A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

we were just told we lost a client. So I guess 99.6% isnt good enough - heres a little secret MModal

Posted: Jan 16, 2014

If you paid your workers a LIVING WAGE they might actually give a flying flip about what they are doing instead of rushing through to the next report so they can grab all the pennies they can. 

DISGUSTING!!!!

I've found over the years - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
that clients are rarely lost because of quality. It's usually because they found something cheaper.

Lost Account - Just a thought!

[ In Reply To ..]
Probably just sent the whole thing to India and lied to you. Wouldn't put it past them.

No when we were bought out our clients agreed to go to Fluency - but not offshore.

[ In Reply To ..]
We stay out of TAT so i'm sure there is no offshoring going on.
That does not mean it is not happening - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
In my personal experience, no one seems to care if offshoring is occurring, even when it is a breach of the contract and even when it violates the law. When told about this, clients and government officials have either not understood that an MTSO was offshoring or they just did not care.

As a taxpayer, I am outraged that my money is going to an MTSO that illegally offshores transcription work and authorities are looking the other way. Theoretically, I am paying someone to take work away from me while they violate the terms of their contract, break the law, drive down the pay rates in this country, and enjoy an unfair advantage over other MTSOs when bidding on contracts.
Mmodal (medsquist) used to type VA reports - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
And for VA there is ABSOLUTELY no off shoring allowed, I worked for a company that typed them and I needed a security clearance..So yea Mmodal lies and sends the crap wherever..I wonder if they still type them?
VA accounts and offshoring - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Not having ever seen any of the contracts some of these MTSOs have with the VA, I was never able to verify that offshoring of that transcription is prohibited. Do you know this because you have seen the contracts yourself or do you know of the actual law? I even spoke with a federal watchdog group that could not tell me for sure if there was a law prohibiting the offshoring of VA contracts. I would appreciate any information you could give me because I am in the process of gathering facts and evidence about a particular MTSO. Thanks.
It is a POLICY, not a "law." - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
It is a policy, not a law. It became policy after Medquist was investigated and found to have offshored work in violation of contractual requirements. A MQ employee blew the whistle on them. If you are interested in the details, google it. It occurred shortly before they changed the name to MM.

The policy applies to all federal agencies, not just the VA. Their contracts must include language prohibiting use of workers located outside the US or companies owned outside the US. It is because the records contain information pertaining to military operations and servicemember's details that presents an ongoing concern to national security and the servicemember's personal safety.

You do not need to see the contracts or the policies. All you have to do is report it to the VA OIG and let them do their job. It is not necessary to do the investigating for them.
The MTSO I was researching - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
is not MModal. It is an MTSO that has a contract with my state, which actually does have a no-offshoring law for state contracts. I was able to gather lots of information about them and file a complaint with my state's Treasury Department. After 2 "audits," though, the state claims they have found nothing to indicate the MTSO is offshoring. Their findings, however, are not congruent with other facts about the MTSO. The Treasury Department claims these other facts, easily verified by anyone, are outside the scope of their investigation, but those facts make their findings impossible. It is apparent to me that no one at the state is interested in whether or not the work is being offshored. If they were, they could have easily examined the books in terms of employee payroll and/or payments to subcontractors (which is within their authority to do), but they did not do that. Interestingly, I know this MTSO also had several federal contracts, too, which is why I wanted to know what the rules were for those contracts.
Should not be typing them - They were banned
[ In Reply To ..]
NM

So very - true.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

4cpl for speech recognition? - mscuedawg

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this the "norm"??? I haven't typed in three years and made 8cpl doing straight typing...$6 an hour for 99% accuracy...when minimum wage here as been raised to $8...?!?!?!

yes it is 4 cpl but I average 300 lph - more if I try

[ In Reply To ..]
but honestly I just shoot for 300 and try not to work myself to death.

Similar Messages:

I Guess The Good Ride For
Feb 11, 2015

is now officially over.  Three accounts, not one drop of work.  Those of you who warned us can now say "I told you so!"   ...

