...

*bases* Hemoglobin 9.5, White Count 8.1, Platelet Count 208,000
Nov 08, 2012

On admission *bases* hemoglobin 9.5, white count 8.1, platelet count 208,000, and normal BUN and creatinine. Does this make sense? Should it be basis? This is under Laboratory Data for a Discharge Summary. ...

Red Blood Cell Expert Needed!
Aug 11, 2011

ESL doc is giving a report on red blood cells.  He says:  "There are no fragmented or s/l destructive/destructed cells and no s/l hammer/halma cells, either, only polychromatic." I am at a loss. I'm wondering if hammer/halma is helper cell, but I really don't know. Anyone? ...

He Dictates "absolute Neutrophil 2.5 Thousand" So Would You
Feb 17, 2015

These always confuse and aggravate me.   ...

White Count Help
Dec 30, 2009

Doctor is stating "white count is down to 24,000.2" (twenty-four thousand point 2).  How would you transcribe this.  TIA ...

White Count
Jun 14, 2011

when doc says white count of 5.3 this is to get expanded, is that correct? Also is it expaned to 53,000? ...

How Do You Report A Doctor For Dictating On A Cell Phone?
Jan 04, 2010

He's been told and told not to do this and he still does it.  Isn't that  HIPAA violation, since cell phones are not secure? ...

Cryptococcal Meningitis - The Doctor Dictates: Lumbar Puncture Was Performed And The CSF Showed
Apr 26, 2010

The doctor dictates: Lumbar puncture was performed and the CSF showed cryptococcal trough 1:512.  "India ink pains were positive"  Has anyone ever heard of this?  If so what does "India ink" pains mean?  ...

White Count 13 Point 7000?
Dec 29, 2011

Any ideas on how to type 13 point 7 thousand? My first thought is 13,700 but don't want to guess at it. Thanks. ...

CBC Documented Total White Count Of 14.4 ...
Dec 29, 2012

with a predominance of neutrophils.  *Beta count* normal.  Hemoglobin in the normal range. Serum electrolytes completely unremarkable ...

Hyphenation - Doctor Dictates "arterio And Arteriosclerosis" 
Jul 26, 2013

Doctor dictates "arterio and arteriosclerosis."  What is the correct way to type this? "arterio- and arteriolosclerosis" or as above. Thanks for any and all help.  TXMT ...

Initial Cell Count Revealed 33,280 S/l "nucleated" Cells
Jan 12, 2011

Leukocyte dehydrogenase was greater than 4200 and the initial cell count revealed 33,280 s/l "nucleated" cells with 80% s/l "grans" and 15% monos. ...

6' 8" White Male Or 6 Foot 8 Inch White Male?
Dec 09, 2009

I have not run across the patient's measurements before and have no clue of the proper way to type them. tia.   6' 8" white male or 6 foot 8 inch white male? ...

S/l Derry White Syndrome, And Not Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
Jun 14, 2010

Can't find this, gets infections and cellulitis because of this syndrome, TIA ...

Hematogenous Blood Or Hematomatous Blood?
Sep 14, 2012

Sounds like doc says he aspirated hematogenous blood or hematomatous blood. Any ideas? ...

One Out Of A Thousand
Apr 06, 2010

How do y'all transcribe "one out of a thousand" as in "one out of a thousand risk"? 1:1000?  1/1000? 1 out of 1000?   thanks! ...

Number 7.0 Thousand?
Apr 29, 2010

The doctor is dictating a number that he states as "7.0 thousand."  How would you type this?  My idea is that should be 7.0000.  ...

Lab Dictated 7.6 Thousand???
Aug 24, 2010

nm ...

How Do You Write Out Nine Point Five Thousand?
Sep 09, 2011

This is for a hemogram. Thanks! ...

Couple Thousand Jobs In My Region, But...
Mar 29, 2013

apparently all of "my" docs have started Easter early. NJA/OOW/nada/zilch/zip/zero jobs for me! Funny considering most of the docs on my accts are from other countries and probably not Christian anyway! ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

Ine Count Program That Works With Word And Doesn't Count Blank Lines?
Feb 18, 2012

Does anyone know of a line count program that works with Word and doesn't count blank lines? ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

Dr. Dictates Gotten. Would You Type Gotten?
Mar 15, 2010

He has not gotten lost driving.   He has gotten a workup. ...

Dictates Wet-to-drys
Aug 02, 2010

it as wet-to-drys or simply wet-to-dry? In context:  that wet-to-drys would be the best way to go     ...