A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cryptococcal meningitis - The doctor dictates: Lumbar puncture was performed and the CSF showed - padiddy

Posted: Apr 26, 2010

The doctor dictates: Lumbar puncture was performed and the CSF showed cryptococcal trough 1:512.  "India ink pains were positive"  Has anyone ever heard of this?  If so what does "India ink" pains mean? 

probably India ink "stains" nm - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]

Cryptococcal meningitis - padiddy

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks 1mt....I thought that might have been what he meant, but there was so much talking in noise in the background I could not be sure.

Similar Messages:

Cryptococcal Meningitis Lab Data
Apr 26, 2010

Not too familiar with lab tests regarding this diagnosis, but it sounds like the doctor is saying: "T-cells showed WBC of 7,400, T4 162, TK 2,572, CBC: RBC 4, WCB 3,000 at lumbar puncture. The India ink stains were positive for cryptococcus. Acid _____ culture and gram stain were negative, sugar and protein were normal. ...

Lumbar Puncture For "route 17 Studies"
May 03, 2012

Sounds fairly clear - any clues? thanks! ...

Doctor Dictates The White Blood Cell Count As 12.3 Thousand
Oct 21, 2009

I have not heard this in a long time and I forget how to transcribe it.  The doctor dictates the white blood cell count as 12.3 thousand.  Do I leave it like that, or is it 12,300??? TIA ...

Hyphenation - Doctor Dictates "arterio And Arteriosclerosis" 
Jul 26, 2013

Doctor dictates "arterio and arteriosclerosis."  What is the correct way to type this? "arterio- and arteriolosclerosis" or as above. Thanks for any and all help.  TXMT ...

Lumbar Disc Or Lumbar Disk- Which Is Correct-- Sm
Jul 09, 2011

Which is the correct way to transcribe this -- lumbar disc or lumbar disk -- I have been transcribing 4-ever and typed it disc but was recently told it is disk??  ...

CSF Fluid Components And Meningitis
Aug 04, 2010

Someone's got encephalitis! And my Asian doctor is trying to dictate various components to the CSF, which I cannot understand to save my life.  It sounds like she might be saying C3, C4, possibly CH50 (I googled this but don't know if it's right). If anyone has expertise in this area or a good site to recommend where I can find out about CSF and what's in it, please let me know. Please please please. ...

S/l A *manna* Needle Was Used To Puncture The Lower Aspect Of The Access
Nov 07, 2011

A,sidebart? Supranasally Was Performed.
Jul 03, 2013

Please help if you know this one:  'sidebart' supranasally was performed with a 15-degree blade. ...

Ortho Word - S/l PRC Performed On The Right Wrist
Jun 02, 2010

Patient had a carpal tunnel relase and doc dictates post-op instruction and then dictates the following:   He is to call us in the fall to have his s/l PRC performed on the right wrist.   Any clue what PRC could be?  He pretty clearly dictates PRC but I can't figure it out in regards to the rest of the sentence.  THANKS!!!  ...

Pt Had ORIF Performed With S/l Synthese HS1 Step One
Jan 13, 2011

x ...

Podiatrist Performed Xenograft/porcine With (s/l Aso Powder)
Aug 17, 2010

PROCEDURE PERFORMED Application of xenograft/porcine graft.  Augmentation with "s/o aso (he then spelled ACELO or ACEOO) powder"   Thank you for any help ...

Podiatric S/l 'partial Slap Back" Performed ?
Oct 19, 2009

?? ...

Dr. Says..An MR Study Is Performed To Rule Out Avascular Necrosis Of The Left Hip
Nov 23, 2009

Does he mean an MRI? ...

Pulmo Word - Fresee Or Presse Bronchoplasty Was Performed
Feb 02, 2012

It sounds like a Fresee or Presse bronchoplasty was performed.  ...

FROSBI Work Up. Does Anyone Know What This Stands For. It's A Workup For An Infant Performed
Mar 26, 2013

xx ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

Chest X-ray Showed
Mar 21, 2011

Chest x-ray showed cardiomegaly with s/l perihaligus" disease and possible pulmonary edema.... help, stuck... ...

Gastrografin Showed There Is No (s/l String)... - Nm
May 08, 2013

NM ...

EKG Showed VT Wave Inversions Anteriorly
Feb 19, 2014

EKG showed VT wave inversions anteriorly. Is VT wave correct? ...

Dr. Dictates Gotten. Would You Type Gotten?
Mar 15, 2010

He has not gotten lost driving.   He has gotten a workup. ...

Dictates Wet-to-drys
Aug 02, 2010

it as wet-to-drys or simply wet-to-dry? In context:  that wet-to-drys would be the best way to go     ...

ESL Doc Dictates (too Funny):
Feb 01, 2014

VR:              "Patient went out drinking CYANIDE (and soon felt sick).  DICTATED:   "Patient went out drinking SATURDAY NIGHT (and soon felt sick).   VR:              "Patient has allergy to  P _  N I S." DICTATED:   "Patient has allergy to  P E A N U T S." ...

Lumbar CT Help
Sep 02, 2012

This is a lumber CT with axial and s/l sidial reconstructed images.  I have no clue what he's really saying.  Can someone help me, please? ...

Laboratory Work Showed An EKG With Sinus Tachycardia
Jan 27, 2010

CHART NOTE Laboratory work showed an EKG with sinus tachycardia, 15.7 white count, and hemoglobin 17.8.  Can somebody tell me if this is punctuated right?  ...

Cardiology Workup S/l Showed No Previous Apices
Aug 08, 2010

s/l showed no previous apices.  ...

Catheterization Showed PVR Was 353 S/l Dines Per Cm To The Power Of -5 Per Seconds. Nm
Jul 18, 2014

X ...

Sutures - Doc Dictates S/l 14-0 Ef A Lon Was Used For Closure
Nov 19, 2009

Morning all - looking for suture name/type.  Doc dictates s/l 14-0 ef a lon was used for closure.  Pt. had sharp dissection of nose lesion.  Thank you! ...

Need Opinions Please ... On IME The Physician Dictates .... (sm)
Aug 17, 2010

Most vena cava clips these days can be MRIed - MRId ........ Would it be ed behind MRI or just the d?  Both look very odd.   TIA ...

Dictates Drug List With DMT 5-MeO. Sm
Mar 06, 2011

methamphetamine, marijuana, ecstasy, mushrooms, PCP, DMT, 5-MeO, peyote, LSD, alcohol, and tobacco. (the commas are not dictated).  I am questioning the DMT, 5-MeO, because I find 5-MeO-DMT and one thing??  How to type?  ...

This Doc Always Dictates Under Vitals--can't Ever Make Out
Mar 24, 2012

It's a terrible s/l but really is best I can do with how fast she dictates. Always, always, indistinguishable and run together this way. Vital Signs:  Blood pressure 168/102, pulse 95. Respiratory rate is 16, oxygen saturation 100% on room air, *s/l "wushterpizhil"*, and temperature is 98.4. ...