Had A Good Job And Lost The Account..
Feb 11, 2010

We lost our account because an MT had a disagreement about how long she was put on QA for.  She decided to quit and demanded all money be paid right then.  When she was told that she would be paid for that pay period when payment was originally due she wouldn't have it and went to the main company worked was subbed from, started a big mess and to make a long story short, nobody has a job now cause we lost the account.  Why does 1 MT have to ruin things for everyone.  I r ...

I Was Told I Am The Only Person Not Catching Onto VR And Everyone Else Had Caught On And Making Good
Feb 05, 2013

Why Are We Told This Is Slow Time Of Year? MTSO Told Me This
Dec 09, 2010

make up all late reports, etc for the end of the year.  At my MTSO it is anything but slow, Getting lots of reports from Sept and Oct. ...

Isnt There One Person On Here That Works For JLG In FL.
Jun 15, 2011

Would like some info on this company. ...

Isnt It Illegal For A Potential Employer To Ask Your Age?
Nov 16, 2009

Have any of you had the feeling you weren't getting callbacks from employers you applied with because of your age?  I've been getting that feeling, and I thought that discrimination based on age, among other things, was illegal. So of course, the answer would be to just not fill in your date of birth, right?  Well, lately I've applied at a few places where the ONLY way to apply was online.  I had actually called them because I wanted to either come in and fill out ...

Doc Dictates "supranasal" But Isnt It "superonasal Conjunctival Fornix". Not In
Aug 25, 2010

:) ...

New Client
Mar 09, 2010

Well, I certainly feel sorry for those 60 MTs they were able to persuade to go to work for them -- wonder what kind of promises they made them??  They've gotten this procedure down pat over the years -- drawing in unsuspecting MTs with promises of making more money.  All I have to say is good luck, especially since they probably failed to tell them about all of the wonderful changes that are happening, like loss of pay for sending to QA -- make sure you've updated your antide ...

Why Can't They Have The Same CP For Every Client?
Jan 06, 2013

They should have one standard format across all clients and if any client wants it changed, they should charge them per change or addition a recurring fee.  At the very least they should organize them better.  Maybe take advantage of different font colors, so they are easy to spot in the CP panel, like:  Physical exam: Stacked left, all caps subheadings.  and then pick a color for exceptions and put them all in red so its easier to spot.  ...

Looking For New Client
Jul 08, 2013

I am an independent contractor and have been doing orthopedic transcription for this client for 7 years. All of a sudden he is taking more and more work away and giving it to the "new" transcriptionist, who happens to be a friend of an employee of the office. I know this is a cut-throat, competitive business, but does anyone know of any physicians/small MT companies looking for an orthopedic transcriptionist? I only do this work in the evenings and on weekends as I have a full time day job. Than ...

Can Anybody Guess
Jan 04, 2012

Just came across this VR interpretation.  Can anybody guess what the doc was really saying "History of pepperoni she abandoned" ...

I Guess We Will Need At Least
Mar 09, 2014

Because the second TAA petition is about to expire, and as soon as we all get laid off, then we can get back to school.   ...

Unfamiliar Client - Where Is My BOB?
Feb 08, 2010

Okay, I got an e-mail from my manager saying we have a huge backlog.  However, when I download a document I get a client that I have never heard of before and cannot understand and cannot download a client profile. I'm in SA 4.  Anyone else having trouble? ...

Client Files
Dec 01, 2010

I am saving all my client files from the last 3  months, as I have get to be paid.  What am I supposed to do with these files?  I am not getting rid of them because that is the only proof that I have that I worked for the company.  I am trying desperately to retrieve my monies due, but as of now, nothing.  I worked for 3 months and only received payment for 3 pay periods (5 weeks).  This is a crappy company and I only wish that I had believed all of the negarive pos ...

Need Client Profile Help!
Dec 09, 2010

Ok, I just sign on for my shift and get a new account right away, plus it's OP reports, and I'm only a tier 2! Anyway, the CP says: Physicians Names Dictated: Transcribe as dictated using a header tag. Does this mean that anytime a physician's name is dictated I have to make it as a header? That doesn't make any sense to me. Help! ...

Client Not Happy
May 20, 2011

I work for a company that is being acquired by a larger company that begins with a T.  My current account apparently is watching the quality and TAT very closely.  They are a very demanding client, but in the 10 years of working for this client I don't remember this being an issue. In the meantime, I am bombarded by phone calls and emails to work, work, work.  I guess everyone quit.  I work at home and never talk to anyone and have no idea of what is going on but I reall ...

DocShuttle Client
Jul 25, 2012

How do we setup multiple FTP sites to connect in DocShuttle Client?  Under Settings, I could not find any "Add New Host/Site" feature.  This software already has a stupid policy of three installations for one purchase and now if I can't configure more than one site to connect, this will qualify for what you would call a complete ripoff.  I hope I am wrong. ...

ChartNet Client 4.10
Nov 06, 2012

Hello everyone, Can you please advise what companies out there are using ChartNet Client as their transcription software. Thank you very much!!  ...

Ever Get The Emails That The Client Is
Dec 17, 2012

Well I would like to email the client and complain to them about the dictations that they expect me to make sense out of.  I have this one particular doc that is not only speaking so fast the tape is cut down to 80%, but she is whispering.  Afterall it is confidential info, so lets whisper so you can't hear the mess she is attempting to say.  Ugh all in a days work of stress and frustration.  Here comes my low LPH. ...

Client Profile.
Mar 24, 2014

I received a work type which has recently been changed over from a mandatory standard to headings. As I get shuffled around so many different accounts, so, of course I haven't seen this work type enough to remember where the body heading goes. So I inform my TSM of the deficiency that needs to be corrected as I spent considerable time checking past reports. I was very tempted to place the body heading in the wrong place to reinforce the deficient CP. I get an email stating I did the for ...

The Client Is Unhappy!
May 15, 2014

Thirty different accounts, all with confusing and convoluted CPs.  Follow the DQS, then the TSG, then AAMT, then DQS and throw in the JCAHO dangerous abbreviation list just for funsies.  Wait...  Maybe it's the AAMT, TSG, then BOS, only this client is using BOS3, so disregard the BOS2 unless it is Dr. Bobsmyknob who wants his verbatim, but only when he is at the outreach clinic.  And if the CP doesn't specifically say it, DON'T DO IT no matter what the DQS, AAM ...

The Client Is Unhappy
Nov 18, 2014

formatting not done correctly, errors abound.  Ya think? ...

World Client
Jan 29, 2015

I have been noticing for the last few weeks that my deleted email file is empty when I have NOT emptied it or deleted the trashed emails.  Yesterday I went to my inbox and deleted several emails that I did not need.  They went to the deleted file and today they are GONE.  The deleted file is empty. Anyone else having the same issue?  ...

Guess What, Another Incentive, Oh Boy!!
Oct 23, 2009

This is getting to be a regular thing.  Barely enough work to go around in my BOB as it is! ...

To All The Newbies And I Guess All MQ MT's.
Jan 23, 2010

I have been with MQ, well. . . , FOREVER unfortunately.  I found out about the board when I was googling something about Medquist about 2-1/2 years ago.  How did you all find out about this board! ...

Anybody Want To Guess What This Is Supposed To Say?
May 03, 2010

He received supplemental oxygen and anti manic amputations by EMS. ...

Guess I Am Not Leaving
Jun 25, 2010

Got an E-mail (isn't that personal, but better than nothing, I guess) that my old hospital has decided not to fill the position "at this time," but will keep my resume for future reference.  New clothes, pedicure, and a lot of stress for nothing.  So my MQ job is looking a lot better today. . .  Maybe next time.  ...

Can Nobody Even Venture A Guess As To Why
Dec 01, 2011

a company would do that???????? ...

Take A Guess At This ASR Miss
Jan 05, 2012

ASR says: He was seen in "twelfth" 2011.   Anyone care to guess what "twelfth" means? ...

Guess I Am Not One Of The Chosen Few
Mar 07, 2012

E-mail says 300 MTs chosen to attend the webcast.  If you haven't received an invitation, you're not in.  Curious to see what the 300 have to say... ...